The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Muscular Female Frame Anyone???

Ibro156

Just now, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I think we need more Hispanic warframes. China gets a clearly "Chinese" warframe (two actually) why can't my people get a Mexican warframe?

Yeah some Pancho Villa Warframe, just like Mesa but with rifles instead of revolvers, and a passive that reduces damage from female enemies.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

Depends..

Is one of your skills eating your enemies to get their powers or not?

Also, add a bit of animal to It to fit the theme of animals. I would say Shark

Consuming enemy units to gain temporary buffs of varying kinds would be frigging cool.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I think we need more Hispanic warframes. China gets a clearly "Chinese" warframe (two actually) why can't my people get a Mexican warframe?

I think you mean Chinese Mythology inspired frames, rather than just straight up Chinese frames. 

At the moment I'm not entirely familiar with Mexican tradition and culture beyond the basics. What kind of ideas can Warframe draw from Mexican culture?

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Consuming enemy units to gain temporary buffs of varying kinds would be frigging cool.

There was a party member class in the older Final Fantasy games where you could "absorb" a special ability from enemies, and the ability you get depends on the enemy you absorbed the power from. I could go for something similar to that.

On 6/20/2016 at 3:44 PM, Eureka.seveN said:

As much as this game is about space ninjas, it is very well grounded into reality

either we're not playing the same game, or you're insane.
might be both, come to think of it.

Warframe has no realism. nothing in it is realistic. and it's not supposed to be.

Hi, i'm swedish and you know what, i choose to spend my time online playing warframe and other games to get away from  this types of discussion i mean.. i'm so damn tired of it. 

And when i say i'm swedish i mean that i live in the most pro(RE)gressive countries in the world where we are being forced fed this kind of BS really, and i'm sick of it. 

Not to long ago i was called an ableist and got ban warnings in region chat by a guide of the lotus (i belive its called?) becouse i said his/her arguement was $&*&*#(%& wich in my defence it really was, but my point is and this is not only in warframe but the PC culture will always find a way to infiltrade communitys or whatever it might be just to stir up and destroy so they can throw temper tantrums.

And you shouldent give them an inch, don't fuel the fire (maybe like what i just did)

I don't want a bulky female warframe i mean why would i want it, i have enough trouble playing some of the frames as it is. 

I want my frames to be aestethic wheter it's male or female, like excal and valkyr.

I mean... A short stocky space NINJA? really?  

Edited by Ryddem

2 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I think you mean Chinese Mythology inspired frames, rather than just straight up Chinese frames. 

At the moment I'm not entirely familiar with Mexican tradition and culture beyond the basics. What kind of ideas can Warframe draw from Mexican culture?

Aztec warframe. You kill doods and offer their hearts to bloodthirsty gods. In return you get awesome buffs and summon aztec dragons. And sure, it can be bulky girl for all I care.

2 minutes ago, Ryddem said:

Hi, i'm swedish and you know what, i choose to spend my time online playing warframe and other games to get away from  this types of discussion i mean.. i'm so damn tired of it. 

And when i say i'm swedish i mean that i live in the most pro(RE)gressive countries in the world where we are being forced fed this kind of BS really, and i'm sick of it. 

Not to long ago i was called an ableist and got ban warnings in region chat by a guide of the lotus (i belive its called?) becouse i said his/her arguement was $&*&*#(%& wich in my defence it really was, but my point is and this is not only in warframe but the PC culture will always find a way to infiltrade communitys or whatever it might be just to stir up and destroy so they can throw temper tantrums.

And you shouldent give them an inch, don't fuel the fire (maybe like what i just did)

I don't want a bulky female i mean why would i want it? 

I want my frames to be aestethic wheter it's male or female, like excal and valkyr.

I mean... A short stocky space NINJA? really?  

And we where having fun brainstorming a new warframe..and ya ruined IT!

5 minutes ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

At the moment I'm not entirely familiar with Mexican tradition and culture beyond the basics. What kind of ideas can Warframe draw from Mexican culture?.

Oh gods, there are so many things they could take that'd be cool like ancient Incan/Mayan/Aztec mythology.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

And we where having fun brainstorming a new warframe..and ya ruined IT!

I know, right!

Ok. We had a core concept (muscular, burly, tanky female 'frame), an aesthetic (Maori-inspired, so, broad shoulders, big arms, skirted waist, probably delicate, complicated lines of inlaid patterns on the exterior armour plates), and an idea for an ability (consumption of enemy units to gain temporary buffs based on those units).

What kind of synergy do we want? Role? How should this warframe feel to play, what should be the idea when you charge into a room full of enemies?

3 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

tho i mean that you simply cant put a gender on a suit

Warframes obviously don't have a sex on account of them being suits and what not but they are built with a gender in mind. Rhino is a male frame, Valkyr is a female frame. Even though they're both devoid of actually being either sex, I can't properly wank it to Rhino on account of it being "male". You might though. I'm not sure of your personal proclivities...

