Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dealing with Bursas Solo?

AzyWng

Question

we used to be able to just drop kick them and theyd fall over with the hack console lit up for a few seconds(as if stunned). didnt even have to damage them. I just tried in the sim and it seems to no longer work. thats too bad.

Just now, AutoPhox said:

we used to be able to just drop kick them and theyd fall over with the hack console lit up for a few seconds(as if stunned). didnt even have to damage them. I just tried in the sim and it seems to no longer work. thats too bad.

that was false profit event, u had to hack and protect them, now u dont, u kill them, then either leave them die or hack them to assist u, and still die lol

2 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

that was false profit event, u had to hack and protect them, now u dont, u kill them, then either leave them die or hack them to assist u, and still die lol

i remember the event *shudders* but i dont remember them taking away the use of drop kick. Oh well. Death from above works too.

I apply a medicinal dose of Vaykor Hek until the patient supinates and grows quiet.  Then I hack the snot outta them to make sure they don't reanimate (insert your favorite zombie music here).

Lastly I mop up all the snot.  That prolly takes the longest.

Edited by FierceRadiance
poster faild typing clarse

8 minutes ago, FierceRadiance said:

I apply a medicinal dose of Vaykor Hek until the patient supinates and grows quiet.  Then I hack the snot outta them to make sure they don't reanimate (insert your favorite zombie music here).

Lastly I mop up all the snot.  That prolly takes the longest.

This is my favorite response, just from the voice alone.

44 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Enter from their left/right side.

Instead of circling around them rather straight jump over them and blast them in the back before they turn - this way you'll have more time to hit their console than if you were running around them. A tactic that works independently of your weapon or frame choice.

Personally I like using Nyx's Mind Control (1st ability, not 3rd) to turn them to your side, and then pump enough bullets into them while they fight for you to knock them out by the time the ability ends, and without them resisting it too.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

35 minutes ago, AutoPhox said:

i remember the event *shudders* but i dont remember them taking away the use of drop kick. Oh well. Death from above works too.

well u now have to kill to hack, and it wasnt taken away 100%, given it still staggers them, u can slam them then shot the back, and repeat till they die

1 hour ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Instead of circling around them rather straight jump over them and blast them in the back before they turn - this way you'll have more time to hit their console than if you were running around them. A tactic that works independently of your weapon or frame choice.

Personally I like using Nyx's Mind Control (1st ability, not 3rd) to turn them to your side, and then pump enough bullets into them while they fight for you to knock them out by the time the ability ends, and without them resisting it too.

Too risky, they can shoot directly above you.

Especially Isolator bursas.

I'd rather not take 70%-100% of the bullets

some form of CC can help a lot.
but, you can manage even without, Parkour can get some shots in.

using your Mobility is recommended either way, as Bursas deal a lot of AoE Damage.
note that their Weakpoint is the Hack Panel on the back (3x). the Armor Plates nullify all Damage, don't shoot there. their Feet/Face and Gun take minor Damage.

Status Effects are useful too, ones that Stun Enemies in some form can be effective against Bursas. Blast works pretty well. Torid is quite hilarious if you ask me, as the Blast Status just follows the Bursa around.

1 hour ago, YellowVolt said:

Due to them being similar to MOAs (meaning they hate electricity as a machinery type enemy)

Bursas have Armour however (Ferrite Type), so Electricity is only marginally more effective than say, Impact.
Enemy Resistances have no impact on non-Damage related parts of Status Effects ofcourse.

45 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Wat? I did this hundreds of times, never once was hit midflight.

On uneven terrain this is a big problem.

If you are in a low ceilling hallway, it's quite hard to do.

If you are at a uneven slope it's not easy to do.

However, if you ROLL over them, they have a low chance of killing you.

I don't walk infront of a enemy and then jump.

Denial has a charge blind shot....

Isolator takes a very short time to fire.

Dover....Well, if you go fast enough.

I've also done this quite a few times, but if you go too low, it's quite....hard.

2 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

On uneven terrain this is a big problem.

If you are in a low ceilling hallway, it's quite hard to do.

If you are at a uneven slope it's not easy to do.

However, if you ROLL over them, they have a low chance of killing you.

I don't walk infront of a enemy and then jump.

Denial has a charge blind shot....

Isolator takes a very short time to fire.

Dover....Well, if you go fast enough.

I've also done this quite a few times, but if you go too low, it's quite....hard.

I've done this many times with all kinds of bursas in all kinds of environemnts, including low ceilings and uneven terrain. Maybe I'm that good, maybe just lucky. I don't know really.

4 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

I've done this many times with all kinds of bursas in all kinds of environemnts, including low ceilings and uneven terrain. Maybe I'm that good, maybe just lucky. I don't know really.

It just depends soley how you approach them.

Give them too much time and they will basically kill you.

I got tired of dealing with them since I un-binded roll for altfire(Controller)

I can do it, but it just becomes more of a hassle.

So I approach them from the side, flank them, then jump over them, and repeat.

3 hours ago, AurumandArgentum said:

What is your frame my good sir.

I have three available (I'm a cheap bastard who's only interested in what he can get for free, and haven't done trading.)

Ash (although I recently Forma-ed him), Oberon, and Rhino. Rhino's got the crowd control, Oberon has the confuse.

Ash can stealth past everyone with the right kit and playstyle, causing Bursas to never pop up in the first place. Also, he's an assassin, which helps a lot in dealing with Bursas too.

EDIT: I find it funny that the hack plate is the spot where you should be putting most of your bullets, especially since it's still possible to use it after you've shot it to hell.

Edited by AzyWng
Added an observation.

1 minute ago, AzyWng said:

I have three available (I'm a cheap bastard who's only interested in what he can get for free, and haven't done trading.)

Ash (although I recently Forma-ed him), Oberon, and Rhino. Rhino's got the crowd control, Oberon has the confuse.

Ash can stealth past everyone with the right kit and playstyle, causing Bursas to never pop up in the first place. Also, he's an assassin, which helps a lot in dealing with Bursas too.

EDIT: I find it funny that the hack plate is the spot where you should be putting most of your bullets, especially since it's still possible to use it after you've shot it to hell.

Ash: Use teleport and smokescreen, puts you right behind them open to attack

Rhino: Use stomp, good game.

Oberon; idk just use confuse I guess.

8 hours ago, Cyberhazard said:

Ivara, invisibility, Artemis bow, One Shot. Dead Bursa.

^^this has been my method of dealing with them should they spawn.  I'm not sure if this method has been mentioned.  One sure fire way to defeat Bursas is to not have them spawn.  What I mean is to turn off the alarms as soon as possible if you set them off.  I mention this because for some reason no one ever notices or mentions it.  

At the moment, most of the methods I have for fighting them involve invisibility, avoidance, and/or overwhelming firepower.  I do wish I had more options to give you OP.   Luckily, others have chimed in with some pretty good ones.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
additions

18 hours ago, (XB1)Deflinek said:

I'm not sure why you feel this way. Any frame with any weapon can bullet-jump behind and shot. But because it *may* be tricky there are a lot of *easier* solutions here. No gear checks, no specific hard to obtain mods or frames.

Gear check = "I can't use the one frame I want to with the specific weapon set up I want to and be effective at EVERYTHING" apparently?