Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the best place to lvl new weapons, frames?

spyroxion

Question

Hello guys and girls!
So, I have  a question, where do you prefer lvl'ing new weapons? And frames? My mastery rank is 3 and soon I'll have new frame (Valkyr) and wondering where should I be lvl'ing it... Thing is, I don't want to be a burden to others (like some guy was yesterday, mastery rank 7 came to defense mission on phobos, with low lvl all 3 weapons and frame and he did nothing, I had to tryhard insanely just to carry 5 rounds (he did a bit less than 20% damage while I did the rest, so I don't want to be that guy).

Also, got my self new melee weapon and also wondering what would be the fastest way to lvl it up 

21 answers to this question

I think you can do Kappa on Sedna, but dont know if mr 3 players are already that far into to the solar map. After that it would be Draco or Kiste on Ceres

Off topic? When leveling up your frame the first mod after aura should be a vitality or redirection, see plenty of players starting with new frame with aura and no health or shield and then die constantly. imo its useless to start with mods like flow, continuity or streamline.

Fastest way to level up your new melee weapon is i guess to use it first before using primary or secondary

Good luck

Edited by Bonteaomd
its sunday

If you are good at sneaking and know your way around Corpus Spy vaults then a fair bit of exp can be had from Oceanum on Pluto.  Recently I've been levelling melee weapons on Gabii, Ceres, as it's a Dark Sector with melee kill bonus plus it's normal exp bonus for being Dark Sector plus I was using Naramon for extra melee exp so all that stacked up gives about double exp.  Although it wont be as easy to jump into that at MR3 as it was for me at 21.

Draco is fine for passively leveling a weapon while also doing your share of killing with a fully ranked & modded Frame & "main" weapon.

For leveling Frames I prefer / like to suggest Dark Sector Defense, e.g. Eris or Neptune have that map
where you can stay safe up on a container while the enemies all rush into the killzone below you.

Direct Answer: (Eximus) Sortie and Void + Derelict Defence-missions.

Reasoning(s):

Thanks to the team-affinity-gain-range being "standardized" also to 50-meters, Interception-missions aren't all that good to place to level up your equipments nowadays (alongside of course obviously Mirage requiring Line of Sight to blind with Prism nowadays too).

So what you nowadays want is a mission in which you (in the mission) are more or less forced to stay close to each other.

This is where the high-level and more or less spacious Defend-missions shine far better than used to.

But we also want to have a mission in which the players stick around as long as possible. So, the keys requiring to at minimum to "C-Cycle" to be fully spent is a nice "must", at least to one who burns the key.

If you want a bit more relaxing times in Defence-missions (especially when levelling-up weapons), try to get a Max-Range Loki-player(s) to do Disarming; mobs having no guns makes things a lot more easier.

There are also the "map-wide"-affinity-rewards which can be surprisingly good boost of affinity. These appear in Mobile Defence (succesful defences), Spy (Successful Raids, especially when not alerted), Rescue (Killing all wardens, Rescuing the target), Sabotage (especially without alerts and doing the Cryo-leak-route) and to some extend even in Conclave (match completions+wins, and especially Cephalon / flag captures).

Edited by Pave

5 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

what about something a bit easier guys?  I am thankful for suggestions, but most of them for me to do is to with all my rank30 equip x.x

Tower 1 Defense will do it. Try Tower 2 or 3 if it's not enough. Void survival is also good for low levels.

I personally prefer Akkad on Eris for whenever I'm not certain I can easily kill things. Being a Defense mission it's a lot harder for one or two baddies to mess the whole thing up compared to Draco, and if you do a 20 wave run a level 0 frame or weapon easily hits level 20 on extraction.

Go to dark sector excavation on Earth, There are low level infested and you can stay for quite a bit longer than on Sedna/Ceres/whatever. Also, there you will get some void keys. Just don't forget to take something able to proc radiation to disable Ancient Healers' aura (it's not necessary to shoot/strike the ancient itself, all procs that affect others units under its aura are transferred to the healer).

Edited by Bouldershoulder

If you want something lower level, try either the Defense at Lares, Mercury, or the Survival at Apollodorus, Mercury. Both usually have groups because they are beginner nodes. The Defense is a bit nicer because you can leave when you wish, where you usually get "stuck" to the 20 minute mark for the Survival. 

They don't max you out as quickly as Draco, but I feel like they are good to do for at least the first few levels so that you can actually learn how to use your frame and abilities.

27 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

I personally prefer Akkad on Eris for whenever I'm not certain I can easily kill things. Being a Defense mission it's a lot harder for one or two baddies to mess the whole thing up compared to Draco, and if you do a 20 wave run a level 0 frame or weapon easily hits level 20 on extraction.

Maybe with an affinity booster and even then it is more often rank 18, rank 20 would be 25 waves (give or take) solo.

Without one you are looking at rank 12 or so. I lived there when I started playing on the XBOX and was collecting frames from the star chart bosses to get started.

It also requires you to have a good weapon to go that far. Around wave 15 you can start getting multiple eximus enemies with healers so your damage can take a dive. It doesn't happen particularly often, but it definitely happens often enough to worry about damage being an issue. 

I completely agree it is a ridiculously easy way to level frames solo, but if you go in with a poor weapon you aren't going to get anywhere near what you are suggesting. Also most of the groups I've gotten the occasional time I've tried, went 5 waves and left because they were there for the credits not experience (you get twice the mission reward stated on the entry screen). Just so the OP is aware that happens (and why I solo it).

