The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

2 minutes ago, Kasarian said:

I like it more or less, though chance for Kavat DNA should have higher %.

Also could you add some kind of tracking for available and/or incomplete Junctions the same way we can track syndicate missions, alerts and rifts?

Some info on War Within perhaps?

Should also add back the information for each planet about how many missions you've complete out of how many total like Missions Completed 13/15.Unless its already here and I cant see it?

I believe you completely murdered the fun spirit of the game with these new void fissures. I've tried my best to like it but I despise it and it's not fun. The rewarding challenge of going on a hunt is now 75% better chance everytime I go. That's not challenging or fun. There's no competition aspect in this either since everyone can take everyones drops. I don't know why you thought this was a good idea or perhaps you're planning on selling and cashing out but your community is QUITE divisive on the side of "what were you thinking, why were you thinking this, we don't like, get rid of it". There's a few who like it but those same few are the ones who are still farming for basically complete ease because they didn't have things. For the rest of the game that DO you ruined it for us. What do you think everyone else who isn't on our side currently will feel when they get to this point?.... 

If you want to make good updates that don't divide the community 90% to 10% for HATING what you're thinking is a good addition to this game. Make a Private Test Server like other games and LET US TELL YOU. I don't want to come off as rude but I can also see this mega thread has next to no replies from you(DE). I'm sure you're aware of it and you're going to come up with some ways to edit the fissure idea. If that idea isn't going through the fissure into the void(we know and love) and doing the old mission the way it was.. and at the end when WE choose for the hunt to end we all leave with the SAME PARTS AS EACH OTHER. 

This update has completely crashed platinum prices. it's almost as bad as consoles now. Why would someone purchase platinum now? We can get everything literally for free. Ugh I'm sorry I can't give any respect to this update and I tried my best to write this reply for about a week now. You've done amazing updates DE. Many amazing game changing updates with good intuition and great creativity. This is NOT one of them. Worst part is this is the type of update that not only divides the games community in a large freaking mass but it's pushing MANY of them to leave the game completely. I for one only plan on doing raids(since it's not ruined) which is 1 a day then getting off. There's not 1 logical reason to play.

I don't need to trade anything since I can get it with pure ease and if I do it's dirt cheap because everyone has it. I can't do a long term mission for risk/reward because the void is not rewarding in any way now. The only challenge left in this game are the sorties. 

I went from telling everyone I know how godly this game is and how much credit you guys as developers deserved. You still deserve that credit and respect regardless of this update. But please before it's gone with the hope that the majority of this community is FASTLY losing. Revert your changes. 

After the change to the void I have found myself, and others, drifting away from warframe. I will be honest when I say I had my reservations about a change in the system, though tried to give the new system a chance.

I believe a lot of people, myself included, are disheartened with the fact that the void is now just a space on the map where there happens to be argon you sometimes need. Where before you got argon while trying to farm for prime parts.

I can honestly say it was my clan mates taking me to the void when I first started that got me hook on the game. I worked towards having better weapons, warframes, mods, etc all the be able to help my clan mates and others out in the void while farming for prime parts, argon, and ducat fodder. There were many other players who had this very similar idea.

The void fissure system just seems underwhelming. The main issue that seems like it was trying to be solved was key sharing scams. The whole getting to select the reward at the end of a mission is just a modified version of tower exterminate, capture, and mobile defense whose issues were in the first place the fact they only offered a single drop. (Eliminating the selection system in favor of getting all four rewards would help more players feel content.) But now there is higher over all player grind as clan member and random people can no longer help others out with hosting a mission.

The void trace system also enhances the grind, especially with the ridiculous cap of 100. (Make this 1000 and people at least would help people be content. Heck make an upgrade segment for this purpose.) But upgrading a relic only enhances the odds of getting the rare items slightly - most people will be upgrading relics for the rare items. So you spend 100 traces on a relic and then get a common item anyway. Now you gotta farm for the relic again and farm traces again. Repeat. Repeat ... repeat .... I wonder what is going on in other games....

