The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

I feel like these updates just make it harder and harder to actually connect and play with others. The last three times I tried playing multiplayer on random segments it just quit. It wouldn't even let me join a squad. Needs to be fixed ASAP

I'm sorry, but I must be totally honest here. I quite simply dislike every single change that has occurred in this update. Really, I do not like *ANYTHING*. I've played this game for 3 years, 2 accounts, and I truly have never been so disappointed in all my time on this game. Let's just get to it, since this will be painful to read...

Fissures

Fissures are boring, you do the same thing over and over for EVERYTHING now. They are like an involuntary mobile defense just to get some trash you usually don't care about.

Fissures take longer because they are tied to a game type too. You need to complete the objective and then spend 5 minutes on the damn fissure.

Fissures PUNISH SOLO PLAY since you don't have optional rewards when playing alone. This disgusts me, I play alone, and now I'm being #*($%%@ by you.

Solution

Bring back towers, without keys, and remove the alert system and fissures completely. Relics can be used in selected towers to extract a reward similar to the speed of getting an item from an Orokin Derelict Vault. This reward is taken from a room that spawns before the extraction room, and all relics must be planted into a pod in the center of that room, which subsequently dispenses an artifact. This artifact then distributes rewards upon extraction in the exact same way as the current system. Change Defense and Survival missions to 20 minutes and 20 waves, and interceptions to 3, 4 or 5 waves all counting down to 0 - whereafter you must go to extraction through this artifact room.

Furthermore, relics should not be lost in this new system, like dragon keys they do not disappear unless you *USE* them (Which all players who carry one must do, of course, not just 1 person like with a dragon key) so that when you disconnect after doing a Fissure you lose your Relic, but this way you don't lose your Relic unless you disconnect in the 5 second space between the artifact room and extraction.

Archwing Flight System

In the old system, you could change directions instantly, it was very responsive and very easy to handle, as well as being pleasant to use. Now, you add some great long sliding mechanic, so I can't go through tight gaps with any ease, I just go face-rolling into a wall 16 times before getting through a gap, this is profoundly annoying, I want the old system, with 100% friction on turning, back.

The weapon reticle has been made much larger, except now it's just a STUPID blot on the screen, making aiming harder and less comfortable. I despise it.

Solution

Reverse this completely, it's absolutely revolting.

Credits

Oh boy, did you screw this one up... We need to stockpile credits for Baro, especially those of us who HAVE JOBS and CANT PLAY 24/7 but still want to get enough credits and ducats for Baro - which you ROYALLY #*($%%@ UP by the way.

You nerfed the Void, I'll get into that later, and now prime parts are earned from those annoying, boring fissures. Okay, but those missions don't give any credits - where the old void used to give some much needed credits.

Sorties now give no credits? Are you genuinely taking the piss? I mean, I can understand if that is a joke, but NO CREDITS? Slow down there buster, I need those credits to actually use those fusion cores that I KEEP GETTING from all of these sorties that I do. Well, not any more, I can't be arsed with Sorties now that they give no credits and I already have Nezha. What the hell is the point? Some trash weapon that I don't want? Sod off, I did sorties for the credits, since I needed them for Baro, who I actually do care about. But no, of course, screw me, I play alone and don't have the time to sit there repeatedly doing boring &#! wave 5 runs for the worst, slightest, most useless amount of credits.

Dark Sectors give half credits now! I didn't mind wave 5 Akkad for some credits, when it gave 25k. That was, just about, bearable for some last minute credits that I need for all the expensive crap that Baro usually has. Now what? 12k for wave 5 Akkad? What is this crap? You're telling me to do 30 runs of wave 5 Akkad for 300k credits which is about 1 item from Baro. Are you joking? Are you ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS

Solution

Way more credits or lower prices on Baro.

The Void

Well done, there is now, quite simply, NO reason for anyone to give a crap about the void. Great job! Why in the hell should I ever go there? What, exactly, is there that I should give the slightest crap about? No credits and no prime parts, okay, so what? Mods? I don't need more crappy mods from the challenge rooms. Tell me what the precise F*** I'm supposed to get from that map. Tell me where I'm supposed to go to get anything worth a crap. I HATE you for what you did to the Void. I LOVED that place, and look at what you did to it: It's destroyed. WHY?

