Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Returning Tenno comes back to the Community.

UneakPanda

Hey everyone, A Founder Tenno here returning to the game after 4 years of hiatus. I have to say, I am happy that I came back and ready to enjoy this amazing game that I along with many many of you have supported. I saw the new amazing frames, game modes, new modes, new weapons and an aspiring community of old and fresh faces making a difference and sharing among each other. Im proud to say that this is an amazing thing and a great accomplishment for this game. I can't wait to meet all of you and re-learn what I have lost and unknown! My ingame name is UneakPanda if you want to add!

Also am I hearing that people are going crazy for Excaliber Prime and some of the old prime versions of the first warframes are becoming nonexistant in terms of acquirable?

QUICK LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN! WHILE THE SALT DOESN'T REACH YOU!

Older Primes like Mag, Ember, Rhino etc are getting "vaulted" alongside their respective weapons as new primes come to take their place due to Void dillution. Generally speaking, they are not obtainable as of now and is and should only be a temporary fix.

Could just add T1-T3 Intercept

Edited by izzatuw

4 minutes ago, izzatuw said:

QUICK LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL CAN! WHILE THE SALT DOESN'T REACH YOU!

Older Primes like Mag, Ember, Rhino etc are getting "vaulted" alongside their respective weapons as new primes come to take their place due to Void dillution. Generally speaking, they are not obtainable as of now and is and should only be a temporary fix.

Could just add T1-T3 Intercept

Ahhh I see. So theyre just being "Vaulted" up for now to allow opportunities to obtain newer frames and such? Also What about excaliber Prime?

2 minutes ago, UneakPanda said:

Ahhh I see. So theyre just being "Vaulted" up for now to allow opportunities to obtain newer frames and such? Also What about excaliber Prime?

First question: yes. Vaulted Primes however will be returned.

Excalibur Prime is exclusive to Founders. There is no way to get him. If you don't have him, don't even hope to ever get him.

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

First question: yes. Vaulted Primes however will be returned.

Excalibur Prime is exclusive to Founders. There is no way to get him. If you don't have him, don't even hope to ever get him.

Ahhh amazing. I have the Excaliber Prime. Back then he was a gift to the founders and you know... wasn't used much because of the other warframes available at that time that were better. I was prompted by an old friend of mine that they reworked all the warframes and people are now seeking accounts with Excaliber prime for a... "Exalted Blade Build". Idk what thats about or how good it is. Just caught my interest that they supported the old frames through all this new content.

2 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

Yeah, give Excal a second try. Despite having been nerfed some day ago, he is a very good melee Warframe thanks to his new 4th ability.

Have fun catching up with 4 years of news.

Can we be great acquaintance because catching up on 4 years of news is going to be one heck of a time :) UneakPanda is my username ingame!

if you ever have any questions or need some help with anything, just shoot me a message. I've been playing nearly everyday for almost 2 years (its rarer that im not online), I'd be happy to help you. Have fun slicing up our foes, and a merry welcome back to Origin System, fellow Tenno.

6 minutes ago, lazuron said:

if you ever have any questions or need some help with anything, just shoot me a message. I've been playing nearly everyday for almost 2 years (its rarer that im not online), I'd be happy to help you. Have fun slicing up our foes, and a merry welcome back to Origin System, fellow Tenno.

Heck yeah! Add me I would like to play!

Don't let people mad about nerfs to cheese playstyles bring you down, either. If you're wondering why everyone's mad, it's because Trinity's heal is now limited to affinity sharing range, Blind Mirage can't lock down an entire map by blinding through walls, Excalibur's Exalted Blade's energy waves have damage falloff at range, and Valkyr now consumes energy faster the longer Hysteria is up. Most of this might sound like gobblty-gook to someone who hasn't played, but a lot of people are resistant to the loss of their "easy modes."

Just enjoy the game, play the quests, explore the new content, grab up some frames and acquire Primes. Frost, Mag, Ember, Rhino and Loki Prime and their gear have already been vaulted, but they'll return in time. Have fun, hope you like the new Warframe.

