Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 8 Test Too Difficult

llls1cKb0ylll

Question

Hey guys

Just unlocked Mastery Rank 8 Test, been practicing for about 3hs and I cant even make it to the end. My major problem is that the jumping mechanics seems kinda random and I cant make the same jump twice without getting a different animation/range.

I play on PC with a xbox gamepad, made a Loki build with maxed Rush, Mobilize, Strech and Maglev.

Past tests been kinda easy but idk why they put this one with this high difficulty at a mid rank level. 

If anyone can give me some tips on how to pass it ill apreciate it.

Cheers

PS: Been playing for 2 weeks and I'm so pissed off right now that Im really thinking in just quiting. You play a game for entertainment, not to be pissed of about it.

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll

4 hours ago, Wopel said:

Right there is where your problem was. Mastery tests basically require you to know the basics of a specific part of the game. If you are unaware or don't use them (inept if you are being crass), you will have problems, like you did. The problem isn't with the game it was with your playstyle, having adjusted your playstyle you were able to get through it easily.

So, honestly, when it comes down to it. Where should the complaint be aimed? At DE for making it so people become aware and capable of using the "basics" of the game, or yourself for never trying to use the "basics" before this point? It was a failing on your end, not theirs right?

yea i wasn't aware of the bullet jumping aim thingy and tbh so far i never had to use it, anyway it's not explained properly, not in the test nor in the buttons config (on pc it doesn't even have full support for xbox gamepad)  maybe in the start tutorial which i skipped (since i already knew the basics cause i was a returning player).

so yea was my fault because i didn't know how to do the aimed bullet jump (uber noob here 2 weeks playing), still think this test needs some thinking, it was rebuilt once cause people was complaining about the vertical wall running mechanics not working properly so maybe they can take a look at it and at least give u some directions on screen in how to do it, for example: "Hold RB, Aim and Press X to perform a bullet jump" not that hard to code don't u think?

just make a search and you'll see how many people fail this test (some failed it several times which can take severals days) prolly because this (and lots) stuff in the game is not explained properly unless u have friends/clanmates to help u with.

I'm fairly sure the bullet jump is explained in the tutorial mission, and there's also the parkour tutorial, but I don't recall if the parkour tutorial is forced or not. In the case that it isn't, maybe it should be. Alternatively, "practicing" the MR8 test could have tool-tips added to it, to actually teach players how to pass it. "Press R-MB to aim-glide to reach the next platform." "Hold jump while facing the wall to wall-climb." "Press and hold crouch before jumping to perform a bullet jump towards the aiming reticle."
 OR, failing that, failing the MR test could direct the player to the parkour tutorial.

Eh, MR11 test was more difficult but not much, because there aren't jumps you'll fail automatically for not knowing the movement system (or if there are, you've already learned them at MR8). Taking care with your jumps and shots and not trying to hastily rush it will help in succeeding. Also, bringing a shotgun (boar is good) helps a lot. Even if you fall once or twice, you can still finish it with 20 secs to spare, though practice is recommended so that you can familiarize yourself with the course and not get lost&confused as to where to move next.

It's really easy if you do it right, first two platforms either bullet jump or aim glide by holding rightlick.

I had some problems at the last jump too because I was used to immediately double jump after bullet jumping and I was so nervous that I almost started sweating because I was on my last try and I knew that I needed to wait 24 hours to do this test again which I couldn't afford to wait since it was Baro's first visit since I play WF and he had like 3 hours left. So yeah anyways.

For the last jump just bullet jump like 75 degree to the direction of the platform and use your second jump when you're at the highest point of your jump. If you've done that a few times you'll always get it right.

4 hours ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

yea i wasn't aware of the bullet jumping aim thingy and tbh so far i never had to use it, anyway it's not explained properly, not in the test nor in the buttons config (on pc it doesn't even have full support for xbox gamepad)  maybe in the start tutorial which i skipped (since i already knew the basics cause i was a returning player).

so yea was my fault because i didn't know how to do the aimed bullet jump (uber noob here 2 weeks playing), still think this test needs some thinking, it was rebuilt once cause people was complaining about the vertical wall running mechanics not working properly so maybe they can take a look at it and at least give u some directions on screen in how to do it, for example: "Hold RB, Aim and Press X to perform a bullet jump" not that hard to code don't u think?

just make a search and you'll see how many people fail this test (some failed it several times which can take severals days) prolly because this (and lots) stuff in the game is not explained properly unless u have friends/clanmates to help u with.

Incapable, incompetent, and willingly unaware (aka ignorant) people will complain. That is what they do. Just take a look at these forums... Seriously, look through the first 20 pages and see how many really basic questions are repeated a ridiculous amount of times. These people couldn't be bothered to do a simple search before posting forum thread #6585857412993 "how to farm oxium" or any of many other questions. It is always fun seeing two or three of those posts the same day, it means they didn't even bother to scan through the first page.

Complaining doesn't mean they are right, it just means there are lots of lazy players out there who would rather take time to complain vs spend time learning about the game. But we already knew that, this is an action based game and those typically cater to and are flush with the ADD/ADHD crowd. It is no surprise at all there are complaints repeatedly about anything that isn't immediately gratifying or takes the tiniest bit of effort. God forbid there is an actual challenge in the game, that just means the boards will blow up as soon as the crowd reach it.

I just look at is this way, if you are incapable of the basics, you don't deserve to progress. Other games have actual walls, like The Secret World. If you aren't geared up enough or have people to carry you through the (rather easy) Elite dungeons and the Gatekeeper, you can't do the Nightmare versions, where the end gear drops are. That is a good thing, as they were tightly tuned, and if you were incapable you only prevented the poor people who would go in with you from completing it. You basically made them waste their time if you couldn't do your job.

All warframe does is keep you from advancing your MR until you prove you are capable. And that does what? Keep you from equiping a handful and half of weapons? Is that really something to legitimately complain about? Especially as you stated yourself YOU skipped the in game tutorial, probably like the vast majority who complain did as well?

9 hours ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

I highlighted the areas that point out the problem... It was explained properly in the tutorial you skipped. The bold red words actually describe the very tutorial you skipped. 

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos