Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best and most consistent sniper rifle

dodorichard

Question

Ok, this should open another hornets nest. Which Sniper Rifle would you have if you could only have one?

Take into consideration ease of use (meaning not having to forma 5 times before it becomes good) and consistency.

Thoughts and builds?

14 answers to this question

id say vectis or vectis prime both are very good one shoters 3-4 shoter on bosses with my builds for them mainly crit mods and dmg mods basicly go full on crit and aim for heads i never miss em unless its a charger im just that used to warframe to hit headshots all the time (edit well almost all the time)

Edited by Comander_Ungarr

12 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

excluding your forma limitations my vote goes to lanka.

To be honest, you wont get far with snipers without a ton of forma

sure, I can understand that, lets say with the LEAST amount of forma.

1 minute ago, Comander_Ungarr said:

id say vectis or vectis prime both are very good one shoters 3-4 shoter on bosses with my builds for them mainly crit mods and dmg mods basicly go full on crit and aim for heads i never miss em unless its a charger im just that used to warframe to hit headshots all the time (edit well almost all the time)

depleted reload maxed out on the vectis prime with charged chamber makes it reload super fast and do bonus 40% dmg on every hit. super worth. 

Objectively i suggest Lanka, simply because it's the only sniper that can reach close  to 100% crit without argon scope and has innate punch through. 

Personally, i'd go with Vectis or its Prime, it's not perfect, but It's much more suited for Warframe's fast paced combat. It's hitscan, has no charge, and practically has no magazine or reload to be concerned.

Lanka is the only consistent Sniper Rifle.

and issues that were introduced to Sniper Rifles since they were given Optics haven't been addressed yet, where the Ray Trace Sniper Rifles have a tendency to randomly shoot one or both projectiles totally off mark (ridiculously off mark) for no reason at all. even if you've had the Optic up for a while just sitting there.
which is very annoying since making Vectis Prime into an N7 Valiant makes it one of my favorite Sniper Rifles, between it and Lanka.

51 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

depleted reload maxed out on the vectis prime with charged chamber makes it reload super fast and do bonus 40% dmg on every hit. super worth. 

And also has 6 mod slots unlike other weapons...

Of all the sniper rifles I have tried (and that's all the regular ones except the Lanka), the only one that was viable from beginning to end was the Rubico.  What I mean is from rank 1 to max rank.  It was the only one that would allow me to get 4 continuous kill shots before I had to reload.  The only reason I'm not using it now as my main rifle is because the Dex Sybaris is so damn good.  Yeah, I know I sound like Quiette Shy with that last statement.  :D