The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Experiencing outright awful performance as of late

IEpicWolfI

On 7/9/2016 at 0:45 PM, breaksequence said:

I had this problem as well on my main rig.  As a stop-gap fix, try switching from fullscreen to windowed and then back again in the in-game options menu.  That (temporarily) alleviates it for me.  I suspect it's an Nvidia driver bug of some kind, as I'm getting no such issues on my Macbook Pro with Iris graphics.

I also think it is an Nvidia driver issue. GPU boost isn't even taking effect and i'm getting near idle temperatures. Maybe the driver isn't even detecting that the game is running?

EDIT: After running a couple missions, I never witnessed my GPU load go over 20% and I was playing in slideshow mode. (20-30 FPS)

EDIT2: Switching to DX10 mode from the launcher black screens and hangs the entire system after around 30 min of gameplay. Great.

EDIT3: Rolling back to 368.39 WHQL and installing my old GTX 760 fixes every issue i've had except for the resolution reseting every time the game is launched.

Edited by Asparizan
info

6 hours ago, m4xwellmurd3r said:

Your issue is NOT your hardware. it sounds like a driver issue.

I basically have the SAME SETUP as you,but with a slower SSD, with slower ram, and an i5 6600k@4.7ghz vs your 6700k (what clock speed?) my GTX 970 is clocked at 1500mhz (what's yours?) and at 1440p I can pin the game at 120fps with drops no less than 100fps. (edit: in fact, after a couple minutes into my survival run the frame rates stabalized and stayed at a steady 120fps so the game was probably loading assets when I saw the initial drops)

That's including having PhysX enabled

What Nvidia driver version do you have? I have version 361.91 (I haven't updated in a while cause I have no reason to, all my games run perfect with this version)

I only run a slight overclock CPU at 4.4ghz, GPU at 1400mhz. I'm using Nvidia 364.72.

Video drivers are usually the only thing I go out of my way to update unless there's a problem. But this drop in FPS started when they did the lightning overhaul and I hadn't changed drivers recently, it also started on my older i7 940 system though it's much more noticeable on that rig.

Like I said it doesn't happen often I actually haven't seen it in a week so it's possible they fixed it. But I wouldn't give this game  "the best optimized current gen PC game". I've had crashes over the past 3 years and the chat has always locked up if you hang out in trade for too long and there was this VERY rare Hard lock that the game has done over the past 2 years as well. It's had all these problems on 3 separate computers with 3 separate video cards. A hard lock is serious so I check into it. I run memtests, hard drive full scans, stress tests on CPU and GPU, even PSU voltage/amp checks. No problems outside the game. Since many of the same problems persistent on 3 rigs with 2 different OS makes me think the problem isn't on my side.

Oh and I don't know if this still exists but I was unable to run fullscreen and tab out of the game for a while, I'd come back to black screen and have to force the program closed. I run windowed in everything these days so dunno if it still does that.

The game is better than most F2P but it's still got some problems.

I'm able to tab out fine. Sometimes it'll give a black screen (1 in 50-100 times) but that just requires tabbing back to the desktop and going back into the game to fix it.

You definitely have to have some sort of driver issue or game install issue. I have had the game lock where I can't do anything because the UI stops responding (but not a hard lock where it flat out freezes)

Maybe the game could use a fresh install?

6 hours ago, m4xwellmurd3r said:

I'm able to tab out fine. Sometimes it'll give a black screen (1 in 50-100 times) but that just requires tabbing back to the desktop and going back into the game to fix it.

You definitely have to have some sort of driver issue or game install issue. I have had the game lock where I can't do anything because the UI stops responding (but not a hard lock where it flat out freezes)

Maybe the game could use a fresh install?

I tried a fresh install a few times on my i7 940 rig, I used it for like 5 years and I usually reinstall Windows every year or 2  to keep it fresh. I keep the OS on it's own partition so it's not a big deal. That system hard locked maybe 6 times total in 5 years of heavy use, 5 times was playing Warframe the other was NWO, another F2P game that had god awful optimization.

