Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atterax - buzz kill or corrosive?

Drag0nChaser

Question

Im running the ussual crit build + primed reach.
so i have 2 slots left, on valk or volt i can go for damage in those 2 slots, so should i go for 2x dual stat for corrosive or buzzkill + jagged edge?

On other frames i will use berserker/primed fury + buzz kill.

23 answers to this question

If you are going against infested or Corpus then go with Buzzkill. If you are going vs Grineer and Corrupted corrosive is much better. Unless you are running with a group with 4 corrosive projections.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord
Grammar

Recommend body count blood rush.  With this combo it can be a monster.  Add arcane strike and quickening if you can.  I have run with a blade storm ash and switch from blade storm to this weapon to constantly have the body count build in survivals.  Lots of fun.

I run buzz and jagged.

Edited by (XB1)SwagScapegoat

Dual stat if you dont have full CP (4x or 3x+ Drift) on armored enemies. Toxic + slash should do vs corups but it will suck vs robotics so bursas might be annoying if you are going melee only.

Depends. There's a build type that involves no elementals, and goes for as many slash-procs as possible to deal damage through armor.

[Stance]
Pressure Point - Body Count - Blood Rush - Berserker
Weeping Wounds - Organ Shatter - Buzzkill - [QOL mod]

I usually put Life Strike in the last slot. However if you don't have the event mods in that build, Corrosive is the way to go I'd say.

3 minutes ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

If you are going against infested or Corpus then go with Buzzkill. If you are going vs Grineer and Corrupted corrosive is much better. Unless you are running with a group with 4 corrosive projections.

Hmm i forgot about that, but arent corpus alloy? they wear alloy armor?, slash is bad vs shields right.
But for general use corrosive i assume?, because majority of the game is grineer.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SwagScapegoat said:

Recommend body count blood rush.  With this combo it can be a monster.  Add arcane strike and quickening if you can.  I have run with a blade storm ash and switch from blade storm to this weapon to constantly have the body count build in survivals.  Lots of fun.

I know like i said, default crit build, also dont use atterax on Ash, ash doesnt take into account weapon damage nor 99% of mods. Just add Fury to a fast weapon: Dual kammas prime or dual zorens because those are the fastest weapons in the game and his ult movie length is based on weapon speed. U can use berserker but u need to melee first before starting movie.

5 minutes ago, Drag0nChaser said:

Hmm i forgot about that, but arent corpus alloy? they wear alloy armor?, slash is bad vs shields right.
But for general use corrosive i assume?, because majority of the game is grineer.

Humanoid corpus are Flesh + SHield and Mechanical are Robotics + Shield.
Shields take normal damage from slash and Flesh take extra 25% Robotics is 25% resistantant agains slashing. 

Another option would be to mod for Magnetic + toxic.

I'm talking about othr factions since Spectres of the rail are hitting somewhat soon and we will encounter other factions more.

(TLDR: Higher the level more Elemental outperforms physical (IPS) damage.)

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

8 minutes ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

Humanoid corpus are Flesh + SHield and Mechanical are Robotics + Shield.
Shields take normal damage from slash and Flesh take extra 25% Robotics is 25% resistantant agains slashing. 

Another option would be to mod for Magnetic + toxic.

I'm talking about othr factions since Spectres of the rail are hitting somewhat soon and we will encounter other factions more.

(TLDR: Higher the level more Elemental outperforms physical (IPS) damage.)

Buzzkill + jagged edge = +210%
2x dual stat = 120%
2x pure elemental = 180%

so even if heavies take -25% damage  cuzz slash, then i only lose 5% vs pure elemental? so basically slash wins for overal?

8 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

If you want to get the absolute most damage, put in maiming strike

Don't ask questions, just put it in

Dont see why i would do that if all my hits are already red :D.

1 minute ago, Drag0nChaser said:

Dont see why i would do that if all my hits are already red :D.

it doesn't end at the first redcrit

The first redcrit at 100-200% crit chance range adds the crit multiplier once, each time you pass a new "tier" (a new 100 chance) the multiplier is added again

For example, you have 2x crit damage, a redcrit is gonna be 3x, at 300% crit chance you get 4x, 5x at 400% and etc.

When you use Maiming Strike with Blood Rush, they stack, you get over 100% more crit chance for each combo multiplier, and that scales much faster than all other mod combos

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

it doesn't end at the first redcrit

The first redcrit at 100-200% crit chance range adds the crit multiplier once, each time you pass a new "tier" (a new 100 chance) the multiplier is added again

For example, you have 2x crit damage, a redcrit is gonna be 3x, at 300% crit chance you get 4x, 5x at 400% and etc.

When you use Maiming Strike with Blood Rush, they stack, you get over 100% more crit chance for each combo multiplier, and that scales much faster than all other mod combos

Do you litteraly need to pass a tier? or is 280% crit chance litteraly 2.8x more damage?.
Lets say i have 200% crit and a red number of 10k, is the damage actually 20k? but shows 10k?.

