The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshees New Augment is RJ levels of good but you probably disagree

Gizun

Rant Incoming

TL;DR: banshees new augment is awesome and you should hear out people sometimes before raging.

I cannot believe how SCARED people are of something new and different. so banshee got a new augment called "Resonating Quake" for her ult. look it up but basically it makes her ult grow stronger and bigger every second, making her cover THE WHOLE map on defense and interception missions. yes its op, yes its dumb and yes they will nerf it,but lets at least use it while it lasts! like 9 out of 10 draco groups just see bansh and when I tell them its the new RJ they go "F*ck off you retard" and disband. They don't listen, they don't try and see and THEN leave if they don't like it, they simply go F U. christ people be cool and sometime just see what people have to offer, maybe its good, maybe it's bad and maybe its just funny. 

Don't be douches.

Resonance Sonar has more practical use and is far more efficient in that it does. A single Sonar with its Augment is capable of spreading across maps and is able to cover entire enemies with weakpoints that, in turn, spread to other enemies and covers them as well. It's immensely more powerful in terms of killing power than any Sound Quake and it scales infinitely.

Sound Quake makes enemies do a dance, Sonar makes them into a bulls-eye for massive damage. Sound Quake is dangerous CC and there are many more safer options, Sonar is safe utility that amplifies damage done to a target to amounts that only the absolute extreme depths of Survival can even hope to supply an enemy to survive it. Yeah, I'm a Sonar fan and there's no reason to not bring a Sonar Banshee on a mission that requires mass killings, especially if there's a Nova there (and honestly, Molecular Prime coupled with Sonar is something that's so glorious to watch).

I hardly see anyone else use Nezha or Saryn when it comes Draco in my region. And, yes, I tried Resonating Quake Banshee in Draco and it's hilarious. She can buff her own damage as well through Sonar.

Edited by NabiCho

Well that's because it's a Meta.

Metas do not change overnight nor can you really force one. You can popularise it but that's all you can do. RJ meta didn't just come outta nowhere and became an instant meta for meta users. It waw just something that slowly made its way from Viver all the way to Draco.

I mean, its not terrible but it certainly isnt good either. SQ does low damage and has a high drain, not to mention its blast damage.

At 20x itll do decent damage if you hit sonar spots, that means setting up multiple sonar spots on a single enemy. Its not worth the damage because of the drain at that point though.

oh and RJ's energy usage doesn't require constant ev support? the energy argument is invalid with EV on board.banshee ults for one min than ev, rinse and repeat. 

I understand thats its META but you could just HEAR OUT. Nothing bad will happen except i dunno...30 seconds lost or so.

5 minutes ago, Gizun said:

oh and RJ's energy usage doesn't require constant ev support? the energy argument is invalid with EV on board.banshee ults for one min than ev, rinse and repeat. 

I understand thats its META but you could just HEAR OUT. Nothing bad will happen except i dunno...30 seconds lost or so.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EV master race.

If your argument requires someone else to play a specific build to make it feasible, it's not feasible.

7 minutes ago, Gizun said:

Because RJ doesn't need to ramp up in order to kill things in one cast.

Resonating Quake needs to ramp up and drain energy, and yur limited by how big yur energy pool is because the drain gets heavier by the second. 

8 minutes ago, Gizun said:

If it requires EV then its a bad augment on its own. And like i said, you need sonar on enemies to do any meaningful damage.

Theres too much setup for mediocre results.

Maybe if you weren't so arrogant as to say "It's the new RJ" And stated honestly what you were running they wouldn't disband, I would also assume the person was intellectually challenged if they claimed to be the new RJ; as the old one still works fine.

Edited by T7Alpha

3 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

If it requires EV then its a bad augment on its own. And like i said, you need sonar on enemies to do any meaningful damage.

Theres too much setup for mediocre results.

