Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Dread Prime be possible? (Possible spoilers due to lore discussion)

Leproxia

2 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Honestly I doubt it. Besides, we already have Paris Prime, which is almost a carbon copy of the Dread.
I see Stalker's weapons as his sort of 'homemade weapons of destruction', which wouldn't make sense to be mass produced by the Orokin.

Yeah. Dread is pretty much a Stalker version of the Paris, so we kinda already have Dread Prime in the Paris Prime.

Very interesting question! 

I believe the Stalker could 'Prime" his gear himself. Unlike the operators we play as, the Stalker did not sleep for a countless number of years ( Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day - Wiki). He was awake the entire time. We already know he is from the Orokin era since he witnessed there death. I mean it is the reason he is trying to kill us today. And since he remembers the day I would assume he doesnt suffer this "memory loss" that our operators are suffering from. So there is a possibility the Stalker knows how to make Prime gear. Or that he knows how to upgrade existing gear in to Prime gear. I think there could be a Dread Prime and a Stalker Prime to go with it :D

Edited by williamsos10

51 minutes ago, Slaviar said:

Lore wise, I don't think there's currently any obstacle for Dread Prime.

Gameplay wise... do we need another Sancti Tigris? Buffed version of already top tier weapon?

Of course we do!

I would rather see another crit/slash based bow added to the Void and let lore reflect that Stalker designed Dread in homage to it instead.

That would satisfy lore in that Dread would become a really good cheap copy of the weapon in question and would add another crit/slash based Bow to the game.

Dread is to similar to Paris, only the "main damage" type is different. If we got an ever primed bow, it will probably the Daikyu, but I think we will not have one of these soon.
But why not a crossbow ? (Attica prime ? :D)