Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

90 min solo on T4 surv and Epic Fail(+a tip for long solo surv with ash)

Daemios

So I was running an Ash p on T4 surv solo.

(Settings: The standard Power/efficiency/range build with 212 power 175 eff and 140 range, with CL Karyst, Fatal Teleport, Sonicor, and 20 Arcane Trickery)

I got to 90 min, to be precise I think it was something like 92 min.

But don't just start bashing yet cuz I ran an Ash P.

Despite how ppl makeout bladestorm to be some omnipotent skill, if you'd played Ash, you'll learn that post 45 min mark, bladestorm is not all that great.

Its kill potential is very lowered even with body count, and what will happen is u get stuck on 1 enemy for a really long time and as soon as u come out of bladestorm,

a bombaard rocket will follow u and insta kill u before u regain control.

The workaround to that is to trigger invis with arcane trickery, and use bladestorm very minimally.

Rather, u need to use ur teleport to constantly finish off enemies.

And in fact, since multiple bladestorm hits on a single target does not increase the chance of triggering arcane invis, as it procs only once per enemy with bladestorm, u have better chances to trigger invis with using ur 3 none stop. Should u be very unlucky and never trigger another invis during ur 20sec of invis, that's when u become desperate and as a last resort use bladestorm hoping it will trigger the invis. Otherwise u should not spam BS after around 45min, and max 60min mark.

Also to deal with nullies u may want to bring a sonicor, so that u can just invis and go into the bubble, fire sonicor and ground finisher nullies, as they dont die so easily after 60 min in T4.(Process becomes a step longer for nullies and healers side by side , where u need to take out healer with the above combo and take out nullies next. The other method is to just use hikou or something to destroy the bubble, but I found sonicor+CL ground finisher to be more satisfying :D.

So until now I've only been doing 70 min runs solo T4. Cuz 70 min u pretty much get all the loot u want and it just becomes increasingly annoying with more and more nullies and bombaards. For some reason tho, today I thought, hey I'll try to stay as long as I can :D and did just that.

I died once until 90 min mark. And that was cuz my cat just jumped on my lap and had to throw it out. 

Then I died in the middle of a buutttload of bombaards, 2 nullies, 3 healers, a parasitic eximus and many many others, cuz unfortunately the arcane trickery didn't trigger for 20sec+the last resort bladestorm...

After that, I started getting instagibed as soon as I revived for 5 times in a row. Couldn't even bladestorm as the nullies just stood on top of me :( That just failed the mission for me.

A 92 min solo T4 surv failed just like that :D.

I am crying inside right now for the loot I lost.

I guess 90 min in solo surv is supposed to be really hard, but after this incident I kinda feel like there should be like a 2~3 sec invincibility period right after u revive.

Otherwise you'll just get instakilled constantly after ur revives, like me, making them sort of pointless.

Anyway I'm srsly gonna go grab a beer to mull over the loss of so much loot.

(FYI this is my secondary ID mainly cuz I don't like showing my real account. Just internet privacy issues I have)

Edited by Daemios

how we're getting instagibed? You have Arcane Trickery, Invisibility, and probably shadow step because that's what everyone's got. Even without shadowstep that's a loooong time invisible and able to CL enemies

25 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

how we're getting instagibed? You have Arcane Trickery, Invisibility, and probably shadow step because that's what everyone's got. Even without shadowstep that's a loooong time invisible and able to CL enemies

Dude a nullifier is standing right on top of u. U don't get to go invis at all. before a rocket hits u.

1 minute ago, -Voltage- said:

arcane trickery and shadow step are not affected by nullifier as far as I know

How are u gonna trigger arcane trickery immediately after u revive in a nulli bubble :(

Also, as ash it's always Zenurik. Never Naramon

Edited by Daemios

I don't know what you are talking about, nullifiers are great, and enhance my playing experience greatly with their ultra-tech bubble formed of antieverything particles. I mean, it's common knowledge that stuff that counters magical space ninja powers also works great at stopping bullets, arrows, grenades, lasers, toxic clouds, and fire.

#nullifiersdestroyfun

5 minutes ago, Daemios said:

How are u gonna trigger arcane trickery immediately after u revive in a nulli bubble :(

Also, as ash it's always Zenurik. Never Naramon

Or you know you could have used Ivara. but hey everyone has a playstyle.

Just now, -Voltage- said:

Or you know you could have used Ivara. but hey everyone has a playstyle.

Exactly. I'm not so well versed in Ivara, but I know my Ash pretty well. And I'm just saying it'd be nice to have a brief period of invincibility right after u revive to give u a chance to run away to get a breathing room. Just dying on the same spot 5 times in a row immediately after revive seems a bit excessive.

I feel your pain, man. This might happen when you are disconnected too.

This happened to me several times with different loadouts. My advise would be if you go for a long endless mission you have to be prepared to loose the loot for different reasons. If you really want the loot, rinse and repeat the mission because the 20 min loot is the same as 180 min ( you will burn more keys...)

Ash was the second warframe I ever owned the 1st was loki so maybe I can share my mix playstyle. 

Whenever I run Ash I run for duration build mainly because of the idea that arcan trickery can trigger and I can maintain permanent inv..i without having to ever resort to a panic.also why duration blade storm those not suffer much only in the stat of range for a duration build and so those switch teleport allowing my warframe kit to have full function ability to all my powers event the shurikan.

