Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i feel tennolive2015 sigil and tennocon2016 syandana+sigil a bit unfair

cob_metallica

How dare DE give out gifts to those who showed up to TennoCon! How dare these people get something for showing their support! Bah!

Seriously though OP, you should consider changing your name to Veruca Salt.

Edited by Numerikuu

1 minute ago, armedpoop said:

You really expect that spamming this thread multiple times will get a response from DE other than "its an exclusive thing for the people who showed up"? You really think they are gonna NOT give out digital swag for people who go to their con? Not only is this downright selfish of you, its completely asinine. 

spamming? it is just the 2nd time , the older thread was dying and it brought nothing more than we know. i'm not asking to GIVE OUT digital swag 

Just now, Numerikuu said:

How dare DE give out gifts to those who showed up to TennoCon! How dare these people get something for showing their support! Bah!

Seriously though, you should consider changing your name to Veruca Salt.

Seriously tho they should find a new way to thank support, exclusive are never good.

I agree. Not all of us, Warframe players live in Northern America and crossing the ocean is quite expensive. There are those who can afford it, sure but only a handful. Wish they'd consider next Tennocon in Europe.

22 minutes ago, Gynju said:

Following your logic, why not just give everyone everything right now? Why not give all event weapons to players, that didn't participate in them? After all they could be on vacations, or didn't had PC when events started. That would be fair, right?

That does not even compare. We're talking here about an event that required considerable amount of real money, not to mention a several hour flight one way and another.

I agree, exclusivity, especially for something so unreachable for vast majority of the players is not cool. Had people who been at Tennocon were given those items for free, while the rest had to buy them, would be perfectly fair. After all being able to be at Tennocon was a reward in itself, no?

It is done, nonetheless, I would like DE to consider no more exclusivity in the future. Or consider system similar to that of Star Wars the Old Republic: people who attended the event get a code - they can use it on their account and share it five times. The people who got the code from someone can use it and share it five more times, creating a chain from player to player.

Edited by Lijka

well apparently they deleted the new thread and or merged with this one so i'll say what i was going to in the other here instead.

it was my understanding that the codes to redeem the items were tied to ticket purchase, not bodily attendance at the event.

so if you want the exclusive you could pay full ticket price for them alone, couldn't you?

Just now, steelblueskies said:

well apparently they deleted the new thread and or merged with this one so i'll say what i was going to in the other here instead.

it was my understanding that the codes to redeem the items were tied to ticket purchase, not bodily attendance at the event.

so if you want the exclusive you could pay full ticket price for them alone, couldn't you?

the item codes were given to those that attended. not tied to sales

Just now, steelblueskies said:

you had to be physically at tennocon event to attempt these codes even if you bought ticket for it

then thats the first thing to change, its not like they're handing them out to people "sneaking" in are they, so its directly tied to some real dollar value. should have its alternative reclamation option, as a pay in gift isn't a gift no matter how much sophistry.

Well the people who attended Tennocon put up with a lot of time, cash and effort to get there. So I dare say their exclusive rewards were very well earned.

Why don't you just shut up about it? L'envie ne te va pas, mon ami.

I'm totally ok with DE gifting these cosmetics to visitors who showed up at the TennoCon.
It's not like they are the only cosmetics ingame.
I'm sure that some visitors paid more than 1000$ to be at TennoCon and DE gifting them something cool is nice.
You can't have everything you want, that's life.

This entire thread is ridiculous.

DE decided to gift those who attend the very first Conference of theirs, dedicated to their successful game. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them being exclusive to attendees. You would do that too.

These are cosmetics. Chances are you won't even see them in-game, so it's not that these would "taunt" you any further.

My personal tip for you: GET OVER IT.

Especially since the money went to charity, I think they could've made like a digital ticket just for the swag. Would have made even more money. Maybe next time. I think it's alright that people that took it upon them and went there get something special. Am I jealous? Hell yes. But I also think it's nice that there even ARE these bonus things that the people got.

I wouldn't mind if there was a "virtual ticket" to TennoCon that had live streams (and later, streaming/downloadable videos) of events, the way they did with E3. Perhaps it's something they could investigate for future TennoCons. DE is pretty good at engaging with the fan base digitally, it might even be on their radar already. The virtual tickets could be bundled with in-game cosmetics.

But as for missing out on this year's TennoCon? My reaction is a deep and profound "Meh." Which is my reaction to almost every cosmetic item in the game. They'd be nice to have but they aren't critical to my enjoyment of the game, nor do they confer any kind of mechanical benefit.

2 minutes ago, Rozalyn said:

Especially since the money went to charity, I think they could've made like a digital ticket just for the swag. Would have made even more money. Maybe next time. I think it's alright that people that took it upon them and went there get something special. Am I jealous? Hell yes. But I also think it's nice that there even ARE these bonus things that the people got.