The complete elimination of void keys also seems needless. Why relics instead of keys? Why can't the relics look like the old void keys? I'm curious about this. Void keys are lore friendly. Relics are just different.

I do believe that the old void should be brought back but the void fissures kept as well. The reason is that there are players that like both. There is no reason for one group to be alienated over the other. The void keys could be brought back and the keys could be used to close the fissures. They could still be upgradable - potentially could even be used to help enhance drop tables in the void missions as well as the fissure missions. This way people who like the fissure system can use it and people who like the void system can use it.

I really do love this game and I feel the disappointment of the people who enjoyed the old system but understand the desire from something different for the ones who embrace the new system.

Hopefully a good compromise can be reached.

Suggestion; if a player takes in a refined relic and other players choose that relic for the reward then the bonus void traces should reflect the amount of traces that when into refining it.
eg
Intact = 1 traces
Exceptional = 3 traces
Flawless = 5 traces
Radient = 10 traces

These values are multiplied if more than one player chooses that relic.
Example; I refine a relic to Radiant, the other 3 players like what my relic rewards at the end of the mission then I am awarded 30 traces.

Getting 1 trace from each player after spending 100 to refine it doesn't seem right.

just wanted to share my current expirience with the update and hotfixes. I m playing on the european servers with german language, currently mr19,with a lot of clan weapons to still be build, so maybe some points may not be valid for other regions. i dont know. and please forgive me for my bad english grammar ^^ (long post incoming ->)

--The new player expierience--

I'm not a new player anymore,but i tend to liike to help others in regio chat and so on. Warframe was quite unforgiving and i watched a toon of tutorials,vids to get my started and some direction. currently the rails should give that bit of direction, but i feel they seem to get more questions started und look a bit "out of place".

RAILS:

What i mean by that is for example before you could go and kill eximus enemy if you wanted. now you are forced to,to progress. and as a new player you dont have the scannes to show you the names, you just see the level, so how would you know what that "thing" is. Other tasks have the same problems. There are a lot of info there,but you dont know where to look for them,get them and so on (derelict keys is another). So what ends up happening is players asking in chat or going out to goole/watch vids/tutorials... again. which kind of defeats the purpose of the solarrails in my eyes. its a step in the right direction, but atm i feel it does more harm then other.

The rails it self seem a bit strange to me. you get the quests/tasks to complete,which is fine. then you gfet portet in a strange place where a warframe shadow thing attacks you?why?why would you just use your space ship to fly to the next planet? i kill the specter and kneel down, thats it? well okay on to the next... hm nothing more. havent played alle the nodes,so maybe at the end there is waiting a bot reveal, but at this time it seems a bit like a barrier next to the other parts of the game. watched the dev stream,where steve said the ceremaonial thing was quite good intended with this to show progresss. the gameplay problem at the moment is every rail is literally the same, maybe as a new player they seem different,where you cant one shot the specters and have to fight more and it makes them more interessting, but idk. Atm i dont feel a progression level up feeling of sorts, like i get when completing different mastery tests, which are different and this feels nice, like a challenge. idk for the the rails seem a bit dosconnected.

RESSOURCES:

the ressouces for new players....since i tend to hang out in regio a bit i see players litterally losing there mind to get some basic ressouces like control modules or neural sensores. before the update, you could get them at the earth (first planet) after you got your first void key. you were able to get argon,control modules and so on. archwing quest ist one of the first quests a player gets, you can get the ressouces to build the arcwhing at your first void missions,which you get after phobos,so the void would be your 6th planet,which takes basicly forever if you are new. The other ressouces with kind of the same problem are orokin cells and neural sensores. These ressouces are very late obtainable for the new player atm the moment. you cannot get a taxi that easy like before,since the recrution chat is dead (more to that and why later on). so taxi is not an option, which means you have to ask in guild,if u have a guild and want to join one,which is near impossible if you try the recrution chat,since no one is there...so you are stuck with your gear, not the right ressouces grinding on.

what i m getting here is, you can get relics/prime stuff quite early, you cannot build them since the ressouces for these come late in the starchart progression. Your weapon choice is super lilmited with no argon. You cannot find help easly. if you wanne make your own guild you like forma like crazy (+time). you cannot build forma,since neural sensores are quite late. so you are stuck in a grind hole/loop. this is super unhealth for new players and kills the joy,the feeling to progress quite fast i feel.