What really pisses me off about this is that you took away the tower keys. Now, see, you may be ignorant of what people enjoy doing, but I really liked coming home and doing a 40 minute solo run on a T4 Survival. It was relaxing, okay? Do you get that? I found it relaxing to solo a few T4 Survival runs and do a few Hieracon runs to top up on T4 Survivals. It was tranquil, and I'd get a good couple 100ks of credits from it and a nice little pile of ducats - splendid, I could chill out. Oh but, yet again, it comes back to "F*** you, DV", so now I don't get anything worth a crap from endless survivals, and I can't do them for prime parts. Thanks, A******s. You took away the one thing that I really liked doing in this game.

Solution

Same as my solution for Fissures. Get rid of fissures, introduce towers without keys, use relics to apply to a pod in a room preceding the extraction room that cannot be gotten past until all relics have been placed into the artifact. Once the artifact has all relics, it can be acquired like a Vault reward (press x, unlocks door to extraction, someone acquires artifact) and then the rewards are distributed like they are now.

Or even better, just make that artifact room the Extraction room, and so you get the reward for completing the mission but everyone just needs to press x on some artifact before the mission completes, that way, if someone got trashed and lost all lives, they can take someone elses relic but their relic cannot be used (but still gets taken). This way, relics could only be used upon completing the mission, ensuring that relics *CANNOT* be lost through disconnection. A room with an extraction wall on each corner, perhaps with a few steps leading up to it, and an artifact pod in the center, glowing away, waiting for everyone to press x on it. Once everyone has pressed x and remains inside the room (perhaps make them press x again if they leave to room, to prevent any time gaps between extraction and activation).

Hopefully I've explained myself well enough, but there are clearly MANY ways to do this which are infinitely better than this fissure S#&$ that still retains the towers.

Alerts

Let's keep this one short and sweet. If they're supposed to be our new source of credits, they suck, and need to be at least pentupled (Multiplied by 5) to be even worth CONSIDERING. Furthermore, the fusion core rewards are rank 1 and, as such, are worth less than scratching my balls for 10 seconds. 5 max rank fusion cores, perhaps, would be more sensible.

Solution

Better rewards as mentioned...

Overall, you should be utterly ASHAMED of this update. I said I would pull no punches, so I haven't, I'm being totally honest here, and am putting my anger in as real as it is - since I think that this update is degrading. I am sincerely disappointed in you as a company for putting out this trash "update". Absolutely livid about this.

Edited by Dark-Vortex

51 minutes ago, Dark-Vortex said:

I'm sorry, but I must be totally honest here. I quite simply dislike every single change that has occurred in this update. Really, I do not like *ANYTHING*. I've played this game for 3 years, 2 accounts, and I truly have never been so disappointed in all my time on this game. Let's just get to it, since this will be painful to read...

Fissures

Fissures are boring, you do the same thing over and over for EVERYTHING now. They are like an involuntary mobile defense just to get some trash you usually don't care about.

Fissures take longer because they are tied to a game type too. You need to complete the objective and then spend 5 minutes on the damn fissure.

Fissures PUNISH SOLO PLAY since you don't have optional rewards when playing alone. This disgusts me, I play alone, and now I'm being #*($%%@ by you.

Solution

Bring back towers, without keys, and remove the alert system and fissures completely. Relics can be used in selected towers to extract a reward similar to the speed of getting an item from an Orokin Derelict Vault. This reward is taken from a room that spawns before the extraction room, and all relics must be planted into a pod in the center of that room, which subsequently dispenses an artifact. This artifact then distributes rewards upon extraction in the exact same way as the current system. Change Defense and Survival missions to 20 minutes and 20 waves, and interceptions to 3, 4 or 5 waves all counting down to 0 - whereafter you must go to extraction through this artifact room.

Furthermore, relics should not be lost in this new system, like dragon keys they do not disappear unless you *USE* them (Which all players who carry one must do, of course, not just 1 person like with a dragon key) so that when you disconnect after doing a Fissure you lose your Relic, but this way you don't lose your Relic unless you disconnect in the 5 second space between the artifact room and extraction.

