The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about Valkyr's Hysteria nerf, I mean "rework".

DrakoKnight48

2 hours ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Are you kidding me? If you're in a Survival/Defense and you get to the point where you're getting one-shot, that's your limit in an ENDLESS GAME THAT KEEPS ON RISING UNTIL YOU GET ONE-SHOT.

Oh, on that note, if you're getting one-shot as a Valkyr ANYWHERE on the Star Chart or even in T4, and in endless missions, anything under 10 minutes/waves, you need to reevaluate how you decided to mod Valkyr.

No. Its not just Survival or Defense missions. Its T4 or higher missions for all my frames. All one shot running T4Sab missions. The I have a nearly maxed ranked steal fiber mod for armor for my frames quipped at all times. Yet it doesn't to a thing for damage reduction. Not even my shields do much for protection. 

Just now, DrakoKnight48 said:

No. Its not just Survival or Defense missions. Its T4 or higher missions for all my frames. All one shot running T4Sab missions. The I have a nearly maxed ranked steal fiber mod for armor for my frames quipped at all times. Yet it doesn't to a thing for damage reduction. Not even my shields do much for protection. 

10 minutes ago, PickleMonster21 said:

Double Edit: Oh, and if you're getting one-shot anywhere on the Star Chart or in T4, or anything under 10 minutes/waves in any Endless mission, you shouldn't be making a post about it since you clearly lack the mods and/or the ranks on said mod to last. If you're getting one-shot on the Star Chart and T4, and under 10 minutes/waves on Endless missions, you clearly should not be there as you are not properly equipped to be there.

4 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

OK. On that last part you say it like you KNOW the game is unbalanced. Meaning there's no point on nerfing warframes when we're going up against cheap one shot Crewmen! How is that fair for us the players to get hit my something that powerful? As you said yourself in your previous comment, "balance is thing that needs to be considered".   

I am going to be honest here. If there are crewman oneshotting you then

A. You do not yet have the modding power to protect yourself against corpus of that level.
B. You are being reckless.

This game has a fair amount of balance issues (balance between fellow warframe that is) but note that these balance changes are set around full build paths. you can never reach balance if you balance while ignoring fully ranked corrupted mods.

You simply do not have the modding power yet to play valkyr in her full OP god mode glory.

2 hours ago, Emeraudes said:

There is a disparity here you won't fill in just a matter of months. Players have focus farmed for at least a year to get the level of gear you're hoping to get. Most players you see who can pull off outstanding survival records have done so through monetary investment or extreme amounts of time investment.

In short, you can consider paying to shorten the time you need to farm. That would probably be more in line with your effort to reward ratio.

That's not helping actually. Lmao. How much longer do I have to waste till I reach that golden moment to were I have all the right gear and do thing all on my own? Saying stuff like that is the reason most people give this game a pass. A year just to get good at an unbalanced game.

2 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

I am going to be honest here. If there are crewman oneshotting you then

A. You do not yet have the modding power to protect yourself against corpus of that level.
B. You are being reckless.

This game has a fair amount of balance issues (balance between fellow warframe that is) but note that these balance changes are set around full build paths. you can never reach balance if you balance while ignoring fully ranked corrupted mods.

You simply do not have the modding power yet to play valkyr in her full OP god mode glory.

I don't even know why I try anymore. All I'm trying to do is get my old Valkyr back. All this talk of needing the right mods which I need to do more grinding for is making me wanna quit the game. I don't wanna since there's so much I wanna do. But its just some of the things in the game that making me wanna give up on it.  

3 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I don't even know why I try anymore. All I'm trying to do is get my old Valkyr back. All this talk of needing the right mods which I need to do more grinding for is making me wanna quit the game. I don't wanna since there's so much I wanna do. But its just some of the things in the game that making me wanna give up on it.  

You're not getting pre-rework Valkyr back. She's way too OP, and if you think nerfing that is unfair, you need to learn that Warframe is not about making the most OP Warframe one ability that is unfairly OP (compared to other Warframes. Not one-shotting Orokin Crewmen). It's about making the most OP Warframe from the tools you have to make them that way. If you can't handle the grind that gets you to that point and that's what's making you want to quit... I can't say there's too much good news for you in this matter, I'm sorry.

