Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starchart 2.0 was supposed to integrate Lore into the Star Map

LordPreda

I hope that it's functionally different. 

From what I've seen,  it's going to be the same old static empty star chart with added "void tears" alerts. 

What i was hoping for was something more streamlined and relevant to a veteran player. It looks like I'll just be using the quick menu like i do now. 

I do hope I'm wrong

Edited by Hypernaut1

18 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I hope that it's functionally different. 

From what I've seen,  it's going to be the same old static empty star chart with added "void tears" alerts. 

What i was hoping for was something more streamlined and relevant to a veteran player. It looks like I'll just be using the quick menu like i do now. 

I do hope I'm wrong

Less nodes, more obvious paths through to the next system, etc. As a Veteran player, you'll have to unlock all the junctions as well.

20 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Less nodes, more obvious paths through to the next system, etc. As a Veteran player, you'll have to unlock all the junctions as well.

Less nodes doesn't mean anything if they're still going to be empty. 

I was hoping for a dynamic living map that gave players of all levels something to do.  Something that made nodes feel like real missions,  and not just a level select.  Something that had a narrative behind it. 

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

Look we don't know what's happening in the sense of lore. The Conjuncture might reveal something we didn't know about. Judge when we get update, don't judge when we only have an article.

It's the Conjunction. It basically means alignment of events or things.

And I am pretty sure that it refers to a sort of alignment in space. My money is on the Tau System swinging close to us thereby enabling the Sentients to return in force.

Anyway, nothing I have seen of the new Starchart indicates that Zooming Out will reveal the regions we saw in the original concepts. Or that any lore will be integrated into the map like we were told. And I am pissed because this just furthers my impression that DE don't care about low-level, non-quest-related, non-huge-reveal lore. They removed the community-driven Simaris lore reveals and have done nothing with the Oddities system. The Codex is likewise nearly barren of any fluff text, and lately even Cephalon Cordylon has died out.

I made a thread about this previously and one of the arguments I was hit with was the new Quest. It's not enough. DE keeps focusing on these huge quests when the game outside of quests feels increasingly bare-bones. Hell, with every update there is another Lotus transmission being cut out of the game, because why not? This is why HIVE missions no longer have varied environment effects, they just have the same 3 no matter the mission.

On 6/7/2016 at 2:42 AM, LordPreda said:

It's the Conjunction. It basically means alignment of events or things.

And I am pretty sure that it refers to a sort of alignment in space. My money is on the Tau System swinging close to us thereby enabling the Sentients to return in force.

Anyway, nothing I have seen of the new Starchart indicates that Zooming Out will reveal the regions we saw in the original concepts. Or that any lore will be integrated into the map like we were told. And I am pissed because this just furthers my impression that DE don't care about low-level, non-quest-related, non-huge-reveal lore. They removed the community-driven Simaris lore reveals and have done nothing with the Oddities system. The Codex is likewise nearly barren of any fluff text, and lately even Cephalon Cordylon has died out.

I made a thread about this previously and one of the arguments I was hit with was the new Quest. It's not enough. DE keeps focusing on these huge quests when the game outside of quests feels increasingly bare-bones. Hell, with every update there is another Lotus transmission being cut out of the game, because why not? This is why HIVE missions no longer have varied environment effects, they just have the same 3 no matter the mission.

By parts:

1) I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but since the Devstream had that part in and Steve was hellbent on getting those regions in, I'm going to be surprised a lot if it's been removed. Let's just wait and see.

2) I agree 100% here, but I can get the point. Writing that stuff takes time I guess they've realocated to the Lore Quests. Same with the Warframe entries. I keep saying this is easy to solve by hiring a writer or two that can focus 100% on those things.

3) I also hope DE can do something more with the oddities. The Kuria poem was a cool concept, so I hope they can come up with other things to tease stuff. Those ghosts on various Orokin parts (I don't want to spoil much more for those who haven't played The Second Dream) could be a good thing to do an oddity about, eh?

4) Cephalon Cordylon has died out because DE Adam left DE. So they've had to find new people to do the sections he wrote. I'm also missing those Prime designs insights too, so I feel you.

9 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

2) I agree 100% here, but I can get the point. Writing that stuff takes time I guess they've realocated to the Lore Quests. Same with the Warframe entries. I keep saying this is easy to solve by hiring a writer or two that can focus 100% on those things.

