The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Please Slow Down With All The New Content

Laidain

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Actually, iv quit until U19... and if U19 fails to impress, its over. And even by some chance that DE manages to keep my interest just slightly, im still going to continue to push fixes... You cannot stand by and tell me that Warframe is perfect... its not possible, it has too many issues that go as deep as the core of the game... Until they are fixed, i will be very disappointed in their development process. 

Face it, Rekkou Rektjou

Edited by Sirabot
Can't believe I type that. I'm so sorry.

1 minute ago, PureIcarus said:

Actually, iv quit until U19... and if U19 fails to impress, its over. And even by some chance that DE manages to keep my interest just slightly, im still going to continue to push fixes... You cannot stand by and tell me that Warframe is perfect... its not possible, it has too many issues that go as deep as the core of the game... Until they are fixed, i will be very disappointed in their development process. 

If I was that concern on those as you I wouldn't be enjoying the game as much as I am now.

3 minutes ago, reptillicus said:

Hide contents

Well... I partially agree at least, but considering it's been months since the last major update... I NEED MUH NEW SHINIEEEES!!!

But yeah, it'd be nice if older content was more polished, but content must always be plentiful too.

What a pathetic song...

No game is perfect, as you said it's impossible. But people enjoy what they like and put up with things they think could be better, even  fully made games that never get updated again. Some would consider it a gift warframe is constantly getting fixes and updates at all.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

No game is perfect, as you said it's impossible. But people enjoy what they like and put up with things they think could be better, even  fully made games that never get updated again. Some would consider it a gift warframe is constantly getting fixes and updates at all.

Updates and hotfixes are one thing... most of which ends up being a bandaid. but Real fixes... for 3 year old content... has yet to come. Once again, they focus on pushing out as much content as possible, and not fixes the real problems. If its something game breaking, they get to it quickly.... but they dont test mechanics together, they dont fix balance, they dont fix scaling.... there are CORE problems that need to be fixed before they start working on U20... U19 is one thing, its content they have promised back in U16... but U20 needs to be pushed back until fixes are made.

2 hours ago, Pratigious said:

I prefer quality over quantity.I really enjoy that you release content so frequently but I think you should focus on what we currently have.So many new systems and features have been left behind and they have yet to get some kind of change to them.Please slow down with the content and focus on what we currently have.

Some things that were left behind:Extractors,relays,clans,cometics and arcane mixing together which is just annoying i wanna have variety with my appearance,when you're in the water with an archwing,focus,raids,sorties,invasions,the relays,i mean i dont even really use the dojo,just for getting blueprints,otherwise it's useless,Alliances,etc.You get the the jest of it.

The last major content was... S#&$... The Second Dream... feels like @(*()$ forever with that, and I was around when the bloody Liset was nothing more than the Nav Map with foundry and armory access.

7 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

This thread really isn't going anywhere after the first page...

I'mma get some popcorn ;3

I agree.Need some soda with that?

Edited by Pratigious

11 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Saying that warframe is perfect is a lie, but saying that warframe is broken in its core and will die if not fixed bla bla bla is even greater lie.

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

Saying that warframe is perfect is a lie, but saying that warframe is broken in its core and will die if not fixed bla bla bla is even greater lie.

Any game that cannot see its own flaws and fix those flaws is doomed to die when a competitor shows up and does it right. Development is about coping what works, and Warframe has a very strong concept, just an execution that is growing ever more poor. If Warframe doesnt fix their problems, they will be overtaken by another game.

2 hours ago, Pratigious said:

I prefer quality over quantity.I really enjoy that you release content so frequently but I think you should focus on what we currently have.So many new systems and features have been left behind and they have yet to get some kind of change to them.Please slow down with the content and focus on what we currently have.

Some things that were left behind:Extractors,relays,clans,cometics and arcane mixing together which is just annoying i wanna have variety with my appearance,when you're in the water with an archwing,focus,raids,sorties,invasions,the relays,i mean i dont even really use the dojo,just for getting blueprints,otherwise it's useless,Alliances,etc.You get the the jest of it.

Extractors give you resources. I think there's just not much to change about them.

Relays? What's wrong with them? I guess the server hosting could be a bit better but it's leagues better than what we had before. DE has improved on it alot.

Clans: Groups of people that contribute to blueprints. I don't see the issue.

Cosmetics: I mean, what's the problem? Are they ugly to you or something?

Arcane mixing: I stopped using arcanes so I can't really comment on anything.

Edited by Ordel

2 hours ago, armedpoop said:

They will get to these old systems in due time, or when ever they feel like it most likely.

They should be watching and polishing a new system from release to the day it's complete. Not throwing in a half finished mess and waiting years before looking at it again. 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Lube said:

They should be watching and polishing a new system from release to the day it's complete. Not throwing in a half finished mess and waiting years before looking at it again. 