Outside of Draco, yes, the augment (or the ability itself) is lackluster. But, since the discussion here is to use it in Draco, I don't think having EV is a bad thing. (Most organized Draco runs require EV anyways). Oh, and about Sonar, just slap in Resonance and you're good to go.

I...  I must be naive since all of you guys go to draco without EV and solo that crap right? Sheesh EV is ALWAYS THERE, so can't say it's that much of a major requirement. EV 2 buffers same setup as always , almost same results, WAYYYY less spaming. 

21 minutes ago, Gizun said:

You do know that you don't benefit from EV while SQ is up yes, while RJ can just be spammed while benefiting from EV as well.

3 minutes ago, Gizun said:

I...  I must be naive since all of you guys go to draco without EV and solo that crap right? Sheesh EV is ALWAYS THERE, so can't say it's that much of a major requirement. EV 2 buffers same setup as always , almost same results, WAYYYY less spaming. 

Yes I solo Draco, but not for farming. Now please stop ranting about Draco, because Draco is PROBABLY leaving in U19.

Yes, theoretically EV isn't necessary because...

- Energy plates

- Zenurik

- Limbo

- 4x Energy Siphon w/ Coaction Drift

Edited by p3z1

Easy fix.  Don't go to recruiting chat to get in a Draco group.  Just find it on the map and start a public mission.

People that recruit for Draco are usually close-minded and think only certain group compositions do well.  In the time it took them to find their perfect setup, I finished two short runs or I'm already on round 3 with a solid group of good players who are having fun because they are playing the frame they want to play.  Literally any group of four can succeed in Draco enough to get the affinity they came for, provided that they have a moderate level of proficiency with a primary weapon, secondary weapon, and melee weapon.  I can promise you that most of us queuing up have that.  Granted that there's always going to be the random fail group, but it's not common.

1 minute ago, p3z1 said:

You do know that you don't benefit from EV while SQ is up yes, while RJ can just be spammed while benefiting from EV as well.

That's the downside of SQ. But, look at it this way, your EV Trin doesn't need to spam as much compared to keep up with RJ.

5 minutes ago, NabiCho said:

Outside of Draco, yes, the augment (or the ability itself) is lackluster. But, since the discussion here is to use it in Draco, I don't think having EV is a bad thing. (Most organized Draco runs require EV anyways). Oh, and about Sonar, just slap in Resonance and you're good to go.

Right, well, if we could stop measuring frames based on Draco performance, then that would be great.

2 minutes ago, NabiCho said:

That's the downside of SQ. But, look at it this way, your EV Trin doesn't need to spam as much compared to keep up with RJ.

EV Trinities don't spam in Draco, iunno, because...

50 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

And this is why I don't do Draco.

Also, imma assume EV Trinities there are lazy to check chatbox, so they probably just spam EV whenever they get the chance.

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

Right, well, if we could stop measuring frames based on Draco performance, then that would be great.

Because this is a Draco thread mate.

Edited by p3z1

5 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

Maybe if you weren't so arrogant as to say "It's the new RJ" And stated honestly what you were running they wouldn't disband, I would also assume the person was intellectually challenged if they claimed to be the new RJ; as the old one still works fine.

I see now what triggers people, ok my bad making a meta defying statement like that. Didn't mean to somehow upset with that. Just want people to hear out. Most of the times i did manage to gather a draco (or void defense) group people were pleasantly surprised. 

39 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

Well that's because it's a Meta.

Metas do not change overnight nor can you really force one. You can popularise it but that's all you can do. RJ meta didn't just come outta nowhere and became an instant meta for meta users. It waw just something that slowly made its way from Viver all the way to Draco.

it did come ou of nowhere, for a while we just used 2 mags on viver,, RJ was just one guy trying something new that caught on, that's how metas change people adopt better solutions..

34 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA EV master race.

If your argument requires someone else to play a specific build to make it feasible, it's not feasible.

Every meta Draco setup requires EV trinity to make them work.

Before you get on that high horse, look at the situation you're talking about.