The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll: Which Passive Sucks THE MOST

cookieknife

It's like those new passives were added along the lines of "Let's add *something* - anything, no time to give it any thought!"

So now we have a silence passive on a frame which has Silence as an ability (which makes the ability partially obsolete), a passive on paladruid that doesn't work on vast majority of enemies, a passive on Loki that no one is going to use, a passive on a squishy Hydroid that requires him to stand in melee range (where he doesn't want to be) to spawn a tentacle that does something useful and *ta-da!* a passive that requires you to take fire damage which is likely to kill you on a frame that *should* be immune to fire damage... But isn't. 

Yay!

14 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

ITT people who expected that the passives would be massively powerful and would upgrade their favorite frame. lol

Not massively powerful but hrm... maybe notably useful.  Can't really call Ember's passive "good."  It's an awkward way to channel health and shields into energy and firepower.  Meanwhile, Atlas gets KD immunity as long as his feet are planted.  Valkyr NEVER lands hard and recovers from KD faster by default.  Equinox gains energy from health orbs, and health from energy orbs.  And then there are frames with passives, like Ember's, that are "what the hell is this?"  Excal isn't a melee weapon's master, just a swordsman so his passive is restricted to a select set of weaponry.

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

Not massively powerful but hrm... maybe notably useful.  Can't really call Ember's passive "good."  It's an awkward way to channel health and shields into energy and firepower.  Meanwhile, Atlas gets KD immunity as long as his feet are planted.  Valkyr NEVER lands hard and recovers from KD faster by default.  Equinox gains energy from health orbs, and health from energy orbs.  And then there are frames with passives, like Ember's, that are "what the hell is this?"  Excal isn't a melee weapon's master, just a swordsman so his passive is restricted to a select set of weaponry.

Give a suggestion to a better Ember passive. And don't say "fire immunity", it's not a better passive.

Give Ember a passive Flame Repellent not immunity. Other frames basically get a free situational mod. but her current is masochistically flawed for a mid squishy frame. And why energy regen. she should get a massive dps boost when on fire like Carrie and burn the room down.

Edited by Firetempest

How to fix Ember's passive. Step 1: Keep it as normal, step 2: Make her immune to fire damage so she just gets a buff from being on fire. Step 3: Make her 1st ability leave an AOE of fire where it lands so she can step in it and manually trigger her ability.

Oberon. Wildlife is rare. Wildlife is weak. It doesn't do anything new, Smite and Reckoning can easily do the same thing, only better and it doesn't slow down defense/exterminate. Oberon is fated to a life of being crap.

2 hours ago, Littleman88 said:

How about what she has now PLUS fire immunity for a start?  Like... did that really not cross your mind?

It would be a tiny improvement when there are napalms around, and just as meaningless all the other times. (you know, since being struck by a napalm is the only time that fire resistance even matter and is also the only reliable way of getting fire proc'd).

Here's something that might be useful I just thought of: everytime she kills an enemy with any of her abilities or a weapon that deals fire damage she gains 1% power strength. The bonus lasts 3 seconds (timer being reset on every kill), once timer runs out she loses 5% of that bonus every 3 seconds until it drops back to normal levels.

55 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

It would be a tiny improvement when there are napalms around, and just as meaningless all the other times. (you know, since being struck by a napalm is the only time that fire resistance even matter and is also the only reliable way of getting fire proc'd).

Here's something that might be useful I just thought of: everytime she kills an enemy with any of her abilities or a weapon that deals fire damage she gains 1% power strength. The bonus lasts 3 seconds (timer being reset on every kill), once timer runs out she loses 5% of that bonus every 3 seconds until it drops back to normal levels.

Everyone originally thought her Passive would increase her Energy Regen for every Fire Proc she caused, as to be honest, Ember has an overly hard time balancing Damage and Efficiency due to how expensive her abilities are. Instead, we got this garbage.

When it comes to everyone else's Passives, most of them honestly don't do anything at all. Equinox's is terrible since she gets such a marginal health/energy bonus, Nekros' doesn't give enough Health for the effort, Nova's range on her Passive is too short, Frost's is just a great way to tell you're not using Frost correctly, Nyx's is just a terrible Loki Disarm clone, Rhino's is essentially nonexistent, Hydroid's is completely counter-intuituve to his playstyle, Volt's Passive is capped in a game with infinitely scaling enemies, Oberon's is useless and limited to specific planets and factions, Vauban's is limited to teammates and doesn't help Booben at all, Mag's is a worse Carrier and Inaros' doesn't deal any real damage.

I just don't get how these Passives can be seen as good when Atlas is mostly immune to knockdowns, along with Valkyr having an innate Constitution and plenty of Warframe's like Nezha or Mesa having versatile and/or style of play matching Passives.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Everyone originally thought her Passive would increase her Energy Regen for every Fire Proc she caused, as to be honest, Ember has an overly hard time balancing Damage and Efficiency due to how expensive her abilities are. Instead, we got this garbage.

