Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

Whatever. Let's throw her rotting corpse in a garbage can and forget about her. While prism consumed less energy than some of the other cc abilities, it had 2x times longer animation than radial blind even with natural talent and without natural talent it's like 4x longer. Now that it can't blind enemies even in 2 meters in front of her if they're hiding somewhere and needs like 3 seconds of animation, I won't bother with it even on Mercury. Excal wil be doing a better job at blinding at this point if anyone will need blinding (and newsflash, people won't need it anymore, not like this).

I don't understand this at all.  

In my opinion, DE has created something else on the level of the pre-rework Volt.  The one gimmick that Mirage had to bring it into endgame content was its massive blinding capabilities.  Now, all it has is: 

Hall of Mirrors) Enemy accuracy reduction where they aim a meter or two away from you, sometimes hitting you regardless (AOE and explosives still kill Mirage almost instantly anyways, and endgame level AOE or explosives? Forget it, go home Mirage, you're dead) and weapon damage increase (which is useless in the endgame as there exist few weapons if any that can one-shot large crowds of level 100+ enemies even with the Mirage multishot bonus which has still been reduced from 5x to 3x anyways with the damage buff not even coming close to compensating for the lack of effect that the extra two sets of volleys of bullets used to have (in terms of elemental or weapon specific effects like the Sonicor).  The augment of this ability barely helps, with a cap of a 50% damage increase, and takes up an otherwise useful mod slot that should not have to be wasted on this mod for anywhere near decent damage.  

Sleight of Hand)  What even?  Why would this ability even get a damage buff?  It faces the same problem as Volt's Overload faced pre-rework: a lack of objects that can explode.  The augment barely assists in this issue, and takes up an otherwise useful mod slot to even make this ability do something to begin with, with a lackluster 250 damage in the explosion of each pickup, which is useless endgame anyways, since enemies don't die fast enough to make this useful.  Instead of slapping a damage increase band-aid on this in order to keep this prankster ability in the trickster's ability set as an excuse to keep it as a gimmick, why not come up with an actually useful ability that follows the same theme?  

Eclipse)  Now, this ability, with its amazing damage increase and damage receive reduction potential, is without a doubt the best in Mirage's kit.  The problem is that it is too inconsistent.  Now, given that this ability can make Mirage into the single-handed slaughterer or unbeatable tank, I would imagine that its inconsistency is the only thing keeping it in existence (case in point being Ember's Overheat).  However, no player wants to take 5-10 days to explore every meter of every tileset to find out where every patch of light and darkness is in every room in existence, and as such is stuck in a guessing game as to whether or not they will be able to take a hit or dish one out, and generally will guess wrong and die on a fairly often basis.  Now, someone at DE HQ acknowledges this problem, as the augment Total Eclipse spreads the buff of Eclipse to teammates within 5 meters of Mirage, which promotes standstill usage of Mirage, which takes the guessing game out of the equation, which makes Mirage a nice buffer for radial damage abilities, but not as one to increase how tanky teammates are, as tanks are generally supposed to keep on the move, as it is impossible to tank in Warframe against high level enemies to begin with (unless using Wukong), making the augment only useful in the light.  I like this ability, but I'll propose my ideal changes to Mirage after I finish explaining why I think DE took Mirage down a few tiers (tears :'( ) on the totem pole.  

Prism)  This ability in and of itself is a good ability.  However, with its massively underwhelming damage, specifically radiation damage (which is good only on the occasional Grineer unit), this ability, even with the damage buff, is useless in endgame scenarios.  In addition, the blinding capabilities have been made essentially useless here, as Excalibur does the same thing, but better, as shown by user OzoneSlayer in: 

On 5/27/2016 at 7:13 PM, OzoneSlayer said:

Prism

62.5m blind

50 energy

No finishers

LoS

Extremely Long Animation that interrupts you

Radial Blind

62.5m Blind

50 energy

Finishers

LoS

Extremely short animation that doesn't interrupt you

Speaking in terms of efficiency, Mirage is now useless for blinding, as there is a frame that can do the same thing, but better.  