DRAGON KEYS/VAULTS:

sees are in the orokin lab now..why?isnt the lab supposed to be for clan tech? if there are there name whise,why are the derelict keys not in the lab?in terms of new player progression this is a slow down.the reason why is, with the dead recruitment chat its hard to find a clan ingame, with the ressouce barrier its hard to build one on your own. i feel like getting a clan,the clan research weapons was/is/should be in a point in the game where you either want a specific weapon and wonder where to get them or want the mastery or want to get an own clan build and decorate or want a place to trade yourself. its not forced upon on you as hard as it is right now. you could play without one, use the tradeoptions by others inviting you and be okay for a very long time of the game. now its forced upon you. why i say that?

Because getting courrupted mods is a big point progression wise from the early stages of the games to get into the mod games. more powerfull weapons/warframes and so one. it is now nearly looked,getting the bp is a hassle, because getting in a clan is hard, getting the void traces is quite grindy at the moment (1-10 per run without nekros). let alone getting a full vault run party seems nearly impossible with no player using recruitment chat... i feel the bp should not be in the orokin lab or in fact anywhere in the clan tech. i see the point to get the derelict tileset a bit more implementet into the game as whole itself. the problem is at the current state this only adds more barries and frustration for newer players.

MONEY/CREDITS:

The update lowered the the credit rewards, i dont know for sure who it is for new players, but i dont see any invasion type missions with money rewards anymore and a lot of players ask how/where to farm for credits to buy blueprints from the market/build stuff. So i'm assuming its a bit of an issue if you start out. The missiong invasions kind of remove an very obvious option for players to farm easy cash and get them farming in the progress. now you only have the alerts, which yes the cycle is faster, but you do them and they are gone. In the past i remember there where a lot of times a bunch of infested invasions offfering 10-15k credits for the 3 runs. which as a new player, when you dont know what/where to farm or progress and in need in some credtis seemed like a good place to start or progress to unlock this missions to get there. i thing you get my point, this part added a much needed direction for new players and a credit income.

Dont wanne write more here,since i m not sure if its such a hughe issu,but its a point to make in terms of new player expierence.

--Starmap--

DESIGN/OVERVIEW:

musst say after a while and after the click radius of the missions nodes was increased i'm kinda okay with it. it feels good to use after you get used to it. A mid level zoom point would be really nice for some flow and to avoid the zoom out and accidental mission starts on the zoom in. because there is a point where you are zoomed out pretty far,but not in the "zoomed-out" version of the map so to speak and basicly clicking mission if you want to zoom in.

Another thing i dont mind as much,but seems lees intuitive for new players is the ressouce/extrctorsymbol thing. i get the premisse to hide/show the ressouces you get when using the extraktors you see the ressouces they can yield. But if you start out you dont build extraktors. you farm for stuff. you buy bp's and ask yourself,where do i get x. check the starmap and dont see any ressouces. zoom in and dont see any ressouces. A simple solution for this would be to add in both or just the zoomed out version a extra button on the right to toggle on/off show ressouces. so higher players might turn this out. as a new players i can click it. and in the overview (and maybe in the zoomed in planet view too) this shows me a bar below the planet like the old overview map was, with the ressouces you can drop in the missions on this planet. it would be easy and a button to find and no super hidden. thats why it would be better to maybe add in both zoom modes. and please add tellurium and orokin chiffres to this lists showing on uranus and the derelict. would really love this feature.

on top of my head can't thing of much else to add so far in terms of starmap design etc. maybe make it possible to show player profiles while in the star map, but i think its a game/engine limited thing and really minor.