1 hour ago, AtoKitsune said:

Don't let people mad about nerfs to cheese playstyles bring you down, either. If you're wondering why everyone's mad, it's because Trinity's heal is now limited to affinity sharing range, Blind Mirage can't lock down an entire map by blinding through walls, Excalibur's Exalted Blade's energy waves have damage falloff at range, and Valkyr now consumes energy faster the longer Hysteria is up. Most of this might sound like gobblty-gook to someone who hasn't played, but a lot of people are resistant to the loss of their "easy modes."

Just enjoy the game, play the quests, explore the new content, grab up some frames and acquire Primes. Frost, Mag, Ember, Rhino and Loki Prime and their gear have already been vaulted, but they'll return in time. Have fun, hope you like the new Warframe.

Ahhh I see. I remember a long time ago Trinity got a skill nerf or something because she became invincible through this build. lol. All of these things are just regular problems with any games :) so i wouldn't let it get to me! and thank you! 

40 minutes ago, UneakPanda said:

2nd dream o_o?

Yeah you'll notice a larger liset now with a double pathway leading down (behind the arsenal pad) to a three way split (one door will have a glowing symbol on the door).  To access it you'll have to complete the "Natah" quest (scan a blue creature, you'll know it once you see it) and once you complete that you'll be awarded with the "Second Dream" quest-line (which will then give you access to that door).  It's fun and there's a lot of great cinematic that's gone into it :)

Edited by Btabc

How to unlock Second Dream:

1) Buy Codex Scanners from the market, under equipment

2) Go to your Arsenal

3) Equip Codex Scanner under Gear in arsenal 

4) Go to Uranus

5) Keep on do the missions till you have a blue flashes on your screen. You should hear weird noises. Go look for them.

6) Scan the weird looking aliens by holding Q to open the gears option. Then select the Codex Scanner.

7) Scan the weird blue creatures. The Lotus should say something out ordinary.

8) Complete the mission

9) Go to the Codex (opposite of the market console).

10) Begin the Natah Quest.

11) Complete the Natah Quest

12) Then you should have gotten the Second Dream's Quest in the Codex console

13) Complete the Second Dream

14) Be in absolute shock

Edited by Ibro156

1 hour ago, UneakPanda said:

Do you have a thread to see this build? :)

I've gotten a lot of comments in the past that this build is weird, which is understandable. However, it has served my extremely well ever since I decided upon using it. First, I should forewarn that this is a build that is heavily reliant on pure melee, and powers are nothing more than distance-closers or panic buttons here. Thus, me showing off the weapon and weapon build is just as important as the Warframe itself.

Excalibur

Steel Fiber, Armored Agility, and Vitality are here to help with survivability, which is extra important considering this build relies on extremely aggressive melee playstyle. I knew it was inevitable that I would be taking a lot of health damage, so that is why I slotted Rage; I'd get tons of energy just from taking hits, so I could then use Life Strike on my melee weapon to get back health no problem. Continuity and Streamline are there both for Radial Blind and Exalted Blade; the former so I can cast some crowd control easily, and the latter so I can keep Exalted Blade up longer if the need arises. Surging Dash is slotted so I can not only close the distance with enemies quickly but also so I can really jump up my melee combo counter. Finally, Energy Conversion (which is the source of people calling it a weird build). First, the number of combo hits added to the combo counter by Surging Dash scales off of Power Strength, which Energy Conversion helps with. Second, Energy Conversion boosts the damage of Exalted Blade if it is activated by an energy orb, even though it is a toggled power. So yeah, that's my Excalibur.

Spoiler

sm8rbUl.jpg

Melee

Aside from me channeling Jetstream Sam, I chose the Dragon Nikana because of both it's reliability as well as my familiarity with the weapon. When I get the chance, I'll be upgrading to the Nikana Prime.  Tranquil Cleave is the chosen stance specifically for it's Pause Combo, which can hit multiple times, and is thus extremely useful for building the combo counter. Life Strike was explained in the Excalibur part. Blood Rush and Body Count are there for greater ease at building up my combos as well as gradually increasing my crit chance. Berserker takes the place of what would normally be Fury because of the crit chance buff provided by Blood Rush, so I can build up my attack speed quite quickly. Pressure Point, Jagged Edge, and Buzz Kill are obviously for the pure slash damage. Finally, Organ Shatter is more or less a dump mod because I didn't really need anything else.

Spoiler

cOPB1og.jpg

That's my build. It may be weird, but it's the reason why I consider Excalibur my main. 