Archwing Flight System

In the old system, you could change directions instantly, it was very responsive and very easy to handle, as well as being pleasant to use. Now, you add some great long sliding mechanic, so I can't go through tight gaps with any ease, I just go face-rolling into a wall 16 times before getting through a gap, this is profoundly annoying, I want the old system, with 100% friction on turning, back.

The weapon reticle has been made much larger, except now it's just a STUPID blot on the screen, making aiming harder and less comfortable. I despise it.

Solution

Credits

Oh boy, did you screw this one up... We need to stockpile credits for Baro, especially those of us who HAVE JOBS and CANT PLAY 24/7 but still want to get enough credits and ducats for Baro - which you ROYALLY #*($%%@ UP by the way.

You nerfed the Void, I'll get into that later, and now prime parts are earned from those annoying, boring fissures. Okay, but those missions don't give any credits - where the old void used to give some much needed credits.

Sorties now give no credits? Are you genuinely taking the piss? I mean, I can understand if that is a joke, but NO CREDITS? Slow down there buster, I need those credits to actually use those fusion cores that I KEEP GETTING from all of these sorties that I do. Well, not any more, I can't be arsed with Sorties now that they give no credits and I already have Nezha. What the hell is the point? Some trash weapon that I don't want? Sod off, I did sorties for the credits, since I needed them for Baro, who I actually do care about. But no, of course, screw me, I play alone and don't have the time to sit there repeatedly doing boring &#! wave 5 runs for the worst, slightest, most useless amount of credits.

Dark Sectors give half credits now! I didn't mind wave 5 Akkad for some credits, when it gave 25k. That was, just about, bearable for some last minute credits that I need for all the expensive crap that Baro usually has. Now what? 12k for wave 5 Akkad? What is this crap? You're telling me to do 30 runs of wave 5 Akkad for 300k credits which is about 1 item from Baro. Are you joking? Are you ACTUALLY BEING SERIOUS

Solution

The Void

Well done, there is now, quite simply, NO reason for anyone to give a crap about the void. Great job! Why in the hell should I ever go there? What, exactly, is there that I should give the slightest crap about? No credits and no prime parts, okay, so what? Mods? I don't need more crappy mods from the challenge rooms. Tell me what the precise F*** I'm supposed to get from that map. Tell me where I'm supposed to go to get anything worth a crap. I HATE you for what you did to the Void. I LOVED that place, and look at what you did to it: It's destroyed. WHY?

What really pisses me off about this is that you took away the tower keys. Now, see, you may be ignorant of what people enjoy doing, but I really liked coming home and doing a 40 minute solo run on a T4 Survival. It was relaxing, okay? Do you get that? I found it relaxing to solo a few T4 Survival runs and do a few Hieracon runs to top up on T4 Survivals. It was tranquil, and I'd get a good couple 100ks of credits from it and a nice little pile of ducats - splendid, I could chill out. Oh but, yet again, it comes back to "F*** you, DV", so now I don't get anything worth a crap from endless survivals, and I can't do them for prime parts. Thanks, A******s. You took away the one thing that I really liked doing in this game.

Solution

Same as my solution for Fissures. Get rid of fissures, introduce towers without keys, use relics to apply to a pod in a room preceding the extraction room that cannot be gotten past until all relics have been placed into the artifact. Once the artifact has all relics, it can be acquired like a Vault reward (press x, unlocks door to extraction, someone acquires artifact) and then the rewards are distributed like they are now.

Or even better, just make that artifact room the Extraction room, and so you get the reward for completing the mission but everyone just needs to press x on some artifact before the mission completes, that way, if someone got trashed and lost all lives, they can take someone elses relic but their relic cannot be used (but still gets taken). This way, relics could only be used upon completing the mission, ensuring that relics *CANNOT* be lost through disconnection. A room with an extraction wall on each corner, perhaps with a few steps leading up to it, and an artifact pod in the center, glowing away, waiting for everyone to press x on it. Once everyone has pressed x and remains inside the room (perhaps make them press x again if they leave to room, to prevent any time gaps between extraction and activation).