As stated previously, Mirage's only endgame viability in organised squads was as a Blinding Mirage, which is now less effective than a Blinding Excalibur, which is why I find it strange that DE would remove a Warframe's endgame capabilities without at least offering something else to make it endgame viable in organised squads.  This is what is referred to as a nerf bomb (similar to a nerf nuke, but it did not remove the Warframe from team play entirely, such as what happened to Hydroid).  

To fix this, I would propose that Mirage's 1st ability be almost identical to Equinox's 1st ability, with a light and darkness mode.  The 2nd ability would be Hall of Mirrors, except all 5 Mirages would be able to shoot, instead of 3 with an irrelevant damage buff.  This would also tie into the 3rd ability, Eclipse, in that in light mode, the other Mirages would be darkened, but still do the same damage as normal, so that the enemies only would have reduced accuracy at close range by noticing the shadow Mirage clones (the regular Mirage would still have a damage increase from Eclipse).  In darkness form, Mirage would be darkened but the other Mirage clones would be brightened, enhancing their damage, with Mirage still receiving the damage reduction of Eclipse, but more enemies will notice Mirage due to her bright clones and she will be under fire more often.  The 3rd ability, Eclipse, would have the damage reduction or damage increase function depending on night or day mode, but with a twist:  unless Hall of Mirrors is active at the same time, providing a drawback to using the Eclipse/Hall of Mirrors combination, then Eclipse will be only half as effective.  So, instead of a 95% damage reduction capped that Mirage can achieve, without Hall of Mirrors engaged which provides the drawback of drawing enemy fire, Mirage only receives a 50% capped damage reduction.  This promotes the combined usage of both abilities and and provides an incentive to use the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ability in conjunction.  This provides endgame synergy to make a squishy Warframe into one capable of decently handling endgame scenarios (i.e. in swapping between being a glass cannon and a hidden mobile fortress).  

Now, for the 4th ability.  This one, I think should have its function entirely changed, as DE seems to want to make Excalibur the better blinder, so instead of making Mirage have to compete with that, Mirage should have an entirely different function.  First off, the ridiculous casting time needs to be shortened.  If I have to explain this, then that most likely means that the person arguing with me over this knows nothing of Mirage or how to use her 4th ability.  I use Mirage with Speed Drift and Natural Talent, and get slaughtered all the time when casting the 4th ability.  It's not a matter of "all you need to do is use Natural Talent yada yada yada"  which is a common sentiment I've seen many times on this thread so far.  There's a delay that is unaffected by casting speed mods after the casting animation of Prism has gone by, which is what gets Mirage killed.  I propose that, in addition to removing that delay, we also remove the blinding capabilities of Prism, since they are now nothing more than a gimmick.  Instead, I would propose that Prism should share a percentage that scales with ability level and power strength of Mirage of the effects of Eclipse to all allies in LoS of the Prism, as well as have a substantial damage buff instead of the ineffectual one that we received a day ago, in addition to giving enemies either puncture and fire procs [damage] during the light form, and confusion (similar to that of Naramon focus) procs and reduced visibility in darkness form.  Also, the fact that Prism does radiation damage should be reconsidered to being a more universally useful damage type, such as corrosive or viral damage.  

So, all in all, what do you all think of this?  I'd like to hear some sort of feedback to this (and please don't just say "HEY, THAT'S EQUINOX'S GIMMICK"), whether it be criticism or not, so please make it constructive.  Thank you, and have a nice morning/day/evening (whenever this message may find you).  

-Shootaman777, a long time player/follower of this game.  (Long enough to remember Ember's Overheat and Rhino's duration based invulnerability)

That's the link to the thread.  Please help out with feedback, I'd like to have something to present and be able to argue is a good idea for the direction for Mirage to head in in the future for when DE reviews all the replies to its post eventually, if it has not done so already, or if ever at all that happens (trying to be hopeful about that).  

Edited by shootaman777
I've created a thread to refine this rework idea with the help of the community, and just wanted to put a link to it here. Also, I have augment ideas in the post on that thread, as well as the rework ideas.

20 hours ago, JDNoey said:

I Fully agree with the Blind nerf, its was realy boring when i once did T4 interception staying on A and nearly doing nothing...

This nerf makes raid missions slightly, but really just slightly more dificult, and mirage has to recast prism more often to hit the enemies who where in cover seconds ago and uneffected by it.