NIGHTMAREMISSIONS:

kinda adding the mission things in this point,dont know where else to add them. are they coming back? would like to see them come back for normal missions,couse it was quite fun to run them from time to time. and please add a "Nightmaremission" tag to the alerts that pop up and have nightmare mods in them. a new player will not know if this alert is a nightmare one or not from the name of the mod rewareded.

DARKSECTORS/EXCAVTION (TIER 2):

I know there are changes coming to the whole darksectors system, but at the momement,there is only one darksector excavation on europa (and one normal tier 2 excavation on the same planet). These are the only tier 2 excavations on the starmap. And on this icetilesets the spawn is super buggy, with alle the elevation and so on. Since excavation is the fastest way to get keys at this moment, you are stuck with only these 2 maps to farm t2/t3 relics... Please add some variety. I know the relic change was announced in def stream 77 with more drop locations;eximus. But still excavation seems really good,since you could get cores+relics in one run.

LIFE TO STARMAP:

as far as i understadn the intention with the new void system was to bring the starmap/missions more to life. that hiher rank players would do normal missions and this way help newer opne to progess. the new void mission are all seperate instances from the normal nodes, so maybe i'm not getting the point. But i feel like this defeats the purpose as what the new fissure system should do. But will hopefully be changed in the future.

--NEW VOID/FISSURES--

i know there are a lot of threads feedback on this, i read some of them. still wanted to add my personal opinon,maybe something new/different i dont know.

SOLOPLAY:

i'm super confused why this is never adressed and i have not found anyone talking about it. i'm not a solo payer per se, but i m in a two man clan with my friend. i used the recruitment chat to run my void defenses faster. offered my keys,when i felt like it and searched for players. if i dont feel like other players and wanne listen to music/other stuff in the background, i ran some missions solo. But for players who like to solo a lot or have internet issues this new void system seems like slap in the face. If you are a solo player you are already missing out on the raids. havent run any myself so far with mr19. and arkans add some depth to the game you frankly missout, if you dont wanne pay the ridicoulos prices in trade chat. So with the new system with relics you are punished even more. and no the fixes to the void in dev stream 77 dont change that at all.

Let me explain why i feel this way. If you run solo at the moment you have to close the fissure yourself. you can do that, with the right equip it's not a big deal. totally possible. you can do the other mission objective solo too. no biggy. with the announced dev stream 77 change this part doesent seem to change. Where i feel you lose out really really big and i cant stress this enough you really loose out. is the current end of mission choose your prime reward. one could argue,yeah you still got a reward from your relic. well thats fine, but if you place anyone before the choice to get one prime part roll form the tier of relic he chooses to run/equip or 4 rolls, what would you guess he would do?anyone in their right mind would rather have 4 rolls on a relic to choose from then one roll and being forced to choose that. So there is at this moment and as far as i know there will be no reason to run relics/fissures solo/duo/trio. because you simply loose out on possible rare drop rolls. this is a hughe issu in my eyes. and i really blows my mind why other players dont seem to see this as such. all the repetive fissure farming,nekros frame looting as a must have, recuitment chat uselessness aside. i feel that this i a main concern and will blow up,once these other issues are fixed and for me it removes a large part of the game and would you could do,have fun/chill. Please find a solution. dont relly have a good/viable option to balance solo/group runs, but please fix this in the next update.

RELIC VISIBILITY/RECRUITMENT CHAT:

i have seen this in suggestions a bunch of times. so please make a lobby or some dragonkey style feature to show before mission which player uses which relic, if and how its refined. This would instantly bring life to the recruitment chat. Help new players a lot, bring enjoyment to them,help the vault run situation, kavat gen farming and all that. void recruitment was a large part of the traffic in the recruitment chat before specters of the rail update. At this point and without this change there is no point in using the recruitment to find players farming the same mission. You have no way to check if the players are running or even owning the same relics you do, if the are refined. so why would i search for players for several minutes to get a chance,where i could have run easily one or more fissure missions in this time and got the same rng chance with my random party mates and public matchmaking.