Hopefully I've explained myself well enough, but there are clearly MANY ways to do this which are infinitely better than this fissure S#&$ that still retains the towers.

Alerts

Let's keep this one short and sweet. If they're supposed to be our new source of credits, they suck, and need to be at least pentupled (Multiplied by 5) to be even worth CONSIDERING. Furthermore, the fusion core rewards are rank 1 and, as such, are worth less than scratching my balls for 10 seconds. 5 max rank fusion cores, perhaps, would be more sensible.

Solution

Overall, you should be utterly ASHAMED of this update. I said I would pull no punches, so I haven't, I'm being totally honest here, and am putting my anger in as real as it is - since I think that this update is degrading. I am sincerely disappointed in you as a company for putting out this trash "update". Absolutely livid about this.

I get you. You love Warframe. Your passionate about it. And you're hurt.

I think a lot of us are. Its like someone took our favorite hobby and just...killed it. Replaced it with something...that just isn't the same. Isnt made from nearly the same stuff, in terms of quality or fun. Something that is more concerned with wasting our time through sheer repetition than with entertaining us. Something more concerned with selling us stuff, than with rewarding our time spent playing. 

Believe me, I understand the hurt. The frustration.

1 hour ago, Dark-Vortex said:

The Void

Sadly I have to agree. So far my impression of what many call "Specters of the Fail" is not good at all. It's said that a picture can say more than a thousand words.

eddiewhaaa4LINI.gif

Edited by ----Fenrir----

2 hours ago, Dark-Vortex said:

Fissures

Solution

Archwing Flight System

Solution

Credits

Solution

The Void

Solution

Alerts

Solution

YES so much YES!!! I agree totally!!! They didn't like their jobs anymore so they decided to kill the game in one update.

Fissures

Solution

Archwing Flight System

Solution

Credits

Solution

The Void

Solution

Alerts

Solution

The entirety of this i couldnt agree more, this update to me feels like a disaster. 

Fissures

Solution

Archwing Flight System

Solution

These two things will be the reason why I quit the game. 

Honestly I think DE simply needs to poll the community on which to keep, and act on that.

• Old starchart vs. new startchart
  • Old archwing vs. new archwing
  • Old Void vs. new fissures

I'm not a fan of any of the changes (I am in the same boat as Dark-Vortex). I feel absolutely betrayed that a game I have invested so much time (and money) into can result in this unplayable wreck. I'm not talking about bugs, bugs I can forgive. I'm talking about removing any reason to actually play the game, especially to play for fun.

I'm 5 logins away from a Primed Fury, which is the only reason I login each day. That said, since there sure as hell isn't any reason to actuallly play, so even that might not be enough.

Edited by SoulOfTheHunter

snip

This so much, I feel like I'm busting Vauban's balls just to get things done now. I played this game to relax, not play glorified excavation over and over again just to get some garbage primes. Not only that but if I want to solo for prime parts I have to deal with void enemies and regular enemies trying to kill me at the same time. 3 corrupted bombards and a juggernaut with every ancient on it isn't fun. And if I fail the fissure, I fail the whole mission without a chance to get even a single thing from it. But if I finish the fissure I still have to also finish the mission.

I'll be honest I put a lot of money into this game, but even with that fact if the game is no fun then there's no point in coming back to it. This update actually made me and my girlfriend uninstall the game. Yeah 'qq' and 'good riddance' to me I don't care, I just miss the game I loved a few years ago cause this definitely isn't it anymore.

It would be nice if the new archwing parts were given their own tab in the "Offerings" menu for the six major syndicates. Once I've collected all of them, they have a tendency to continue to clutter up the menu because I don't currently "own" any of them. Thanks again for all your hard work this update!

Alright having had a little bit of time to try out the various aspects of this update I'll toss in my two cents on everything.

The Map Rework:

Overall I think the new map system is quite nice. I feel a much better map of progression now and it makes me more interested in 100% unlocking all the nodes than before, I almost wish I could reset the map to experience unlocking it as a new player would. 