But guys, there is natural talent for casting speed, and streamline for energy cost, sooo in overall i would say its fine the way it is..

You ...  forgot that nightmare raids even exist and that blessing was annihilated as well. I saw once that blind already couldn't save Mirage in nightmare in a split second when bless ran out and napalm spawned from the closed hangars' door behind her basically one-hit killing mirage, and saying gg to the raid since at this exact moment she was on the pad and the core was on the electrified part of the rail. Fcn shade didn't help because it takes forever for it to even notice that there's an enemy near you. It literally took one second to fail the whole raid even with the blessing, even with the shade and having quick thinking on the frame. And there was no human factor because you can't possibly do anything to a napalm that hides behind the null's field , you can't move from the button, can't do sht at this point just die and fail.

12 minutes ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

You ...  forgot that nightmare raids even exist and that blessing was annihilated as well. I saw once that blind already couldn't save Mirage in nightmare in a split second when bless ran out and napalm spawned from the closed hangars' door behind her basically one-hit killing mirage, and saying gg to the raid since at this exact moment she was on the pad and the core was on the electrified part of the rail. Fcn shade didn't help because it takes forever for it to even notice that there's an enemy near you. It literally took one second to fail the whole raid even with the blessing, even with the shade and having quick thinking on the frame. And there was no human factor because you can't possibly do anything to a napalm that hides behind the null's field , you can't move from the button, can't do sht at this point just die and fail.

Yeah people seem to forget about end game content. This nerf was only beneficial to those who only play normal gameplay, and don't do sorties or raids. I'm a daily raider and I haven't bothered doing a raid since the nerf because something tells me I know exactly how it would turn out, and I play this game to have fun, not to rage at several raid failures because all of our necessary tools needed to do the raids in the first place are being gimped into the dirty. Salty? You know I am mate.

Just now, DuskLegendary said:

Yeah people seem to forget about end game content. This nerf was only beneficial to those who only play normal gameplay, and don't do sorties or raids. I'm a daily raider and I haven't bothered doing a raid since the nerf because something tells me I know exactly how it would turn out, and I play this game to have fun, not to rage at several raid failures because all of our necessary tools needed to do the raids in the first place are being gimped into the dirty. Salty? You know I am mate.

I managed to complete exactly one LoR since then. And in this squad, there was no Mirage. There were 2 another hard CC frames tha were able to CC the "whole room with their filthy casuls' tactics", without needing to look at enemies to be able to stun them. And even then it worked only because there were 2 of them and they already tested it.

But. I noticed that now, either only low level players host LoR (because they never had mirages/bless and so anyway so it makes no difference for them maybe?) or hosts don't know what they even need and this leads to 90% of public raids being failed, players ragequiting and throwing insults at one another arguing whose fault it was each time something goes wrong.

Pure. cancer.

Expected nerf. But I would like to point smt out.

Lets think why people started to Abuse this.

1)Sortie Interception: I solo and enemies are tough. They 1-shot me so I need Big reliable long CC and if it prevent them from capturing even better.

2)I need to farm  x prime in T4 int. Man, I am tired of all ahrd work and effort I put repeatedly to get that drop i need. How could I abuse it?

3)I need to keep enemies away from me/team/target and let time go to reach my goal

Lets be honest here, Mirage was out for a VERY VERY LONG time and nobody was abusing this until recently. Conclusion though this is OP it was abused for a reason not because of being op. It was not fun to play as Mirage or being with Mirage in those missions but solo players, or players who are tired of putting effort and not getting needed item were pushed to start using this strategy.

Problem of Mirage is way deeper than op blind from prison.

4 minutes ago, Zarlockk said:

Expected nerf. But I would like to point smt out.

Lets think why people started to Abuse this.

1)Sortie Interception: I solo and enemies are tough. They 1-shot me so I need Big reliable long CC and if it prevent them from capturing even better.

2)I need to farm  x prime in T4 int. Man, I am tired of all ahrd work and effort I put repeatedly to get that drop i need. How could I abuse it?

