The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fellow Tenno / and or Devs. Need help with Tennobet / Tattoo

Kharaz

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno.

Since I'm not that good with linguistics I need some help.

I would like to get a new Tattoo, the song title of one of my favorite bands Gojira, but in the Tenno / Orokin Language.

The Title of the Song is "The gift of guilt", how would this look in a written version using the Tennobet?

Every help is much appreciated. Greetings from Germany! A fellow humble Tenno.

Kharaz

Edited by Kharaz

13 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

Ideas and intentions are irrelevant. It's the outcome of those ideas and intentions that matters and the outcome is that you're scarring yourself for life and now look like you can't take care of yourself. That's the image I get along with other people who know better.

Yeah, I think you're missing the point.

OP didn't ask for anyone's approval. It really shouldn't matter to anyone what someone else decides to put on their body... Because it's their body, not yours. 

@CaterHowlett16 I get your general concern in terms of tattoos. But this thread was not about the approval nor was it to push a discussion about should one get a tattoo or not. At the end of the day I'm old enough (born pre 90s), so I know what I want and what I'm doing. Just to give you a quick insight, for me a tattoo has little to do with what others can see / understand for wich I dont care. Its a kind of art wich I want to admire in the first place. Plus it wont effect my career since tattoos are culturaly widely accepted where I live.

@KaraOgata Thank you very much :)

@Momaw Thank you for your detailed explenation and correction. I will most likely use your version. :)

Everyone else thanks for the quick responses and offering help on the subject. Remain as you are and keep a positive attitude.

A fellow humble Tenno,

Kharaz

26 minutes ago, Genitive said:

j635pGM.png

Somebody double check it.

You turned on "manual override" ie literal mode.

You've got 'Th' then 'short E'. The language sheet says this should be pronounced like the E in "pet". But most people actually pronounce "the"  as "thuh",  with a U sound like "tug", which is what Tennotyper suggests.    Also you have spelled the third word with a long O, so instead of "Of" you have "Oaf".  :D

----

In my humble opinion, this is the best spelling:

DUyfj9S.png

• Uses "short uh" for The
  • Replaces F with V in "of" so that it sounds like "of" instead of "off"
  • Removed U in "guilt".  The "double quote marks" vowel doesn't need help, it's already a short "ih" sound. There are no silent vowels in Tennoscript, adding U forces the word to be "guh-ilt"  (consider that, phonetically, guilt and gilt are the same thing)
Edited by Momaw

It's already been answered, it seems. Remember that they don't spell like we do; they spell phonetically, meaning it would be

thuhh gift uv gilt.

Addendum; I personally add the 'h' character whenever I have a dangling vowel, such as in 'the', to make it flow a little better. It's preference-dictated, though, so up to you on which looks better ^_^

May I just say, your choice of musical preference, and tattoo choice, are both superb OuO

Edited by KaraOgata
See; addendum

6 hours ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

So let me get this straight.....

You want to have a permanent mark on your flesh..... of a metal song.......written in a language that so few understand.... that only a hardcore warframe fan would know by their brain alone. Leading to the idea that even if people saw it...they would look like squiggles and random marks and think your an idiot (unless of course you told them but that would get annoying after the 31st person saying "Doi! hai buddi! wat dat mark on ya arm fo?") 

Umm look.......I know right now this SOUNDS like a great idea....but um........this might not be the best choice for your money.....in the long run......

goku_meme_im_just_saiyan_by_drag0ndud3-d

Sorry, but u r completly missing the idea of Tattoos

Actually it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks of the "idea of tattoos".  They want one, and they aren't hurting anybody else by having one, so what does it matter? I assume they are of sound mind, and have the legal basis to make decisions for themself. If people want to decorate their own body with memories or ideologies or simply art, then what possible concern is it of ours?

So. Rock on, OP. o/

(It is amusing to see people so upset by tattooing. It's not like Warframe has a well known public figure with extensive ink on her arms, or anything...)

1 hour ago, Kharaz said:

@CaterHowlett16 I get your general concern in terms of tattoos. But this thread was not about the approval nor was it to push a discussion about should one get a tattoo or not. At the end of the day I'm old enough (born pre 90s), so I know what I want and what I'm doing. Just to give you a quick insight, for me a tattoo has little to do with what others can see / understand for wich I dont care. Its a kind of art wich I want to admire in the first place. Plus it wont effect my career since tattoos are culturaly widely accepted where I live.

@KaraOgata Thank you very much :)

@Momaw Thank you for your detailed explenation and correction. I will most likely use your version. :)

Everyone else thanks for the quick responses and offering help on the subject. Remain as you are and keep a positive attitude.

A fellow humble Tenno,

Kharaz

Don ´t make them to small, u could regret in the future, personal experience

28 minutes ago, Kharaz said:

Greetings fellow Tenno.

Since I'm not that good with linguistics I need some help.

I would like to get a new Tattoo, the song title of one of my favorite bands Gojira, but in the Tenno / Orokin Language.

The Title of the Song is "The gift of guilt", how would this look in a written version using the Tennobet?

Every help is much appreciated. Greetings from Germany! A fellow humble Tenno.

Kharaz

So let me get this straight.....

You want to have a permanent mark on your flesh..... of a metal song.......written in a language that so few understand.... that only a hardcore warframe fan would know by their brain alone. Leading to the idea that even if people saw it...they would look like squiggles and random marks and think your an idiot (unless of course you told them but that would get annoying after the 31st person saying "Doi! hai buddi! wat dat mark on ya arm fo?") 

Umm look.......I know right now this SOUNDS like a great idea....but um........this might not be the best choice for your money.....in the long run......

goku_meme_im_just_saiyan_by_drag0ndud3-d

Edited by CaterHowlett16

1 minute ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Sorry, but u r completly missing the idea of Tattoos

Ideas and intentions are irrelevant. It's the outcome of those ideas and intentions that matters and the outcome is that you're scarring yourself for life and now look like you can't take care of yourself. That's the image I get along with other people who know better.