Spoiler

Cue Jetstream Sam's hype theme music

Edited by PsychedelicSnake
100% more Jetstream Sam

2 hours ago, Btabc said:

Yeah you'll notice a larger liset now with a double pathway leading down (behind the arsenal pad) to a three way split (one door will have a glowing symbol on the door).  To access it you'll have to complete the "Natah" quest (scan a blue creature, you'll know it once you see it) and once you complete that you'll be awarded with the "Second Dream" quest-line (which will then give you access to that door).  It's fun and there's a lot of great cinematic that's gone into it :)

Wow thank you. Im definitely gonna keep my eyes out for that one.

2 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

How to unlock Second Dream:

1) Buy Codex Scanners from the market, under equipment

2) Go to your Arsenal

3) Equip Codex Scanner under Gear in arsenal 

4) Go to Neptune

5) Keep on do the missions till you have a blue flashes on your screen. You should hear weird noises. Go look for them.

6) Scan the weird looking aliens by holding Q to open the gears option. Then select the Codex Scanner.

7) Scan the weird blue creatures. The Lotus should say something out ordinary.

8) Complete the mission

9) Go to the Codex (opposite of the market console).

10) Begin the Natah Quest.

11) Complete the Natah Quest

12) Then you should have gotten the Second Dream's Quest in the Codex console

13) Complete the Second Dream

14) Be in absolute shock

Lol this is helpful as well!

2 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

Or don't do it....if you value your existence as a tenno space ninja...don't let anyone spoil it though, avert your eyes from spoilers

Yeah, as of right now, Im just going with what i have and got. To me its just home now that with my usual frames

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I've gotten a lot of comments in the past that this build is weird, which is understandable. However, it has served my extremely well ever since I decided upon using it. First, I should forewarn that this is a build that is heavily reliant on pure melee, and powers are nothing more than distance-closers or panic buttons here. Thus, me showing off the weapon and weapon build is just as important as the Warframe itself.

Excalibur

Steel Fiber, Armored Agility, and Vitality are here to help with survivability, which is extra important considering this build relies on extremely aggressive melee playstyle. I knew it was inevitable that I would be taking a lot of health damage, so that is why I slotted Rage; I'd get tons of energy just from taking hits, so I could then use Life Strike on my melee weapon to get back health no problem. Continuity and Streamline are there both for Radial Blind and Exalted Blade; the former so I can cast some crowd control easily, and the latter so I can keep Exalted Blade up longer if the need arises. Surging Dash is slotted so I can not only close the distance with enemies quickly but also so I can really jump up my melee combo counter. Finally, Energy Conversion (which is the source of people calling it a weird build). First, the number of combo hits added to the combo counter by Surging Dash scales off of Power Strength, which Energy Conversion helps with. Second, Energy Conversion boosts the damage of Exalted Blade if it is activated by an energy orb, even though it is a toggled power. So yeah, that's my Excalibur.

Reveal hidden contents

sm8rbUl.jpg

Melee

Aside from me channeling Jetstream Sam, I chose the Dragon Nikana because of both it's reliability as well as my familiarity with the weapon. When I get the chance, I'll be upgrading to the Nikana Prime.  Tranquil Cleave is the chosen stance specifically for it's Pause Combo, which can hit multiple times, and is thus extremely useful for building the combo counter. Life Strike was explained in the Excalibur part. Blood Rush and Body Count are there for greater ease at building up my combos as well as gradually increasing my crit chance. Berserker takes the place of what would normally be Fury because of the crit chance buff provided by Blood Rush, so I can build up my attack speed quite quickly. Pressure Point, Jagged Edge, and Buzz Kill are obviously for the pure slash damage. Finally, Organ Shatter is more or less a dump mod because I didn't really need anything else.

Hide contents

cOPB1og.jpg

That's my build. It may be weird, but it's the reason why I consider Excalibur my main. 

Hide contents

Cue Jetstream Sam's hype theme music

I Like this alot. How is your efficiency to keep up exalted blade? Or does it even affect exalted blade? Along side I don't know much about weapon stances or exilus mods at all atm and I need to get some :/ I know for sure that I love exalted blade, but its just keeping it up is the part I wanna solve. Mobility is important and I love to stay melee oriented wih my Prime Excal as well. I love your concept and its very fast and mobile. I like the synergy between the frame and abilities.