3)I need to keep enemies away from me/team/target and let time go to reach my goal

Lets be honest here, Mirage was out for a VERY VERY LONG time and nobody was abusing this until recently. Conclusion though this is OP it was abused for a reason not because of being op. It was not fun to play as Mirage or being with Mirage in those missions but solo players, or players who are tired of putting effort and not getting needed item were pushed to start using this strategy.

Problem of Mirage is way deeper than op blind from prison.

Obviously, you're right.  However, the way that DE goes about swinging around the nerf hammer, is that they do not do so until using whatever 'overpowered' thing becomes overused.  Many people such as yourself have known about this for a long time, and may or may not have been quietly using it in the shadows.  If you find something that works, that is always the way to go about using it in this game (keeping it to yourself and friends and not inviting others in on your squads), as all it takes is a bunch of people complaining on the forums about your good thing and BAM!, your good thing is gone.  The problem with this general idea emerges when large, organised squads appear: hence, raids.  For the hardest mission in the game, people have to pull out all the stops and pull the 'overpowered' things out from behind the shadows, exposing them for all to see.  Now, when a newer player with no discretion sees this, they think it's a good idea to go use it all the time on everything, and spam in recruit chat things like "H ___ LF BLIND MIRAGE", which raises attention to it.  There are a number of ways to solve problems like this, one such way being by nerfing the ability, which is DE's preferred method of dealing with such 'issues'.  

This is why I think Nyx is next on the nerf list.  I hope that I'm wrong.  

The way it's going so far is that, for argument's sake, let's say there is a list of best strategies in order from best to worst.  As each gets more popular and 'trivializes' content, it will be nerfed, and the next thing will be 'abused'.  This cycle will repeat itself.  So, 'enjoy what you can, while you can, before it's your favorite thing's turn to have the nerf hammer swung in its direction', is the message I would say to spread.  

That is, of course, unless instead of swinging the nerf hammer, ways to counter the strategy more effectively are introduced, but then that also leads to the same thing happening with the next best thing that beats the countermeasure in the same way that the previous paragraph laid it out.  Essentially, enjoy what you have while it's there.  

with one patch they turned mirage from something really cool and unique to a worse excalibur in need of a rework, and conveniently at the same time managed to make LOR and high tier interceptions the most annoying and stupid things in the game, well done

2 hours ago, watusaytomepnk said:

with one patch they turned mirage from something really cool and unique to a worse excalibur in need of a rework, and conveniently at the same time managed to make LOR and high tier interceptions the most annoying and stupid things in the game, well done

Well, Mirage is not necessarily in need of a rework, as much as I would love to see one along the lines of the one I described previously on this thread.  I definitely agree with you that the blinding gimmick was nice while it lasted, but was inevitably going to be nerfed, since even though it was almost necessary in raids and such, people had the brilliant idea to use it in very other mission and make the public opinion (which is largely composed of people who don't realize how helpful and almost necessary things such as Mirage's blinding really was in endgame content).  It's still a usable Warframe, but has little usefulness in a squad unless using its Total Eclipse augment for Eclipse at full power strength on a nuking frame in the light in an affinity farm.  Mirage is still many steps below Hydroid on the totem pole of frames that need a rework, since Mirage actually has a kit that is useful for soloing mid to end-game content, whereas Hydroid has to depend on the focus passives of Naramon or Zenurik for a chance at survival from anything mid-game and above, apart from its one gimmick as a loot monkey (with Pilfering Swarm) along with a Nekros.  

On the part where you mentioned LOR and high tier interceptions being harder due to this, you're absolutely correct.  And these things were already the most annoying and stupid things in the game even with Mirage's blind.  

For interceptions, this is just due to the annoyingly long time that each wave takes even when you have all four points captured, but at least Mirage made it possible to ignore the endgame level enemies bombarding you in the meantime and at least be able to do something enjoyable, such as watching a movie, while you were stuck doing high tier interceptions for the gear you wanted.  Many people would call that 'trivializing' the game's content, whereas after the 30th time you do that interception to wave 20 because RNG is not kind to you in the grind of Grindframe (or Warfarm, take your pick), I would call it 'a nice way to kick back and relax and get a break from the same old crap'.  This is especially the case in the context of ducat farming in Tower IV Interception while not wasting your keys by only going 4 waves per key.  

