Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

1 minute ago, Enno69 said:

There's no point in painting the devs as antagonists though. They don't benefit from players being angry and leaving. They are humans. They have a lot of work. Overall, they do listen to us, believe it or not. Yes, they do make mistakes, some of them being quite baffling, and it takes a long time for them to fix anything ( for ex. we waited an average of one year for badly needed reworks of frames such as Rhino, Frost or Mesa, which turned out to be good). If you're not happy, just leave. I will stick around and watch how the whole thing evolves.

I think you missed my point.

1. Not pointing them out as antagonists, its their game after all; just voicing perfectly reasonable frustrations.

2. Overall = Generalizing. Some get listened to, others unfortunately don't.

3. I know they make mistakes, but they don't own up to them the majority of the time. Hence why in my example, they ignored viable alternatives and stuck to tweaking the mechanic. In a way, its being stubborn.

4. Was talking about lack of reverts, and you're going on about reworks. Sorry, but this is going nowhere.

5. " If you're not happy, just leave." Now isn't that insulting... Glad the majority don't share your thoughts and rationality. 

Just now, ButterLutter said:

Bulletjump + Double Jump is still as fast as always, i noticed no difference and was still super fast.

Soo what exactly is this all about?

bulletjump > double jump > roll in midair

thats what this is about

2 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Bulletjump + Double Jump is still as fast as always, i noticed no difference and was still super fast.

Soo what exactly is this all about?

There is a forward roll mechanic after the double jump, which is meant to accumulate all that momentum to launch the player forward. Since the double-jump resets the momentum this becomes un-achievable.

Just now, ButterLutter said:

I never used the roll and was always the fastest reaching whatever we had to reach, sooo whats the problem?

seems u never experienced real speed lol

ur not using it > fine

this thread is for ppl who use it

if u have nothing to say about this then just dont

7 minutes ago, Weidro said:

seems u never experienced real speed lol

like i said, i was always among the fastest waiting for others. if it happened that i "lost the race" its because i got stuck somewhere or an enemy knocked me down.

if u have nothing to say about this then just dont

Are you telling me i am not allowed to comment here? Is my opinion less worth than yours?
My opinion on this matter stands: The "nerf" is not a nerf because nothing changed. Some here already said that the game is now super slow and they need 10 minutes for Capture which is complete bullog. Nothing changed.

Edited by ButterLutter

Just because you don't know a mechanic that does not mean the mechanic did not exist.

This is not Schrödingers Mechanic where you could argue for one or the other.

It was there, it got removed and we lost a movement options many utilized as being essential in their gameplay.

2 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Are you telling me i am not allowed to comment here? Is my opinion less worth than yours?

My opinion on this matter stands: The "nerf" is not a nerf because nothing changed. Some here already said that the game is now super slow and they need 10 minutes for Capture which is complete bullog. Nothing changed.

Put simply, your perception that nothing has changed is false because you don't or have never used the mechanic. You can comment of course, but we'll only take it with a grain of salt since you have no idea about the subject at hand.

3 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

The "nerf" is not a nerf because nothing changed.

like i said this thread is for ppl who used this and are now kinda pissed that it got removed

if u have no issue with the thread then thats fine but just to remember u since u seem to forgett super fast: u stated that ur unable to notice a diference and asked what this is about. we told u. and ur only response is: its not my house thats burning so why should i care?

ofc ur allowed to post and comment here but its a fact that everything u say to this specific topic is unqualified because u have never experienced what we are talking about

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed off-topic comment

43 minutes ago, Weidro said:

bulletjump > double jump > roll in midair

thats what this is about

That's the same method I've used for months, hence why it's very noticable for me...The only thing that vaguely benefits from this nerf is the specfic Parkour 2.0 mods like Firewalker/Ice Spring, that are now mandatory if you want get the same momentum we had before this update.

It is now counterproductive, not only do we need to add this mod on all Warframes to be as agile as before but we now have to give up an important mod slot to do so, and Parkour now need more keypresses...Speaking of which there is DEsteve Tweet in regards to lessening the burden of Sprint;

So ok, fair enough and that's a great Idea. But then you nerf one major thing and give a little tweak to another? If this is the master plan then I'm not a happy bunny, and for these reasons.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase

How about we just increase the sprint speed of all warframes already? In terms of speed, most running athletes can outrun all warframes (excluding abilities), which is really silly...

Even I could probably outrun frost, which is hilarious really...

