The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor oh Tonkor. not much to say, just numbers.

Geronimo_r

TL;DR This weapon has some issues as for Dmg and lack of panelty, adding self damage (like Penta) would fix it pretty much. (As Secura Penta reaches pretty much the same damage.)

Tonkor.. yee.. so a while back I made a thread containing a screenshot I took of over 2billion damage, it seems to have disappeared, so I decided to make a thread with all screenshots of high damage I got from Tonkor, but it seems that it has been silent nerfed, considering I havent seen these numbers in forever..

First image will be the 2billion (approximately) Crit which reached the maximum number of the game (as it is coded in 32bit the highest number is 2.147.483.647), therefore it had a - infront of the number. Dont ask me why, its code, I dont understand it THAT far. ^^

(Oh, Side note, yes I am aware that quite a few factors changed the damage, but I think it was mainly linked to Volt Shield due to double crit damage for each shield, even though there were just 2 or 3 in most images, and Nova didnt do anything most of the mission, due to it messing with the spawns too much. so basically the damage was just effected by Shields.)

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/TftrJ

The Build back then, mainly Crit focused, as Crit damage seems to scale with enemies. (Dont tell DE, they know,... but they shouldnt change it.)

fToJlW9.jpg

2kkk~ Damage

APvrieh.jpg

And the rest, feel free to look at them! :)

vQeYMut.jpg

RlGXfMq.jpg

6i9ctfC.jpg

qSgebYG.jpg

CzotApd.jpg

DZo9QcW.jpg

Thats all I had from back then. Thanks for viewing the Gallery of F'd up damage, kinda happy they gave it a Silent Nerf (atleast I am pretty sure they did, considering I havent seen those numbers again since them.)

Edited by Geronimo_r
1.Broken Link / Wrong Link at 2kkk Damage Image 2. Added TL;DR with Fix suggestion.

20 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Don't you dare. The Synoid Simulor is my panic weapon for when nothing else is cutting it.

Well.. there is a other way, probably the inteded way. Nova, for slow aswell as damage multiplier, then there are certain other classes (*cough cough* ASH *cough*) that will go until like lvl200 no issue.

and when it comes to reaaaally far endgame.. Ivara and Covert Lethality is the way to go, can 1shot at any lvl ;)

5 minutes ago, Geronimo_r said:

Well.. there is a other way, probably the inteded way. Nova, for slow aswell as damage multiplier, then there are certain other classes (*cough cough* ASH *cough*) that will go until like lvl200 no issue.

and when it comes to reaaaally far endgame.. Ivara and Covert Lethality is the way to go, can 1shot at any lvl ;)

See this is how it always goes. Somebody says I like this way of fighting with my favorite frame and this weapon. Weapon falls out of favor with elites who say its game breaking. Then it's the contrite "use my favorite way to fight, not yours."

Your frame is collecting dust while now being forced to use Ivara or Inaros...well then if those get overused. Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf scrubs, noobs nerf  nerf. Oh, I just use an Banshee with a Lato on a level 3 Sortie and kill everything. What's your problems scrub lords. 

Well that's great. Thanks for ruining Warframe for me.  Not you in particular person I quoted. This isnt really directed at you. But I've heard this just use x if your fun gun is being trashed since the acrid. All they need to do is tone down the sound files for me. Take the Synoid Simulor. It's doesn't have great range and it can be dodgy due to host issues where the energy pellets don't merge. I can out gun it with a soma or even an Hek, thanks to the range or squirrley Ai just running all over the place. 

But the Synoid Simulor is a great defense or Excavation weapon against the infested, epecially for solo play. But the Staticor can be just as CC. If they nerf the Tonkor, then the Synoid...then nerf the sorties, because i'm tired of picking up downed players and getting downed as well with impossible hitscan mechanics aimed at us, while our own community gimps us further and further. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

This weapon and synoid simulor needs radical adjusts , totally abusives

I totally agree.  I use the synoid simulor because it wrecks groups and I don't even need los.  But I do find the weapon cheesy.  I'd be happy if it got a nerf and I actually had to aim at enemies with another weapon lol.

If all explosive weapons had self damage instead of only some, it would help with balancing.

3 hours ago, PastorSsemper said:

i believe it was due to volt shields that was causing the massive crit numbers when volt prime came out. That was hot fix as i was doing lovely damage with my amprex using volt shield. 