For Law of Retribution raids, unless paired with a Blessing Trinity (which no longer exists in any reasonable capacity), anything can kill you nearly instantly and dance and sing and laugh around your corpse.  What Mirage did in this context was unimaginably important, as it blinded anything in 62.5 meters, no questions asked, unlike Excalibur, who is Line of Sight only with the blinding.  What the removal of this does is to demand perfection of players in their Crowd Controlling with other Warframes, from which a single mistake can result in half of a squad downing, and the other half which may not be particularly geared towards surviving endgame content having to pick up the pieces.  

Essentially, in the context of endgame content, DE raised the difficulty by an immeasurably large amount (I am only talking about the Mirage nerf, not any of the others), and I take this to be DE's version of issuing a challenge to players, or flipping them off.  It's got to be one or the other, and I sure hope that it's an issued challenge, as a hostile relationship between the developers of a game and its players is never a good sign.  

So, to summarize, I completely agree with you, in the context of what you were referring to.  ^_^ 

6 hours ago, b0_on said:

buff casting time of prism, Rework Sleight of Hand since its essentially an even more worthless skill that Volt's Overload was.

I'd say that buffing the cast time and removing the post-cast delay would be a start, but reworking Sleight of Hand, unless its function is entirely changed, would not get rid of the problem, and in that case, it would not be Sleight of Hand anyways, so DE may as well just scrap Sleight of Hand to begin with.  

Here's my issue with the Prism nerf; enemies aren't always looking at the prism. The nerf totally destroys her usefulness in LoR NM.

the cast time of prism is so slow that you will die before you can even CC anything especially with this nerf.

The problem is a lot of the time enemies are behind cover and/or they're not even looking in your general direction,

Now that it can't blind enemies even in 2 meters in front of her if they're hiding somewhere and needs like 3 seconds of animation,

Prism

62.5m blind

50 energy

No finishers

LoS

Extremely Long Animation that interrupts you

Radial Blind

62.5m Blind

50 energy

Finishers

LoS

Extremely short animation that doesn't interrupt you

Now it's totally not even worth to build blind mirage build because you will die during casting the prism...

Excal is now better in CC than Mirage  (tested) with his 2 skill way more cheaper than 4 (ULTIMATE MIRAGE SKILL!!! ULTIMATE!!!) It's doesn't make any sense for me in current state... but I recommend Rhino stomp... my best CC after Excal... but I will try Slow Nova and Vauban too... before they will nerf it of course.. 

Now Excal deserve another nerf to his 2 ability or blind on Mirage should be reworked completely GUT JOB DE 

I'm builded my Mirage for DPS build right now but I heard something that It will be nerfed too along the way in the next patch... I swear to god I will leave this game if this happen... because after this you could just remove her from the game completely ffs 

Mirage it's my Favourite Warframe because of her character and  appearance but if you guys made her completely weak and worthless in terms of dealing damage just as you do with her CC ability... I will be crying for the rest of my life

Edited by stillshady96
my broken english

2 minutes ago, stillshady96 said:

Now it's totally not even worth to build blind mirage build because you will die during casting the prism...

Excal is now better in CC than Mirage  (tested) with his 2 skill way more cheaper than 4 (ULTIMATE MIRAGE SKILL!!! ULTIMATE!!!) It's doesn't make any sense for me in current state... but I recommend Rhino stomp... my best CC after Excal... but I will try Slow Nova and Vauban too... before they will nerf it of course.. 

Now Excal deserve another nerf to his 2 ability or blind on Mirage should be reworked completely GUT JOB DE 

I'm builded my Mirage for DPS build right now but I heard something that It will be nerfed too along the way in the next patch... I swear to god I will leave this game if this happened... because after this you could just remove her from the game completely ffs 

Mirage it's my Favourite Warframe because of her character and  appearance but if you guys made her completely weak and worthless in terms of dealing damage just as you do with her CC ability... I will be crying for the rest of my life

Well, that's a summary of the problems, with the indication of future ones, but no solutions.  What do you think should be done to fix these problems, other than by reinstating blind Mirage's radial non-LoS?  

2 minutes ago, shootaman777 said:

Well, that's a summary of the problems, with the indication of future ones, but no solutions.  What do you think should be done to fix these problems, other than by reinstating blind Mirage's radial non-LoS?  

