Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The problem trusting 3rd party market listing... i can't even report him

DiePainPain

23 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Who knows maybe he want to sell all those mods THEN buy one copy of the same mod. You ask me why not sell only 9 of them and keep one? Well because he CAN.

This made me giggle, thanks.

28 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

isn't its obvious? He's trying to buy @ 155p? unless u really think he wasting credit and plat to trade....

So what? I can go on that site right now and put up a WTB for 5 plat, doesn't mean anyone will sell it to me, but it isn't against the rules.  You are being ... I don't even know a word that accurately describes it.  Nitpicky?  Childish?  Troll?

No one forces anyone to abide by these prices be it buy or sell.  If someone wishes to put WTS ammo drum 5,000 Plat on this site, who are you to stop them.  If it is somehow brushing against the rules of that site then their admins can deal with it.  It has nothing to do with you.

Get over it.

yes yes, probably manipulating the market a bit.

nothing out of the ordinary, have you played Multiplayer games before which have Player Trading?
this is not against the EULA/ToS Contract to any game which has Player Trading.

5 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

So what? I can go on that site right now and put up a WTB for 5 plat, doesn't mean anyone will sell it to me, but it isn't against the rules.  You are being ... I don't even know a word that accurately describes it.  Nitpicky?  Childish?  Troll?

No one forces anyone to abide by these prices be it buy or sell.  If someone wishes to put WTS ammo drum 5,000 Plat on this site, who are you to stop them.  If it is somehow brushing against the rules of that site then their admins can deal with it.  It has nothing to do with you.

Get over it.

Xekrin here isn't wrong.

There is no rule saying you have to conform every WTS or WTB to whatever that day's standard is. I'm free to spend an hour trying to find someone willing to give me Primed Reach for 10 plat if I really want to. Thing is, I'm not going to get one at that price because no one is trying to let one go at that price.

It is a dog eat dog market. The smartest players are finding opportunities to get away with buying lower than normal to sell higher later.

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Get over it.

Wat?! Most people don't abide to the prices, but buyer and seller check those prices. When i get a potential trade, and the other party keep insist that he can get cheaper or better prices when he refer to those fake prices wasted both our time debating. I raise this topic to see if anything can be done, as i can't find any. 

Just now, DiePainPain said:

other party keep insist that he can get cheaper or better prices when he refer to those fake prices wasted both our time debating.

How do you know it's fake price? Did you PM'd him about this? If yes, please attach image evidence.

2 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

Wat?! Most people don't abide to the prices, but buyer and seller check those prices. When i get a potential trade, and the other party keep insist that he can get cheaper or better prices when he refer to those fake prices wasted both our time debating. I raise this topic to see if anything can be done, as i can't find any. 

that's the fault of users which are inept enough to think that a 3rd party website listing numbers is any more credible than Trade Chat or asking random people.

fun fact - it's identically as accurate or inaccurate, whatever the situation may be. it's no different than gauging prices with any other method you could do.

Edited by taiiat

5 minutes ago, DiePainPain said:

When you meet someone trying to haggle you down by insisting that they can  "Get it X amount lower so easy." you tell them to go do that then. There are plenty of people out there who will crumble if you make it clear that you are aware they aren't the only fish in the sea.

It is like this, no matter where the conversation goes YOU are the one with the item. They just have the currency you want. But so does a lot of other guys who might want the item. You will, eventually, sell. So not every person who chats you up has to get his way. You show patience, both in conversation and in the practice of waiting on the market.

You've got your price. You stick to it. Hell, some people are even okay with haggling a bit. But in the end you've gotta walk away with enough plat to get what you want.

If you are smart some random guy trying to trade at a ludicrous price can't possibly effect you.