The junctions are an interesting feature. I rather like the sort of checklist quests they have that reward you both with access to a new planet but also quests, blueprints and resources. It seems a novel way to lead players to trying new things/introducing the various quests.

Mechanically I will say I would much prefer the option to click on and inspect a mission node before immediately launching a countdown while solo. It's quite easy to accidentally click on a node and nearly be thrown into a mission you just wanted info about. In that same vein making the nodes unselectable sooner while zooming out would be much appreciated as it's quite easy to accidentally click a node while at a medium zoom and click & dragging the map to pan. Additionally the click & drag to pan the map should be a bit faster imo, it takes quite a lot of separate drags to navigate between planets if you want to use that functionality.

The Market Rework:

The new market is...interesting. Once I got the hang of it it's rather nice. The Search bar is the saving grace of anything else in the change tbh, so useful being able to just quickly narrow down what you're viewing. The categories are basically what they were before. Finding where the blueprints were moved to was a hassle at first, the tabs when viewing an item should be a bit more obvious in their size or placement.

I would appreciate if the blueprint/acquisition tab was normalized across all pieces of equipment. Many items that are researched in the dojo have a tab explaining that you can buy the blueprint for the item there. However items that are quest, alert or junction rewards should also inform you how you can acquire their blueprints outside of the market.

The Void/Prime Gear Rework:

I'm on the fence about this one. On the one hand I like a lot about the new system and how it encourages playing all across the star chart and allows you to easily see the drop tables and rewards in game. On the other hand I'm a bit lukewarm about the actual gameplay of the fissures and kind of annoyed that the new system seems to punish solo players.

So the relic systems is overall quite nice, you can see the drop tables and relative rarities in game whenever you want this is a massive boon for people hunting down specific prime items. The ability to refine the relics and tweak rng in your favor is another wonderful feature that should help reduce grind. Additionally being able to pool and pick rewards across your team is wonderful for fighting the grind and rng as well.

The flipside of all of that is that it all kind of sucks for solo players as you have one roll of the loot tables per run reducing your chances at rare items and the fissures themselves are harder to complete as lower enemy spawns means fewer reactant drops to complete the fissure. In my brief few solo runs it was quite hard to get enough reactant to drop from enemies in the time allotted. 

The fissures themselves are an interesting mechanic but not quite as engaging as I was hoping for. I guess I was hoping the void missions would  be like reverse void sabotage where you would find portal devices to plug our keys in to during normal missions allowing us to enter the void and complete a challenge there instead of just dropping a bunch of void enemies on us randomly.

Kavats:

Space kitties! Yay! The long awaited companions. Visually I love their design but I knew that from all the devestream previews of them. Their method of acquisition at least is leaving a lot to be desired.

Having been around during the initial implementation of kubrows I must say the method of acquiring the kavats is simultaneously better and worse than the initial kubrow acquisition. Initially I recall the drop rate for kubrow eggs was incredibly rare, I farmed for days before giving up and only getting one later when it appeared on an alert. So on that front the kavat scanning is a bit better in that within only a few missions I already had a solid start on my dna collection and can see the progress there, making the process less discouraging. However unlike the Kubrows which only required a single rare item drop the kavats require 20 item drops to acquire your first kavat and 10 for any additional kavats. This makes it a much longer grind and given that scanning a kavat with a codex scanner is a more involved process than kicking over kubrow dens it makes acquiring a kavat a much more effort intensive process than a kubrow. With that in mind I feel the dna should have a much higher drop rate as it is never a thing you can acquire by accident unlike kubrow eggs.

The other issue I'm having with the kavat acquisition process is the fact that as far as I can tell there is literally nothing in game that actually tells you how to acquire the dna items. The kubrow got an entire quest explaining and guiding you through acquiring your first kubrow. Given how I already compared and contrasted how the kavats have a much more involved process shouldn't there have been a quest that explains this and at the very least rewards you with everything you need for the incubator segment so you can get started with less issue?

Now I obviously can't comment on the functionality of the kavats as companions as the acquisition process is proving to be very grindy and time intensive so take that for what it is.  

