Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

first a dragon frame and now a fairy frame...." holy light intesifies."

And threads like these are why I love this community so much...

As for Oberon, he's not a fairy silly, he's a Druïd. Obviously.

And that guitarist frame, you mean like that dude in Mad Max? With the flamethrower guitar and the wall of speakers behind him? Not a rock fan but I'd love to see that happening!!!

10 minutes ago, ComCray said:

And that guitarist frame, you mean like that dude in Mad Max? With the flamethrower guitar and the wall of speakers behind him? Not a rock fan but I'd love to see that happening!!!

WHy not my Demo frame aka the frame that taht is all about causing blast damage and using Shock and Awe to the Max

2 minutes ago, trace_phage said:

Atlas? Ember?

or do you just want a warframe that can turn ferrite into forma?

atlas is earth and ember is fire. an alchemist is someone who can alter the makeup of materials. imagine a frame who can absorb useless ammo drops that otherwise go to waste and convert them into buffs, a frame who can change the shape of enemy weapons and turn it against them, etc.

12 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

atlas is earth and ember is fire. an alchemist is someone who can alter the makeup of materials. imagine a frame who can absorb useless ammo drops that otherwise go to waste and convert them into buffs, a frame who can change the shape of enemy weapons and turn it against them, etc.

it was a full metal alchemist reference :) 

all the warframes are alchemists in my opinion, there's a very thin line between magic, alchemy and science

changing the makeup of the ground to create a wall, changing the makeup of the air to create fire, changing the makeup of your allies to heal them, creating miasmas, summoning krakens out of thin air, teleportation, immortality, invisibility, ... changing mod drops into bombs, I can go on but I'm not gonna sum up every warframe ability .

equivalent exchange = energy creates effect

15 minutes ago, trace_phage said:

it was a full metal alchemist reference :) 

all the warframes are alchemists in my opinion, there's a very thin line between magic, alchemy and science

changing the makeup of the ground to create a wall, changing the makeup of the air to create fire, changing the makeup of your allies to heal them, creating miasmas, summoning krakens out of thin air, teleportation, immortality, invisibility, ... changing mod drops into bombs, I can go on but I'm not gonna sum up every warframe ability .

equivalent exchange = energy creates effect

not really a reference (ferrite to forma) to FMA when the whole lead to gold thing is the common thing referenced in anything having to do with alchemy. I see your point but i'm referring to the archetype of an alchemist who pulls things from the environment (ammo drops in this instance) and makes them into something more useful. I thought up a concept but no real feedback from it in it's current incarnation (probably cause i can't draw for sh*t and concepts with art attract more attention :/)

2 hours ago, LordOfScrugging said:

not really a reference (ferrite to forma) to FMA when the whole lead to gold thing is the common thing referenced in anything having to do with alchemy. I see your point but i'm referring to the archetype of an alchemist who pulls things from the environment (ammo drops in this instance) and makes them into something more useful. I thought up a concept but no real feedback from it in it's current incarnation (probably cause i can't draw for sh*t and concepts with art attract more attention :/)

Yeah, you shouldn't have taken it seriously. That was just the first thing that came to my mind as a transmuting joke relevant to warframe not FMA :-)

alchemy is just early science (so not only changing base metals into gold that's just what greedy people tried to do with it)

As for your warframe concept: the name silver could have been quicksilver (after mercury)

your passive counters your first ability (you won't have a lot of unused ammo)

your first ability sounds like a toggle but it also sounds like a quiver ability which confuses me you could split it up in a quiver style ability and his passive being he stores excess ammo but how does this work with already existing transmute x ammo mods? Also I'd change damage reduction aura to overshields to stay within the gear flavor

your second ability sounds overpowered & why does it scale from secondary weapon mods? I propose you'd scale it like nova's first ability with 5 to 8 charges for it to spread to an enemy 

your third ability reminds me of fate/zero anime (Hence the name of the warframe suits it) it does too much though, I'd at least remove the reagent buff, you could change it into draining enemy ammo 

your ultimate seems to have inspired a new upcoming weapon type that was mentioned last stream: a rifle/spear with a fire and throwing mode. How would you extend the lance & how do you switch between them? Maybe if the ability has a duration, you could switch at will between them but then you can't cancel it.

your concept would work if it had it's own unique weapons that come with the frame that you can mod but then you wouldn't have a 2 & 4 skill 

you only need the concept, let DE figure the numbers out :)

tumblr_mmcdr0ZrN31rbrys3o1_500.gif

hmm maybe I should make my own alchemist concept :D you're giving me ideas :D

Edited by trace_phage
Topic I wanted to comment on was archived...

4 hours ago, ComCray said:

Ummm, Oberon is the Faerie King in a Shakespeare play, he also has a fayarch skin, a fayarch is a type of faerie/fairy...

2 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

He's not wrong though, magic is normally science people don't understand.

And Alchemy was essentially the father of science.

Yeha, he is wrong, a lot wrong, the knowleage of an indevidual is irrelivant, Scientific knowleage is derived from reality, based on facts and understandins of the real, nyone can withenough time understand it, Magic, on the other hand is compleat mythical non-sence based in the inability to gain any sort of knowleage on the subject, the two could not be more polar opposites.

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Yeha, he is wrong, a lot wrong, the knowleage of an indevidual is irrelivant, Scientific knowleage is derived from reality, based on facts and understandins of the real, nyone can withenough time understand it, Magic, on the other hand is compleat mythical non-sence based in the inability to gain any sort of knowleage on the subject, the two could not be more polar opposites.

You're talking high fantasy magic, like you find in Final Fantasy and the likes.

I was speaking about reality.

On 31/5/2016 at 7:40 PM, SilvaDreams said:

You're talking high fantasy magic, like you find in Final Fantasy and the likes.

I was speaking about reality.

LOL, there is a non-fantasy magic???... okay...

On 31/5/2016 at 8:51 PM, trace_phage said:

then you haven't seen a lot of statements :p I was referring to magic being science we don't understand 

"magic being science we don't understand"... Science means 'knowledge'... Therefore "Natural Science" (the normal use of 'science') means knowledge of the natural world... So you're saying magic is the knowledge we have, that we don't understand... it's basically a nonsensical sentence...

If you mean just 'a phenomena we don't understand = magic', then that too is wrong, because magic is a reference to an unknown supernatural force used to alter something...

Something not known to science is not magic, it's just unknown, magic alludes to a specific 'thing' as an 'explanation'...

As someone in a scientific field, both your statements make my face hurt...

13 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

LOL, there is a non-fantasy magic???... okay...

"magic being science we don't understand"... Science means 'knowledge'... Therefore "Natural Science" (the normal use of 'science') means knowledge of the natural world... So you're saying magic is the knowledge we have, that we don't understand... it's basically a nonsensical sentence...

If you mean just 'a phenomena we don't understand = magic', then that too is wrong, because magic is a reference to an unknown supernatural force used to alter something...

Something not known to science is not magic, it's just unknown, magic alludes to a specific 'thing' as an 'explanation'...

As someone in a scientific field, both your statements make my face hurt...

"Any technology, sufficiently advanced, is indistinguishable..."

:)