I couldn't even blind a enemy in my melee range on yesterday sortie... so that's "LOS" thing is a bit bullS#&$... LOS of my Mirage of LOS of Prism? That doesn't really matter... I blinded the half of the room (the prism was flying for something like 5-7 seconds) and the rays hit a lot of the enemies if not all of them and the grineer in front of me just executes me... 

This "LOS" should be more accurate in terms of "AIMING" I swear to god I was just looking at the grineer who's running on my face just in front and I'm starting to cast my prism.. (I'm suceed tho... praise the void for this!) And I was staring at him... just like he's staring at me... the prism just damage him a bit for something like 178 DMG and nothing... I was staring at other grineers (from the ground of course) to find out they actually blinded with exception of few who stoods VERY CLOSE to me.. 

I suggest that Mirage blind should work for everything that she saw before releasing the prism instead of blinding all the map and mobs she can't see behind the walls with of course reasonable base range something that will just work in terms of her survivalibity when using a build which focus on blinding enemies... with reduced casting animation time, and increased mana drain to prevent mindless spam

because the only problem with this LOS it's that she completely defenseless ironically against the enemies who stoods in her melee range... again... LOS - Line of sight - Mirage or prism's? ironically neither Mirage nor Prism in current state 

Blind should work everywhere where the Mirage will be... not behind the walls neither so far from her but it should gave her a chance to defense with this skill... because it's nonsense to blind 90% of mobs near you (in current state) and get killed by the last one which ironically facing you... 

Maybe change it to instant skill just like the Excalibur one... but well... 

I'm mindless right now... I will rip to pieces if the rumours of another nerf... yes... NERF... will applied to Mirage.

okay.. this rework was a bit invasive for me because I believe it's don't work as intended.. DE should focus around "LOS" in Mirage Prism that's all... 

1 hour ago, stillshady96 said:

I couldn't even blind a enemy in my melee range on yesterday sortie... so that's "LOS" thing is a bit bullS#&$... LOS of my Mirage of LOS of Prism? That doesn't really matter... I blinded the half of the room (the prism was flying for something like 5-7 seconds) and the rays hit a lot of the enemies if not all of them and the grineer in front of me just executes me... 

This "LOS" should be more accurate in terms of "AIMING" I swear to god I was just looking at the grineer who's running on my face just in front and I'm starting to cast my prism.. (I'm suceed tho... praise the void for this!) And I was staring at him... just like he's staring at me... the prism just damage him a bit for something like 178 DMG and nothing... I was staring at other grineers (from the ground of course) to find out they actually blinded with exception of few who stoods VERY CLOSE to me.. 

I suggest that Mirage blind should work for everything that she saw before releasing the prism instead of blinding all the map and mobs she can't see behind the walls with of course reasonable base range something that will just work in terms of her survivalibity when using a build which focus on blinding enemies... with reduced casting animation time, and increased mana drain to prevent mindless spam

because the only problem with this LOS it's that she completely defenseless ironically against the enemies who stoods in her melee range... again... LOS - Line of sight - Mirage or prism's? ironically neither Mirage nor Prism in current state 

Blind should work everywhere where the Mirage will be... not behind the walls neither so far from her but it should gave her a chance to defense with this skill... because it's nonsense to blind 90% of mobs near you (in current state) and get killed by the last one which ironically facing you... 

Maybe change it to instant skill just like the Excalibur one... but well... 

I'm mindless right now... I will rip to pieces if the rumours of another nerf... yes... NERF... will applied to Mirage.

okay.. this rework was a bit invasive for me because I believe it's don't work as intended.. DE should focus around "LOS" in Mirage Prism that's all... 

So, instead of blinding enemies outright and stunlocking a map or giving a LoS nerf bomb with mixed implications, why not just make it into a now you see me, now you're so blinded by my Prism's light that you don't?  Or is it a now I see you, now you don't see me kind of blinding?  Is that the gist of your proposal?  

nearly impossible to blind with Mirage LOS enemi kil me almost instant tray this on diferent game tipe not onli intercept and the resul was the same :) ELOS need a lot corections i thing cast time yes instant and low energi cost idkn

Her second ability still useless and I haven't really used her ult so I am still going to play a lot of Mirage after this.

