The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vacuum as a Mag Passive is the Worst Passive idea in history.

Sold0ut

The problem the op claims exists is not a problem. There is no loot issue. You can either pick up loot like every single game of this genre or close to it, or if you really can't stand that you can choose the convenience of carrier.

The only vacuum problem are the people who are convinced it is a necessity and don't realize it's just a play style choice.

12 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Haha ikr, Chroma's passive is basically "He's Chroma". 

I want him to have built in Patagium; whenever he aim-glides, his wings extend (purely for visual effect) to give him better bullet-jump/aim-glide. The sexy factor alone would make it for me. Bonus points for an extra jump thrown in there.

2 minutes ago, Magneu said:

I want him to have built in Patagium; whenever he aim-glides, his wings extend (purely for visual effect) to give him better bullet-jump/aim-glide. The sexy factor alone would make it for me. Bonus points for an extra jump thrown in there.

This would be fun as heck. Also depending on his element give him elemental bullet jump

Edited by OzoneSlayer

Well... this is just a silly idea but... why can't Mag's passive be something like Zephyr's Turbulence?. Let's say that she has a small aura around her that has a chance to deflect incoming bullets/projectiles, like an inversed Bullet Attractor.

Edited by (XB1)CACU CRC

7 hours ago, Momo93 said:

At least Mag gets something partially useful, Valkyr is stuck with useless knockdown recovery.....

I really hope this is sarcasm because knock down recovery is very useful on a melee frame.

6 hours ago, Esorono said:

Since wildlife already do fight against your enemies anyways, and very few maps actually have wildlife.

Well, first of all, having Wildlife fight for you also stops it from fighting against you - something especially Kubrows and Kavats seem rather keen on. Secondly, it sounded like eventually all maps would get some form of wildlife. Which makes sense, since the solar system would be a sad place if we had managed to exterminate all but four species of animals (Kubrow, Kavat, Desert Skate, Lanx).

9 hours ago, Genitive said:

No one is forced to use a Carrier. People use it for convenience, it is by no means life-saving. Seriously, it's not like the loot lies somewhere in the far corners of the maps, it is usually scattered in the middle, where you would run anyway.

That being said, Mag's passive seems a bit underwhelming, especially when you compare it with Volt's new passive. It would be better if she had a chance to apply magnetic proc with each hit or would regenerate health or energy when magnetic proc is applied to her. Or something.

Mmm, magnetic passive.  Mag becomes immune to the draining effects of the magnetic procs along with a buff while screen is fuzzy. I'd hope for overcharged abilities for that duration.

6 hours ago, Djego27 said:

I really hope this is sarcasm because knock down recovery is very useful on a melee frame.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. Valkyr simply doesn't need it, she can tank knockdowns all day. Almost every frame gets something useful and being knocked down is too situational, if you are good you won't get knocked down in the first place. Oh, and even if you have problems with knockdowns there is a very good exilus mod which makes you almost get up instantly...

I can see it being useful as a passive if it stacks with Handspring and you technically  would become immune to knockdows. But DE probably won't let that.

Edited by Momo93

2 hours ago, Momo93 said:

I can see it being useful as a passive if it stacks with Handspring and you technically  would become immune to knockdows. But DE probably won't let that.

It does stack. Passive + Handspring + Constitution gives 250% Knockdown recovery speed

Oberon's passive is the worst by far. He might as well have nothing.

Why not give Mag 10% extra damage to shields? Or maybe a weaker version of Corrosive Projection but for shields instead of armor?

5 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

It does stack. Passive + Handspring + Constitution gives 250% Knockdown recovery speed

Wait, Valkyr already has the passive? Aw, then there is nothing good to look forward to :(.

I agree. It would make more sense if her bullet jumping increased her magnetism and pulled the weapons out of enemy hands within a certain distance. Or it could slam two enemies together because she magnetizes their armors and attracts them to her but moves too fast, which forces the enemies to collide and be knocked-down.

I never use carrier and I can always just collect all the loots by myself quite easily....this passive is really underwhelming

Why not just make her bullet jump gives instant projectile reflection and instant shield recharge and boosting? Considering Shield Polarize is moving to her 3rd and cost 75 energy, it would be great for her to get out of tough situations as bullet jump is one of the movement for you to avoid incoming damage. It fits to her theme and provides tactical uses.