My newer rig is only 5 months old and hard locked once so far.... playing Warframe. Different MB, CPU, GPU, OS, Drivers, 3rd Party, Everything. I even watched my temps closer cuz it's a band new system and all.

When I tabed to black I couldn't get the game to re-init display no matter how much I tabed back and forth. I just had to close and run it again. That was on a GTX 660 SLi. so possibly an SLi thing. I ran into problems with SLi a few times, why I just went solo card and prolly will from now on. The power bill alone...

I have about 2,200 hours clocked in this game so I mean... The hard lock is not common by any means but so far nothing else has locked this system.

On 2016/7/9 at 11:40 AM, -GV--Mazzuco said:

I'm facing a similar problem with my GTX 660m. I was able to run at solid 60fps before the update. Now I'm having a lot of drops. fps drops to 40 while waiting on portal room on Void Sabotage mission and a lot of micro sttutering. I didn't update any driver since before the update.

I also have but the same problem but with a lower spec GT930M

On your i7 setup try the nvidia driver i listed. Also, it might be worth it to delete the game folder and reinstall from scratch to make sure theres no chance of having junk files. Your system should easily run the game near 200fps at 1080p and 120fps at 1440p

I could see sli causing issues. I had issues years ago with crossfire. Single gpu ftw.

I havent had any hard locks with my pc that werent caused by me overclocking too much. Have a weird issue where once a month or so my system will suddenly trigger the mobo pc speaker with a flat tone and i have to shut it down to make it stop. Its a glitch for sure since i have no alarms set.

I have a powerful PC and I run the game in Full windowed mode at pretty much full max everything.

I used to have as butter-smooth 144 FPS in almost all areas with occasional dips and stutters in some big Corpus maps, which I thought were just poorly optimized.

Now however, my FPS dips and stutters in many maps, and in the star map when zooming into planets. I can feel a significant degradation in performance compared to how it was before SotR. Also Updating to the latest drivers did not help.

PC Specs: i7-4790K @ 4.4 Ghz |  980Ti @ 6 GB | 16GB RAM @ 2400 Mhz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD | BenQ 2430T 1080p

Edited by Hadronox

On 12.6.2016 at 1:48 PM, IEpicWolfI said:

Since Hotfix 18.14, I've been experiencing prolonged times of downright awful performance while in game. I usually play the game maxed, pretty much never dropping below 60fps no matter what's going on on the screen, but since Hotfix 18.14 on wards, I've been experiencing instances of the frame rate dropping to ~20fps, from few seconds to even few minutes.

I should've found this thread sooner.. I didn't know the exact time since when I'm experiencing the exact same issues but around 18.14 makes sense time-wise. When I checked my CPU load, I found it's actually decreasing while those drops occur. The only thing that I think helped me to reduce the frequency of those drops was to close stuff like Firefox or other poorly optimised software (like the Battle.net launcher, hah...) but due to those totally inconsistent occurences, it could be very well just my subjective perception.

The drops themselves make no sense as they're not bound to actually more demanding parts of the game and just happen randomly. I found that tabbing out and back in temporarily fixes the current drop but unfortunately more often than not, it won't last long...

I only played on up to medium settings because I prioritise performance over graphics and since then I've constantly reduced everything until I reached the absolute lowest settings possible to increase the ability to actually do something during those drops (the mouse trails behind so badly otherwise). The 'ironic' thing is they sometimes just don't happen for hours only to return as frequent as ever whensoever. Sadly, I couldn't find any direct factors to link the problem to yet (like certain tilesets, public games or something along those lines).

On 8.7.2016 at 10:13 PM, FlyingLlama said:

We should start compiling a list, i can almost promise that anyone getting abnormally low FPS now is using a 900-series GTX card, most likely on windows 8/10.

What if I told you I play on Windows 7 and a i5 4460 without any graphics card whatsoever? D:

And yes, I was able to play the game at high enough FPS rates (50 to 90 or something) before these problems occured. I still can whenever I get 'lucky'.

