The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many ''spoilers'' killed the HYPE

TennoPain

10 hours ago, LegionCynex said:

Wait, Im confused, is he complaing DE showed too much, or that he took the datamine stuff granted?, cuz we all kown what will happen if Umbra is not in U19, tho I will not say until it happens. Tho you might want to bring some "Riot" Guards

Please stop with the whole, "Release Umbra by the end of U19 or we'll riot on the forums", threatening other users or developers will not get you what you want. Umbra will come when DE is ready to release it, no earlier, no later.

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

Please stop with the whole, "Release Umbra by the end of U19 or we'll riot on the forums", threatening other users or developers will not get you what you want. Umbra will come when DE is ready to release it, no earlier, no later.

after a 8-10 month of waiting. Its pretty annoying to have no answer about Umbra or date.  

Said immediately that will not go out and stop the false hype.

13 hours ago, TennoPain said:

Im not even hyped about UMBRA anymore or 70% of content thats coming in these 2 new parts of the update.

Hope DE have some EPIC content behind the obvious info regarding the new update.

no one forces you to watch devstreams. Its your own fault, not DE's sorry.

1 hour ago, yual said:

after a 8-10 month of waiting. Its pretty annoying to have no answer about Umbra or date.  

Said immediately that will not go out and stop the false hype.

Uh, they did give out an answer for Umbra. They want it to be a surprise like the Second Dream was. Little to no info about it until release. This was said in a devstream. 

But I guess no one pays attention anymore.

Edited by KJRenz

19 minutes ago, KJRenz said:

Uh, they did give out an answer for Umbra. They want it to be a surprise like the Second Dream was. Little to no info about it until release. This was said in a devstream. 

Thanks for spoiling umbras being a surprise, not everyone watches the devstreams you know 

There is only one way.

Take a break from both the game and the forum. Don't search warframe,  don't watch any YouTube about it.

After 2 weeks, come back and be surprised.

- and Umbra is a work in progress.  If they mess with the Lore too much, they will destroy more than they build. I rather they be cool and take their time. 

5 hours ago, KJRenz said:

I guess the issue is not players not paying attention anymore, but players looking for anything to relate to Umbra, given to how closed DE has been about it during these 11 months since it's release on China, eleven months of delay after delay (1 month chinese exclusivity, working on the second dream, "too many releases, we don't want umbra to get buried along all of these", "we will give him lore", the well known 2 month "guess" by Steve, the team's well deserved vacations, end of the "2 month guess" period) and then starts the silence, evasive answers, Rebecca being told to stop with the umbra related questions during a devstream, and then suddenly they decided to turn umbra into top secret and stay in silence up to now, where all we get is simply "not yet", "we're working on it in order to move on to something else once released" and "it will be amazing". 

I highly doubt there will be any riot (what could we do? Take our archwings and attack the relays? Stop doing missions and stay in our lisets watching the universe? Most likely complain a bit on the forums, share some salt, move on and keep waiting while looking for any hint)

In conclusion, I think the biggest problem, the one making players dig for spoilers, datamined info or whatever, is the waiting: 

- 11 months of waiting for umbra, and we don't know when will these end nor if us players are getting something worth the wait (in terms of mechanic, appearance, etc)

- 7 months without a big update, thus barely to no lore background to the game (except for a couple of grindy events to introduce a new faction that hasn't been seen anymore and to put some depth to a reworked boss and a new game mode) At least this wait is coming to an end soontm

Suspense creates hype, delays create curiosity which leads to digging for stuff that kills the hype, while the wait itself can kill it with no need of spoilers.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
Time to take a rest, gonna finish fixing soon

11 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I guess the issue is not players not paying attention anymore, but players looking for anything to relate to Umbra, given to how closed DE has been about it during these 11 months since it's release on China, eleven months of delay after delay (1 month chinese exclusivity, working on the second dream, "too many releases, we don't want umbra to get buried along all of these", "we will give him lore", the well known 2 month "guess" by Steve, the team's well deserved vacations, end of the "2 month guess" period) and then starts the silence, evasive answers, Rebecca being told to stop with the umbra related questions during a devstream, and then suddenly they decided to turn umbra into top secret and stay in silence up to now, where all we get is simply "not yet", "we're working on it in order to move on to something else once released" and "it will be amazing". 

I highly doubt there will be any riot (what could we do? Take our archwings and attack the relays? Stop doing missions and stay in our lisets watching the universe? Most likely complain a bit on the forums, share some salt, move on and keep waiting while looking for any hint)

In conclusion, I think the biggest problem, the one making players dig for spoilers, datamined info or whatever, is the waiting: 

- 11 months of waiting for umbra, and we don't know when will these end nor if us players are getting something worth the wait (in terms of mechanic, appearance, etc)

- 7 months without a big update, thus barely to no lore background to the game (except for a couple of grindy events to introduce a new faction that hasn't been seen anymore and to put some depth to a reworked boss and a new game mode) At least this wait is coming to an end soontm

Suspense creates hype, delays create curiosity which leads to digging for stuff that kills the hype, while the wait itself can kill it with no need of spoilers.

I'm not really angry about the lack of Umbra and any information about him anymore; I'm just bummed out that it seems DE doesn't care for him as much as the playerbase, meaning if he does actually get released, the date is far far from this point, or he may very well be forgotten. It's slightly saddening.

Edited by LazerSkink

On 6/23/2016 at 0:02 PM, TennoPain said:

Im not even hyped about UMBRA anymore or 70% of content thats coming in these 2 new parts of the update.

Hope DE have some EPIC content behind the obvious info regarding the new update.

Since i dont follow everyone on twitter, instagram, facebook, reddit, adult friendfinder, etc, i have no idea what is going on so im cool.

On 6/24/2016 at 3:50 AM, NovusNova said:

My Apologizes Nova, I was trying to point out to OP, that this was unnecessary itself, theres no need for such, I agree with you, however my biggest concern is the fact that it whuold happen regardless, alot of the points made by the other players, regarding the issue about Umbra are on-point and solid, and wins aginest all odds.

While i've pertty much given up on this hole Umbra thing, I wanted to perhas give a heads-up, due to the likelihood of what chuold happen, as I do not really want to see the forms unfold like this. Its not right, cuz it whuold not befit anyone. However I tend to misword alot of things, as proven of your response to my comment (Who I tought you was talking to someone else at first, until I readed the name). You are correct theres no need for threats and I will reword my comment, so it won't sound so confusing, to some ears.

But everyone in the comminty, are sick and tired of whats been going on lately, and funny enough Legion is right, what chuold we really do? XD, that won't get us a slap across the face?. We all just need to take this Umbra thing with a grind of salt.

So once agien, my apologies for the uncorrected wordings       

Edited by LegionCynex
I can't spell Dx