Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

38 minutes ago, Thaumatos said:

Well for one, this game's PvE is total easymode.  Not saying PvP is any better, but there are other games that are way more skill-involved that are still not PvP.

Understandable, but it should not be used as the basis for a counter argument/attack on another player. This is why i am upset. I like the easy, laid back and fun feel of warframe, but just because people like that in warframe does not mean that they completely avoid competitive play and know nothing about it.

... They reduced mobility in a game that is all about mobility

A friend of mine just lovingly put it like this.

Gotta nerf movement across the entire game for one fringe gamemode, yaaaaay.

Also, is it confirmed yet that slide friction after bullet jumps got changed too, as in you slow down a lot faster?

16 minutes ago, Finances said:

Yeah I understand what you're saying, I'm simply stating when you ship something with intent containing your unintended it is deemed intended by those who do not know of your original intent.

This fall out will indeed be worse in the coming hours and it is a shame this will overshadow the new content being presented, unless of course it is a bug that will be reverted. Only an official response to this matter/time will tell. Have a pleasant night as well though!

I honestly feel exactly what you're talking about here. I was so hyped up for Lunaro and totally didn't expect this movement nerf. It has made me question whether or not I even want to play the game at all as it just feels so lack luster now.

1 minute ago, Radjehuty said:

I honestly feel exactly what you're talking about here. I was so hyped up for Lunaro and totally didn't expect this movement nerf. It has made me question whether or not I even want to play the game at all as it just feels so lack luster now.

I would argue it's a good time to take a break until they fix this mess.

4 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

The reason people don't play PVP is because they want to play PVE, not PVP. There's lots of PVP games to play. Not so many PVE games.

True words right there.

The rail conflicts pvp was a lot of fun, but it was unbalanced as hell, veterans would just nuke through the map. The current combat pvp tbh doesnt interest me in the least, for pvp i have other games. Lunaro seems a lot of fun, once they fix all the problems it has. But yeah, nerfing PVE movement just for the sake of PVP seems absurd, since the immense majority of the content in the game is for PVE.

I hardly ever left satisfied with every new patch\hotfix-all of those nerfs while enemies left untouched, this dark shi...split sword thing and now this lunaro update. I would't give a single hek about this lunaro thing, but it messes up with my beloved pve aspect of warframe...why again? Due to this recent trend i set my hopes VERY low to the rest 2 parts of u19 and i think for a good reason. If there gonna be any more nerfs, for example to zenurik or naramon passives or for something non focus related i wouldn't be surprized at all.

Please tell me someone mentioned this before I did...

I had no idea they would alter PvE movement.

11 hours ago, Gerotanza said:

@[DE]Steve

In missions you can build up a lot of momentum, often triggering the falling sound effect, by briefly sliding and quickly double jumping on rinse-repeat;
will double jumping also drop the lunaro?

Copy-Pasted from another post:

You see the update notes? You see how this is under 'fixes'? It's not a nerf. This was unintentional and therefore a bug. And it has now been squished. Ya'll who are complaining, you were never supposed to have this in the first place

15 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

You see the update notes? You see how this is under 'fixes'? It's not a nerf. This was unintentional and therefore a bug. And it has now been squished. Ya'll who are complaining, you were never supposed to have this in the first place

Always add a /s to your sarcastic posts or people will think you're for real.

And to those of you who think this guy is for real, lemme explain.

This has been around for years much over a year now, and has been integral to movement in the game. It has been considered 100% fine for Conclave this entire time.

But now Lunaro comes out and it's a central mechanic that you drop the ball when you bullet jump, but not when you dodge roll. And how do we make sure that players are slow unless they are forced to bullet jump?

ding ding ding!

You're right! We make sure of it by nerfing the roll-jump across the ENTIRE game for one fringe game mode, and we call it a 'bugfix' so a handful of apologists defend our nerf.

Edited by Sold0ut
Typos~

4 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

That doesnt make sense, so we had this "unintended" feature for almost 1 year and DE didnt remove it sooner? What were they waiting for? One could even say that this "bug" turned into a feature, since it was never adressed before, and never explained as a bug.

Edited by John89brensen

3 minutes ago, Sold0ut said:

Always add a /s to your sarcastic posts or people will think you're for real.

And to those of you who think this guy is for real, lemme explain.

This has been around for years now, and has been integral to movement in the game. It has been considered 100% fine for Conclave this entire time.

But now Lunaro comes out and it's a central mechanic that you drop the ball when you bullet jump, but not when you dodge roll. And how do we make sure that players are slow unless they are forced to bullet jump?

ding ding ding!

You're right! We make sure of it by nerfing the roll-jump across the ENTIRE game for one fringe game mode, and we call it a bugfix so a handful of apologists defend our nerf.

