Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's building requirements are too high [Reply from DE]

(PSN)Arkel-99

56 minutes ago, Lixy said:

How in the world is that agreeable? It's twice what the Grattler costs which is far and away the most expensive Oxium item, and the Grattlers price is justified by the fact that it is the only Archwing gun that doesn't require you to farm the parts to assemble it.

Prime is supposed to be top tier gear, cream of the crop right?

Makes sense it would be expensive.

It's still a massive pain in the &#!, yeah. But it's certainly more agreeable than 14K.

5 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

And a prime is just luxury. It kinda makes sense don't you think?

Sibear has nothing to do with anything prime-related. It kinda doesn't make sense don't you think?

They just started to add bs requirements lately as another way to slow the players down and make them grind even more, even people who already been farming stuff like said oxium.

Yeh, I was like, even though I am not getting Prime acces, I'll farm Vau out fast and easy. I'll take my timewith It even If It takes 5 hours or a bit more. Yeh, sure I got less then 10 nitatin and 2000 oxium :SS We just better go for Fragor Prime, only one C rotation, stats are very good and It only takes 12-24 hours to craft.

Edited by HUNDarkTemplar

5 minutes ago, HUNDarkTemplar said:

Well, compare to the other primes. If this is luxury then all the other prime warframes are just trash. Its okay to need a bit more craftin materials, but the original 14k oxium was just ridicolous. Its easy to farm oxium, yeh sure. Its well enough to farm out the C rotations, the challange in getting a prime warframe was always getting the parts and not the crafting, with vauban, Its both and You only should have 1 big challange and I think 10 hours is well enough for a prime warframe farm, Its prob even much counting that not everyone is mr 21 and there are many primes and even non prime thing which needs to be leveled. Obtaining one item, be it luxury or not shouldnt take so much time even with RNG. I love It better, when I feel I grind quantity in Warframe and not 1 item, while in quality It may not be different. I swear It will be 10 or more hours for me to get the 2 C rotations and I have others things to deal with and well, oxium is gonna take a hour or more too. 7k oxium will be okay, but 14k would have been too much. 

Dude I have 55k Oxium and I am a casual player. Farming oxium is easy

3 minutes ago, Discodeine said:

Stop.

Sometimes, it's okay to admit that people make mistakes. You don't have to defend every single thing this company does.

Agreed.  When you have conflicting interests you are bound to have situations like this.  The player's goal is to have fun. DE is not here solely around to support your goal, enabling your murderous rampage through the galaxy with a highly fashionable warframe all the while amassing an enormous cache of weapons.  They are a business and their primary goal is to stay in business and hopefully make money.  They make very good efforts to keep the delicate balance between the grind and your enjoyment of the game.  If that balance is disturbed it is OK to voice it through feedback.

Next prime access: "This just in, Nekros prime takes 200,000 cryptic, 35 tellurium, 80 nitain, 200 orokin cells, 40,000 oxium, 5 of some new material thats half impossible to get, and a dozen argan crystals per part and there's a 90% chance the part will be destroyed on completion in the foundry" 

Good evening DE,

If it were possible for you to check your server history on forum posts you will see that this is my first ever post on the Warframe forums. As such I would like to take this opportunity to say that I really enjoy your game Warframe. I'm currently MR18 and looking to climb up and I'm over 1400 hours according to Steam since I have been playing since the Beta. A lot has changed which is cool. With that in mind when I saw Vauban Prime's Chassis requirement of 14k oxium I was a bit peeved but gave the benefit of the doubt that perhaps there was a "Day 1" error and the wrong number was put in for the requirement, an extra zero, or something................................the fact that as a company the decision was made to reduce the requirement from 14k to 7k shows that not only was the original requirement intended but that you actually hoped that we would simply roll over and accept that farming that amount of resources was okay. I'm here to tell you it's not and if you looked at the (currently at time of posting) 8 pages of comments of dedicated players screaming the same thing I think you would see that I am not the only one. So if you've read this far I appreciate your time. I am a programmer by trade and have attempted game development in the past so I understand that an enraged player base can be difficult to deal with but this is not something that can really be justified. This is simply a mistake and I think the easiest way for your company to leave this situation with some dignity is to simply fix it.

Sincerely,

A Tenno

Edited by eyesoffaith

2 minutes ago, DominicP343 said:

Intelligent reply. Totally tells me that you even read beyond the first sentence.

I wasn't convinced. I read everything. From DE explaining what the acquisition was going to be like and up to your talking points.