Edited by Demon.King

Gotta make do with going slow now I guess. I don't like this change. Hope they can revert it for PvE. With how DE managed the frame rework feedbacks, I doubt we'll see anything about this though. 

Funny seeing people try to deny the nerf or even root for it. Guess theres just people who dont like it when others have fun. 

7 minutes ago, Man_In_Suitcase said:

That's the same method I've used for months, hence why it's very noticable for me...The only thing that vaguely benefits from this nerf is the specfic Parkour 2.0 mods like Firewalker/Ice Spring, that are now mandatory if you want get the same momentum we had before this update.

It is now counterproductive, not only do we need to add this mod on all Warframes to be as agile as before but we now have to give up an important mod slot to do, and Parkour now need more keypresses...Speaking of which there is DEsteve Tweet in regards to lessening the burden of Sprint;

So ok, fair enough and that's a great Idea. But then you nerf one major thing and give a little tweak to another? If this is the plan then I'm not a happy bunny, and for the reasons I've already stated.

What I like about Parkour 2.0 is that every frame can be fast, but relatively, some are better than others. This nerf reminds me of Parkour 1.0 and Excalibur. He had a third ability called Super Jump, which was basically equal to a double or triple vertical jump. But we had no use for it, when you could climb walls all the same. Now, we have no use for jumping, since you could do much better just sprinting from A to B. So we are essentially back to Parkour 1.0 all over again -.-

Edited by -CM-Emptiness

2 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

Now, we have no use for jumping, since you could do much better just sprinting from A to B.

See, thats EXACTLY what i meant. People are salty because their roll doesnt work anymore and talking like they have to walk now but seem to totally forget that bulletjump + double jump still exists and is not slower than rolling.

Something you do changes so that you have to do something else and suddenly its like nothing works anymore and you have to walk. Like wtf.

1 minute ago, ButterLutter said:

See, thats EXACTLY what i meant. People are salty because their roll doesnt work anymore and talking like they have to walk now but seem to totally forget that bulletjump + double jump still exists and is not slower than rolling.

Something you do changes so that you have to do something else and suddenly its like nothing works anymore and you have to walk. Like wtf.

The aforementioned mechanic was similar in speed to say, zoren-copter. Your method is roughly the same as sprinting, so there is a massive speed difference there. Given all of this, moving back to Parkour 1.0 when this is meant to be an upgrade will incur lots of frustration.

1 minute ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

What I like about Parkour 2.0 is that every frame can be fast, but relatively, some are better than others. This nerf reminds me of Parkour 1.0 and Excalibur. He had a third ability called Super Jump

I remember Super Jump, even it's slightly cheesey "Wooosh" sfx, I coupled that Heavy Impact for hammer times, although not entirely useful at high levels, still fun. And fundamentally that what this nerf boils down to, fun. If that was such an issue before, then why wasn't this addressed early before players become to comfortable? 

It doesn't wash right when one thing gets wholey nerf'd, just to cater for a PvP mode that I frankly don't think'll ever be a popular as PvE. Parkour 1.5 here we come...

5 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

ulletjump + double jump still exists and is not slower than rolling

thy for proofing my point xD

u have not experienced it thats why u dont know that it used to be waaay faster

9 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

Well, I for one am salty, there's no denying. I don't like getting slowed down. What's grating me more however is that there seems to be no proper explanation for the change. "Unintended". Parkour 2.0 has been out for months and DE realized just now that something was 'wrong' with their system? To me that only further proves they don't play their own game.

Unintended occurances can still gain a lot of positive feedback and be kept in as a feature. The best example would be skiing in the Tribes games.

Edited by goatwithbenefits

Are you kidding me?

Why are we nerfing movement for a brand new PvP mode no one plays?

Why not just NOT HAVE the speed boost in the PvP mode?

Please revert, it was bad enough that you nerfed Volt's slow but nerfing slow across everything is beyond bad.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed profanity

3 minutes ago, Weidro said:

u have not experienced it thats why u dont know that it used to be waaay faster

yes i did experience it, because i was faster :P
when the other teammates roll around and you still reach the extraction point first, every single time, then there is a point where you start considering to be simply faster than others :P

I'm kinda shocked to see this thread.

At the moment I'm taking a break from the game as I do from time to time, and seeing that kind of thing really doesn't help coming back. Is it really that bad? I'd like to check it out myself but the launcher crashes every time.

Meh, maybe that's a sign...