TILESET UNIQUENESS:

Another point i have only seen adressed once so far by lokenplays in his stream is,the tileset uniqueness of the old void. The new fissure missions should chnage the mission and remove the repetitive tileset. But what a lot of players and maybe the devs seem to forget the orokin void with his unique tiles represented a point in the playerprogession. You reached the void, you where doing void mission. You entered a part of the endgame. You are running around/fighting in a special tileset,which represents just that. Which was created for that. Which has special enemy, yes corrupted,but you will not find them anywhere else. You are not runing earth defense again, its new. You dont know where the sabotage caches are,because you have not seen this tileset so far. Searching all the hidden rooms in the void tileset was super fun for me. And you got a meaningful reward from that every time, every mission. compared to normal sabotage where it is not. This exploration of the void tile sets was one of the most fun times i had in the game. nearly every void room tile has a hidden room. how awesome is that for a new player to explore and expierience. I mean i have played the void a lot with mr19 and sure i get tierd of it some times. but i would still consider the void tile set one of the most beautiful tilesets in the game. Now days it is just a another empty planet where u go to farm your argon and control modules. And no new player willl search for hidden rooms,traps and so. This part of the gameplay gets completly removed with the new fissure system.

The dev stream 77 showed the changed fissure system and yes it looks good. But even if we add a multiple stage mission,where you free a dude,to unlokc the fissure/information,fight off hughe armys of corrupted,which are out to get him, get on the escape ship with him and run another tileset/mission after you leave the escape pod/sip. you would still be on the same old tilesets you run to unlock during the starmap progression. And i m stunned how players/develpoers cant seems to see or miss how seeing the void tile set the first time,with the information in your mind you would get the shiny prime stuff from here would leave an imprint in a new players mind. seeing all this glowing/shiny gold ornaments so super intact,seeing primes frames running in your party using the enery passive on the orbs. this party was a mind blowing new player experience. which was achieved by the new tileset by a large margin. adding fissures to normal mission tilesets is super nice and a good idea and i see where the development team comes from, but if removes so much from the frist impression of prime farming, exploration that i'm not convinced with current path the game is taking with fissure missions. I m just one guy, and i started out before specters of the rail,so maybe a new players will find it still awesome. and maybe other players feel another way. but thats just my take on it.

DUCATS/PRIME JUNK:

My personal feeling is that is hard to farm prime stuff to sell for baro in good concisness. let me explain this a bit. the reason for that is, that yes in theory you can chouse between four different ducat values and get the best value for your relic. But for this to happen you need to know or have a list for all/or most ducat values of each tier fissure. So i did my fissure run. endscreentime. 10seconds timer. Go. 10seconds to look which primes your team rolled, check your list/mind to get their value for ducats and then chosse. The get the values down in your head you need to play a lot and i mean a lot and need the neck for it to remeber this kind of stuff. which i find is not an option. To check 4 thing on a big list seems a bit of a demanding,since you need to tab you and so on. So you will in most cases not end up with the optimized ducat value for your relic. Another point is, that i m not taking into account rolling rare drops from relics. So you wanne farm ducats,right? well here is the rare drop from a relic your random teammate had, you wanne choose this one and let the 50ducat value thing go? hard choice to make. assuming here you know alle the rare drops for each relic tier. which again seems only an option if you play a lot. Keep in mind in all this cases if things get vaulted relics stay,so this list gets only larger over time.