Now I may be avoiding the idea of getting into specific here but this is my solo loadout anytime I void

Area of Effect Weapon-Usually my torid because of Proc Corrosive and Ice it has proven helpful as the gas can minimize the bubble and even if it bounces of it won't kill you

A single target like weapon-Usually my Tysis Because of Proc of corrosive,Viral, and radiation have shown me that is helpful with dealing with heavies is quiet helpful with . Mainly what I do is I run with my tysis until I see a nullifier then I change to Torid but as long as I don't see to many nullifier I am Tysis.Now I know at higher level things change but that's when I start to look for higher ground in case if I do die from bombard or any enemy when I respawn I am not being watched over by bubble man.

then a multiple hit weapon-Usually here I go with large area weapon such as the heavies but depending on my weapon I do have I running such as if I am running torid and tysis I will either run my whip or I will run my whip and blade mainly for the range as if begin to melee while invi I want to make sure I am damaging as many people as possible

Well hope this helps you got a question ask me via Pm if you have comment just post.

59 minutes ago, Daemios said:

Dude a nullifier is standing right on top of u. U don't get to go invis at all. before a rocket hits u.

There's an invulnerability period after you revive yourself. It's enough time to get out of nullifier bubbles.

2 minutes ago, Naftal said:

There's an invulnerability period after you revive yourself. It's enough time to get out of nullifier bubbles.

the issue here is that once your out you can easily get pushed in alright lets look at his 90 minute mark that pretty legitimate now ash is not the fastest warframe but he got speed so we can say if he did re-spawn he has the chance to get out.

BUT

the issue with this is that once you respawn you have basically a 1.5 or 2 sec invulnerability but their are a bunch of bubbles converted into your room and s you travel out Bombards missiles are on your tail or were fired and are traveling towards you making it harder to get out cause all it takes is once missal to get you knock you down and now your again inside multiple bubbles.

I am sure you can understand that at 90min mark their are MANY nullifiers and many more coming in and when you respawn those many more coming in get knockdown holding their bubble in place as well as the ones near you which makes an almost full room so that is why best bet respawn ,Bullet jump up and hope you find refuge some where. 

Bring a friend?

That's the risk of going it solo. Seriously though, going 90 minutes into a solo run, you kind of have to expect getting into situations where there will just be no way out. That's where having someone who can revive you and help clear a path for when you are revived does wonders.

52 minutes ago, Clonmac said:

Bring a friend?

Sounds like he did...

Then the friend jumped into his lap and got him killed.

FWIW, I have a small throw blanket folded and set on my desk to for my cat to sleep on to avoid such mishaps. The most mine ever does is use my mouse hand as a pillow and swat me when I move too much.

Maybe it's cause I haven't slept in over 12 hours, or maybe it's because I've never gone past 40 minutes in a survival, but doesn't reviving trigger a knockback/knockdown on nearby enemies?  Or is it not far enough to get the nullifiers' bubbles off of you?

Either way, I hear you about Bladestorm.  Some people do make it out to be a godlike ability, but I think most of those people have not tried it on lvl 50+ enemies.  Teleport FTW.

6 minutes ago, Tantalus010 said:

Maybe it's cause I haven't slept in over 12 hours, or maybe it's because I've never gone past 40 minutes in a survival, but doesn't reviving trigger a knockback/knockdown on nearby enemies?  Or is it not far enough to get the nullifiers' bubbles off of you?

Either way, I hear you about Bladestorm.  Some people do make it out to be a godlike ability, but I think most of those people have not tried it on lvl 50+ enemies.  Teleport FTW.

ash suddenly became popular because  he was able to wipe out  enemies endlessly in endless rathuum wich was well beyond lvl 50+

8 minutes ago, Tantalus010 said:

ash suddenly became popular because  he was able to wipe out  enemies endlessly in endless rathuum wich was well beyond lvl 50+

16 hours ago, Tantalus010 said:

If u r packed in the middle of mobs at 90 min. u r going nowhere. The nockback can only do so much and there will be bombaards and nullies that are pretty much not affected by the knockback.

18 hours ago, Leavith said:

the issue here is that once your out you can easily get pushed in alright lets look at his 90 minute mark that pretty legitimate now ash is not the fastest warframe but he got speed so we can say if he did re-spawn he has the chance to get out.

BUT

the issue with this is that once you respawn you have basically a 1.5 or 2 sec invulnerability but their are a bunch of bubbles converted into your room and s you travel out Bombards missiles are on your tail or were fired and are traveling towards you making it harder to get out cause all it takes is once missal to get you knock you down and now your again inside multiple bubbles.

I am sure you can understand that at 90min mark their are MANY nullifiers and many more coming in and when you respawn those many more coming in get knockdown holding their bubble in place as well as the ones near you which makes an almost full room so that is why best bet respawn ,Bullet jump up and hope you find refuge some where. 

It kinda seems that Naftal hasn't been in a surv alone for 90 min. True, u get one chance to bullet jump, that is if u dont have a lag. But more often than not, at least one of the rockets out of the bazillion rockets fired immediately after revive will hit u, unless u happened to die really close to a door out. Which means u get to die instantly in most cases. That's why I was calling for a 3 sec invulnerability and knockdown immunity, to give u a chance to run away and fight back.