Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best weapons in Warframe???

(PSN)jFresh215

Question

This is a question that I see in the forms every day. It's a question that is often answered with just a few weapon choices that are widely considered the best. 

I've gone through my own arsenal and compiled a list of 20+ weapons for each category(primary, secondary and melee) as well as broken each category into sub categories so players can see effective weapons that fit their play style. This is obviously not a comprehensive list and should be taken at face value. These are not all of the effective weapons just most of the ones that I would suggest to someone to use. If you think a weapon should be on the list just post it below, no need to make this topic about fighting over the gear in game. Enjoy :smile: 

Primary:

Rifles:

Automatic:

Boltor Prime

Soma Prime

Prisma Grakata

Braton Prime

Semi Auto:

Latron Prime

Latron Wraith

Grinlok

Burst Fire:

(Dex) Sybaris

Burston Prime

Harpak

AOE:

Tonkor

Synoid Simulor

Secura Penta

Beam/Continuous:

Amprex

Quanta Vandal

Ignis

Phage

Shotguns:

Sancti Tigris

Vaykor Hek

Hek

Snipers:

Vulkar Wraith

Snipetron Vandal

Rubico

Bows:

Rakta Cernos

Dread

Paris Prime

Secondary:                       

Single Pistol:

Automatic:

Furis

Azima

Pyrana

Semi Auto:

Brakk

Lex Prime

Veykor Marelok

Marelok

Vasto Prime

Burst:

Sicuras Prime

Kraken

Rakta Ballistica 

Dual Pistol:

Automatic:

Aksomati

Akstilletto Prime

Twin Grakata

Wraith Twin Vipers

Semi Auto:

Akmagnus

Akjagara

Akbronco Prime

Telos Akbolto

Thrown:

Spira Prime

Despair

Hikou Prime

AOE:

Sonicor

Staticor

Kulstar

Beam/Continuous:

Atomos

Embolist

Nukor

Melee:

Heavy:

War

Scindo Prime

Jat Kittag

Fragor Prime

Galatine

Polearms:

Lesion

Tipedo

Orthos Prime

Scythes:

Hate

Reaper Prime

Anku

Dual Blade:

Dual Ichor

Dual Kamas Prime

Prisma Dual Cleavers

Dex Dakra

Single Blade:

Nikana Prime

Broken War

Dakra Prime

Dragon Nikana

Prisma Skana

Daggers

Karyst

Dark Dagger

Ceramic Dagger

Fang Prime

Fist/Sparring:

Tekko

Venka

Ripkas

Kogake

Whips/Blade&Whip:

Mios

Atterax

Scoliac

Thrown/Shot: 

Redeemer

Cerata

Glaive Prime

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215
Finished the list

23 answers to this question

The Red Veil set (w/ Dark dagger) should be on the list.

Also the Karak Wraith is an amazing rifle. Not comparable to a Soma p, but works fine with mobs as high as sortie 3. Not recommended if you're going further than that.

Secondaries: Burst: Rakta Ballistica

Primary: Shotguns: Drakgoon, maybe Sobek

When you get to adding melee weapons: Redeemer should definately be on the list. Melee is a difficult category though, because it has so many different subcategories (dual weapons, thrown weapons, heavy blades, one-handed blades, daggers, whips...)

11 hours ago, Pansai said:

Stealth: Loki (invis build) & Karyst (Covert Lethality) & Prisma Shade (w/o weapon) / if I want to bring anything else: Paris Prime & Rakta Ballistica

I'd love to read your input on these and your suggestions... always eager to learn.

Awesome post, only flaw I find is Rakta on Stealth, those Syn procs will alert everything. And I'd say Ivara would be better as they can't deny you the finisher while sleeping, can stealth finish groups and no sudden turning leading to bad stabs and bumping, etc... x) Not putting Loki down.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Keep in mind that, besides it being undeniable that there are better weapons than others (refer to Pansai post), keep in mind the strongest weapon of them all is the Player.

A weaker weapon on an experienced player will perform better than the best weapon in the hands of a inexperienced one. Just adding :P

34 minutes ago, Manyc said:

Keep in mind that, besides it being undeniable that there are better weapons than others (refer to Pansai post), keep in mind the strongest weapon of them all is the Player.

A weaker weapon on an experienced player will perform better than the best weapon in the hands of a inexperienced one. Just adding :P

As I added at the beginning of the post; "This is obviously not a comprehensive list and should be taken at face value. These are not all of the effective weapons just most of the ones that I would suggest to someone to use." Most of the weapons that I posted are ones that I myself have extensive knowledge of and playtime with. There are way more weapons that can get the job done but I can't recommend a weapon I don't feel I've mastered.

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

2 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

If I was gonna go covert lethality, I would use the ceramic dagger. It's the fastest dagger, making it the best to use for the combo. 

