Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework of Telos Boltor and Secura Dual Cestra

(XBOX)DerangedMime00

Obtained the last couple Syndicate weapons recently and I know the majority of players agree these two Syndicate weapons are a tad lackluster in comparison to the current/buffed Syndicate rewards. So I am here to suggest some unique properties you could add to make them a bit more "epic":

1. Add Innate Explosive Proc to Telos Boltor:

Since this proc was featured previously on the syndicate mod Entropy Spike would it not be feasible to add this to the vase buid for the Telos version? Not only will it give it more damage, it can make a big difference between pinning enemies to walls while also stunning heavier grineer/corpus units for more utility. 

2. Introduce a Six Round Burst/Status Damage Boost to Secura Dual Cestra:

Oh boy this weapon has always needed a few tweaks other than ammo pool and damage. Using a concept of the Hind burst fire rifle (please wait for it I know how burst fire can be) add a secondary fire mode that provides a unique functionality to the S.D. Cestra by increasing its fire rate/accuracy/status damage when activating secondary fire mode. This can make the weapon very useful when dealing with singular targets by not wasting an entire clip plus it increases the engagement range to rival the Rakta Ballistica. By making this the fastest/most accurate burst fire secondary weapon in-game I can see no negatives if it were upgraded in this way. As always post your thoughts and have fun. :D

20 minutes ago, Vargras said:

Telos Boltor is fine. Seriously. Damage-wise, the Arbiters proc beats all the others by a mile, and with mods, the Telos is actually better than the Prime. It's totally a fine weapon.

I mean you could get the Boltor prime at MR 2, and the soma at half the MR. That's the problem honestly

And tbh in high level blight is the most damaging since it halves the health of everything in the room and does 1k viral damage, the best damage type for 4x CP runs

43 minutes ago, OzoneSlayer said:

I mean you could get the Boltor prime at MR 2, and the soma at half the MR. That's the problem honestly

And tbh in high level blight is the most damaging since it halves the health of everything in the room and does 1k viral damage, the best damage type for 4x CP runs

Speaking solely from a damage perspective (and ignoring everything else), Truth still probably wins out, since it's initial damage + gas damage over time, and a fairly hefty amount at that. However, I can definitely see Blight being more useful at very high-level play with CP involved, since it also restores energy.

For what it's worth, I still think the Telos Boltor is totally fine as a syndicate primary. It's not Synoid Simulor levels of silly, but none of them should be if you ask me.

The T-Boltor is fine. More than fine. Arguably, it's a more capable weapon than the BoltorP, at least in certain circumstances.

The Dual Cestra, however, that I can't vouch for. I used Valkyr and an very long survival to passively level it up without bothering with any mods or extras. From what very little I saw of it, I was unimpressed, but I didn't exactly give it a chance, either. My main complaint about it is aesthetic. It's butt-ugly and awkward and that can't be fixed at present. Could it use a buff? Maybe? Short of a visual and mechanical redesign, the ash heap of tenno history is the proper place for this boat anchor.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e said:

Telos Boltor is fine as it is.

Secura Dual Cestra is a total mess of a weapon, 3.5 second reload and a horrendous recoil, low damage and no supportive status or crit to go with it. It's only redeeming factor is the Sequence proc.

The recoil has just the right ammount to get guaranteed headshots, when you aim at the enemies bodies.

It can easily reach 20% status chance - at >20 bullets a sec thats a pretty good chance.

Modded for radiation it's a decent T4 priority target killer thanks to puncture focus, Corrupted Bombards will drop in a few seconds, nullifiershields get popped at the fastes possible speed and anything other than the Corrupted Heavy Gunners drops dead before the Cestras even fully spooled up.

The only value that needs a buff desperatly is the 3.5 reloadtime.

Edited by bubbabenali

20 hours ago, Vargras said:

Telos Boltor is fine. Seriously. Damage-wise, the Arbiters proc beats all the others by a mile, and with mods, the Telos is actually better than the Prime. It's totally a fine weapon.

The proc is good but the DPS of the Telos is lower than the prime.  Also, Telos Boltor projectiles have significantly slower flight speed which will cause you to miss more shots at anything medium-long range.  The accuracy of the Telos Boltor is also much lower so Heavy Caliber is a no-go.  On paper they're close but in reality the Telos relies very heavily on that proc for damage and that might not even be enough to pull it ahead.

Projectile speed and accuracy on the Telos Boltor are really my biggest problems,
bring those up to or at least closer to Prime levels and we'd have a more proper in-between weapon.

The Cestra family is kind of the Secondary version of the Supra in my mind,
however, the Supra got buffed significantly while the Cestri ... did not.

Damage is ~decent for a fast full-auto Secondary (though with spool-up time) and yeah, the Sequence effect is fun
- I still think it should restore Energy instead of a small amount of already-self-restoring Shields, what the Hek -
but high recoil, low crit chance & multiplier, low status chance, long reload and small ammo reserve ... whew.

