Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

18 minutes ago, Dekallis said:

Volt is not about power strength duration and range are his key stats. 20 seconds of stun off his ulti draining health with a dot and zapping things is really really nice. I didn't test level 100's but a long duration ulti will kill level 50 enemies.

That's not true as strength affects all abilities except for the shield  

5 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

That's not true as strength affects all abilities except for the shield  

But unfortunately the most efficient way to build Volt at his current stage and getting the most of his skill set is through Duration and Range.

Did a bit more testing. I like it but still, remove the limits of shields placement and allow Volt to Discharge mid-air again. To me, they should:

• increase the visual effect of his shields. I can barely see it and should be more curve like before.
  • Have a option of the camera extended before the rework. I like to see my surrounding better and tweak his drop speed thing. Anyone within speed radius is affected but can back flip to cancel it. He still drop the speed buff for anyone who accidental cancel it.
  • Put back the visual effect of Overload. I like to see my the waves expand around the map and to see how far it is.

By the way, did anyone have a little bug when using his 4th, not all enemies are tesla? The hyenas sometime are not affected.

8 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

And you're telling me that the change in teamplay interaction served a purpose? Was there any goddarn reason to force the team to your location? Would you consider this a good idea as volt got a melee playstyle as well? Why the hell would you force your squad in the line of fire?!

Whether the reason being big or small, everything has a purpose for happening. Though I'm not saying that justifies it's existence, just that there was reason. There always is.

It was a complaint from some players saying that they didn't like having the buff forced upon them, as they were not use to going from 0 to 100 with speed. Sometimes not everyone wants the buff (strangely enough (go fast or go home!)), so this change was made to resolve that complaint.

This change sorta acts like a double edged sword, sense now it's more friendly with negative range builds not requiring the squad to be in hugging range of the Volt to get the buff and instead can get it when they see it. It also gives a chance for anyone who would have been outside the original range of speed to still grab the boost. But as everyone knows, the cost of this change is that it isn't instantaneous for the whole team now.

Am I saying that I agree with the change? No, this change could have been dealt with better, in all honesty, so I'm not all for it.

Edited by Spot.

Just a quick feedback here concerning Volt

• Shield: Great
  • Speed: not so great. Why? The hasten coil pick-up is a good idea but it's impractical. It's very hard to plant that people actually can pick it up easily. This game is very fast paced. I think it should revert to old speed behavior with the hasten coil as an addition.
  • Ultimate: Great

Volt's Speed could use something of the following (ideally all of it, but even 1 change would be kind a nice):

1) Some sort of re-castability where its possible for old speed buff for players who havent refreshed it to still last on them, while new speed buff refreshes the old one.

2) Removal of this "Convergence treatment" and switching it to anything else really, be it opt-out in form of Settings in Options or a Back-roll disables Speed or prevents it from affecting u for 1-2-3-4-5 minutes or a wall latch, anything really. The visibility of this "Worms" or "Poop" that Volt leaves behind is quite low and it requires backtracking and Volt is a frame TO GO FAST. 

A smallish reload bonus would be appreciated as well, even with max power strenght the bonus reload speed is still kind a meh :/ 

soo.... here's the thing. Great visual update, great shield update and synergy with shock, and nice touch adding better reload on speed. Now that we got the good part out, here's what's bugging me:

Discharge and how i consider it worse than overload: overload was an ability i could cast either in ground or air, i could recast it any number of times is quick succession and each time it provided me with guaranteed 4 secs of cc. i was fine with whatever dmg it provided since i used it as panic button most of the time and i cared only for the CC. Along comes discharge, however, an ability i can only cast on the ground, and has a "cooldown", as i cannot cast it again for whatever duration it has. CC duration varies and most of the time doesn't even last until the end of the ability. to top it off, it has a dmg dealt cap, which overload never had.

Its a fun gimmick for sure, but in actual usability... you might as well not have touched it at all.

and one more thing. Why u no give Volt more base speed????? why?????

ok that's all. thank you for reading.