I'm Not sure what it is,or if it Fps related,and i can't get answers anywhere,but since the last update i'm crashing every 5 Minutes or so, and i tried everything, lowered all the recommended settings performance related , My graphic card is up to date, and i just keep crashing, 4 in 5 i get crash, 5 in 5 if i'm in squad, is someone experiencing something like it? or did someone have any idea of how can i fix this? Because my warframe was just fine with the Specters of the Rail Release, and after the first hotfix this happens, and would like experience the new content with my clan and friends like most of players are doing right now,and i'm limited to 5 Minutes sessions, and unable to get 1 answer about it. 

4 hours ago, -Bv-Baba-Yega said:

I'm Not sure what it is,or if it Fps related,and i can't get answers anywhere,but since the last update i'm crashing every 5 Minutes or so, and i tried everything, lowered all the recommended settings performance related , My graphic card is up to date, and i just keep crashing, 4 in 5 i get crash, 5 in 5 if i'm in squad, is someone experiencing something like it? or did someone have any idea of how can i fix this? Because my warframe was just fine with the Specters of the Rail Release, and after the first hotfix this happens, and would like experience the new content with my clan and friends like most of players are doing right now,and i'm limited to 5 Minutes sessions, and unable to get 1 answer about it. 

Sadly, I as well have no knowledge about such an instability and the only advice I could give is the usual try to verify the game cache in the launcher :/

On 7/8/2016 at 5:54 PM, m4xwellmurd3r said:

That makes no sense. I have an i6 6600k, 16gb of DDR4 2600 (overclocked to 3000), and a GTX 970 OC'ed to 1500mhz installed on a mushkin eco 2 SSD and at 1440p with all settings cranked I get 120fps 100% of the time with only the normal fluctuation of a few fps. My GPU is only loaded to like, 70%. I have the game set to run on DX11.

I haven't tried it since SotR dropped but I'm sure performance will be the same for me.

I'm on windows 10

My point exactly; that cpu should be nowhere near 70%. I have an i3-2100 on my desktop, and it idles at 1-5% running warframe, skype and a browser. This is a pretty well-known issue to people who do any sort of performance-related tech support or spend time on related forums.

Well fix my issue. Come to find out that elgato resetted certain setting after update it had and was pull all its power from teh cpu which cause Warframe and elgato to fight over, so now i can stream ya ^^d . And yes it may be an issue with nvidia cards i guess.

50 minutes ago, FlyingLlama said:

My point exactly; that cpu should be nowhere near 70%. I have an i3-2100 on my desktop, and it idles at 1-5% running warframe, skype and a browser. This is a pretty well-known issue to people who do any sort of performance-related tech support or spend time on related forums.

I think he was talking GPU load, though and not CPU.

2 hours ago, rngd444 said:

I think he was talking GPU load, though and not CPU.

Yeah, I'm talking about GPU load.

also, are all of you playing at 1080p? Cause my FPS is based off me playing at 1440p. At 1080p it will run at 200fps but dips to 140fps during really heavy survival runs. 1440p is perfect at 120fps. It definintely pegs my around 90%+ during heavy gameplay with other people though, which is to be expected considering I'm playing at 120fps lol. Obviously CPU usage would drop in half if I dropped the framerate to 60.

2 hours ago, m4xwellmurd3r said:

Yeah, I'm talking about GPU load.

also, are all of you playing at 1080p? Cause my FPS is based off me playing at 1440p. At 1080p it will run at 200fps but dips to 140fps during really heavy survival runs. 1440p is perfect at 120fps. It definintely pegs my around 90%+ during heavy gameplay with other people though, which is to be expected considering I'm playing at 120fps lol. Obviously CPU usage would drop in half if I dropped the framerate to 60.

I'm at 720p due to integrated graphics ='D

3 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

You aren't the only one. For me, this is fairly common after a large and/or major update. It usually gets ironed out within the first week or two.

May your words be true, brother. I'm having severe FPS drops in any grineer mission, especially in ceres.

I have no idea why, but I have been getting horrible FPS lately. I usually play at max settings with a steady FPS of about 60-120+ but lately, I have been getting drops down to 30-40 most of the time, with the fps hanging barely above 50. Hopefully, this can be fixed. I'm using an OC R9 Tri-x 290 (AMD) with an i5 CPU and 6GB of DDR3 ram.