The long reload I kind of like thematically (though even the Supra has less),
I just want it to be supported by a much larger ammo reserve (say, 600 to match the 6 Supra reloads, heh),
I don't need this to be turned into a crit weapon but then the status chance could stand to be raised, also.

Hmm ... maybe (take a look at Kohm and) give it innate Punch Through
to open up a Mod slot for the basically mandatory Pistol Ammo Mutation? :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

On 7/1/2016 at 7:09 PM, OzoneSlayer said:

If looking at MR vs damage comparison:

Dread, Dex Sybaris, Attica & Zhuge outperform Boltor Prime/Soma Prime/Soma/Telos Boltor

Attica and Zhuge with Vile Acceleration adding 180% Fire-rate (Bow treatment) have great DPS although they have Recoil to compensate. (They can Red Crit occasionally with Point Strike, Argon Scope, and Arcane Avenger)

Dread and Dex Sybaris are RNG or Time Exclusives so I suppose that helps them being balanced, in a way.

OP:

Entropy Spike is for Bolto as in pistol not Boltor Primary.

Telos Akbolto are fine the way they are, although they were more powerful for the PC players before the Semi-auto Fire-rate cap was implemented.

Secura Dual Cestra- I agree needs something ...only Syndicate Weapon I did not keep (I main Perrin Sequence so I can reacquire easily if they get buffed)

Damage seems fine to me, however the ammo pool is unsustainable, thus these are were just mastery fodder for me.

2 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

If looking at MR vs damage comparison:

Dread, Dex Sybaris, Attica & Zhuge outperform Boltor Prime/Soma Prime/Soma/Telos Boltor

Attica and Zhuge with Vile Acceleration adding 180% Fire-rate (Bow treatment) have great DPS although they have Recoil to compensate. (They can Red Crit occasionally with Point Strike, Argon Scope, and Arcane Avenger)

Dread and Dex Sybaris are RNG or Time Exclusives so I suppose that helps them being balanced, in a way.

1)I mean your comparing bows and a burst rifle to fully automatic rifles. Only Zhuge and Attica are comparable mechanics wise

2) Lol all your doing is reinforcing my point that it has the same problem the stradavar suffers. You can get weapons that perform almost twice as good both earlier, and easier.

Edited by OzoneSlayer
Typo

7 hours ago, OzoneSlayer said:

1)I mean your comparing bows and a burst rifle to fully automatic rifles. Only Zhuge and Attica are comparable mechanics wise

2) Lol all your doing is reinforcing my point that it has the same problem the stradavar suffers. You can get weapons that perform almost twice as good both earlier, and easier.

Zhuge and Attica are Bows for sake of Sorties.

Weapon class specification aside.

Boltor series and Primary Crossbows: have similar: impale mechanics, travel time, and are fully automatic

Primary Crossbows are both MR0 and because they get the Bow doubled Fire-rate mod bonus have a high Busrt DPS in comparison to Boltor, Telos Boltor, or Boltor Prime. Yet can also be considered to be more ammo efficient or long-run sustainable.

I wasn't trying to argue that MR-lock requirement should determine Warframe/Weapon viability.

More that some of the hardest hitting Primary weapons are MR0, unless those MR0 weapons are getting nerfed soon OR all other weapons get buffed it the MR requirement should not be used as justification as to why a weapon is better.

Same with a Warframe having a higher MR-Lock (Rhino) should not be better (best) of all Warframes. (Or Quest MR-locks on Limbo, Hydroid, Inaros, Equinox, etc... doesn't mean they should be the best or better Warframes because of a higher needed MR to acquire)

With MR not determining item viability, back to Boltor series:

In the case of Boltor vs Telos Boltor vs Boltor Prime

I'm okay with Prime Variant allegedly being the better weapon. It makes sense from previous standpoint that Prime Variants are the Tenno/Orion's "Best"

Telos Boltor is indisputably better Normal Boltor on which it is based off.

If Telos Boltor had been a modified Boltor Prime....I think the community would have flipped given the 'creep' from original Boltor to Prime Variant.

Ultimately I don't know if Devs will touch Telos Boltor or if they'll pull a repeat of Synoid Gammacor withan over buff followed by a seemingly harsh rebalance.

The way Scott seema to have been addressing newer tweaks seema like they are taking a more overall look at 'Balance'...except they apparently still have a tendency to go 'OP' (like them testing Bladestorm as a World on Fire clone that they said felt 'Broken', but why was that on the table to be tested anyway???)

• 3 weeks later...

Secura Dual Cestra needs a revisit. For one it's using the old 210 standard secondary ammo pool for a fast firing ammo guzzler with terrible spread and recoil. It is one of Syndicate secondary that people rarely use it since the beginning. In general very few use Syndicate secondaries these days except Vaylok Marelok.