Edited by (PS4)Romulus93

Just now, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Warframes obviously don't have a sex on account of them being suits and what not but they are built with a gender in mind. Rhino is a male frame, Valkyr is a female frame. Even though their both devoid of actually being either sex, I can't properly wank it to Rhino on account of it being "male". You might though. I'm not sure of your personal proclivities...

Are you daring to imply that Rhino is not sexy as all hell? Aw mang, no. You gots it wrong......

Hey so as we've seen from Nekros, or Inaros, or Zeyphr, a warframe doesn't have to be a suit an actual human could fit in. They can be shaped however as long as they look good, so lets not talk about "health" or "diversity," so why not have all kinds of different bodies?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

Warframes obviously don't have a sex on account of them being suits and what not but they are built with a gender in mind. Rhino is a male frame, Valkyr is a female frame. Even though they're both devoid of actually being either sex, I can't properly wank it to Rhino on account of it being "male". You might though. I'm not sure of your personal proclivities...

well you can equip some mirage-stance and forget about in-game description 

bam

a female

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

either we're not playing the same game, or you're insane.
might be both, come to think of it.

Warframe has no realism. nothing in it is realistic. and it's not supposed to be.

Now this is the kind of statement that riles my panties in a crack. Fiction isn't only either realistic or not-realistic. There are many different levels and types of realism in fiction. And, unless Warframe suddenly goes full toonforce and negative continuaty, it has fair share of realism.

3 minutes ago, immolator1001 said:

Hey so as we've seen from Nekros, or Inaros, or Zeyphr, a warframe doesn't have to be a suit an actual human could fit in. They can be shaped however as long as they look good, so lets not talk about "health" or "diversity," so why not have all kinds of different bodies?

I don't know about Inaros, but human can reasonably easily fit in Nekros and Zephyr. Go to relay and clip in any civilian. All this lark about Nekros being too skinny for human body is nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Prany said:

Now this is the kind of statement that riles my panties in a crack. Fiction isn't only either realistic or not-realistic. There are many different levels and types of realism in fiction. And, unless Warframe suddenly goes full toonforce and negative continuaty, it has fair share of realism.

Right, but in this specific case, he's sort of correct. 

It's really hard to say that the game's depiction of Warframes is so grounded in reality that a large, muscular female 'frame wouldn't make sense, biology just wouldn't allow for it, while having no problem with Nekros, Rhino, Atlas, Saryn, etc.

Valkyr has 600 armour, and her external layer might as well be latex.

Basically, that's a definition of realistic which I would like to see. I am really not kidding, do you happen to have that definition of realistic ready to go?

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Right, but in this specific case, he's sort of correct. 

It's really hard to say that the game's depiction of Warframes is so grounded in reality that a large, muscular female 'frame wouldn't make sense, biology just wouldn't allow for it, while having no problem with Nekros, Rhino, Atlas, Saryn, etc.

Valkyr has 600 armour, and her external layer might as well be latex.

Basically, that's a definition of realistic which I would like to see. I am really not kidding, do you happen to have that definition of realistic ready to go?

There's a certain aesthetic that Warframe has. We should stay true to that.

54 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I know, right!

Ok. We had a core concept (muscular, burly, tanky female 'frame), an aesthetic (Maori-inspired, so, broad shoulders, big arms, skirted waist, probably delicate, complicated lines of inlaid patterns on the exterior armour plates), and an idea for an ability (consumption of enemy units to gain temporary buffs based on those units).

What kind of synergy do we want? Role? How should this warframe feel to play, what should be the idea when you charge into a room full of enemies?

To be honest, I've been thinking about her kit ever since people commenting on both sides.

Role: CC Tank (Which I mean she gains the enemies attention)

• Ability 1: Grabs an enemy and throws it towards any direction. Hitting any makes a knocks them down.
  • Ability 2: ??? Don't know what put in here
  • Ability 3: She punches the ground. Gaining every enemy attention within certain area. Like a traditional MMORPG Tank.
  • Ability 4: She starts to grow in sizes. Increased health when activated. When damaged it is converted to armour she would have. Streamed energy cost.
1 hour ago, Ryddem said:

-snip-

I never meant in that way. I was just saying that the females only have what one or two body types. Even then the males have a lot of bady shapes. I was just simply pointing something and giving a suggestion. Anyway, I've seen concepts that do what I've said and people would side with them. I can easily find them and point them out, but I won't. The only difference is that I am not "artist", which I mean I can't draw for jack. But I am game design student. Learning to take criticism is the best thing for any Dev, but not compromising on the idea is another thing. A lot of people have this misconception if someone says something is missing or it doesn't suit. People would start raging. Maybe they have point? Thinking about it is not a bad thing. I learnt this during my course. Some people might just point something out but any developer shouldn't dismiss it on first glance. 

Edited by Ibro156