3 Ash vs 1 Mirage (with Simulor) in T4Def 20 wave
Mirages gets 50% of the kills so she and the 1st ability still op :)
(now I can get rid of the range mods and natural talent beacuse I dont need them anymore)

7 hours ago, shootaman777 said:

Make her freaking 2 not garbage. It should affect almost everything around her, hacking consoles - first priority and even warframes to save them from melee attack at least once. In addition, make it blind for a 3-5 seconds on contact like when the shooting gallery does it when it switches between players or make it so that you or the objective almost invisible either for a short period of time or while you don't move. Though I feel like the latter should be by deafult in her 3 if you don't move while in the shadow.

5 hours ago, PETI258 said:

Her second ability still useless and I haven't really used her ult so I am still going to play a lot of Mirage after this.

3 Ash vs 1 Mirage (with Simulor) in T4Def 20 wave
Mirages gets 50% of the kills so she and the 1st ability still op :)
(now I can get rid of the range mods and natural talent beacuse I dont need them anymore)

And her first ability was already nerfed, too xD 

Essentially, what you're describing here is that Mirage is still very useful, just as an independent Warframe (ignoring TE Mirages), and a goddamn good one at that.  Is that about right?  

Edited by shootaman777
I misspelled Mirage..... RIP spelling.

1 hour ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Make her freaking 2 not garbage. It should affect almost everything around her, hacking consoles - first priority and even warframes to save them from melee attack at least once. In addition, make it blind for a 3-5 seconds on contact like when the shooting gallery does it when it switches between players or make it so that you or the objective almost invisible either for a short period of time or while you don't move. Though I feel like the latter should be by deafult in her 3 if you don't move while in the shadow.

Essentially, what your rework idea has in mind is to make the third ability's 'in the dark mode' improved while motionless, almost to the tier of invisibility for a 'brief moment', and that for Sleight of Hand, something needs to be figured out, such as by with your ideas that help teammates and objectives to make the ability relatively useful (which allows for multiple useful uses of Sleight of Hand on the same area).  Does that sound about right?  

Edited by shootaman777
)

On 5/27/2016 at 6:45 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Reduce cast time of Prism to compensate for nerf.

On 5/27/2016 at 6:39 PM, (XB1)Dr Desflurane said:

How about reducing casting time on prism to make up for the blinding change?

Agreed. the mirage feels like it has been loved then hated on and loved again. Poor mirage. that women is always confusing

I think the old Prism was OP. The range was ridiculous and it did need fixing.

That said, making the skill completely useless isn't the fix that should've been done. The cast time is still ridiculous, and combine that with the LoS blind and you won't even blind half the mobs that are 10 feet in front of you because they ducked or looked in another direction while you were stuck in that horrifically long animation.

They basically turned her into a DPS-only frame, her 4 useless, and Sleight of Hand is still useless just like it has been. They should've reworked Eclipse to be more consistent, reduced the cast time (as in like, halved) of Prism, and made Sleight of Hand do...well, something. I still enjoy her as a DPS frame, but I feel really bad for the people that forma'd her specifically for a blind build and are now screwed.

6 minutes ago, Catoriii said:

That said, making the skill completely useless isn't the fix that should've been done. The cast time is still ridiculous, and combine that with the LoS blind and you won't even blind half the mobs that are 10 feet in front of you because they ducked or looked in another direction while you were stuck in that horrifically long animation.

They basically turned her into a DPS-only frame, her 4 useless, and Sleight of Hand is still useless just like it has been. They should've reworked Eclipse to be more consistent, reduced the cast time (as in like, halved) of Prism, and made Sleight of Hand do...well, something. I still enjoy her as a DPS frame, but I feel really bad for the people that forma'd her specifically for a blind build and are now screwed.

can u imagine how many formas it would take to fix it lol

3 minutes ago, Catoriii said:

For Mirage, a blind build only requires an Orokin Reactor, not even a Forma.  Other than that, I completely agree with you.  However, you stated problems and called for reworks more so than actually proposing a new solution.  So, I would ask you: what do you think should be the new Mirage?