3) I also hope DE can do something more with the oddities. The Kuria poem was a cool concept, so I hope they can come up with other things to tease stuff. Those ghosts on various Orokin parts (I don't want to spoil much more for those who haven't played The Second Dream) could be a good thing to do an oddity about, eh?

4) Cephalon Cordylon has died out because DE Adam left DE. So they've had to find new people to do the sections he wrote. I'm also missing those Prime designs insights too, so I feel you.

Writing and adding in a text entry cannot under any circumstances be harder or take up more resources than making a full-fledged lore quest. I'm sorry, but, as a writer myself, I could make one of those over lunch break... I don't mean that DE should abolish their breaks, but I do mean to say that what I'm asking for is really really basic, and easily implemented, and would add a LOT to the setting.

I think there's a lot of pointless bickering about something we haven't fully seen yet. But even then, they never promised to add tidbits of lore to the map screen itself. They always implied that the 'flow' of planets and nodes would feed more into the lore already set up. Considering that the Junctions have a bit of secrecy to them, I assume the lore will come in through there.

And of course, there's the whole "concepts change" thing. But I don't think it's changed as much as was initially planned - if anyone says "THEY PROMISED", then they've got the wrong idea from the start, sorry to say.

But when it comes to the rest of the content and the stance on these big cinematic quests, and how they're not focusing on the tinier systems they've added to flesh out the lore, I say calm down. They're doing more than just the quest and they can't be everywhere at once.

People have been whining about Archwing for the longest time now and they're focusing on that. They've mentioned that they were looking into the Codex before and most of the writers are probably focused on other things than the codex, the Kuria - and the Sentinel scans, which they've mentioned that they'll be returning to eventually. If you're angry, that's life - nobody can do everything at once and it's all down to who they can hire, which isn't a simple process of "just grab anyone", there are resources and investments involved in that kind of stuff.

On 7/5/2016 at 5:18 PM, LordPreda said:

What is the point of this update if no lore is added? How will new players understand what is even going on?

What makes you say that? You haven't at all actually experienced it for one and you're completely forgetting about the Junction towers which could very well include more story and lore then just having some regions of space named.

You're also quoting information from almost a year ago, things change.

Edited by SirCarmen

26 minutes ago, SirCarmen said:

What makes you say that? You haven't at all actually experienced it for one and you're completely forgetting about the Junction towers which could very well include more story and lore then just having some regions of space named.

You're also quoting information from almost a year ago, things change.

Want to know what the Junction towers are? Miniquests to unlock the next planet. More tedium, no lore. Look at this screenshot

StarChart_Update_Junction_V2.jpg

Edited by LordPreda

21 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

Want to know what the Junction towers are? Miniquests to unlock the next planet. More tedium, no lore. Look at this screenshot

StarChart_Update_Junction_V2.jpg

Oh really now? Were'd you get that insider information that there was no lore? The picture you posted doesn't even prove your point, you know you have to actually go INSIDE the junction tower and face a challenge right? Once again, even if there is absolutely no lore or story whatsoever in the junction towers how is having regions of space named any better?

EDIT; Watching the most recent devstream they specifically use the words "mystery" and "feels alive" so yeah, there is going to be some kind of story attached to the junction towers.

Edited by SirCarmen

Since no one has said it yet.....and it is a big part of lore given to us in this Update.....

KURIA & Simaris.

Kiria Had to be found throughout the space map. Once you got one, it revealed a portion of a poem about the Twin Queens. 

Simaris sent us all over the place to find certain targets to get more lore in the pack story of characters. We only got 8(?) targets and then he switched over to daily targets with no lore. 

New Warframes.

From good old riddle me this Mirage to Limbo tripping over his own feet to Inaros giving input on how Baro fits in....We got some LORE. 

If you did none of that during this Starchart.....get to it. That is all lore right there. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Since no one has said it yet.....and it is a big part of lore given to us in this Update.....

KURIA & Simaris.

Kiria Had to be found throughout the space map. Once you got one, it revealed a portion of a poem about the Twin Queens. 

Simaris sent us all over the place to find certain targets to get more lore in the pack story of characters. We only got 8(?) targets and then he switched over to daily targets with no lore. 

New Warframes.

From good old riddle me this Mirage to Limbo tripping over his own feet to Inaros giving input on how Baro fits in....We got some LORE. 

If you did none of that during this Starchart.....get to it. That is all lore right there. 

I made a thread about this one or two weeks ago. Nobody gave a S#&$