58 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

When are games like this supposed to be played in God mod? Dude. Go on a high level mission like Rathuum, Alert missions that spam waves of enemies at you. I've been one shot so many times Its not funny watching your inaros get wrecked in one shot or a Rhino who has iron skin on for that matter.  Idk. I'm getting tired of grinding for items that won't drop. Sadly.

just wanted to point out that raqthuum isnt a very high level mission.

also 500+ of my rathuum points was done with a rhino 

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

DE need to buff valkyre hp ash is also melee frame but have over 1k hp....valkyr need that too 740hp on high lvl get blitz in 1 hit

So the Mods I'm using are:
Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fibre, Armored Agility - all Maxed.

Ash:
- Health: 1290
- Armor: 165.75

Valkyr:
- Health: 860
- Armor: 1530

I don't think Valkyr really needs that Health buff with all that Armor...

Yep. All of this. I didn't install primed continuity, streamline and fleeting on it to be out of the energy with the primed flow in about one minute. I don't normally use frames that both can't use zenurik/energy siphon/energy restores and chog energy like there's no tomorrow even if we forget for a secons about this stupid*** damage dealt when you get out of hysteria. That's why I won't play it anymore, this alone is more than enough to pick literally any other frame that is able to hold his ground, even rhino. Regret all the plat wasted on the skin.

Plus, she was already bad against corpus before bursas came in, now it's just so meh that won't even bother.

1 minute ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

Yep. All of this. I didn't install primed continuity, streamline and fleeting on it to be out of the energy with the primed flow in about one minute. I don't normally use frames that both can't use zenurik/energy siphon/energy restores and chog energy like there's no tomorrow even if we forget for a secons about this stupid*** damage dealt when you get out of hysteria. That's why I won't play it anymore, this alone is more than enough to pick literally any other frame that is able to hold his ground, even rhino. Regret all the plat wasted on the skin.

Plus, she was already bad against corpus before bursas came in, now it's just so meh that won't even bother.

news flash: she always stored up dmg she took while in hysteria and took a portion of it when she left hysteria and was too close to enemies, they just increased the range and changed it to LOS for that,

and you dont seem to get the idea that hysteria isnt her only skill....her other skills work just fine

2 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

I take every bit of damage taken should I leave Hysteria while near an enemy.

Actually you take, what is it? like 25 or 30% of the damage you've taken, and so long as you plan for it, it is rather easy to avoid.  Just because you are invulnerable doesn't mean you should stand there and get slapped in the face over and over.  Avoid the damage or find a safe location to come down from hysteria.   It was actually a broken mechanic/bug that she did not take the damage before this update.  It was always setup to do so but due to how range mods affected the aura it was so small it basically was not there and noone noticed.  That is fixed, sorry to burst your bubble, but it was always intended she take damage when dropping hysteria, now it works the way it was intended to.

I just ran 40 minutes T4Survival with basic flow, basic continuity no fleeting expertise, just to see how difficult it was.  I ran almost constantly in hysteria, despite this not being my normal play style with her, I ran out of energy completely twice due to low energy orb drops.  Which to be honest is perfectly fine with me, it requires me to plan ahead, to actually think about my energy consumption rather than going into hysteria and falling asleep while hitting E over and over.

Nullifiers were easy enough to either avoid and wear down or just fight through, once did one take me by surprise landing on my head in the double globe room, which was my fault for not paying attention.  But since I actually made an effort to avoid damage even in hysteria the backlash didn't hurt much,  

If this is the build you have no choice but to use (basic mods and so on) then plan ahead, bring energy restores and don't stay in hysteria constantly.  If you want to go into high level endless, then find a room where you can hide and drop a energy restore before heading back out.  at full 300 energy I can maintain hysteria for several minutes easily, whenever I saw i was running low, I ran off and recharged.

Does this completely change how valkyr was played previously? Yes.  And if you think this breaks the frame completely, that's on you.  She actually felt like other frames today when I played her.  Some danger and strategy required, having to keep an eye on my energy and sometimes my health.  She is still perfectly as powerful as she was before, she does insane damage and can slaughter tons of enemies in seconds.  She is completely invulnerable just as she always was, but you have to actually think about your surroundings now.

