Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Event Mod Aquisition

duhadventure

The game is already releasing all events mods on Baro Ki Teer and someone find a way to complain about that ? The trade channel is already going bad since Slash and Puncture came back , except Frost and Ember there is no more big big values .. I hope DE isn't releasing these Shadow Debt mods before a while because if this game is piece of art ,  the trade channel is a part of that success , where many players like me are going to relax but also stay on the game at the same time , playing with virtual money .. If a mod is rare and you really want it there is 2 way : bought some plat or just go farm and sell some  .. If you can't afford amounts people are asking that is because you don't have understand the farming system or just you are probably too lazy to go farm . In all the way Warfame is a game of time and if you were able to get events mods so easily just by redoing quests from the codex what will you buy on the trade channel ? DE is already offering the game as a free to play , don't ask them to give you the best stuff for free , i hate that selfish opinion you have from how the game should work . And most of all mods in game can get an use , common or not there are rare items , im talking about aviator :thumpsup: . 

58 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Are you serious? They go for that much now?

Hoooly Booben that is a lot.

just watching the titles makes me go "no, thanks, I'd rather keep waiting for are-release"

just a small part of the results from PC trading post. not sure if there aremore expensive ones there.

17 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

just watching the titles makes me go "no, thanks, I'd rather keep waiting for are-release"

Reveal hidden contents

just a small part of the results from PC trading post. not sure if there aremore expensive ones there.

50k non-negotiable. Thats a funny joke.

On 6/12/2016 at 2:54 PM, duhadventure said:

If you are going to argue and say "they should know better", no they don't, because they are new and don't know that event mods take a long time to be added to drop tables. 

Um well yes, they do. Actually they have NO REASON to believe they will ever be added to the drop tables. Why would someone knew "know" they are ever added? As a new player starting with the Acolyte events, when you got say an Argon scope why would you sell it? if you got two and traded it for other event mods fine. If you got 2 and decided to sell one how would one determine the price? You seem to be saying a noob thinks these will be in the drop table when they have no reason to think this.

In fact if they try to determine if they will be available afterwards all they have to do is look in the wiki for other mods they might see that it took a long time for those to be added, and in fact some (like impact, slash, and puncture sets) had not been added to the drop tables or come to Baro as of the acolyte event which made it quite clear the mods were not available for long periods after events. 

On 6/12/2016 at 2:54 PM, duhadventure said:

"Rathuum's mods were available as a reward from the Kela boss fight. After the event, they stayed in the drop tables. This is how event mod drops should be handled, as it gives players an opportunity to farm the mods after the event if they missed it or sold their mods."

Uh ,no. This was not an "event" per se but a change to Kela. In an event, you are suggesting that the event always be permanent, that doing the event is worthless for the people doing it, because the mods will be easily buyable and farmable the very day have the event. No thank you. I missed all those early events and just got the impact/slash/puncture mods at Baro recently and that was fine. There should be some reward for doing the event itself and that reward is the mods you get that you can't get later, at least for 6 months or so.

Edited by Shockwave-

5 hours ago, BAD9eR said:

so basically op's argument is " I want the good stuff early waaaah!" such entitlement ! You want those rare mods ? FARM primes and then trade for em. Stop whining .

Entitlement? they didnt ask to be given them, only the chance to get them. I guess throwing entitlement around is the new thing kids do these days.

I actually agree somewhat with the OP, more so because some event mods are actually patches (blood rush and body count). You can say "oh just get plat and buy them" but you must then accept that they cost A LOT, because they are rare. Factor in the fact that DE balances around seasoned players who have these mods, and you create a gap between the haves and have nots. Funny that, because just like real life, those "haves" all claim everything is fine and people should just buckle down, interesting how these things play out.

6 minutes ago, Crowsworth said:

Factor in the fact that DE balances around seasoned players who have these mods, and you create a gap between the haves and have nots.

the entire starchart and up to 40min/waves into T4 can be cleared with ease without the use of the mods currently not in the drop tables. Sorties are an exception since you players were complaining that everything was too easy. DE doesnt balance things around lvl 80+. Its the players who do that. Sure Argon scope mught bring your 50k dps to 65k dps, but ask yourself honestly, do you really need 65k dps when you 1shot things without argon scope anyways. This is speaking from personal experience. I can clear sorties perfectly fine without the use of the new event mods. Your old builds worked perfectly fine, its not like the enemies got stronger once the mods were added.