The Archwing Rework:

Alright so I was a bit excited for the archwing revamp, got a variety of new archwing gear in preparation of spending more time in the mode. After spending some time with the revamp I must say it only succeeded in improving one area of archwing gameplay while going several steps backwards in most others.

First off the improvement. The new aiming reticle and system are wonderful, it's far easier to aim and hit things with the arch-guns now, this is the one positive effect of the close FOV.

The downsides of the close FOV are numerous however, least of all being the habit of this close FOV inducing simulation sickness in many players. The close FOV make sit difficult to avoid obstacles to the sides of your archwing and makes strafing or reversing especially hazardous on the corpus tileset. The FOV also compounds the issues you'll have recovering from collisions with the environment as it can be extremely difficult to navigate your way out of tight corners you get wedge in.  Additionally it makes melee combat absolutely absurd to watch and control as the vast majority of the time your target and swing will be connecting off-screen making it a complete mess to play with.

Now to the real elephant in the room the much anticipated "six degrees of freedom", I think "six degrees of simulation sickness" is the more apt given the features of this addition to archwing gameplay. I'm a bit of a veteran of flight games and I must say this change moved archwing from a fun if a bit bouncy arcade flight system to the single worst flight controls I've ever encountered in a game. I'm sorry if that's harsh but it's true. There simply is no control to support the 6DoF and as a result you end up with what boils down to the same exact flight system as before but now the levels rotate around you randomly. Combined with the close FOV this is horrific for people vulnerable to simulation sickness.

There are a couple of options I can see for how to fix this issue with the 6DoF. First being to simply remove it and go back to the more arcade style flight system. There was nothing wrong with it and the 6DoF adds very little to the gameplay with the current tilesets imo. In the grineer asteroids you just ignore it altogether as there is no defined ground plane and there is no need to align yourself to any of the asteroids as none of them are used in mission objectives in a way aligning yourself to them would be advantageous. And on the corpus trench run tileset you want to be constantly aligned to the ship's ground plane in order to keep your bearings.

Now if we're determine to keep the 6DoF then we need serious control overhauls to support it. My suggestions for that would be to replace the "move up" and "move down" keybinds with either a set of "rotate clockwise" "rotate counterclockwise" keybinds or a "realign to ground plane" and "rotate modifier" keybinds where the rotate modifier would allow you to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise with the strafe keys while the modifier is active. 

And finally it goes without saying that the slow auto-align that happens when you stop movement is the absolute worst part of the whole thing and any realign to ground plane command needs to be a swift movement that resolves itself quickly so you aren't subjected to several seconds of watching the world rotate around you.

Now on to how the movement model itself was changed. I do like the more slow and deliberate movement system that is currently in place, the archwing feels like it has mass that you need to take into account when moving. My only nitpick with the system is that the drifting you get when you release the controls plays hell with the Itzal's Penumbra ability forcing you to recast it several times if you try to cast it before coming to a full stop. This makes the ability much less useful for evading enemies as you rarely want to wait to drift to a stop before deploying your countermeasure.

My main other nitpick is the new sprint flight model feels very stiff. The animation while sprinting is basically static and the fact that the archwing turns itself towards the camera while reversing yet retains full firing functionality is incredibly weird and disjointed looking. Additionally attempting to perform these sprinting maneuvers in tight spaces is harder than ever due to the arcing turn it does when reversing as opposed to standard movement where the wings simply articulate to perform the movement. So please either go back to the old sprinting system where your look controls determined everything or do a serious overhaul of the sprinting animations to accommodate the new sprinting functionality.

Now as far as how archwing gear and rewards have been redistributed I must say I am enjoying immensely. Being able to research and acquire all the arcwhings from the dojo is a godsend as the only reason I had the iztal in the first place was because it was acquired this way. Additionally it strikes me as a bit weird that the archwing augments are random loot from enemies while archwing weapon parts are available from syndicates but I won't turn away cutting out the rng from acquiring archwing gear. I haven't looked into it but if this change also means the archwing weapon parts are tradeable then it's an even bigger win in my books.     