2 hours ago, SpryCrow said:

DE please take a look at this seriously.

This is literally the reason why the hate towards Tonkor / all those Tonkor-nerf posts exist.

read quote above yours, notice how its volts shields in every screenshot

Edited by Vesiga

The screenshots don't show up for me for some reason, but if you shot Tonkor through several Volt's shields and got over 2kkk crit, it is actually Volt shield's stacking crit multiplier asking for a nerf.

Edited by SeaUrchins
screenshots are showing up ^^

3 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

See this is how it always goes. Somebody says I like this way of fighting with my favorite frame and this weapon. Weapon falls out of favor with elites who say its game breaking. Then it's the contrite "use my favorite way to fight, not yours."

Your frame is collecting dust while now being forced to use Ivara or Inaros...well then if those get overused. Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf scrubs, noobs nerf  nerf. Oh, I just use an Banshee with a Lato on a level 3 Sortie and kill everything. What's your problems scrub lords. 

Well that's great. Thanks for ruining Warframe for me.  Not you in particular person I quoted. This isnt really directed at you. But I've heard this just use x if your fun gun is being trashed since the acrid. All they need to do is tone down the sound files for me. Take the Synoid Simulor. It's doesn't have great range and it can be dodgy due to host issues where the energy pellets don't merge. I can out gun it with a soma or even an Hek, thanks to the range or squirrley Ai just running all over the place. 

But the Synoid Simulor is a great defense or Excavation weapon against the infested, epecially for solo play. But the Staticor can be just as CC. If they nerf the Tonkor, then the Synoid...then nerf the sorties, because i'm tired of picking up downed players and getting downed as well with impossible hitscan mechanics aimed at us, while our own community gimps us further and further. 

Your crutch play ruins others gameplay. its a circle, that logic.

8 hours ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

hell no. I know it's ridiculous, but how else is anybody going to kill Corpus in Sorties? hard enough with Nullies, Bursas and Sapping Ospreys, now you want to nerf the only gun that gives you a fighting chance against them? and that's assuming Elemental Resistance isn't active, which makes Synoid weapons useless.

we need BUFFS to other weapons, not Nerfs. either that or let's wait until enemies are more balanced, then we can balance weapons.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Look , we need weapons and skills against high lvls mobs, the problem s how easy this is, is riculous how tonkor and symulor kill em all without any penalty , penta s amazing area weapon why we sell few guys using ? Becouse s hard. High destruction need high responsibility , this weapons need same treatment 

7 hours ago, Geronimo_r said:

thats actually not too bad of an idea, considering that stradavar or what ever that piece of junk is called is MR8 this should be at 12 or higher

Problem is that based on a previous devstream it seems that the idea is that if they change the MR lock on a weapon, players that already have the weapon prior to the change they will still be able to use it regardless of their MR.

But it will prevent new players that come in after the change from getting the weapon early on.

10 hours ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

i disagree.  these two weapons are super fun and are fine.

these two weapons should be left as is. 

self damage of other launchers needs to be removed immediately, to conform to torrid, tonkor, SS, sonicor, and lack of FF. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

Look , we need weapons and skills against high lvls mobs, the problem s how easy this is, is riculous how tonkor and symulor kill em all without any penalty , penta s amazing area weapon why we sell few guys using ? Becouse s hard. High destruction need high responsibility , this weapons need same treatment 

if you don't like tonkor, don't play it.

why is it your business what other players enjoy in a PvE game (where no one is shooting you in the face with tonkor)?

Just now, DeadlyPeanutt said:

self damage of other launchers needs to be removed immediately, to conform to torrid, tonkor, SS, sonicor, and lack of FF. 

as Penta / Talons / Kullstar / Angstrum user I disagree. Don't remove self-damage to my explosive weapons >:(

8 minutes ago, DeadlyPeanutt said:

I disagree.   these two weapons are super lame and are toxic.

these two weapons should be destroyed by the nerf nuke.

self damage of other launchers needs to be added to the weapons in question.

1 minute ago, WARLOCKE said:

I disagree.   these two weapons are super lame and are toxic.

these two weapons should be destroyed by the nerf nuke.

self damage of other launchers needs to be added to the weapons in question.

perhaps players such as yourself should have a toggle that prevents you from seeing the weapons you object to...

this might preserve your tender feelings and also preserve other players' right to use weapons they enjoy. 

if you don't like a weapon, you don't have to use it