So in the past you would have like 10barrel of a thing and none or only a few other parts. Whatt to sell for ducats,easy. the barrel you have a ton off and dont need. With the new system i see myself more hunting for stuff i need to complete sets off. and since things are easier to complete you end up with more sets. so what to sell for ducats, you could sell this parts,but again you can super easy get the complete sets. and selling a complete set to get ducats feels really bad. I mean i like the harder choice you have to make now up to a point to get ducats. But i feel it harbours a lot more frustration for a player. since you might end up selling complete sets,nearly complete stuff which feels realy wrong.

yeah kinda all for the new void stuff, feel like i missed some stuff bothering me. but cant think of it at this moment,so might not be such a bug deal.

--Archwing--

not a super big arcwhing player,but found myself getting headache from the saturn defense alerts,all other stuff was okay. Camera will be changed back they said in the dev stream 77,so yeah not an issue anymore and the defense is gone as normal mission. Dont play this mode a lot. so not much to say. an issue i came across tho is the archwign efficiency mod. ended up looking in the wiki where to get it,since i'm missing it. since the defense is removed is only drops from enemys with a super low chance. is this coming back as a mission reward? couse grinding enemys in an interception seems like stuff you wanted to remove with the update. and to get new players into arcwhing getting basic mods a bit more convienent seems like a good way.

played the archwing hunt down mode ince, failed. seems super alpha/beta stage. since you get no feedback if you shooting the right things. and its was so annoying to fly with the camera,that i ended up reading a post what to do in the mission,but didnt played it again. sry but arcwhing seems not super fun for me.

--Kavats--

only did one so far,the buffs seems super good. fun to play with. like them as much as the kubrow. problem vakuum. in a game where grinding is a or the main feature having to collect all the stuff per foot basiclly seems like a real drag,so stasis for them too... thats not a problem with the specters of the rail update so not the place for it here. brozime basiclly said all in his video about this.

--Final notes--

thanks for reading, whoever worked through this long post and my writing ;) my thoughts so far if the relic/recruitment thing and the solo play aspect will be fixed i m fine with it. a new direction the game is taking. mixed feeling,so change is coming. fight on fellow tennos =)

Basically, ya'll tried to fix a whole bunch of stuff that wasn't broken, and in the process turned Warframe into an unholy grindfest, with little to no fun factor.

Kavat Sequences are BULLSH*T, with THAT kind of drop rate only 1 should be required, or increse the drop rate so that players are on average getting 1 sequence per solo run, AT LEAST make it FEEL obtainable.

Void fissures are an utter disaster, the biggest reason why I've uninstalled. I'm down for harder enemies, and mission variations, but if you're gonna make it unwinnable solo, the void keys need to come back, I'd rather have a random shot at SOMETHING than guaranteed mission failure. Seriously, just gotta give ya'll the middle finger on this one.

...and archwing, what idiot made the decision to add pitch, lean, and yaw, with no method of control? Outright stupid.

Personally, I'm feeling totally ripped off, Over the three years I've been playing this game, I've popped for two prime access packs, and spend on average about $30 on plat a month. Currently, I feel like DE has used my money to troll us, and laugh about it all the way to the bank, and i'm not ok with that.

I suggest the players of Warframe go on strike, if enough of us stop logging in, DE will HAVE to take notice, and address these issues, otherwise, I don't think they'll get the message.

Lets make #Tennoonstrike a thing.

On 7/19/2016 at 10:09 AM, Loyal_Viggo said:

Not sure if this was introduced in SOTR, but I'm having serious problems progressing with The New Strange quest.

In a nutshell, before going to scan the first enemies I had Helios as my companion on random missions, and it auto-scanned many things and used up all of the Synthesis Scanner charges... and so now when I go to actually do the mission I don't have the scanner anymore.

Any idea how to get another? Nothing in inventory, no option to reset quest, I can't get another from re-running the synth demo mission on the relay...

I'm totally stuck here.

Helios has never been able to use Synthesis Scanners.. Its even written as such in the description.. He only uses normal scanners.. If you 'thought' Helios was helping you scan synthesis targets, it was likely a teammate, as everyone sees, scans, and gets credit for, the target..