Why you'd rather choose collecting loots that are just steps besides you?!!??

to me this would be a problem, having a semi permanent carrior. As most mags I know, I run 75% efficiency, making my 2 cost ~ 12 engery, no where near the amount you get from a engery orb. Meaning that if I don't hit 2 twice before bullet jumping ( rare in mag) I would wast 1/2 - 3/4 of the engery I get from orbs, this is the same reason that I don't use carrior that much any more. I only use carrior on someone like speedva, or limbo who's giving engery, so who cares if I take it all.

Is it a problem tho? Is vacuum rly nessasary? It's popular, that's for sure but you have no advantage in using a carrier whatsoever. 

Me, i don't use sentinels at all. They are fast to die when you're cuddling thy enemys a lot and kubrows get free heals from melee, next to beein reviveable. It's comfy to have a carrier when nothing else gives you advantages but that's about it. A comfy feature is definitly no mandatory. 

The bigger problem is that no other sentinel offers something equal... 

*Shade is outclassed by huras kubrows 

*Helios is cool for your codex but that's about it - given that you care about it at all

And who exactly thought that djinn- a aggro generating sentinel, was a good idea?!

You'all need to give carrier some frickin space. He isn't op. Evrything else is just stupid broken. 

And while we're at it...mag is one outa two frames that strongly benefits from the use of blind rage (the other would be necros and his shadows are not nearly a as effective damage source). She needs energy like crazy. ANY WAY FOR HER TO GAIN ENERGY BETTER SHOULD BE DESIRED. The second greedy pull nerf screwed her up pretty bad. And a passive that pulls you loot as you move? What the hell is wrong with that? I'd prefer a unnerf of greedy but meh. Anything is a buff at this point.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

17 hours ago, Momo93 said:

No, it wasn't sarcasm. Valkyr simply doesn't need it, she can tank knockdowns all day. Almost every frame gets something useful and being knocked down is too situational, if you are good you won't get knocked down in the first place. Oh, and even if you have problems with knockdowns there is a very good exilus mod which makes you almost get up instantly...

If you played Valkyr without hysteria(the way it actually was played before the changes) knock downs can very easy kill your frame at high levels and it does happen a lot. It is not "if you are good you will not get knocked down" that is total nonsense given the range of most of the things that can knock down and the amount of it you run into at higher levels. It is about having a weapon and stance that grants momentum what makes your melee frame immune to it 90% of the time, because you can't jump, block, roll or do any kind of evasive action with a melee frame most of the time, since you are simply animation locked into a melee animation.

Handspring was only a option during one update and actually used on the frame, before DE insisted on a power strength mod for the exilus slot that allows a auto parry(what will also resist the knock down).

On 14.5.2016 at 8:40 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

No one is forced to use carrier. Try playing without it...just go on. It won't make a difference. 

Shocking,  I know.

Massive difference.

I feel like a moron always turning around and chasing after mods across the room, and need double the time for half the game modes.

Shocking, I know.

On 5/14/2016 at 7:02 PM, Chipputer said:

It's bad enough that they're wanting to give this sort of a passive to Ember. Let's not give another totally pointless "they absorb something" passive to frames that can barely take a hit on the chin, as it is.

[DE]: "Hey, guys! Let's give a glass cannon Warframe like Ember the ability to regen HP and get a dmg increase for taking hits!"

[Players]: "Ummmm.......isn't that contradictory? I mean, most things lv 30+ can 1-2 shot her anywa---"

[DE] "BRILLIANT!! It's added to Ember, now. No, no, you guys don't need to thank us!"

[Players]: "*sign*........."

[DE]: "OKAY! So which Warframe can we give a Loki-esque ability to......."

Yeah, i was excited to hear all the new passives, but when i heard Mag's i was like 'errr what?'. I mean, i guess it SOUNDS kinda neat, but trying to visualize its function immediately leads me to the image of Mag jumping around the map, just like everyone else, to pick up loot. Doesnt everyone already bulitjump everywhere to get loot? seems kinda useless.

9 hours ago, Sold0ut said:

Massive difference.

I feel like a moron always turning around and chasing after mods across the room, and need double the time for half the game modes.

Shocking, I know.

So that's your problem. Carrier purpose is for farming. So if you wanna farm bring it. There is no reason to bring it outside of farming except laziness. Its garbage in survival since it will waste air supplies regardless of how much its full. Same goes for energy, and all other drops. If it caters to your play style then why not use it?

Electrifying, I know

Edited by OzoneSlayer