8 minutes ago, Drag0nChaser said:

Do you litteraly need to pass a tier? or is 280% crit chance litteraly 2.8x more damage?.
Lets say i have 200% crit and a red number of 10k, is the damage actually 20k? but shows 10k?.

at 280% crit chance you get a redcrit with 80% chance to add yet another multiplier

It's exactly like how the transition from yellow to red crit works, if you have 180% crit chance, you will always deal a yellow crit, with 80% chance for a red crit

And no, the damage will be shown directly on the screen, it's not hidden anyhow, except there are cases when the game just can't show the full number for some reason, really rarely though

18 minutes ago, Drag0nChaser said:

Red crits essentially double your crit damage, they do have a small amount of diminishing return, so they're never exactly double, but pretty damn close

crit damage*2-1

so if you have a 5.7x crit multiplier its 5.7*2-1=10.4 

There are tiers of crits past red, which you can reach if your crit chance is >200%, >300%, etc.  They're still red, but the multiplier increases linearly.  With organ shatter, the first red crit (100%+) does (5.7x2)-1 = 10.4x, second red crit (200%+) does (5.7x3)-2 = 15.1x, third red crit (%300+) does (5.7x4)-3 = 19.8x, etc.  And that doesn't even take into account of the combo multiplier itself.

With maiming strike, body count, blood rush, organ shatter, (primed) pressure point, and two damage mods of any kind Atterax *breaks math*.  If I can land a spin attack head shot then I can get 6-digit crits at 2.0x combo multiplier, otherwise spin attack is a consistent 5-digits.   With that damage it hardly matters what elements you choose until you get to enemy lvl 100+.  After that, you'll want weeping wounds + slash to deal bleed procs that bypass armor.

However, if you don't have a full set of Acolyte event mods then Grayscale_Lord's answer is the best:

1 hour ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

3 hours ago, Drag0nChaser said:

I know like i said, default crit build, also dont use atterax on Ash, ash doesnt take into account weapon damage nor 99% of mods. Just add Fury to a fast weapon: Dual kammas prime or dual zorens because those are the fastest weapons in the game and his ult movie length is based on weapon speed. U can use berserker but u need to melee first before starting movie.

Berserker doesn't transfer.... Quickening, body count and strike do.  Movie length is not as important as getting the movie done quickly so you can start the next one.....

Edited by (XB1)SwagScapegoat

1 hour ago, (XB1)SwagScapegoat said:

Berserker doesn't transfer.... Quickening, body count and strike do.  Movie length is not as important as getting the movie done quickly so you can start the next one.....

Thats exactly what i said, but berserker does work as explained, i also explained that you are using the worsed possible weapon for Ash.

3 hours ago, Buff00n said:

There are tiers of crits past red, which you can reach if your crit chance is >200%, >300%, etc.  They're still red, but the multiplier increases linearly.  With organ shatter, the first red crit (100%+) does (5.7x2)-1 = 10.4x, second red crit (200%+) does (5.7x3)-2 = 15.1x, third red crit (%300+) does (5.7x4)-3 = 19.8x, etc.  And that doesn't even take into account of the combo multiplier itself.

With maiming strike, body count, blood rush, organ shatter, (primed) pressure point, and two damage mods of any kind Atterax *breaks math*.  If I can land a spin attack head shot then I can get 6-digit crits at 2.0x combo multiplier, otherwise spin attack is a consistent 5-digits.   With that damage it hardly matters what elements you choose until you get to enemy lvl 100+.  After that, you'll want weeping wounds + slash to deal bleed procs that bypass armor.

However, if you don't have a full set of Acolyte event mods then Grayscale_Lord's answer is the best:

- By lineary you mean you dont have to hit next tier to see an increase in raw damage (not dps)
Also i still dont have a clear answer if the red damage numbers are the actual damage numbers or shrunk down, so for example a 10k red crit is actually/secretely 20k?.

- Do you think bleed is better then corrosive in general?, trying to find a way to do a lvl 200 survival with this setup and decided to go with banshee and have maiming strike on atterax since it seems a wise thing to do. Also i will ditch berserker probably and primed reach and team with a valk.

- DOes anyone know if banshee's sonar skill is an aura or not?, it seems that enemies on cast are affected but not the guys that get into range or have spawned after the cast??. (no glow animation on them).

- Corrosive solo or with team is better then using steel charge on my banshee?.

(doing 160k red crits atm thanks to the tips you guys gave me!, everyone have a like)

Edited by Drag0nChaser

21 minutes ago, Drag0nChaser said:

Thats exactly what i said, but berserker does work as explained, i also explained that you are using the worsed possible weapon for Ash.