I posted on page 33 in more detail, but wanted to provide info from yet another week of play.. We have 100 clan mates, and since update 19, NO MORE THAN THREE players are logged online... Thats on a GOOD day! Prior to the patch, we had 15-25 online at all times... It was an extremely active clan, and now, i have no one to play with.. Friends list, same thing.. A dozen or so, now sits COMPLETELY empty!  Anyone saying this update is not effecting the community negatively, is lying to us, and themselves!

Please DE, roll back this update! It doesnt even need fine tuning, its fundamentally bad, from the ground up...

Edited by Rizilliant

DE, here is an idea regarding AW: allow both the old and new system. Let people choose via config in options. Let's see how many people stay on what configuration. That should inform you of what people really want.

Also, are those AW slots already in the mastery rank rewards? They should be!

About the navigation, there are bugs with zoom. It shouldn't be possible to click a mission when you can't see names of the nodes. It should be possible to zoom in any planet by clicking if you can't see the names of the nodes, even if it is the last planet you zommed in. And tha easing on the drag don't give a good feel, a more responsive map would be better.

Here is another idea: Have a menu, like the one in the market, for selecting the planets. Not instead the current map, but ontop. I see some complaints on having problems finding the planets, that's why I suggest this.

There are a lot of new mechanics that could have introductory quests, I'm thingking juctions and fissures. And there are some old ones too, like sentinels, even mastery rank... new players don't know what give them mastery, affinity vs mastery is a constant topic to explain to new players... and having people stuck in mastery rank 3 aint' that rare either. I'm not saying that it should change, I'm saying that the game should introduce this concepts - oh, it does, look at the codex - people are like "what is the codex?"

I'm awaiting the update on fissures, it looks promising.

--

Edit: the kavats!

Increase:
- Spawn rate
- Drop rate
- Requirements to craft

All three.. what, why? Some poeple say less requirements to craft, some people want more drop rate. But actually what - most - people want is an easier progression: you go to the mission, you find a few kavats, scan... got no DNA drops... screw this game! Yet, if you incrase drop rate and spawn rate, you would be making kavats cheaper and more common... I suspect you - DE - don't want that, so you can increase the requirements accordingly, in such way that the average expected number of runs stays the same, but it is almost guarantied to have at least one DNA drop each run.

Edited by theraot
Kavats

You take a look at the start of this thread and people are complaining about this update, 14 days and 12 hotfixes later (it's almost 1 per day just to show how flawed this update came) people are still complaining and it's not because of the bugs, but because the update was bad, and I mean really really bad.

I know you put effort into this update, but you gotta know when you make mistake, and this update was a huge one. Lots of people are quitting on this because of SotR, you see people saying it on the forums, you see people complaining on chat, you see clans with most of the people absent strangely or not since 12 days ago, even my friends found people on other MMOs that loved Warframe and said to them that since the last update Warframe died for them.

Just revert this update, the game was undeniably way better before it than it is currently.  

12 hours ago, NeonNemesis said:

Just revert this update, the game was undeniably way better before it than it is currently.  

Reverting the update won't bring the people back, at least not all of those that found other games to play...

---

On other news...

DE! Fix this!

Startchart bugs

--

Edit: I suspect warframe won't really recover until next easter. For that moment at least two new prime should have arrived, easter color should have returned, and Ember Prime should have unvaulted... most of current bugs should have been fixed, and the new void should be mature enough. I hope they don't rush The War Within, and I hope for November they would have figured some new shiny thing to attract players. For the next Easter, warframe would feel like a new game again. I wonder if the new damage and the now mod systems would be in place by then.

Edit 2: previously I had suggested to boost the number of traces you get when people select your relic, on the basis that more traces should help sustain the behaviour of sharing enhanced relics... but I'm reverting my suggestion! don't increase the ammount of traces you get when people select your relic, instead drop it! I don't want people complaining because others didn't select their radiant relic reward. Also, if we will be getting traces from other places and the 100 cap will change... we shouldn't need those traces! besides, those traces are a weird mix of RNG and social skill, no good, thumbs down. Instead give extra benefits for enhancing the relics, so people will want to do it even if they don't get the traces back and even if they don't roll what they want.