29 minutes ago, Lone.Hunter.99 said:

and one more thing. Why u no give Volt more base speed????? why?????

This by far 

44 minutes ago, b0_on said:

A smallish reload bonus would be appreciated as well, even with max power strenght the bonus reload speed is still kind a meh :/ 

It's hardly noticeable

I should say, that I like a lot the new shield design, realy clean and easy to aim, the final is good too, majestic, scale well and nice CC. But ... but his speed buff now feel a bit odd, it doesn't activate immediately after the pressure of the key and I the way to take the speed's buff is strange too, what did I expected?

Well, I expected something a bit like a mario kart's speed carpet, Volt drops a "carpet" like the one of oberon's (without doing his animation) which passing on it gives you the speed buff. I would add even another buff, for the duration of 2 sec. after passing on the carpet, you get +300% bullet jump and +300% electric dmg on bullet jump just too fell more like a booster.

I know, asking for another work on Volt is a bit selfish, but I think that it would be realy enjoyable. After all, warframe miss the "Fun factor".

41 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Wow DE has literally lost it. This rework is nothing more than a nerf. Why nerf a weak frame?

It seems they are struggling, but I hope our feedback is being heard. I do agree that that were many things that had to be buffed, since Volt was near the junk Frames, but considering their rework and how I believe they see Volt from now on it saddens me to say I believe it's time to pick another Frame to play. You can do Draco with him just fine. But end game is another story. To me, the rework was mainly to get people who were in a Volt cell have a way to opt out of Speed, which in my understanding is hardly a rework. They were already working on it, why not change the 4th a bit?!

12 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

it certainly is not and judging by your nick you probably haven't even played him yet...

Sir, I play Volt trying to get by on end game. To be honest, I won't even try. It's beyond salvation. I believe playing him on Draco and wreaking havoc is making you believe the Frame is actually good.

Nevertheless, as a Melee Volt I can assure you, none of the issues that we face when playing the end game content were addressed.

I like the changes except for speed. 

I did several runs with volt in my team and it was really frustrating that he zaps away while I crawl after him as "£$%(enter any name of slow warframe) because I dont know where he cast his speed. Would be better if I could cancel it if i dont want it(why I would not want it in the first place) rather than search for boost.

1 hour ago, Toramaru said:

It seems they are struggling, but I hope our feedback is being heard. I do agree that that were many things that had to be buffed, since Volt was near the junk Frames, but considering their rework and how I believe they see Volt from now on it saddens me to say I believe it's time to pick another Frame to play. You can do Draco with him just fine. But end game is another story. To me, the rework was mainly to get people who were in a Volt cell have a way to opt out of Speed, which in my understanding is hardly a rework. They were already working on it, why not change the 4th a bit?!

We've been civil and haven't complained...much. Someone has to be looking at all the posts and say "Huh? wow that's something that has to change!" In a sentence, 

What we need is a longer/stronger base for all abilities, a shield with less draw back and more buffs, less nerfs 

Edited by Wolfnrun

32 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

We've been civil and haven't complained...much. Someone has to be looking at all the posts and say "Huh? wow that's something that has to change!" In a sentence, 

What we need is a longer/stronger base for all abilities, a shield with less draw back and more buffs, less nerfs 

Well said sir, let's just not hope they read Kubrow synergy on the buff dept.

33 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

What we need is a longer base duration/strength for all abilities, a shield with less draw back and more buffs, less nerfs 

and mod scaling that isn't so painful. i mean seriously, alot of players have access to him and most of them don't have the proper mods to go into end game with volt. they may end up having to negelct volt because of this pain (cue stalker meme).

Just now, Aquasurge said:

and mod scaling that isn't so painful. i mean seriously, alot of players have access to him and most of them don't have the proper mods to go into end game with volt. they may end up having to negelct volt because of this pain (cue stalker meme).

I just...I can't even...This is a mess...