Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what is the best weapon for 100% status chance for blast proc?

Duhktape

Question

ok so i need to know 2 things

1: which weapons can be boosted to 100% status chance?

2: do any of these have innate blast damage, if so then i could get a guarenteed blast proc every time, but most of the ones i see are either physical (Which destroys my hopes of a blast proc) or have an elemental that's not blast, which although is still workable, i'd prefer an innate blast proc

13 answers to this question

Does it need to be "Blast" specifically? Or does a knockdown in general work? If so, then Sonicor gives ragdolls on every hit with a decent AoE.

Other than that your best bet is weapons with innate Heat damage like Ignis or Atomos.

There are no weapons with innate blast damage that have Status greater than 10%.  The best you can get is the Glaxion.  It's innate cold damage can be combined with fire to make blast, and you can use Rime Rounds and Thermite Rounds to boost status chance without getting any other damage type, but you'll still need one other dual-stat element (plus Rifle Aptitude) to reach 100% status.  this is better than a weapon that does Physical Damage because it gives you only one other damage type for the blast to contend with as opposed to three.  As long as you stack up all the cold and fire mods possible so that there's a lot more blast that any other damage type, you should get mostly blast procs.

Edited by xXRampantXx

Nearly all primaries and secondaries require three or more dual stat mods to reach 100%, so you won't be getting pure blast with them. But if you can settle for blast+corrosive, ignis, glaxion, amprex, and tysis can reach 100%

As for melee weapons if you have weeping wounds + body count you could build silva & aegis, sibear (only on the charge attack really), or twin basolk for blast, but they would all require varying combo multipliers to reach 100% status.

...Now I kinda wish I had grabbed a weeping wounds mod when I had the chance...

Edited by rapt0rman

Stepping outside the box a bit. If your goal is to CC an army, you can go with a blast Kohm. The innate punch through plus automatic fire of many pellets allows one to literally stop an invading army from advancing. I do it all the time with Saryn to spread DoTs as they lay there melting.

Thats all I got for ya.

Aside from the Sonicor which essentially has a free 100% Blast proc on every shot, some of the better options are the Vaykor Marelock (with multishot you can hit 100% status while still dealing high damage), Daikyu (just mind the firing mechanism), Braton Prime (also Slash procs) or Torid.

I think the Torid is worth noting, it doesn't hit the 100% cap but it does disperse large gas fields which can trap enemies. Built for corrosive/blast you get a weapon that has a very good chance every second to apply a Corrosive proc to an enemy and knock them to the floor. It's great at choke points, you can weaken and lock down enemies to stagger their approach then make them easier to pick off.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the empty slot with the - Polarity is there because I go back and forth on whether to have an Elemental mod or n Ammo Mutation in that slot.

Edited by WrathAscending

Boar Prime, using all 4 dual-stats, will hit 100% status.

FF7FE6BF75AB0EF9C98D7C4003F1668A0B094030

It's rare for it NOT to proc blast on the first shot, but you could get a near-guarantee by swapping Contagious Spread for Incendiary Coat (and swapping the blast dual-stats with the corrosive ones, because mod order).

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Shotguns have some weird math going on behind the scenes. When the U.I. hits 100% their proc rate goes through the roof. I believe every single pellet automatically procs at that point. This means if you want reliable blast procs you're probably looking for a shotgun. Shotguns also have Blaze which is heat and so goes well with a blat build.

I would recommend Strun Wraith if you've got it. Since you only need three 60/60's you could run that blast/cold instead so enemies are slow to get up. Boar Prime requires all four 60/60's to get to 100%, which would mean you are using blast/gas and it tears up it's ammo count.

Edited by VKhaun

13 hours ago, Duhktape said:

ok so i need to know 2 things

1: which weapons can be boosted to 100% status chance?

2: do any of these have innate blast damage, if so then i could get a guarenteed blast proc every time, but most of the ones i see are either physical (Which destroys my hopes of a blast proc) or have an elemental that's not blast, which although is still workable, i'd prefer an innate blast proc

1. There's a Multitude of Weapons that can Reach 100% Status Chance w/o any effort at All, between Primaries, Secondaries, and Melee Weapons Respectively. 

2. No. The only Weapons in the game With innate Blast damage are the Launcher Based Weapons, and None of them can Reach 100% Status, let alone 50%. Despite IPS Damage based Weapons not being elementally innate, With Multishot, it has a a chance to proc one Damage Type for one Pellet, and another Random Damage Type for Other Pellets. Considering it's 100%, it happens very often. 

But, As for a Recommendation, I'd use a Glaxion for constant Blast procs as a primary. 
Sonicor, Vaykor Marelok or Staticor for a Blast Build for Secondaries.
And For Melee, Lacera, Lesion, and Ninkondi as all 3 can Reach 100% Status no problem 

Though Blast is pretty Terrible in any Circumstance for Any Faction, Excluding infested, I hope this still helps a bit.