Edited by Riot_Inducer

I love this game, it is in my top 3 most played games in 25 years of gaming. It is one of two free to play games that I have ever paid into, and I did not regret it as I felt my enjoyment merited a cash contribution. I was actually patiently waiting for a 75% off so I could buy more platinum for aesthetics and the like. Warframe has never been perfect, but has always been enjoyable, unfortunately that has changed with this update.

The unmitigated and resounding hate that is filling this megathread is occurring for one simple reason: THIS UPDATE IS A ****ING MESS. The amount of bugs and lack of polish is absolutely pathetic. I don't know who gave the green light or applied pressure to force the green light (marketing perhaps?), but that was an extremely poor decision. A few thousand new players doesn't mean **** if you alienate tens of thousands in the process. The new direction to gameplay that is poorly applied in this update does have potential, but it would have been better applied months down the road once the concepts were fleshed out, expanded, playtested, properly integrated and debugged.

I'm not here to cry because I'm resistant to change or think you should develop your game based upon my agenda. I am simply a player who loves this game and I am telling you straight that you ****ED UP, BIG TIME.

1 hour ago, ZabbaHead said:

A few thousand new players doesn't mean **** if you alienate tens of thousands in the process.

New players won't even be able to play the game in the first place. I created a new account just to test out Specters of the Fail as a new player, and I got progress-blocked at Mars because it requires me to complete an Invasion, which don't appear on the low-level planets unlocked at that point. DE didn't playtest this at all and it's showing.

5 minutes ago, Scylax said:

New players won't even be able to play the game in the first place. I created a new account just to test out Specters of the Fail as a new player, and I got progress-blocked at Mars because it requires me to complete an Invasion, which don't appear on the low-level planets unlocked at that point. DE didn't playtest this at all and it's showing.

Tell me about it, I did the same thing. I'm still trying to leave Earth. Can't do Mars junction and having a tough time finding eximus units for Venus junction

What I still don't understand is why in the hell do Damaged mods exist. All they do is screw over new players who aren't aware of the difference. They just waste resources and credits, both of which are extremely valuable to new players. Same goes for MK1 weapons, there needs to be a basic weapon that can just be bought with credits, but surely the normal non-MK1 weapons fill this role.

Specters of the Fail has made me consider uninstalling. This cut out endless keys for one-time prize, grind is even worse and the overall feeling of this heaping pile of crap is that DE develops major updates without QA and playtesting. Space Mom may play the game, but if everyone in the development side of this game played the gaddamn game they might see why they're getting so much S#&$ for this update.

I'm terrified to imagine what kind of mess would U19 be if DE didn't split it up into 3 separate updates...

7 hours ago, Riot_Inducer said:

However unlike the Kubrows which only required a single rare item drop the kavats require 20 item drops to acquire your first kavat and 10 for any additional kavats. This makes it a much longer grind and given that scanning a kavat with a codex scanner is a more involved process than kicking over kubrow dens it makes acquiring a kavat a much more effort intensive process than a kubrow. With that in mind I feel the dna should have a much higher drop rate as it is never a thing you can acquire by accident unlike kubrow eggs.

^What he said.

For the relay junctions, it would be REALLY nice if there could be like a check mark on the rewards if we've earned them, and an icon that's either blue if they aren't cleared, or green if they have been cleared.  Basically, it should be easier to determine what junctions I have cleared, and what junctions I haven't cleared upon inspection.

This problem originates from having a large portion of the 2.0 star chart cleared, and having that completion grandfathered in, so there's several moons and planets that have enough completion to make the exact status for most of the relay junctions ambiguous.

Add one more "disappointed" to the pile.

I like Star Map 3.0, but I think it needs some changes.  The fact that alerts take over the nodes is probably a bug, but I'm sure that'll get fixed eventually.

The Void Fissures CONCEPT is okay, I guess?  As many have stated, it's nearly impossible to do solo if RNG is not in your favor.  Anecdotal "I did it fine with my XXX frame and XXX mod with XXX and XXX" doesn't help.  We shouldn't have to run these with special Warframes and mods to make the mission viable in solo mode.  Even playing with 2-3 people it can be hit or miss.  Half the time, the people I'm grouped with have no clue about what they're supposed to do when we activate the fissure and leave reactant laying around.  I dutifully pick it up and add it to the fissure, only to be killed by a swarm of enemies.  Also, if you don't seal the fissure the mission just aborts!? What is up with that?  I went through and completed the primary objective on a few missions before I tried the fissure, both solo and grouped, and then when RNG failed us on the reactants we basically wasted 20 minutes of our time!  That needs rethinking, folks.

