Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

looking for good anime.

BloodKitten

Are you interested in slice of life? I have my all time favorite anime in my head right now, though it's definitely not for everyone. No fantastical elements (in the world at least, because there are scenes that implement visuals meant to accentuate certain situations). Nothing further than that though, it's non fiction with some perfect romanticism at the best of times.

23 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Are you interested in slice of life? I have my all time favorite anime in my head right now, though it's definitely not for everyone. No fantastical elements (in the world at least, because there are scenes that implement visuals meant to accentuate certain situations). Nothing further than that though, it's non fiction with some perfect romanticism at the best of times.

you could write it and i'll look on kissanime or other sites, if its not safe to name it or something, send me a PM.

3 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

you could write it and i'll look on kissanime or other sites, if its not safe to name it or something, send me a PM.

Hyouka, and it's available on kissanime.

Spoiler

I'll also add that its soundtrack contains a lot of classical (famous pieces have new adaptations by the studio orchestra), if you're interested in that at all. There's a lot of positive things to say about this anime from a heavily biased perspective, but I'll let you decide if it's something worth watching.

Edited by LazerSkink

5 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

i do have a weird request though, im kind of a fan of childhood friend love stories, anyone know anything good in that line? anything with atleast a decent story and characters

I honestly can't think of anything better than Love Hina.  I don't do manga, but I bought that entire series.

14 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Expelled from Paradise

Great, great movie/OVA.  A little boin-y (which I don't mind, it's just the movie was so good the bewbz almost got in the way).

15 hours ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Elfen Lied? No, I doubt it would work...

This was one of the best series I ever watched, but oh man is it DARK.  ...Like, go cheer yourself up by watching FMA Brotherhood a few times.

Classics:  GiTS SAC and SAC 2nd gig, the X series (and the movie if you somehow haven't seen it, but I think the series is better because of development time).  X was done by Clamp too, and the all female studio has a really interesting art style - much more, iunno, ethereal.

Rurouni Kenshin... seriously no one's mentioned this?  Don't watch the OVA's unless you want to cry.  All the more awesome as a few of the characters in it are real, and pretty much as ridiculously powerful as they are in the anime (not the titular character, he's a fusion of four assassins with a made up style and life).

If you're into giant robots, RahXephon is the anime that NGE wanted to be when it grew up.

Wolf's Rain is great, but the ending is "I didn't stop when Steven King told me to" levels of infuriating.

Dark, strong female character driven fantasy without ecchi a thing you're looking for?  Check out Claymore.

All I got.  Sorry if some of that's rather old hat - I got a bit burned out on my first deployment watching ALL the anime, and haven't watched much in the almost decade since.

13 hours ago, Hortonman said:

Seriously?

I never said it was perfect, and one arguably off-point voice doesn't invalidate the quality of the whole.

Dude, nothing is perfect.  All I did was point out a problem with the dub that drove me insane to the point that I had to stop listening to it; I'm sure not everyone will agree with me, but OP is looking for anime to watch, and it might also bother him.

And as I said, the rest of the dub is extremely good.

I recommend the monogatari series if you're into food for thought and thinking.

I recommend Death Parade, Hai to Gensou no Grimgar (Grimgar of fantasy and Ashes), Kyosogiga, Jinrui wa Shimashta(humanity has declined), Fate Zero, Fate Stay Night unlimited Bladeworks, Jormungand, Nagi no Asukara, Hanasaku Iroha, Spice and Wolf, Ore no Seishun wa Romcom wa machigatteiru among others.

From this season Joker Game, netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja nai to Omotta and Kabaneri of the iron fortress are pretty good. 

You might also want to check out Rokka no Yuusha, it's pretty good.

I forgot ToradoraYour Lie in April, Sakurasou Pet no Kanojo, and Ore Monogatari!

Absolute gems! I recommend the last two especially for their comedy and drama.

and if you're into monster girls, Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou is pretty good too.

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

And as I said, the rest of the dub is extremely good.

Unless I'm misinterpreting your writing, you never said anything of the sort.
Maybe you meant to type something but didn't? Or were you intending to imply you agreed with the segment you quoted?

