Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to use Shade Effectivly?

Tortolonch

Question

12 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you don't. you have no control over how it functions. the Stealth will flip on and off based on Enemy proximity.

Stealth Doge is a lot more reliable than Shade.

I agree on the kubrow is better than the shade,

I personally just use it on Stealth frame like ivara, loki that usually works well if you ran out of energy. But if you want it to be invisible effectively, Arcane Trickery might be a good choice to be invisible since everytime you are about to ran out of energy, you can just use ivara's sleep arrow to make enemy fall into sleep and do a stealth kill, where you may have a 10% chance to become invisible on every finisher.

My main reason for not having a Kubrow is that I doubt I'll be able to keep it alive and I've heard that they're a bit of a hassle in the beginning.

To rephrase my question, I'd just like a bit of help as to some mods I should try to find. The invisibility is a nice bonus as I like to solo every once in a while, but I don't mind letting it go guns blazing.

44 minutes ago, Tortolonch said:

To rephrase my question, I'd just like a bit of help as to some mods I should try to find. The invisibility is a nice bonus as I like to solo every once in a while, but I don't mind letting it go guns blazing.

Shade is mostly a mobile perk platform, so go for mods that improve your QOL. Stuff like Animal instinct (radar), Sanctuary (shield when reviving), Guardian (shield restore) Coolant Leak (slows nearby enemies) and Medi-Ray (health restore). 

If you want guns blazing, you got the wrong sentinel. Shade only reacts to enemy fire on you. I'd recommend Diriga or Wyrm as more offensive sentinels.

Edited by Duavey
Edit: Weird format
  • Like 1

Ghost will provide you some cover when you are hacking console and someone enters the room and you are not invisible already. And that's it.

I use it on Ivara for spy missions as it is the only sentinel that doesn't go rampage as soon as it sees any threat (thanks to his Revenge percept). Pair him with Vulklok (Diriga's weapon) equipped with Hush mod and it will one-shot everything that dares open fire at you.

Shade is for making it safer when you activate Life Support, hack consoles, revive teammates, or get knocked down by enemies. It's not for pretending you're some kind of ghetto Loki/Ash/Ivara.

The number of times Shade has saved my life and the lives of my teammates (by cloaking me as I revive them) is frankly ridiculous.

Take its weapon and attack precept off. Use a lower rank Ghost (I use Rank 2). Ghost goes in the first slot, then Sanctuary, Guardian, Medi-Ray and finally Regen. Fill the gaps with health/shield mods and Animal Instinct.

Shade's best perk is that it's the only companion that won't go picking fights. Great for Spy, or when you're trying to level up a particular weapon. Ghost is decent, and can save you in a pinch, but its reliability is questionable, especially if all of the enemies nearby decide to drop dead from a teammate's gunfire.

Edited by KirukaChan

Shade is my favorite sentinel to use when I play as Limbo. They're a perfect compliment to each other. You can hang out in the rift while you wait a couple of seconds for Shade's invisibility to kick in. Once it does you can simple exit the rift and do what you need to do (life support, hack console, revive, etc). Limbo takes away some of the uncertainly about the timing of Shade and Shade gives Limbo that needed survivability when leaving the rift that he needs. They're great together.

• Like 1