- By lineary you mean you dont have to hit next tier to see an increase in raw damage (not dps)
Also i still dont have a clear answer if the red damage numbers are the actual damage numbers or shrunk down, so for example a 10k red crit is actually/secretely 20k?.

- Do you think bleed is better then corrosive in general?, trying to find a way to do a lvl 200 survival with this setup and decided to go with banshee and have maiming strike on atterax since it seems a wise thing to do. Also i will ditch berserker probably and primed reach and team with a valk.

- DOes anyone know if banshee's sonar skill is an aura or not?, it seems that enemies on cast are affected but not the guys that get into range or have spawned after the cast??. (no glow animation on them).

- Corrosive solo or with team is better then using steel charge on my banshee?.

(doing 160k red crits atm thanks to the tips you guys gave me!, everyone have a like)

Nope berserker does not work as you describe, doubt you believe me so check the wiki. Weapon speed also has nothing to do with it.

• Animation speed is affected by FurySpeedWarcry and Spoiled Strike, but not base weapon attack speed or BerserkerQuickening also affects animation speed, but only if channeling is begun before and maintained through the cast.

1 hour ago, Drag0nChaser said:

It's a linear function of which red crit tier you hit.  Linear but not continuous, if you want to get mathy about it.

The damage number you see on screen is the actual decrease in a mob's health after taking into account all multipliers, armor, resistances, weaknesses, etc.  

For lvl 200 against Corrupted or Grineer you will definitely need either bleed procs or 4x corrosive projection to do any damage whatsoever to the heavy mobs.  As for primed reach, I consider that essential for Atterax.  The reach on that spin attack is what takes it from merely "great" to "god-like".

2 hours ago, (XB1)SwagScapegoat said:

Nope berserker does not work as you describe, doubt you believe me so check the wiki. Weapon speed also has nothing to do with it.

• Animation speed is affected by FurySpeedWarcry and Spoiled Strike, but not base weapon attack speed or BerserkerQuickening also affects animation speed, but only if channeling is begun before and maintained through the cast.

Trust me when i say this, warframe wiki is the most horrible thing on the internet and most outdated / badly written wiki of all games i have ever encountered in my life.
I went in and test if for you ""again"" just to be sure and berserker works, its very noticeable. Instead of having this discussion go and test it for yourself, grab the slowest weapon you have without fury and berserker only, get a 75% stack of berserker and test it out. You need to get your stack before your bladestorm like explained, hence why i dont use it.

47 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

It's a linear function of which red crit tier you hit.  Linear but not continuous, if you want to get mathy about it.

The damage number you see on screen is the actual decrease in a mob's health after taking into account all multipliers, armor, resistances, weaknesses, etc.  

For lvl 200 against Corrupted or Grineer you will definitely need either bleed procs or 4x corrosive projection to do any damage whatsoever to the heavy mobs.  As for primed reach, I consider that essential for Atterax.  The reach on that spin attack is what takes it from merely "great" to "god-like".

Tnx allot for clarifying this, i aggree that the range lose on it is a huge DPS loss but i figured its more important to get a bit more damage to 1v1 ancient healers because they really ruin it for you.

On 01/07/2016 at 0:28 PM, Buff00n said:

Please can you share your exact build and playstyle? 

- maiming strike, body count, blood rush, organ shatter, (primed) pressure point, and two damage modM leaves a final slot should that be primed reach, weaping rounds or true steel?

- To reah those crit levels shoul I be doing slide attacks all the time like spinning forever?

Thanks

53 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

Please can you share your exact build and playstyle? 

- maiming strike, body count, blood rush, organ shatter, (primed) pressure point, and two damage modM leaves a final slot should that be primed reach, weaping rounds or true steel?

Here's my base build:

j5TD8Qg.jpg

For the two free slots:

* Grineer and Corrupted: Shocking Touch, Fever Strike (Corrosive)
* Corpus: Shocking Touch, North Wind (Magnetic)
* Infested and elemental damage resistance sorties: Buzz Kill, Jagged Edge (Slash)
* Super high level anything, enhanced armor sorties: Buzz Kill, Weeping Wounds (Bleed)

57 minutes ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

- To reah those crit levels shoul I be doing slide attacks all the time like spinning forever?

Well, yeah.

mKaOkcC.gif

1 hour ago, Buff00n said:

Here's my base build:

j5TD8Qg.jpg

For the two free slots:

* Grineer and Corrupted: Shocking Touch, Fever Strike (Corrosive)
* Corpus: Shocking Touch, North Wind (Magnetic)
* Infested and elemental damage resistance sorties: Buzz Kill, Jagged Edge (Slash)
* Super high level anything, enhanced armor sorties: Buzz Kill, Weeping Wounds (Bleed)

Well, yeah.

mKaOkcC.gif

Thanks man. Gotta try this tonight... lol