Im not saying they shouldnt nor do I support that notion. I just dont set myself up for primed disappointment, we know how DE operates, by this point we shouldnt be surprised or expect anything better, lets be real here.

15 minutes ago, Sirabot said:

Face it, Rekkou Rektjou

Face what? some people whining that game will die just because their demands are not met? DE have been facing those people for years and not a single time those people are proven right.

Any game that cannot see its own flaws and fix those flaws is doomed to die when a competitor shows up and does it right. Development is about coping what works, and Warframe has a very strong concept, just an execution that is growing ever more poor. If Warframe doesnt fix their problems, they will be overtaken by another game.

And here comes the non existent game that will kill warframe unless they fix specific problem you demanded. At least you didn't brought up Destiny or Overwatch

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

Face what? some people whining that game will die just because their demands are not met? DE have been facing those people for years and not a single time those people are proven right.

And here comes the non existent game that will kill warframe unless they fix specific problem you demanded. At least you didn't brought up Destiny or Overwatch

As i said... its a world of copying what works.... someone will make a space ninja game similar to warframe, it will have a unique mechanic that beats out warframe and people will go to that game. Stop acting like its never happend, stop acting like it will never happen. Im not saying it will happen now... or even soon.... but the chances of it happening are there.

15 minutes ago, Ordel said:

Extractors give you resources. I think they're working as intended.

Relays? What's wrong with them?

Clans. Groups of people that contribute to blueprints. I don't see the issue.

Cosmetics: I mean, what's the problem? Are they ugly to you or something?

Arcane mixing: I stopped using arcanes so I can't really comment on anything.

Dang it.I meant arcanes shouldn't be tied to cosmetics. 

Extractors don't really gather enough resources.

Well I mean all they're used for is just blueprints and trading,other than that no one really use's them.I don't really get the point after that.

Eh,all relays are the same,nothing is different about them among the planets.I'd be nice if each relay had a different look.I mean it would be nice if each relay matched the typical environment of each planet.Like if Mars had a relay it would look desert-ish.

Edited by Pratigious

6 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

Dang it.I meant arcanes shouldn't be tied to cosmetics. 

Extractors don't really gather enough resources.

Well I mean all they're used for is just blueprints and trading,other than that no one really use's them.I don't really get the point after that.

Eh,all relays are the same,nothing is different about them among the planets.I'd be nice if each relay had a different look.I mean it would be nice if each relay matched the typical environment of each planet.Like if Mars had a relay it would look desert-ish.

None of these things are things that need "polishing" though (Or not prominent enough to warrant a do-over), they seem more like things that bug you specifically. (Extractors give you something, it's better than nothing. They mitigate some of the grind, remember when we never had em?)

They'll most likely add-on to these things at a later date though...

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Just now, PureIcarus said:

As i said... its a world of copying what works.... someone will make a space ninja game similar to warframe, it will have a unique mechanic that beats out warframe and people will go to that game. Stop acting like its never happend, stop acting like it will never happen. Im not saying it will happen now... or even soon.... but the chances of it happening are there.

High chance there won't be any, only DE is brave enough and dedicated enough to make and maintain game so unique and risky. The other will make something entirely different that it won't compete with warframe and the rest will just copy another generic shooter that they will compete with each other but not warframe.

And just wanted to point out that what you're doing is warframe forums equivalent of youtube's "My SAS brother will come and kill you if you didn't apologize'" It doesn't mean and proof anything, you just made up non existent threat to use it as a bluff so people follow your demand.

Just now, Rekkou said:

High chance there won't be any, only DE is brave enough and dedicated enough to make and maintain game so unique and risky. The other will make something entirely different that it won't compete with warframe and the rest will just copy another generic shooter that they will compete with each other but not warframe.

And just wanted to point out that what you're doing is warframe forums equivalent of youtube's "My SAS brother will come and kill you if you didn't apologize'" It doesn't mean and proof anything, you just made up non existent threat to use it as a bluff so people follow your demand.

For starters, its not a threat, its happened before to games with just as much following as warframe. Secondly, Why are you even here? The forums are a place for people to voice there opinions about the game, positive and negative, you seem to only be interested in telling people their opinions are wrong. Thirdly, Many people agree that warframe has serious issues that need to be addressed before more broken and unpolished content should be released... for instance, Damage scaling, and artificial difficulty increases. As well as a more rewarding experience for veteran players. Many of those players have voice their opinions and given suggestions on how to fix these issues, they are not wrong for doing so, so you have no right to tell them otherwise. Lastly, DE has failed to show any evidence that their development philosophy is sound, Perpetual Beta, Quantity over Quality, and continuous content that clashes with existing content shows clear evidence that DE has lost their formula along the way and should take a step back for a few weeks, rediscover what they really want to do with this game, then proceed with caution while involving all the players, not just new players.