Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Revisions Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

[DE]Danielle

20 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Now that I think about it.. they could remove the damage falloff or reduce it, and increase energy drain per second instead. It's super easy for Excalibur to stay in EB mode forever, and that's not really a good thing. It's called an ulti for a reason, to use it when you need a temporary huge boost of DPS, not a press-to-buff-forever melee-shooting ability.

Bingo, absolutely right you are on that point buddy but so unfortunate is that DE did listen to the community this time who were repeatedly screaming on Excal being too OP & disturbing and nerfed it accordingly. Whereas, many high ranked even vets used to play as Excal without only spamming E. He has even severe puncture issues and starts to bleedout so fast that quick thinking and rage has become must for him to survive if you want to consider  him as an end game frame. He used to be way too balanced on everything and reducing the EB range to a limited melee range along with an increased drain system wouldve done the rework trick but see what they have done now to please some minds and now Excal is dead...... :'(

Edited by AhmadIYE

For Excal review:

Honestly, after the first rework and the "exca turret mode" , i've never use it's ult because i saw too much of them using it brainlessy (idk if it's the right word)

After this change and few tests, this is the same way for me, still too much "turret mode".

For a kind of "melee ultimate": that's my idea:

Increase the range of the melee attack, and remove the permanent waves everytime.

Add the energy waves in charged attack or in some attack in the melee combo stance.

I think it will be most skilly and players will finally stop to mashup one button without their brain ;)

Edited by Siolith

20 hours ago, Chroia said:

Well, I still stand by my initial takes.

Excal Revisited feedback.

New changes:

Additions in red.

Well, dunno why but they really couldve just cut the EB range with additional energy drain to stop people and noobs abusing an ult ability of an ult frame but no they had to do something to let people consider him as a showpiece only and slide blind is really just nothing but a joke. I just can tell that some people out there laughed out loud after seeing that Excal is dead now (my younger brother is the example for me)

1 hour ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Now that I think about it.. they could remove the damage falloff or reduce it, and increase energy drain per second instead. It's super easy for Excalibur to stay in EB mode forever, and that's not really a good thing. It's called an ulti for a reason, to use it when you need a temporary huge boost of DPS, not a press-to-buff-forever melee-shooting ability.

That ruins it for other players who actually worked hard to get his energy in balance enough to be able to properly use exalted blade, you pair his abilities just like most frames and ivaras ultimate doesn't even drain per second so the principle of it being an ult as a reason to nerf him in another way isn't very solid. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

That ruins it for other players who actually worked hard to get his energy in balance enough to be able to properly use exalted blade, you pair his abilities just like most frames and ivaras ultimate doesn't even drain per second so the principle of it being an ult as a reason to nerf him in another way isn't very solid. 

You're right, I forgot about synergising his other abilities in.. Welp, time for another energy capacity buff? From 100 to 150-200? xD

9 hours ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

For people asking them to take off the waves they have a drop-off of damage per distance traveled and enemies hit. 

Thus I have severe difficulty seeing why the ranged aspect is here in the very first place. 100% frontal parry should be able to keep me alive when EB was first released, with a small slide blind in order to protect us. It was sufficient as a protection on its own. Now it just isn't usable. 

Maybe another tweak would be nice.

1 hour ago, Madho said:

Thus I have severe difficulty seeing why the ranged aspect is here in the very first place. 100% frontal parry should be able to keep me alive when EB was first released, with a small slide blind in order to protect us. It was sufficient as a protection on its own. Now it just isn't usable. 

Maybe another tweak would be nice.

I said it has a drop off, not that it's damage isn't there, and it's actually extremely useful for people with mods like berserker or blood rush, it hits the enemy and that's the point of it, if they added a buff to it that would slow enemies or something like a slight added effect yeah it would be over powered, and the damage is still very decent, it being there is great for me, when I slice through a grineer and see another one being taken back by the blade that just took down his friend it feels like Excalibur is a formidable foe for enemies with guns, and yeah, my Excalibur is super slow. Catching up with capture targets isn't his thing and exalted blade makes up for that, I honestly don't see the need for a change of it or an augment,  if anything I would say that an augment for Exalted Blade should be increased speed and distance of Excalibur at the cost of his shields. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

it's actually extremely useful for people with mods like berserker or blood rush

I don't think EB can use blood rush. Plus, for adding attack speed, it decreases the damage per wave, which isn't exactly a good trade regarding how you want enemies dead ASAP. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

if they added a buff to it that would slow enemies or something like a slight added effect

and yeah, my Excalibur is super slow. Catching up with capture targets isn't his thing and exalted blade makes up for that, 

Instead of making EB slowing things, why not just buff Excalibur's base speed instead? He's a swordsman, and he should be pretty agile when compared to other frames, say Chroma. Giving him a 1.15 sprint speed would be appropriate. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

What is with you guys trying to get rid of energy waves 

Because excal is a "melee" frame. And we're leaning towards that, he needs to have mobility and close ranged damage. The energy waves are fine, but if you were playing Excal, you'd know people are using it like guns to cut down distant enemies from xx meters away.

"Melee" frame..