4 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Hello guys and girls!
So, I have  a question, where do you prefer lvl'ing new weapons? And frames? My mastery rank is 3 and soon I'll have new frame (Valkyr) and wondering where should I be lvl'ing it... Thing is, I don't want to be a burden to others (like some guy was yesterday, mastery rank 7 came to defense mission on phobos, with low lvl all 3 weapons and frame and he did nothing, I had to tryhard insanely just to carry 5 rounds (he did a bit less than 20% damage while I did the rest, so I don't want to be that guy).

Also, got my self new melee weapon and also wondering what would be the fastest way to lvl it up 

Put on corrosive Projection on the frame -> go to recruiting chat-> type " CP Leech LF Draco" entered. Wait for inv or pm. Nothing easier than this.

8 hours ago, spyroxion said:

what about something a bit easier guys?  I am thankful for suggestions, but most of them for me to do is to with all my rank30 equip x.x

Enemy affinity (XP) rewards don't scale upwards very well so it's actually better to kill a ton of easy enemies than to kill a few tough ones in many cases. If you want to do something easy any mobile defense, excavation or survival on Mercury or Earth should be fine. Before the changes to weapons/forma I used Apollodorus on Mercury.

I don't recommend doing a specific mission to level frames and weapons though, unless there's one you just love and WANT to play a lot. There's so much to do in Warframe it's much smarter (and much less repetitive) to go accomplish something else while leveling weapons. If you need Neurodes to craft a weapon play Earth survival or excavation. If you need mods from Spy or Ivara parts then don't hit alarms and try to keep up the stealth combo going between vaults for extra XP

Edited by VKhaun

1 hour ago, VKhaun said:

Enemy affinity (XP) rewards don't scale upwards very well so it's actually better to kill a ton of easy enemies than to kill a few tough ones in many cases. If you want to do something easy any mobile defense, excavation or survival on Mercury or Earth should be fine. Before the changes to weapons/forma I used Apollodorus on Mercury.

I don't recommend doing a specific mission to level frames and weapons though, unless there's one you just love and WANT to play a lot. There's so much to do in Warframe it's much smarter (and much less repetitive) to go accomplish something else while leveling weapons. If you need Neurodes to craft a weapon play Earth survival or excavation. If you need mods from Spy or Ivara parts then don't hit alarms and try to keep up the stealth combo going between vaults for extra XP

Eh, I don't agree after leveling frames (sometimes twice, primes) on two accounts. Getting a frame to the point where you can actually put a few decent mods in and have all 4 abilities, makes a HUGE difference in playing that frame. Also, given the number of times you are going to level a frame (5 forma anyone?)... efficiency is key or else you will burn out. Once you play a mission type you've pretty much played them all honestly, exceptions being boss fights and events.

Farming Akkad gives chances at neurodes, mod (and/or fodder)/keys, a decent amount of credits as well as getting you to rank 12 on the most basic 20 wave run. It is pretty much the "smartest" possible option for a zero'ed frame. Usually after that I run a few 10-15 minute dark sector survival for credits and cores to finish off the frame (pretty easy with a maxxed out weapon regardless of frame).

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skylancer4 said:

Getting a frame to the point where you can actually put a few decent mods in and have all 4 abilities, makes a HUGE difference in playing that frame.

Maybe it's not live on XB1 yet, but there was a recent change to how leveling weapons works. A rank 0 weapon doesn't have 0 points anymore.

10 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Maybe it's not live on XB1 yet, but there was a recent change to how leveling weapons works. A rank 0 weapon doesn't have 0 points anymore.

It isn't, only on PC and as that is based on MR, anyone who knows the tricks to leveling doesn't need them.

If you are asking about best leveling spots, your MR is probably not high enough to be useful there. It was a nice quality of life change that benefits veteran players. It doesn't do much for new players/truly casual Free players.

Edited by (XB1)Skylancer4

16 hours ago, spyroxion said:

Hello guys and girls!

I completely understand your dilemma.  I also commend you on how you're approaching the situation.  I highly recommend Apollodorus on Mercury to start.  This way you can at least get it above rank 0 while also learning your frame/weapon without worrying about dying.  Doing spy missions are also very good for leveling gear.   I still do Mercury when I get new gear.  

Also, don't be afraid to ask for help in chat.  Feel free to look me up in game when I'm on, and I'll help you with some missions.  Happy Hunting Tenno.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
added info

As a few others have said before: Tikal on Earth (Dark Sector Excavation), especially good for lvling Melee. (I think it's +12% XP for a kill and +8% XP for a melee kill.)

I usually take my rank 0 stuff there. You get to actually use your new stuff (unlike leeching on Draco), be helpful and get Cryotic and other stuff, too.

If you want to lvl faster, just bring the one weapon you're trying to lvl up. Leave your Sentinel/Kubrow on the Liset as well.

As soon as you got some mod capacity, run T1/2 Survival missions.

leveling frames:

T2 (T3 if you have maxed weapons - i don't recommend doing T4 with unranked frames)

or dark sector survivals

leveling weapons:

levels up passively from shared affinity anywhere while in a squad, as long as you have at least one maxed weapon equipped, so you contribute to the mission.