Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Tomatoing a warframe?

UGOTCOOKIES

Question

So is Tomatoing a warframe really worth it? I just added one to my trinity prime and was planning to use power drift until I realised the exilus mod doesnt give addition mod capacity like the aura mod. (I couldnt fit in power drift due to mod capacity.)  So now im left feeling I wasted a tomato and wondering if its even worth it since I have to forma my trinity just to use the exilus mod slot. What do my fellow Tenno think of Tomatoing?

Edited by UGOTCOOKIES

On my Nova, for example, its good. I just put a max Intensify on the normal slot and power drift into the exilus slot to have 145%. On this way i dont have to waste a normal slot and are not forced to use Blind Rage or Transient Fortitude. Exilus Slots are fine on a lot of Frames. well at least when you use those Drift mods. Those Master Thief and sort of mods are just for fun i guess xD

19 minutes ago, DioBrandoTheHotVampire said:

...is "tomato" even a used term

Tbh: Never heard of it so far....

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

9 minutes ago, Stonehenge said:

You kidding right ?

Adding a potato on a warframe or a weapon is just essential for any serious build. You can't do anything in high level with 30 points. Good luck.

I was referring to an exilus adapter. I know how essential orokin catalysts and reactors are. I guess the term tomato for an exilus adapter isnt as popular as I thought it was. 

3 minutes ago, polarity said:

It does look kind of like a slice of a tomato.

Eeeh... a little.

Anyway to actually answer; yes, especially for trin prime. Since her change, I've found excellent use of her with a 72% DR bless set up. The extra 3% reduction isn't worth the duration loss for link IMO. Power Drift on exi is required for that.

23 minutes ago, UGOTCOOKIES said:

So is Tomatoing a warframe really worth it? I just added one to my trinity prime and was planning to use power drift until I realised the exilus mod doesnt give addition mod capacity like the aura mod. (I couldnt fit in power drift due to mod capacity.)  So now im left feeling I wasted a tomato and wondering if its even worth it since I have to forma my trinity just to use the exilus mod slot. What do my fellow Tenno think of Tomatoing?

Sorry, misunderstood this post.

I would say it's not a priority, depends on what exilus mods you have. Once you get the most interesting, yeah, you should put one. Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, UGOTCOOKIES said:

I was referring to an exilus adapter. I know how essential orokin catalysts and reactors are. I guess the term tomato for an exilus adapter isnt as popular as I thought it was. 

Yeap, my bad.

17 minutes ago, DiosGX said:

I think your terminology is incorrect. Tomatoing? How does a reactor look anything like a tomato to you?

And if you don't think it's worth it, try playing vs enemies higher than lvl 30 first.

... Tomato = Exilus Adapter...

@OP I only tomato something if that one extra mod will make a significant difference or allow me to mod precisely how I want (eg if that little bit of range on an exilus mod lets me replace stretch with something in my other slots). other than that it's pointless. It's "end game content" if that even exists.

8 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

@OP I only tomato something if that one extra mod will make a significant difference or allow me to mod precisely how I want (eg if that little bit of range on an exilus mod lets me replace stretch with something in my other slots). other than that it's pointless. It's "end game content" if that even exists.

If you are already using any sort of mobility mod, then moving it to the Exilus slot frees up a regular slot which is worth a lot.

In terms of survivability, being mobile is severely undervalued by a lot of players. Any of the bullet jump mods or Rush do wonders for keeping you alive, with how enemy accuracy drops off when moving quickly.

I though i was gonna get a thread on how we should have the option to throw tomato's on other players, so we can "shame" them or ruin their Fashionframe.

I gues i was wrong in my assumption.

As for Exilus adapter.. Only if you've put a few forma into the frame and would like an extra bonus in a certain area. Without forma an exilus mod won't fit on most frames.