I had HUNDREDS of Void Keys, mostly in the T1 and T2 groups.  Now I have 30 relics.  That's a pretty terrible conversion rate, DE.  Also, it seems like, between all of the relics, the drop pool is shallower?  I think I, along with a lot of other players, used to rely on the Primarch Guild website and the drop tables were MASSIVE.  I like that we have more control over what gets dropped and can choose what we actually want between what other relics people dropped.  That's cool.  I also like the void traces to "prime" our relics.  That's also super cool.  However, what happened to all the other parts?  

A friend and I ran some void missions to open up more spots and we got nothing for rewards.  We sat through 20 waves of Defense in the Void, hoping for something... nothing at all.  I think I read this is a bug?  Well, we've had 9 Hotfixes since then and no word if this was addressed.  I'm not going to waste another 20 minutes finding out, since now I have to spend all my time in Warframe ----->>>

FARMING CREDITS.  Credit drop is abysmal.  I need a ton to make parts for frames, craft weapons, consumables, etc.  So now I load up, run to an endless mission, go as long as I can, and get half the credits I would think I should get.  Nice.  Also, I saw that the booster display was bugged, so maybe I'm still getting something, but it still seems like the drops are way off.

I haven't done any archwing missions since the change, since archwing has never seemed fun to me.  The missions were always too spread out, the Grineer were bullet sponges that were too far apart to kill efficiently, the Corpus enemies were always hiding in cramped cubbies or spawned directly behind me after I cleared a spot, etc.  There never seemed to be a lot of mods or weapon variety, and they ONLY drop on archwing missions... so it was a "gotta grind something S#&$ty in the hopes of making it better" situation.  I would begrudgingly do the missions just to unlock a planet for extractors.  Now I hear the controls are really bad... so I will just skip them until I hear back.

Really not feeling this update, DE.  It's not like my platinum degrades (at least not yet?), but the fact that my key hoard was destroyed and Void missions are worthless makes me less interested in playing.  I played the new system long enough to get my Ash Prime parts (FINALLY) and then I'm only logging in to get my daily rewards.  I'm not even at max level, being only Mastery Level 11, and I already don't feel like continuing until something big happens.  I have other games to play that DON'T feel like I'm slowly crushing my own testicles in a vice.  

I don't know if you guys already know that but Steve mentioned yesterday that Fissures are getting a rework.

He is not happy with the result either. But just the part of the 3 Minute kill everything, cause it is kind of out place.

He wants different challenges that suits the mission type. Not just kill everything that spawns. Also enemies of the tileset should be taken over by the Rift and get corrupted rather than  new enemies just spawning.

The Relic System he is quite happy as it turned out.

Also likes the idea of expending the trace limit by the Mastery rank or farming traces in the void. 

So people should keep posting Feedback and possible suggestion s in the feedback threads cause they read through it.

I guess everyone should watch latest prime time as it was rather informative.

Just soloed a few fissures: 

There are so few enemies (re-)spawning and you totally have to rely on RNG, that a good amount of reactant drops. If you don't bring your mandatory insta-gib gear, there is a decent chance you fail the mission, because there isn't enough reactant to close the fissure.

I just failed at 90% with 50 seconds left.

Randomly fail missions, because of random drops to get a desired random drop from a random alert with a random relict you got through a random drop from another endless mission. But hey, you can improve ur chances if you fuse some random dropped ressources into your relict. Why do I even play this game.

I tried it on my PC with a new account since my main is on console PS4.

Played for a few hours and after failures to progress(due to nonsensical requirements) I uninstalled the PC version of Warframe.

Bugs I can tolerate but this update is a total fail.

I waited seven months for this and gave DE money?

Bah!!

Spectres of the Fail.