Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synergy [OOC, rules, questions, and miscellany]

Yzjdriel

9 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Wraiths and Oro-keepers have a set power level.

I would remind you that as much as I RP characters I am the GM. Telling me how powerful my OC characters will be will not be tolerated. 

I don't need to involve the Wraiths or Oro-keepers to enforce anything. There are many Tenno in Phenix allied with the Council. Many already established character who, together, could easily enforce any decisions made by the Council. Especially since said council is, in verse, the ruling party if the Tenno.

If you don't want combat then it your reaction should not be provoking characters and trying to portray yourself as beyond their influence.

Tl:dr

there are plenty of people doing fine here, because they respect the other characters and lore. Do that and you'll be fine.

If anyone has any lore questions ask me.

Noted!, you have my thanks Rakwan!

Tho I do have to ask, whuold that same goes for everyone else on their own respect?, by telling how OP their own Toon is will not be tolerated  as well?, As while in the past I can see how offending that can be, or I guess rude? is the right way, due to it just not feel right? (Im unsure on that). However it is good to see everyone has their own power level, to stupid idiots from like you said: "Hi I'm alad V, boom-headshot".

Tho I do have to ask, if someone does feel that something maybe too "Powerful" and wish to speek up whuold that be respected?, as it whuold seem unfair to not only yourself, but for others as well. My apologies if I've started something, I just became a little paranoid of what might happen, with ways things unfold. As I wish to keep my Toon's alive unless I say so :D.

I;ll be happy to do such, and with what been going on it has been, I just wanted a little heads up, from you what might or might not be accepted, so thank you, for roosting that out, your a big help Rak!.

Tho, now I am tempted to make a Toon, that you can kill, for the giggles..XD

2 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Noted!, you have my thanks Rakwan!

Tho I do have to ask, whuold that same goes for everyone else on their own respect?, by telling how OP their own Toon is will not be tolerated  as well?, As while in the past I can see how offending that can be, or I guess rude? is the right way, due to it just not feel right? (Im unsure on that). However it is good to see everyone has their own power level, to stupid idiots from like you said: "Hi I'm alad V, boom-headshot".

Tho I do have to ask, if someone does feel that something maybe too "Powerful" and wish to speek up whuold that be respected?, as it whuold seem unfair to not only yourself, but for others as well. My apologies if I've started something, I just became a little paranoid of what might happen, with ways things unfold. As I wish to keep my Toon's alive unless I say so :D.

I;ll be happy to do such, and with what been going on it has been, I just wanted a little heads up, from you what might or might not be accepted, so thank you, for roosting that out, your a big help Rak!.

Tho, now I am tempted to make a Toon, that you can kill, for the giggles..XD

That is why I ask for people to talk to me before making unique characters. The power level of normal tenno is already somewhat established. 

Wraiths are nothing more than the Tenno special forces. The "best of the best" so to speak. Comparing them to a normal Tenno is like comparing a standard infantryman to a Russian special forces operative. Both are human, both can be killed, but one is going to simply possess a better reputation and skillset than the other.

I try to avoid proving power by fights, so your character is safe as long as they don't deliberately provoke combat. Killing another Tenno would be a black mark on any Phenix residents record. 

If a character, besides an Oro-keeper, feels OP please point it out here. However it may be disregarded if that power is necessary to plot reasons. Same for others OC's, at GM discretion.

Mostly I go by a rule one of my friends set up for his PAthfinder campaign. The more powerful the thing, the better the story you need to have as to why you have it.

These rules apply to everyone. If someone is trying to alpha dog another player that will not be tolerated unless both parties agree to it. And even then shenanigans will be watched. No "bringing a gun to a knife fight" or "eleventh hour superpowers" pulled out from nowhere. 

TL:DR

Power levels and other things are at GM discretion. I enjoy a good story as much as the next guy. Take that how you will.

3 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Russian special forces operative

You overhyping them. As an actual Ukrainian, I can confirm that during the year 2014 their glorious "spec ops" died in packs near the Donetsk airport

Just now, Teloch said:

You overhyping them. As an actual Ukrainian, I can confirm that during the year 2014 their glorious "spec ops" died in packs near the Donetsk airport

I meant the stereotypical view of them. The American stereotype seen in movies. The merciless, highly trained, implaccable killer. 

Don't know why its always Russia, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Stories about Russian Spec Ops are notorious. 

For a better comparison.

Seal Team Six to National Guard.

The Wraiths are Tenno who embody the perfect Assasins, and black ops operatives. Their presence as security on Phenix is due to the lack of other groups. Now that there are more security groups their presence is more due to the fact that no one wants to tell them they're fired, and need to go back to their old job. 

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Also how is the situation in Ukraine? News doesn't cover it very much.

Then again news stopped covering Katrina aftermatch four years before it was anywhere near repaired, so news coverage isn't an accurate representation of stage of events.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

I meant the stereotypical view of them. The American stereotype seen in movies. The merciless, highly trained, implaccable killer. 

Don't know why its always Russia, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Stories about Russian Spec Ops are notorious. 

For a better comparison.

Seal Team Six to National Guard.

The Wraiths are Tenno who embody the perfect Assasins, and black ops operatives. Their presence as security on Phenix is due to the lack of other groups. Now that there are more security groups their presence is more due to the fact that no one wants to tell them they're fired, and need to go back to their old job. 

The cultural heritage of the cold war era :D

Just now, Rakawan said:

Also how is the situation in Ukraine? News doesn't cover it very much.

Then again news stopped covering Katrina aftermatch four years before it was anywhere near repaired, so news coverage isn't an accurate representation of stage of events.

Foul

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

That is why I ask for people to talk to me before making unique characters. The power level of normal tenno is already somewhat established. 

Wraiths are nothing more than the Tenno special forces. The "best of the best" so to speak. Comparing them to a normal Tenno is like comparing a standard infantryman to a Russian special forces operative. Both are human, both can be killed, but one is going to simply possess a better reputation and skillset than the other.

I try to avoid proving power by fights, so your character is safe as long as they don't deliberately provoke combat. Killing another Tenno would be a black mark on any Phenix residents record. 

If a character, besides an Oro-keeper, feels OP please point it out here. However it may be disregarded if that power is necessary to plot reasons. Same for others OC's, at GM discretion.

Mostly I go by a rule one of my friends set up for his PAthfinder campaign. The more powerful the thing, the better the story you need to have as to why you have it.

Noted, thank you Rak!, back to RP!

1 hour ago, LegionCynex said:

(( I love your name Yz)

Lol ikr so impossible to pronounce or spell

((Yzjdriel (ZID RE L) is usually shortened to Zid.  ;)

I know it's impossible to pronounce without a note from me, so don't feel bad about assuming the Y isn't silent XP))

10 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Small Question: Do Tenno HAVE TO use a Ship/Arcwing in order to enter the station?/Planet?, can they not come in another way?: Like a Inrous coming from the Air, from a Sandstrom. Or a Nova Teleporting in? or a Nyx?

Those methods don't sound like they could cover hundreds of light years... in time

Sorry I haven't said much lately, ended up unconscious for two days from a head cold. Was also waiting for a reaction from the group so I don't keep makeing endless tirades, but, eh, what can ye do?

My apologies as well, I've been digging ditches and slopping on tar and mortar for the past week; by the time I get home I have roughly enough energy left to eat, talk to my boyfriend and go to sleep. Should be able to do some thing tonight, but I can't promise much else until the weekend. Just assume nox to be following the group like a silent goul. I give permission to rakawon to post on my behalf should the absolute need arise.