Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Dread Prime be possible? (Possible spoilers due to lore discussion)

Leproxia

59 minutes ago, Leproxia said:

Only Tenno origin weapons can be primed right?  I'm sure Dread is a Tenno weapon seeing as the Stalker must be some manner of Tenno himself. So therefore Dread Prime could be possible if they somehow fit it within the Lore. 

IMHO the Dread is a Paris bow that was modified and distorted by thousands of years of use by the Stalker. the Despair are distorted Kunai and the Hate is a distorted non-prime version of the Reaper Prime that we haven't seen yet (I think the Ether Reaper is a variant of this base "Reaper")

So IMHO we already have prime versions of the Stalkers weapon in the Paris Prime and Reaper Prime, and we're only missing the Kunai prime.

Edited by SilentMobius

50 minutes ago, Leproxia said:

We're long overdue a prime bow in my opinion, that or a primed shotgun.

meanwhile theree are no primed crossbows at all, no primed shotgun secondaries, no primed 90% of melee weapon categories....

Edited by CrudShuzKong

36 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

After those, the only Tenno Primaries left in the game are Rubico, Daikyu, and Stradavar, which are far too new to be Primed.

Didn't stop them with the Spira Prime.

4 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Spira Prime was already out for months in Chinese Warframe, but there they called it Kunai Prime.

and thats why iam annoyed that they are the spira prime now... spira where always nice throwing blades.... and nos sadly the prime is a drill on a stick... so much hope lost on golden blade throwing....

While it is similar to regular Paris, It can't be A Paris Prime, it looks too much like a shield, Also, Despair looks also quite similar, but since we have no Kunai Prime yet, we can't make comparisons, also, Hate does not look like Reaper Prime but more like Kamas. I suggest that all of Stalker's Weapons have been built upon the chassis of Tenno Weapons. Which again, might make it more of an candidate for Umbra.

1 minute ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Why the diffrent names though? Stats?

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe they considered it too new in Chinese Warframe, since they pretty much released at the same time there. In regular Warframe, there was a much bigger gap between releases.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Honestly, I don't know. Maybe they considered it too new in Chinese Warframe, since they pretty much released at the same time there. In regular Warframe, there was a much bigger gap between releases.

Well I would personally have the ones on our side named Kunai Prime too though :(

Possible Dread Prime/Umbra stats idea, tell me if these are overpowered

Flight Speed 70m/s (85m/s Charged)
Noise Level 0.0m (Silent)
Fire Rate 1.00 rounds/sec
Accuracy 16.7 (100.0 Aimed)
Max Ammo 72.0 rounds

Normal Attacks
Impact wImpact 5.0
Puncture wPuncture 5.0
Slash wSlash 95.0
Crit Chance 60.0%

Charge Attacks
Impact wImpact 10.0
Puncture wPuncture 10.0
Slash wSlash 180.0
Charge Time 1.0 sec/charge
Crit Chance 65.0% or 70.0% 

2 V polarities and a D

Edited by Leproxia

1 hour ago, Leproxia said:

Only Tenno origin weapons can be primed right?  I'm sure Dread is a Tenno weapon seeing as the Stalker must be some manner of Tenno himself. So therefore Dread Prime could be possible if they somehow fit it within the Lore. 

Actually its not directly a Tenno weapon as just as the Stalker its a corrupted artifact. Maybe "Umbra" would suit the Dread most?

1 hour ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Honestly I doubt it. Besides, we already have Paris Prime, which is almost a carbon copy of the Dread.
I see Stalker's weapons as his sort of 'homemade weapons of destruction', which wouldn't make sense to be mass produced by the Orokin.

Dread and Paris play different roles. The Paris is Puncture based and the Dread is Slash. Different damage types fit for different enemy types.

2 minutes ago, LoreKeeper-Ronan- said:

If we're making Dread Umbra, it would make sense, would you make a brand new weapon just because it has the name "Umbra?" In fact, I think it's too low, make it a 70%.

Changed to "65.0% or 70.0%"