I'm sorry if you and others believe she is broken now, but what broke was her complete inability to be in danger and actually have some sort of risk factor.  For some people this was fine way to play and its these people who are raging the loudest.  But for others, a game with no risk is just not very interesting. 

I do want to say that you are 100% correct about energy leechers and scrambus units.  The energy drain is extremely high, I always felt this way.  But as someone mentioned they were put into place to counteract the immortal cheese of some frames, so perhaps now they can be toned down a bit.  Scrambus, on the other hand, I've no idea if they plan on doing anything different with them.  They have no visual indicator as to where their aura begins, and dropping you out of hysteria suddenly (and they move quite fast too) can be a serious danger if you have accumulated a lot of damage stores.  Nullifiers aren't 'as bad' since if you are careful you can melee down the bubble most of the time.

Just now, NightBlitz said:

news flash: she always stored up dmg she took while in hysteria and took a portion of it when she left hysteria and was too close to enemies

I didn't say anything about that damage. 

her other skills work just fine

B****sht. Her one (one) literally usefull in a combat skill is supposed to be an aura similar to equinox's peaceful provocation i.e at the very least slows all enemies in range if not grant you damage reduction, not just enemies that around when you activate it. Then we'll talk about how is that other abilities are usefull.  

2 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

This video was made before this update. Two. I don't have most of these mods. Blind rage, rage. Primed continuity, or eternal war. 

Wait wait wait, you don't have rage?

On a VALKYR?

That's, like, one of the most essential mods for her ever!

Next you're going to tell me you don't have Steel Fiber...

This was meant as a joke plz don't hurt me :_(

1 minute ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

B****sht. Her one (one) literally usefull in a combat skill is supposed to be an aura similar to equinox's peaceful provocation i.e at the very least slows all enemies in range if not grant you damage reduction, not just enemies that around when you activate it. Then we'll talk about how is that other abilities are usefull.  

But... Warcry IS useful... speeds up you and any ally melee attack speed by x and slows down enemys by y.

1 minute ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

On a VALKYR?

Next you're going to tell me you don't have Steel Fiber...

Uhh... friend. I have never used Rage on ANY Warframe aside from Inaros. Rage is Playstyle. Optional, while Vitality and Steel Fibre... not so much.

3 hours ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

All I want is for Valkyr's ability to go back to what it used to be

No, thanks, It was OP, and its still OP, but not that much as it was.

We need to take out all abilities that makes you immortality. Trinity got nerf on blessing, Valkyr still can be immortal.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Just now, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Okay then.

You have officially given me an excuse to keep rage on my Limbo and Nova.

'Cuz, you know, playstyle and all.

Well yeah. There's no set rules as to what you must have on a Frame, although there are the essentials. As long as it works for you, go for it.

4 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

On a VALKYR?

Yep it's such a crazy thing that different builds exist. I'll even dare say, majority don't use eternal war because that speed increase while in 4 was redundant and makes people move too fast at times, leading to mistakes like accidently hitting the null's bubble too close.

But... Warcry IS useful... speeds up you and any ally melee attack speed by x and slows down enemys by y.

You don't need to speed yourself up in hysteria for the reason above (not like "don't need" but you need it way more than when you use just a melee, so it's making it either hysteria or warcry). And it doesn't slow anything, especially with eternal war. You kill the first bunch of enemies and you won't see that slow effect for the rest of the mission, most likely. 

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

The big suicide bubble makes her unfun, not more challenging. It should still be moddable. The could even up her energy drain even more.

Did the proxy survival with her and had the problem of many small tilesets . Spend a lot of time finding a spot to turn off hysteria. Running away and hiding is not a mechanic I see myself more challenging, it is more of a turn off.

On the one hand they want you not to run in hysteria all the time, on the other hand they punish you if you want out of hysteria. They should completely rework her abilities to make her more challenging yet still be fun to play. Valkyr is still press 4 to win, yet just more frustrating and not more fun.