All I see is a gross obsession with calling for entitlement. The solutions are so simple. Grind or buy. Like every other warframe(normal and primed). I would prefer DE to establish that some Warframes become "unicorns" in respect to rarity. Because we need to have a consistent spectrum of value.

7k Oxium is do-able. I'm at 3k myself. I would just need to grind. This game is about grinding for what you want to play with if you are not going to pay for it. It is a loot game. A horde game.

I'm sorry but I see the bigger picture that doesn't fall into the trap of worrying about the new player experience. If the new player wants vauban then they need to get in line because that's just how it is. Grind or buy - its been like this forever.

The most toxic thing here is entitlement.

6 minutes ago, --GOOLOO_GOOLOO_GOOLOO-- said:

Dude I have 55k Oxium and I am a casual player. Farming oxium is easy

A casual player that farms even when he doesn't really need to - not a "casual". Oxium is not one of the resources that you "magically" will have thousands of just by playing the game (like nano spores or alloy plates or even controle modules), even playing it frequently. It's one of the rare resources like neurodes and neural sensors, that drop in more or less high quantities only in certain maps (basically, only 2 nodes) and can't be obtained via extractors unlike those two. And unlike those two, you still need 7 0000. Not 1, not 3, not 5. And not 1000 or 500 for such a rare resource.

14k is not just "unreasonable", it's pure madness. Just like 30k cryotic but cryotic is at least you can farm alone and don't really need to spend on pretty much anything.

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

TL:DR "Oh no, I can't build Vauban Prime immidiatelly! Poor me will have to spend some time grinding the resources. What was that? Half an hour a day for the next week or two? Heresy!"

Get over yourself, people.

Nitian is available for months now: Doing one alert every few days would have been more than enough. It's no secret that a lot if not majority of new items will require Nitain. You have only yourselves to blame for not preparing. That said, even if you haven't prepared, obtaining 20 Nitiain is a matter of ~week, assuming you don't bother to actively grind Nitain from the new Sabotage.

Seriously.

Oxium : Oxium is a rare lighter than air alloy of Orokin origin.

Zephyr needed 600 Oxium elements.

Vauban should be like an Helium balloon. When your liset drop it in a mission, it should fly away instead of landing on the ground.

Such a waste of valuable ressources. Needing many rare of them to finally just be a regular frame with shiny gold parts.

The Orokin were not as smart as I thought.

Edited by matto

7 minutes ago, -----nAGET----- said:

Anyone hear about refunds 7k oxium for ppl who already crafted it?

They usually run a script that refunds all the extra materials you had to spend on something that was changed, but don't hold your breath for it being instant, they will announce when they have the system ready to launch and how long it's going to take to go through all the accounts.

The Oxium requirements fix makes the crafting requirements only marginally better, there's still the issue of 20 @(*()$ nitain.

Sure, those who have been doing Nitain alerts every once in a while may have around 15 or so already saved up, but there are many of us who cannot afford to be online to watch for nitain alerts. Most of the time I only have late nights to play Warframe, if at all. Somehow I think DE completely missed our entire "rebalance the crafting requirements, less resource grind" statement.

I knew the inclusion of nitain would just add another problem upon the growing issue of the dev team putting ARGON, CRYOTIC, OR OXIUM (which I'll admit, is easier to obtain now than it was many updates ago) INTO EVERY NEW WEAPON/WARFRAME/WHAT-HAVE-YOU THAT'S BEEN RELEASED.

We get it, you want certain weapons and items to have a higher value to them, you want them to be targeted at higher leveled veterans instead of newer players. By the way, there's this thing called mastery rank, which you have seemingly neglected for so much. Either way, mastery rank lock or no, this isn't the way to go about doing things.

I think it would be a much better world if Argon crystals and nitain were just removed, and the crafting requirements for any blueprints that requires these were to be redone. This is just pure S#&$.

3 minutes ago, Lijka said:

TL:DR "Oh no, I can't build Vauban Prime immidiatelly! Poor me will have to spend some time grinding the resources. What was that? Half an hour a day for the next week or two? Heresy!"

Get over yourself, people.

Nitian is available for months now: Doing one alert every few days would have been more than enough. It's no secret that a lot if not majority of new items will require Nitain. You have only yourselves to blame for not preparing. That said, even if you haven't prepared, obtaining 20 Nitiain is a matter of ~week, assuming you don't bother to actively grind Nitain from the new Sabotage.

Seriously.

Thank you!