Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2nd Account (Purely for Storyline)

Sinthetyk_Wolf

Question

Hi There,

So my girlfriend and I are both MR13 and wanted to create a new account purely to play through the main quests again.

We don't want to compromise our main accounts by doing this because she has 648hrs on record and I have 527hrs and we have put a few $'s into the game also.

I have read a few threads where other members said it fine as long as the account is not used for trading or clan boosting, however 2 of those forum members appear to be banned so their words instill very little confidence in going ahead and creating another account.

Could someone please verify if this is advisable to create another account for the quests or link me to a forum page that has an official state whether this is allowed or not.

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Basically, don't allow any interaction between accounts which I mean no trading between accounts. You see; the auto ban programme is little bit a sensitive thing. So it best if you don't trade or use any programmes that effect that alters the game.

Spoiler

OBGqJhU.jpg

Link: 

Replaying quests as a new account will take days, probably weeks, bcos there are requirements...you have to craft keys, scan stuff, etc...not ot mention some quests are difficult to do as low MR with limited armaments & mods... Some quest like second dream have cinematic scene in it, you wanna make sure that your frame looks good during that scene, but if you use new account, you have limited access to fashion frame stuff...no baroki goods, no special event stuff, no prime accessories, nada...i wouldnt replay these without fashion frame at the fullest.

Thanks for the feedback guys! 

I was playing Dark Sector again the other day and just had the urge to want to play the Warframe quests again.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Why create another account? Soon we'll be able to replay quests

They mentioned in one the Dev streams about the re-playability of quests but that was spoken of quiet some time ago and there is no mention of when this will actually take place, but we know it will.

3 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

If I was you I whuold just wait for replayable quests, instead of going trough the hole trouble of duel-accounting and what not 

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Replaying quests as a new account will take days, probably weeks, bcos there are requirements...you have to craft keys, scan stuff, etc...not ot mention some quests are difficult to do as low MR with limited armaments & mods... Some quest like second dream have cinematic scene in it, you wanna make sure that your frame looks good during that scene, but if you use new account, you have limited access to fashion frame stuff...no baroki goods, no special event stuff, no prime accessories, nada...i wouldnt replay these without fashion frame at the fullest.

I have no problem in going through the whole thing over the next few weeks until the new quest lines arrive. besides what is there to do on my main profile other than grind for resources, primes and rank items until the quests become playable again or new quest.

You don't need a end game build to enjoy the quests and i have played long enough to know where to get the required mods in order to still enjoy the play through again.

~You are a fire. As feared as you are respected.~

Technically, DE would be within their rights to terminate all your accounts for doing so, as it's a violation of the terms of use.

However, as long as there is no interaction between your accounts, no action will be taken against you realistically. I wouldn't worry about it, I've had a second account for years.

An alternative account is benefit only if you want another quest and achievement otherwise I don't see why could be violation because you spend your time and money on it. The platinum discounts could be the only thing why they pissed off if you maybe creating this for the platinum mining but first this is not your fault it is the system fault because of the platinum prices are horribad and everyone waiting for discounts which clearly mean the current pricing not okay. The other fact it is your time and bucks on the game and you can waste alot of money into the game like me just buying plats for slots and other valuable things.

Another fact there is no boosters which makes you better than others and it is mainly a pve game not pvp so your only advantage is against the mobs mostly.

If I were DE and wish to prevent this I would like to lower the platinum prices a bit lowering the discounts what can be possible to get and securing the security metholds if someone really cheating the system with using bot programs or cheatengines to hack platinum.

The multi accounting itself not violation only if you use it both or more accounts for hacking. 

I have only one account but there is nothing wrong if you separate your alt and just using for other ways.