Thanx... back when I chose that, I went looking for a dagger with max dmg (so I could still kill if the stealth attack failed). But I'll try out the ceramic dagger.

[Update] Quickly put together a Speed build including Quickening. I'm curious if that affects the stealth attack at all.

Edited by Pansai

13 hours ago, Manyc said:

Awesome post, only flaw I find is Rakta on Stealth, those Syn procs will alert everything.

Thanx. I use the build mostly for solo Spy missions with an endless invis Loki. The Primary and Secondary is just for having fun or if I get visible for some reason. But you're definitely right about the Syn procs... shouldn't use the Rakta if you're really playing stealthy. And in that case, I'd use Ivara as well.

I'll change my list accordingly.

Edited by Pansai

14 hours ago, Pansai said:

Corpus
Synoid Simulor, Vaykor Marelok and Amphis / all modded for max Magnetic + Impact / the Amphis chosen for Speed + Electric status

I would suggest modding these weapons for pure toxin damage against the corpus or at least as much toxin as possible as it ignores shields completely. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

I would suggest modding these weapons for pure toxin damage against the corpus or at least as much toxin as possible as it ignores shields completely. 

I will certainly give that a try in the next Corpus Sortie.

But I'm really satisfied (and still surprised) how effective the Amphis build turned out to be.

I'm using Loki P with Orthos P for survival at the moment. Neither are built to perfection yet but my first venture into a T2 Survival was a comfortable one. My next steps are to mod my Tonkor and gather the required Orokin Cells to build Nikana P. Thus far the Tonkor hasn't impressed me as I feel I am better suited to a shoot and move primary. At present I am only using my Orthos which in a long survival is tough on the fingers.

I'd include MK-1 Braton, Lato and skana. They are best at providing fun in missions. They are fun to shoot, not OP when maxed and can be played with if you want some challenge.

Otherwise you are including way too many weapons and with 3 weapons per each sub-type it's way too many. You can cut half the list for being above average. eg. Harpak an Grinlok are only above average. Dakra Prime and Broken War shouldn't be there when they have similar build pattern with BW just having better stats. Including Scoliac but not Lacera? Karyst and Fang Prime aren't even worth building becuase of DD an CD outperforming them by a huge margin. Including both Venka and Ripkas? Why? Sicarus Prime and Kraken are mediocre at best.

Why not just put all the weapons in game by class? It's less about best weapons and more about sub-par or better weapon listing. I am sure if you max out any of all the weapons in game it could kill something, but that doesn't mean all weapons belong in a list of best weapons.

Edited by Zyrgi

you have way too many melee weapons listed imo, that section is not too useful in this form... you could have posted the best 100 weapons

there are some weapons on your list i haven't try (yet), so i have no opinion on those, but you pretty much listed my top-tier choices. well, except the synoid gammacor. it is at least on par with the nukor, even after the nerf

A great list of powerful weapons that in my opinion result only in "wasting" resources of newer players. No doubt most (all?) of that weapons deal a massive damage in short time and can be used on variety of mission across all factions. Assuming you put there potato, a few formas and have some rare mods (be it corrupted, nightmare or event ones). And most importantly knowledge WHY this weapon is any good and HOW to mod it.

An example: Hek. (putting syndicate weapons as recommendation for newer players is just meh...). Great weapon against Greneer, right? Yes it is. But you need corrosive damage on it that is hard to obtain on shotgun early. You also really want syndicate mod, Seeking Fury (nightmare) and Breach Loader (event) or at least Accelerated Blast (nightmare). The most common element combination for shotgun will give you blast that is NOT that effective against Grineer.

Another example: Lex Prime. Still great weapon that can one-shot anything on Ceres. If you have Hydraulic Crosshairs (event or Orokin Moon Spy) and you know to mod it for high crit chance and damage. And you are good at headshots across the room. Also you absolutely need at least a 2 or 3 formas to put all essential mods there.

Yes, even a new player can obtain all of those mods early by trading, but that's not the point. The point is most of them seek a good all-rounder worth putting the very first and only potato and a dry list of weapon names doesn't help at all. It may waste a potato without any increase of performance.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek

17 hours ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

If I was gonna go covert lethality, I would use the ceramic dagger. It's the fastest dagger, making it the best to use for the combo. 

Finishers make you invincible. Faster animations=Less time invincible. Go dark dagger with the augment for the viral and energy

I was rotating between Hek and Synoid Simulor until Baro brought Quanta Vandal (I missed the event when it dropped...rather I had no idea about what the heck I was doing in the game at the time.  Four formas later it is my go to primary 90% of the time.  Secondary rotates between the Rakta Ballistica and Vaykor Marelok depending on which frame I'm on and activity we're doing.  Melee...it rotates (Scindo prime, Orthos prime, Nikana prime, Jat Kittag, or Broken War)  I haven't found one I am in love with just yet.