The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's idea for Oberon's passive is....

Play Oberon

Make you start the mission riding an etheral dragon (press E to jump off)

if Oberon is 30hp it will automaticly summon  7 wyrm that create havoc around him while his dragon revive him

Edited by Tsoe

On 5/13/2016 at 1:47 PM, (PS4)Cwellann said:

passively regenerating hp when outside or near vegetation or some such would be more welcome with the game in its current, rather wildlifeless state.

It doesn't have much in the way of plant-life, either, and even if it was set to "when outdoors", the passive would still be completely dependent upon the map you're playing on, whereas no other Warframe's passive is gated like that.

i don't mind any passive at all on the guy, all i need is just make renewal buff don't stop when your or teammates health is full, it felt really counterintuitive from what the ability supposed to do plus it especially made even more with the augs.

On 14.5.2016 at 5:59 AM, Evanescent said:

A really simple passive would be to not have irradiated enemies attack Oberon. Bam, He got a nice synergy with rad weapons and his skills now make him more protected.

Or have any attack from Oberon have a chance of proccing radiation. 

You could go the paladin+druid way and have him have a chance to turn incoming damage into energy or health, prioritizing whichever is less at the time for a short time. Like he'll give off a small pulse that will spread the effect to allies in a radius. Think  like 4% chance.

I really like the idea irradiated enemies not attacking oberon, it would be like the charismatic paladin turning the enemies against each other and convincing them not to attack him.

But my idea would be to give him a passiv Quick Thinking, based on that he is a paladin/druid and his holy/druidic powers keep him alive til it runs out. Or maybe if thats too strong give him a shield for a few seconds when he would have died so that he can try to heal himself and after that he can only use it again after a cooldown.

2 hours ago, RielZero said:

I really like the idea irradiated enemies not attacking oberon, it would be like the charismatic paladin turning the enemies against each other and convincing them not to attack him.

But my idea would be to give him a passiv Quick Thinking, based on that he is a paladin/druid and his holy/druidic powers keep him alive til it runs out. Or maybe if thats too strong give him a shield for a few seconds when he would have died so that he can try to heal himself and after that he can only use it again after a cooldown.

I think I'd like it better if his passive helped him to not get killed rather than rez him when he does :D

BBut that's a nice passive although I doubt they'd give it to him. With the reckoning augment it becomes irrelevant after all.

On 5/13/2016 at 4:43 PM, (PS4)Oreic-Reynier said:

Total crap. His passive would be only useful on Phobos and Earth really. And the skates and kubrows are already hostile towards your targets. He should get a passive hp regen or somehting besides a animal taming one.

Poll

*edit* added a straw poll

Not DE's idea, Scott's idea. Which Rebecca adamantly disagreed with on the stream. (It's important to remember where these things come from so we don't lob shade at the wrong people.) I agree, though. An interesting idea, but only remotely useful if all tilesets receive neutral wildlife mobs. And even this is a stretch - since wildlife already attacks the enemy, you can have animal allies simply by standing further away from them than the enemy does and/or by not attacking the creatures. It's neat that Scott is hinting at adding more wildlife to the game, but creating a passive ability to play off a system that isn't in place yet is a little like playing Limbo if the Rift Plane didn't exist and won't for another couple of updates.

But more than just usage and availability, the crux of the issue is relevance. Oberon is often under-appreciated due to his "middle way" nature, and to bring him into knightly acclaim he needs a passive that works with the game as it is now, something that'll make him stand out, something that'll make players want to take specifically Oberon to a mission (other than just Radiation Sorties). And thematically, while Oberon may look like a deer (and a tree), he's not really "the animal frame". A more relevant ability would be one to flesh him out as an offense/defense hybrid, a tanky support with volatile crowd control and awesome combat sustain. A paladin, not a druid.

Although I think it's a really neat idea they definitely should consider, I do believe they should add a second passive as well for him to compensate for something more mechanically worthwhile. Hell, even having something as minor as having his 3rd ability being able to extend any teammates and companions bleed-out timer when they're downed is much more useful than the former xD

As a side note, conversely I feel the other way around with Loki's proposed passive. Well...half and half xD   I think he's a definite candidate for something like that, but honestly with how many use Loki, and then looking at Zephyr's playstyle, where her purpose of being able to be airborne and mobile as possible, I think having a prolonged cling to walls would be more appropriate for a frame like her, over to Loki, where there's not even that many vault rooms to capitalize on it (as an offhand example).

I want to argue the Moon tilesets, but even then, most of them have moving lasers involved so its not like you can even cling to a wall longer than 2 seconds.

That and she has talons for crying out-loud lol (if anything, at least prolong her glide so an oxium-made Warframe doesn't drop like a ton of bricks :P). Basically in all I think both Loki and Oberon should get something more interesting than what is proposed currently known.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

On 5/14/2016 at 10:21 AM, Hypernaut1 said:

I think people are caught up in the idea that these passives should be a power increase. I think theyre just fun situational bonuses for the most part,  not meant to be a direct frame upgrade.

If anything, some of these passive ideas should be frame exclusive augs.

Yes but Oberon desperately needs SOMETHING.  He got a buff and a little rework, but it still wasnt enough.  An incredible passive could "fix" him so he doesnt need a rework anymore.  But it would have to be game changing...