2 minutes ago, John89brensen said:

That doesnt make sense, so we had this "unintended" feature for almost 1 year and DE didnt remove it sooner? What were they waiting for?

Another Copy-Paste :P

That's not my intention at all. I think it's only being addressed by DE due to it's presumably frequent use in Lunaro, which would go against their intentions for the gamemode. IMO could have only been a fix for Lunaro rather than Warframe as a whole

Just now, Cydro_ said:

Thing is-it was there for around a year and there was no sight about it being a unintended thing, but RIGHT after lunaro arrive and they decided that this lunaro thing is too fast they like-"oh, yea...it was a bug, sry kek". I dinno how naive can someone be to not see how those 2 thing correlate with each other. You can't trust DE's words completely, same was with prime vaults-read "We remove old prime so drop tables don't become to deluted" as "We want more plat sales"

As others have stated, that's just a cop-out. This feature has been in the game for a very long time with no mention of it even being a bug. It's such a cop-out to call this suddenly unintended. Many of us had no idea we were exploiting a "bug" and just thought this momentum was part of the movement system that we got good at. This was completely an out-of-the-blue nerf and it's sad that it might overshadow Lunaro...something that's supposed to be very fast paced that feels like we have bricks tied to our feet.

10 minutes ago, Cydro_ said:

Another Copy-Paste :P

That's not my intention at all. I think it's only being addressed by DE due to it's presumably frequent use in Lunaro, which would go against their intentions for the gamemode. IMO could have only been a fix for Lunaro rather than Warframe as a whole

I would be perfectly fine with it if it was only changed in Lunaro. But NOT the rest of the game. The rest of the game relies on it in so many ways.

Edited by Sold0ut

Maybe that's not intended at all though, perhaps they wanted to use this only in the PvP but the spaghetti struck? Since we're bound to have fixes like crazy this week as the team continues to work on Lunaro, there might be a change reverting this out of conclave.

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Maybe that's not intended at all though, perhaps they wanted to use this only in the PvP but the spaghetti struck? Since we're bound to have fixes like crazy this week as the team continues to work on Lunaro, there might be a change reverting this out of conclave.

Then I'd argue they have dun' goofed.

But I don't think this is how they did this, because they in no way announced this beforehand, UNLIKE the normalized sprint speeds for Lunaro.

Although I haven't minded the movement changes persay, but this inadvertently removed one of Zephyr's most important and key components to Tailwind, denting her core design philosophy.

I also just mentioned this in another thread about how she was hit the hardest. Though the update mentioned you can still achieve the momentum to a decent degree, Zephyr as of now can not all together.

Most of the details are here:

Just keeping my fingers crossed they'll look into it and fix it respectively or just revert it.

Definitely not enjoying that my bullet jump over-eclipses Tailwind this past night lol. Though honestly they might as well just tweak her up all together since I argue that having barely a 28 meter long Tailwind is completely outdated and was only relevant at its time over 2 years ago; before parkour 2.0 and long before coptering even existed.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

Yeah but 95% of this games content is PVE not PVP, nerfing a main feature of the game for the sake of PVP balance doesnt make sense, all of your playerbase plays PVE, and a few play pvp. Now Lunaro might change this to some extent, since its a lot more fun than conclave, but Lunaro is more of a side feature, its not like im gonna stop doing PVE missions most of the time. You play warframe to be a space-ninja, not a sports legend.

Also to be honest, Lunaro has much bigger balancing issues to worry about momentum in double jumps.

1 minute ago, John89brensen said:

Yeah but 95% of this games content is PVE not PVP, nerfing a main feature of the game for the sake of PVP balance doesnt make sense, all of your playerbase plays PVE, and a few play pvp. Now Lunaro might change this to some extent, since its a lot more fun than conclave, but Lunaro is more of a side feature, its not like im gonna stop doing PVE missions most of the time. You play warframe to be a space-ninja, not a sports legend.

Also to be honest, Lunaro has much bigger balancing issues to worry about momentum in double jumps.

Not just PvP. This method was considered fine in PvP this entire time. Just Lunaro, and only that.

TBH it's pretty unacceptable that they've effectively nerfed mobility without doing anything to further tune it up in some other way. I'm having a lot less fun on even the most basic missions. I'll probably only be logging in for my dailies until they do something about it.

1 minute ago, Leuca said:

TBH it's pretty unacceptable that they've effectively nerfed mobility without doing anything to further tune it up in some other way. I'm having a lot less fun on even the most basic missions. I'll probably only be logging in for my dailies until they do something about it.

No further tuneups are needed, only for this nerf (read: Not a bugfix, that's PR speak) to be reverted for all contents that are NOT Lunaro. It was clearly done so people have to bullet jump in the Sportsball mode, and if the mobility nerf only applied to that, it would be perfectly fine.