When it comes to everyone else's Passives, most of them honestly don't do anything at all. Equinox's is terrible since she gets such a marginal health/energy bonus, Nekros' doesn't give enough Health for the effort, Nova's range on her Passive is too short, Frost's is just a great way to tell you're not using Frost correctly, Nyx's is just a terrible Loki Disarm clone, Rhino's is essentially nonexistent, Hydroid's is completely counter-intuituve to his playstyle, Volt's Passive is capped in a game with infinitely scaling enemies, Oberon's is useless and limited to specific planets and factions, Vauban's is limited to teammates and doesn't help Booben at all, Mag's is a worse Carrier and Inaros' doesn't deal any real damage.

I just don't get how these Passives can be seen as good when Atlas is mostly immune to knockdowns, along with Valkyr having an innate Constitution and plenty of Warframe's like Nezha or Mesa having versatile and/or style of play matching Passives.

To be honest anything that has anything to do with her taking fire damage might as well not exist.

6 hours ago, FoxyKabam said:

embers

there's some pretty bad passives, but embers....I can't even find words to express it without risking another warning point

Ember's is actually useful in Ship Sabotage, when you reload the Fuel core back into the reactor and everything is on fire.  Also against Hekka Masters.

1 minute ago, Mastikator2 said:

To be honest anything that has anything to do with her taking fire damage might as well not exist.

Considering the fact that Ember's squishier than all hek and dies in one shot or less from a decently leveled Napalm and/or Scorch, yeah, it really should go considering the fact that Ember would die immediately after getting such a bonus.

I still say Banshees. 

Every other passive at least adds something to that frames kit that they wouldn't otherwise have, even if you have to set yourself on fire to get it. 

Banshee on the other hand gets something she has had since her release. Silent weapons make no difference if the enemy already cannot hear you shooting. It's like giving the Paris Prime an extra mod slot, and then saying that the only mod you can run there is Hush. 

17 minutes ago, Sixty5 said:

I still say Banshees. 

Every other passive at least adds something to that frames kit that they wouldn't otherwise have, even if you have to set yourself on fire to get it. 

Banshee on the other hand gets something she has had since her release. Silent weapons make no difference if the enemy already cannot hear you shooting. It's like giving the Paris Prime an extra mod slot, and then saying that the only mod you can run there is Hush. 

If your weapons are silent enemies are less likely to be aggressive towards you, and they'll instead aim at someone with the loud shotgun or explosives

Just now, cookieknife said:

If your weapons are silent enemies are less likely to be aggressive towards you, and they'll instead aim at someone with the loud shotgun or explosives

Which doesn't matter at all if silence is up because within it all weapons effectively have zero sound, even shotguns and explosions. 

1 hour ago, Sixty5 said:

Which doesn't matter at all if silence is up because within it all weapons effectively have zero sound, even shotguns and explosions. 

yeah i know, im just saying thats what it does, doesnt take away the fact that it's a useless passive though

Its hard to choose so I will name a few:

Equinox - 2 energy/hp on orb pick ups. Numbers too low

Nekros - 5 hp when enemies are killed in 10m radius. Numbers too low

Ember - because noone is gonna proc fire on you anyway.

Oberon - u know why

Zephyr - Floating? Okay...

Chroma - no passive

These suck the most imo but for different reasons.

Zephyr's goes with her theme, I mean she's had it since the beginning and its not a great one but i think it should stay.

Chroma , Ember, Vauban, And OBERON on the other hand .... 

Like you said, Chroma has no passive, thats just a mechanic they incorporated with him.

Ember, shes squishy., she will die trying to use it in late game, and rarely happens anyways.

Oberon, its Faction exclusive and it doesnt do what it says , it just makes them Invincible for 20 seconds and run around aimlessly AND ALSO it doesnt even go with his theme. Call him a druid if you want but he was a paladin from the start and still is.

Now Vauban,,, it doesnt make a big difference at all having +75% armor..,.. i think it's dumb for him... Hell, Switch his with Rhino's passive and they both would fit well.

I know they already have passives, but my innate assumption would be that base element frames like Frost, Ember and Saryn etc. would be somewhat resistant to Cold, Fire and Toxin damage respectively, I'm surprised they don't possess such resistances...

I dont find Oberons passive all that bad on paper.  The real issues with his passive are 1: It takes too long to take effect and 2: Enemy AI (especially wildlife AI) is just BAD. 

Now Vaubans passive is quite useless.  When are players within 20m of each other outside of defense and even then its rare, plus his armor rating is too low for him to benefit from it.  Chroma needs a real passive because thats a feature of the frame and not a passive.  Embers passive would be great if it came with heat resistance which I feel all elemental frames should be resistant to that element in the first place.  And Loki, I think Im one of the few players who enjoy his passive xD.

Edited by Daruru