The point of an event is to introduce time limited goodies that would be difficult or impossble to get otherwise. Theres no point to farming the event if you know that the mods you farmed for are only going to be added into the drop tables a few weeks later. 

14 hours ago, peggisan said:

the entire starchart and up to 40min/waves into T4 can be cleared with ease without the use of the mods currently not in the drop tables. Sorties are an exception since you players were complaining that everything was too easy. DE doesnt balance things around lvl 80+. Its the players who do that. Sure Argon scope mught bring your 50k dps to 65k dps, but ask yourself honestly, do you really need 65k dps when you 1shot things without argon scope anyways. This is speaking from personal experience. I can clear sorties perfectly fine without the use of the new event mods. Your old builds worked perfectly fine, its not like the enemies got stronger once the mods were added.

The point of an event is to introduce time limited goodies that would be difficult or impossble to get otherwise. Theres no point to farming the event if you know that the mods you farmed for are only going to be added into the drop tables a few weeks later. 

First off, I never said anything was too easy, but I assume you meant "you" in the royal sense so I will let that slide.

I find it very interesting that that people only value things if they are assured that others will not be able to get them. I know it isnt new, thats how the world works and has done since before we came to the table. But still, why is it that the value of something is in its rarity, not its use or effectiveness. I would assume you farmed an event because you enjoyed it, or you wanted to grab them now. It could be the case that you farmed the event, because at a later date it does to RNG Hell and you would rather avoid that (say farming a rare enemy type for drops.)

The main argument I see for timed exclusives is "I dont want others to have it, because I have it". I suppose its just strange seeing greed showing its face in a game, but maybe I am foolish for assuming a game wouldn't mimic typical human actions.

Edited by Crowsworth

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:20 PM, Souldend78 said:

Until a month ago I never owned any Primed mods.

Didn't interrupted my gameplay, even though they have been released for quite some time.

Makes me wonder how any other player managed before any of those mods even existed.../s

dread, despair, and hate xD

Just now, Souldend78 said:

lmao, seems we have more of them now.....

You mean the weapons?!?!?! /shootsfired

yea if you had any type of bow or kunai type weapon you were seen as badass now they are super common

As a fairly new player who started 3 or 4 months ago I really don't have an issue with event mods. I find I am generally interested to see what Baro has to offer each week and look forward to seeing event mods that are new to me recycled into events that pop up. I also don't feel like I'm locked out of any content due to the fact I do not have access to these mods. The trade market seems to be a fairly reasonable way to acquire most of these, with the exception of primed mods which are very difficult to consistently have the trade tax money on hand to acquire.

If anything, I'd have Baro appear more often with more reasonable ducat/credit costs and more frequent events. The only way to make good and rare mods available to all is to make them exceptionally rare, and judging by the amount of complaints simple things like a warframe chassis' or rare stance mods get on the forums I personally prefer the "not rare but rarely available" model to the "always available but totally RNG based" one.

I don't have any of the rare mods (except those from Vor but I wouldn't call them "rare")

It hasn't affected my playstyle and I don't feel I need them even in difficult missions. Maybe all those game-breaking mods (blood rush, body count, argon scope, etc.) should go away, so that all these tough guys who want more "challenge" would relearn to play the game.

On 6/14/2016 at 5:49 AM, Crowsworth said:

I actually agree somewhat with the OP, more so because some event mods are actually patches (blood rush and body count). You can say "oh just get plat and buy them" but you must then accept that they cost A LOT, because they are rare. Factor in the fact that DE balances around seasoned players who have these mods, and you create a gap between the haves and have nots. Funny that, because just like real life, those "haves" all claim everything is fine and people should just buckle down, interesting how these things play out.

Can I like this more than once? 
Pls? 

Also yes, the acquisition of body count (which was only really doable amidst the many other near mandatory things that cost a ton of plat because of copious amounts of time spent on warframe market) is what encouraged me to actually give melee a try. Holding the combo counter, as well as the TRIPLED DAMAGE take it from being "but my gun is safer... no" to actually having a reason to try melee both for effectiveness and enjoyment. 

Many event mods enable builds, or like body count, entire playstyles to a much greater degree. They absolutely should not be forever exclusive.