6 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

1 minute ago, VoxAbsolonium said:

Because excal is a "melee" frame. And we're leaning towards that, he needs to have mobility and close ranged damage. The energy waves are fine, but if you were playing Excal, you'd know people are using it like guns to cut down distant enemies from xx meters away.

"Melee" frame..

It's not just US that are trying to make him "melee", it's what DE intended him to be, exactly why they hate the "turret mode" and nerfed the waves. I actually don't really care if he gets the waves or not, as long as his mobility and survivability gets buffed... and with the slide blind cost removed. I really can't engage enemies effectively with it.

3 minutes ago, VoxAbsolonium said:

"Melee" frame..

I play Excalibur almost exclusively, I've seen many of you on here complain about the people who brought about this revision but you're suggesting that another one of his abilities should be taken out because you don't like how others play, it's something he does,  and something many of us have grown very accustom to.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

I play Excalibur almost exclusively, I've seen many of you on here complain about the people who brought about this revision but you're suggesting that another one of his abilities should be taken out because you don't like how others play, it's something he does,  and something many of us have grown very accustom to.

It was changed for a reason, man. Personally this changed made sense to me. I'm not trying to remove the energy waves. I just want it to be used in channeling energy (which thematically made sense too. personally) and the blind as well. It would cost energy yes, but I think they should revert back the damage fall off per distance just to balance the nerf. Who knows. Maybe if they did that, they'd have room for more options (Body Count + Blood Rush working on exalted weapons) because of the reduced cheese. 

6 minutes ago, VoxAbsolonium said:

It was changed for a reason, man. Personally this changed made sense to me. I'm not trying to remove the energy waves. I just want it to be used in channeling energy (which thematically made sense too. personally) and the blind as well. It would cost energy yes, but I think they should revert back the damage fall off per distance just to balance the nerf. Who knows. Maybe if they did that, they'd have room for more options (Body Count + Blood Rush working on exalted weapons) because of the reduced cheese. 

Just use stronger weapons and slash dash towards ones out of range ? The way he is now post-update is fine and I appreciate the team taking time to work on him at all. And corrupted charge currently already goes towards channeling and personally I'd rather not have to choose between my beloved waves and my energy. I ask you guys to please just work with your Excaliburs.  I just forma'd him again today and he is literally just fine. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

I ask you guys to please just work with your Excaliburs.

Spoiler alert, we did. Surprising, huh?

11 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

I just forma'd him again today and he is literally just fine. 

Just fine? Do you not experience the ridiculous slide blind cost, or basically anything we've been furious about throughout the entire thread?

4 minutes ago, Madho said:

Spoiler alert, we did. Surprising, huh?

Just fine? Do you not experience the ridiculous slide blind cost, or basically anything we've been furious about throughout the entire thread?

I don't slide blind. He is still my strongest frame because I put the most work into him. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

I don't slide blind. He is still my strongest frame because I put the most work into him. 

As someone who dumped 6 forma on him, I would say that the slide blind was definitely enough for me to stop using him for anything above lvl 80. I frequently melee using slide attacks as both a gap closer and a starter for chaining combos no matter which one I'm using, and EB is of no exception. 

When we keep mashing E, the community bashes us for being mundane and boring and nooby. When we flourish with slide attacks and smash attacks, DE punishes us for a mechanism (slide blind) that I hardly cared about because of its pathetic range. When we chain combo attacks, the stance opens us up for 2 seconds and we get shot to death.

Do we really have a choice?

Blood Rush + Body Count makes regular melee weapons stronger than all the channeled melee weapons. Now with damage fall off, EB doesn't stand a chance. Honestly, if I want to melee, I'd use any of my melee weapons. If I want to be a special super ninja melee player that shoots energy waves from his super sword, I'd use EB, but now it's going to be just another melee weapon with a gimmick to have energy waves come out of it, because the energy waves do almost no damage once a crowd of enemies appear across the hall. The only other cool feature it gas was a small blind side attack that was really just there for show. In game, it was really only useful maybe TWICE in my whole Excalibur experience. Slide attacks were really helpful for mobility and chaining combos. Now with a hefty cost, it's really underwhelming. I hope this revision is....revisioned.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:22 AM, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

Repeated abusive behavior of some people and noobs made people so frustrated that everyone now want to get rid of those waves and most importantly the squishy sound effects. Logically Excal is a melee frame thats true and undeniable but it seems that almost everyone, everyone wants to get rid of the waves and it's high intense damage by many suggestions forgetting that HE NEEDS A HUGE BUFF ON HIS SURVIVALITY AREA (Armor more specifically and specially) and not just to mention HIS MOBILITY SPEED. Everyone is calling him swordsman but again asking to cut off his hands...!! (Makes no sense and some people will instantly argue with me here). I have read some posts of some experts who can still kill 100+ level mobs using him and are fine with this changes. But he is the icon frame of WARFRAME and DE is letting people abuse him where we can't even get our hands on Excal Prime and moreover no update on UMBRA...!!

He is my most favorite but very sadly he is resting in peace in my arsenal now.

Edited by AhmadIYE

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, (PS4)JONAS_ORTIZ said:

I ask you guys to please just work with your Excaliburs.  I just forma'd him again today and he is literally just fine. 

Sorry to bother you but would you mind sharing one of your FINE builds of Excal with us here??