Or maybe made a different package for those that donated but could not attend. donated $20, 35$, heres the former and a shirt. $50, here's the former 2 items and the syandana and sigil. 

but im not gonna be butt hurt about a cosmetic item that was givin to those that spend their time and money with the devs 

Being from as Island myself too and the fact one of those would require time, planing and some extra resources, all i can say is that it is not the end of the world if you dont get it, inside the game it allrdy exists a couple ones cool, so... let you fashion frame flyyy xD

1 minute ago, cob_metallica said:

l'envie de ne ta pas ne fait pas tres français. et non je ne peux la fermer sur quelque chose qui me tiens a coeur et auquel les devs n'ont pas jamais précisé si ces cosmétiques seront exclusifs a vie. et si ce nest pas le cas de toute maniere ce thread permet de leur dire que cette idée est mauvaise pour une "au moins" minorité d'entre nous :)

i can understand this and no your argument has no grounds, the tennocon stuff is for the people who took the time out of there lives to go there

the tennocon stuff is supposed to a way DE says "thank you" to the attendies they are not just going to slap the thing they gave as a momento to the attendies on the market because a small group of people are whinning over a cosmetic they want

they earned it by going the distance to support DE, you are just here complaining

what if for future events they made a digital ticket, where you didnt get to go but you got the prizes and whatnot instead

i personally think its fine they got exclusive stuff for going but i can see how it ruffles some peoples feathers.

Edited by Larred

44 minutes ago, Govictory said:

i can understand this and no your argument has no grounds, the tennocon stuff is for the people who took the time out of there lives to go there

the tennocon stuff is supposed to a way DE says "thank you" to the attendies they are not just going to slap the thing they gave as a momento to the attendies on the market because a small group of people are whinning over a cosmetic they want

they earned it by going the distance to support DE, you are just here complaining

this is why i asked for clarification.

if it wasn't tied to the ticket purchase, then the only difference in where support went was supporting airlines etc, not de, and not a charity.

its not like you could get it without a ticket right?

so i think i'll say it should be let pass THIS TIME, and hopefully they will do a multistream live virtual ticket in future for those who don't want to or simply cannot due to international restrictions, attend in body.

ditto for those who would rather support the company or charity than the airlines.

56 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

The codes were printed on the back of the admission badge you received at the registration desk.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

Or maybe made a different package for those that donated but could not attend. donated $20, 35$, heres the former and a shirt. $50, here's the former 2 items and the syandana and sigil.  

Non-attendance packages would need to be notably more expensive than the standard tickets. Otherwise, it would be a huge middle finger to those who spend hundreds of dollars to attend the event in person (for reference, my total bill for food, lodging, and transportation was just shy of 400 USD and 20 hours in a car with no AC).

3 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

this is why i asked for clarification.

if it wasn't tied to the ticket purchase, then the only difference in where support went was supporting airlines etc, not de, and not a charity.

its not like you could get it without a ticket right?

so i think i'll say it should be let pass THIS TIME, and hopefully they will do a multistream live virtual ticket in future for those who don't want to or simply cannot due to international restrictions, attend in body.

ditto for those who would rather support the company or charity than the airlines.

No if DE hosts events like this and you go for the exclusive stuff why go? there is no reason to waste that much money to get a syadana and sigil, the people who went i can almost guarentee went for the chance to meet DE not for some petty syadana. So if DE wants to have a way of saying "thanks for coming" for the attendies they can give what they want to them because they were there to show support to DE which is good.

to bolded, no DE can do what they please, they were trying to be nice to the people who went out of their way to go to tennocon. It is completely fine they get to have something for the game the convention was based on. If they do digital tickets then why go? I mean it not only ruins the sentimental value of a momento because instead of seeing people who went to tennocon with it you could see someone who popped 3 bucks to make it look like he went. There is no simple solution to make everyone happy. The best thing to do is just let the DE decide how they hand out the real life event stuff and to stop desiring what was said to be exclusive on the tennocon ticket page.

1 minute ago, Inarticulate said:

The codes were printed on the back of the admission badge you received at the registration desk.

Non-attendance packages would need to be notably more expensive than the standard tickets. Otherwise, it would be a huge middle finger to those who spend hundreds of dollars to attend the event in person (for reference, my total bill for food, lodging, and transportation was just shy of 400 USD and 20 hours in a car with no AC).

hue, and people talk about others needing to get over not being able to attend even if they bought the ticket itself.

this underscores my point.

there are countries from which you could play this game but be restricted from entering the country the events being held no matter how much cash you want to flash at it right now.

if you buy the ticket but cannot physically appear, you get nothing.

if you buy and can physically show up, both due to international travel restrictions and extra cost that does not go to DE or charity, you get everything.

summing up you spend more funding airlines, fast food, and hotel motels than the charity or the game.

but in turn you get not only promo items for use in the game, but also contact and participation in live events in real life with the actual staff etc.

35 minutes ago, Govictory said:

No if DE hosts events like this and you go for the exclusive stuff why go? there is no reason to waste that much money to get a syadana and sigil, the people who went i can almost guarentee went for the chance to meet DE not for some petty syadana. So if DE wants to have a way of saying "thanks for coming" for the attendies they can give what they want to them because they were there to show support to DE which is good.

to bolded, no DE can do what they please, they were trying to be nice to the people who went out of their way to go to tennocon. It is completely fine they get to have something for the game the convention was based on. If they do digital tickets then why go? I mean it not only ruins the sentimental value of a momento because instead of seeing people who went to tennocon with it you could see someone who popped 3 bucks to make it look like he went. There is no simple solution to make everyone happy. The best thing to do is just let the DE decide how they hand out the real life event stuff and to stop desiring what was said to be exclusive on the tennocon ticket page.

so you want exclusives for physically being there. take the cosplay contest that went on impromptu because they weren't expecting people to go all out in that regard. make event rewards tied to doing a thing at the event, not simply showing up.

and as noted, if i traveled all the way there and snuck into the event with no ticket i could get the items, but if i bought a ticket and didn't go i could not?

the fack is that logic?