Regardless, it seemed to me like you were saying that one bad voice made the entire dub crap, which is an opinion I've seen all too often from sub purists. 
Apologies if I misunderstood you.

2 hours ago, Hortonman said:

Unless I'm misinterpreting your writing, you never said anything of the sort.
Maybe you meant to type something but didn't? Or were you intending to imply you agreed with the segment you quoted?

Regardless, it seemed to me like you were saying that one bad voice made the entire dub crap, which is an opinion I've seen all too often from sub purists. 
Apologies if I misunderstood you.

The fault is probably mine.  :)

Subtitles usually convey a meaning closer to the literal translation of the Japanese, true.  But dubs can capture the essence of the dialogue by using colloquialisms - something that subtitles rarely do.  That said, 'dubtitles' are garbage.

22 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

thank you guys, checking a few from the listed series here, they are intrensting and fun to watch.

i do have a weird request though, im kind of a fan of childhood friend love stories, anyone know anything good in that line? anything with atleast a decent story and characters.

anyway, ty very much.

Holy crap do you need to watch the first suggestion I gave you then, >>>>> Macross Plus <<<<<
everything you want and more, one of the best damn animations to have ever been drawn.

Pro tip though, don't watch any spoilers "at all" just pop On the movie and brace yourself for one hell of a ride.

(the OVA goes more in detail while the Movie version is a bit more refined and changes some scenes and the ending a bit)
I recommend the Movie if you want a quick watch. also this was actually released by manga back in the day, so it has an official Dub if you want it in english too. :)

Edited by Ahcruna

15 hours ago, Deshiel said:

You can tell that this is a good community by being on page two and still no boku

Boku no Hero Academia ayo.

I'd suggest that if you don't mind your typical shounen.

My friend also suggested a new series called Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress or something like that. It seemed pretty bloody and dark.

If you don't mind manga read Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul RE. If you get what's going on you won't regret it.

8 hours ago, Arcane_Intelligence said:

Waiting for more manga...

Last few chapters haven´t had my waifu in them, makes me so sad...

@BloodKitten I'd recommend Your Lie in April then! Also Try Sakurasou and Nagi No Asukara, Excellent drama and romance anime with stunning visuals (especially nagi no asukara, mmm)

On 5/12/2016 at 6:40 PM, BloodKitten said:

thank you guys, checking a few from the listed series here, they are intrensting and fun to watch.

i do have a weird request though, im kind of a fan of childhood friend love stories, anyone know anything good in that line? anything with atleast a decent story and characters.

anyway, ty very much.

Try Anne Happy

I would also like to point out how almost everyone suggests Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, or Attack on Titan, it's funny.

My personal suggestions are the fate series, Berserk, The Devilman series, Cyborg 009, and Rurouni Kenshin

-Shinsekai Yori

-Higurashi(Umineko if you read either the manga or VN)

- Kemono no Souja Erin

-Hell Girl ~ Really episodic with the plot thrown in a bit, though things get a little more focused on the plot around half-way in. The second and third seasons were inferior to the first, imo, but I still found them both enjoyable. I thought the 2nd was worst season of the bunch though.

-D.Gray-man ~ Pretty great action-battle series with a great mystery thrown in. You can try catching up on it now before the new season airs. There's this list if you'd like to skip some fillers or not: http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/d-gray-man

Not sure how you feel about reverse harem-ish series, but there're two I know of that completely stand out from the rest: Saiunkoku Monogatari and Akatsuki no Yona. Saiunkoku Monogatari is a bit more dialogue heavy with lots of talk of politics in its world, while Akatsuki no Yona is more of an adventure anime with quite a bit of action. So you can choose whichever one you fancy.

-Monogatari Series and Katanagatari. While they're not related world-wise, I'm only recommending both at the same time since the author for both is the same. 

-Spice and Wolf

-Bakuman

-Steins;Gate

-Gin no Saji

-Railgun/Index Series

-Shirobako

-Blood+

-Scryed

-Mai-hime/Otome

-Eureka 7

I'll stop there. For the most part, I tried recommending lots of the more highly praised and well-known series. Hopefully one of them might spark your interest, well, if you haven't seen it anyway. I wanted to mix in a bit more genres but was unsure of what you may actually like

Edited by Nebam
Typo