The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash or Ash prime?

spyroxion

Hello guys, I've came here with a little question. So, I've gotten into this game quite good, started doing some nice stuff and enjoying hella out of it and recently I bump more and more often into Ash players, checked youtube videos of him and dang, this frame is for me lol.

But, now the problem is getting it. And as I see it is quite complex to get primed and non-primed version of it (and in advance, no, I can't do raid yet to farm pieces for normal ash so I need to go other methods). What's your opinion, which version should I put my time into? Thing is, I have 0 normal ash parts and 2 of primed (I am missing blueprint and systems, most expensive parts in value of plat which I can't afford and don't think anyone could donate that much worthy parts lol). And I really want this frame, primed or not, so, what would be the best option to go for, primed or not? (and if not, where would be best to camp those manics? 

Primes always have little QoL changes that make them a shade or two better than their vanilla counterparts. Considering that I haven't had a complete Ash set since the Thousand Cuts event, and you already have half the parts, I'd personally rather try for Ash Prime if I were you.

Well if you aren't able to raid yet go for Ash prime you can even look in recruiting chat and try to get into runs to farm the bp and system. When you're finally able to run raids you can farm normal ash build him get the mastery from him if you care about MR rank then delete him to save up the space for something new. 

... Also Ash prime is one of my most favorite looking male frames 

2 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

What's the difference?

You're in quite a situation. Specters of the Rail, which is the next update, which will overhaul the Starchart, and as well, how Prime parts are obtained.

Right now it's pretty straightforward with mission X can drop X part. But after that update, the system will be different. Easier or harder, I don't know.

Still I'd say go for Ash Prime, try your best to farm. Regular Ash requires a lot of luck if you aren't doing raids, so Prime should suit you better (and Prime is better over regular either way)

Just now, ElGuirrix said:

You're in quite a situation. Specters of the Rail, which is the next update, which will overhaul the Starchart, and as well, how Prime parts are obtained.

Right now it's pretty straightforward with mission X can drop X part. But after that update, the system will be different. Easier or harder, I don't know.

Still I'd say go for Ash Prime, try your best to farm. Regular Ash requires a lot of luck if you aren't doing raids, so Prime should suit you better (and Prime is better over regular either way)

And when is the update? So far I am really unlucky with obtaining with any of those 2 parts and all plat I had saved up had to burn on frame/weapon slots, reactors so it might take me a while to get those 2 parts (unless it magically appears lol, never lucky with RNG xD )

Just now, spyroxion said:

And when is the update? So far I am really unlucky with obtaining with any of those 2 parts and all plat I had saved up had to burn on frame/weapon slots, reactors so it might take me a while to get those 2 parts (unless it magically appears lol, never lucky with RNG xD )

Well, ever since the last update, DE said "a couple weeks". So... Yeah

Yeah, I feel you, it's usually a pain. However you could still try, or recruit people in recruitment chat as well, get the furthest you can for more chances. And if luck's too bad, well, selling stuff for plats to afterwards buy your own works too.

19 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

checked youtube videos of him and dang, this frame is for me lol.

I guess you must really like playing characters that have no gameplay at all :D

If you can manage to slip in a nightmare raid you could get all parts of ash pretty easily.

6 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

And when is the update?

Somewhat recently on twitter, Steve said they were hoping to get it out by the end of June, so it might come out this week. A best-case scenario would be on Tuesday, to coincide with the un-vaulting of Mag Prime. But as always, it very well could be delayed. 

1 minute ago, tifanator said:

Somewhat recently on twitter, Steve said they were hoping to get it out by the end of June, so it might come out this week. A best-case scenario would be on Tuesday, to coincide with the un-vaulting of Mag Prime. But as always, it very well could be delayed. 

Think they stated in a dev stream, that it will come out after tenno-con.. yep they push the release :(

If you can do the LoR raid a few times you should easily be able to get all the parts you need for Ash. Once you build it do not put a catalyst or any forma on it. Just rank it up to 30 and sell it and focus on the ash prime which you will likely want to keep and put forma on.

Just now, (PS4)IsanjiYoo said:

Think they stated in a dev stream, that it will come out after tenno-con.. yep they push the release :(

War Within will come out after TennoCon. Spectres should be well before that, I'd say the end of next week at the latest. 

Just now, tifanator said:

War Within will come out after TennoCon. Spectres should be well before that, I'd say the end of next week at the latest. 

That was the original plan, but I think they said that SotR will be after Tenno-con.. so WW, will be pushed even further away.

9 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

I guess you must really like playing characters that have no gameplay at all :D

If you can manage to slip in a nightmare raid you could get all parts of ash pretty easily.

Well ash is like an assassin and if you have certain mod for daggers - you go daggers. And thing is the way ash is played is really like an assassin, fast, jumping from target to target, finishers etc and I like it. And I play assassins in any game. If in that game sins are faceroll class - I play it, if it is high skill capped - I train and I play it because I like it. Just that's how I play.

And no, I can not slip into nightmare raid because I don't have it unlocked idk why and I was once with clan and completed it, but 0 ash parts lol

20 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Well ash is like an assassin and if you have certain mod for daggers - you go daggers. And thing is the way ash is played is really like an assassin, fast, jumping from target to target, finishers etc and I like it. And I play assassins in any game. If in that game sins are faceroll class - I play it, if it is high skill capped - I train and I play it because I like it. Just that's how I play.

Do you even know what warframe you're talking about ?

It's ASH, the "I press 4 and 18 people in a 50m radius will die without me doing anything else" because that's how OP and boring he is. But well, enjoy then.

You can maybe gear up and try to join a normal LoR raid to obtain him.

Ash is one of those frames for whom the bonuses of Prime stats are absolutely something you want to go after. He has excellent health and sprint speed. The Prime variant introduces 85 more armor (taking it to 150 which is kind of standard/average), and adds in .05 more sprint speed. 

That .05 translates into much more when using sprint speed mods. If you are intent on making Ash "your" frame, going for the primed version should be your focus. Of course, if you happen to get a regular one along the way, it sure wouldn't hurt to build it for MR and practice anyway.

34 minutes ago, Brorelia said:

If you can do the LoR raid a few times you should easily be able to get all the parts you need for Ash. Once you build it do not put a catalyst or any forma on it. Just rank it up to 30 and sell it and focus on the ash prime which you will likely want to keep and put forma on.

This is wrong on many a level. 

From an Ash fan, there are differences that are there. For me....I use Ash for CONCLAVE and regular missions with friends OUTSIDE of the Void.  If I go into Void or LoT Trials, I take Ash Prime just cuz of the free energy & much bigger energy pool. 

If you want, Reactor the Ash if you want to keep it and collect. Same for Prime. I know a clan mate that won't touch his Prime since he sees his Ash as better. Make up your own mind on which way you want to go. 

Cheers