Edited by theraot

On July 22, 2016 at 4:38 AM, ImMrBloo said:

I believe you completely murdered the fun spirit of the game with these new void fissures. I've tried my best to like it but I despise it and it's not fun. The rewarding challenge of going on a hunt is now 75% better chance everytime I go. That's not challenging or fun. There's no competition aspect in this either since everyone can take everyones drops. I don't know why you thought this was a good idea or perhaps you're planning on selling and cashing out but your community is QUITE divisive on the side of "what were you thinking, why were you thinking this, we don't like, get rid of it". There's a few who like it but those same few are the ones who are still farming for basically complete ease because they didn't have things. For the rest of the game that DO you ruined it for us. What do you think everyone else who isn't on our side currently will feel when they get to this point?.... 

If you want to make good updates that don't divide the community 90% to 10% for HATING what you're thinking is a good addition to this game. Make a Private Test Server like other games and LET US TELL YOU. I don't want to come off as rude but I can also see this mega thread has next to no replies from you(DE). I'm sure you're aware of it and you're going to come up with some ways to edit the fissure idea. If that idea isn't going through the fissure into the void(we know and love) and doing the old mission the way it was.. and at the end when WE choose for the hunt to end we all leave with the SAME PARTS AS EACH OTHER. 

This update has completely crashed platinum prices. it's almost as bad as consoles now. Why would someone purchase platinum now? We can get everything literally for free. Ugh I'm sorry I can't give any respect to this update and I tried my best to write this reply for about a week now. You've done amazing updates DE. Many amazing game changing updates with good intuition and great creativity. This is NOT one of them. Worst part is this is the type of update that not only divides the games community in a large freaking mass but it's pushing MANY of them to leave the game completely. I for one only plan on doing raids(since it's not ruined) which is 1 a day then getting off. There's not 1 logical reason to play.

I don't need to trade anything since I can get it with pure ease and if I do it's dirt cheap because everyone has it. I can't do a long term mission for risk/reward because the void is not rewarding in any way now. The only challenge left in this game are the sorties. 

I went from telling everyone I know how godly this game is and how much credit you guys as developers deserved. You still deserve that credit and respect regardless of this update. But please before it's gone with the hope that the majority of this community is FASTLY losing. Revert your changes. 

Salty platlord is salty?

I think like a lot of others i have lost the will to play now since this update..

Ive taken the time to learn the new systems and whilst i dont disagree particularly with relics, i think they are too easy to get stuff now, we have gone from stupid hard T3 R3 40 waves every day to fairly easy now.

The market has crashed and no one buys much any more, because of too much stuff.

Ducat stock is non existent.. this will prob be my last baro (assuming he has something..) because i have no means to get the stuff i need to ducat unless i run more S#&$ fissures

The archwing is terrible for those of us that get sick, sorry but its just bad...

The fissures bore me ive done about 6 now and i really cant be arsed to do them any more. 

I dont like sorties because of artificial difficulty changes for the sake of it, give me enemies that are difficult in their own right, make them dodge and slide/roll and be tricky bastards to fight, not just give them a million more hp.

Traces what a nightmare to get unless i run more S#&$ fissures

Kavat dna.... geez still only got 2 and ive kinda given up on it now, ill just do without

My plat is dwindling cos i have nothing to sell or trade and when it runs out with the lack of things to do i think its time to change games.

Shame because i really enjoyed my 900+ hours mostly

56 minutes ago, BuddaOfLife said:

Ive taken the time to learn the new systems and whilst i dont disagree particularly with relics, i think they are too easy to get stuff now, we have gone from stupid hard T3 R3 40 waves every day to fairly easy now.

56 minutes ago, BuddaOfLife said:

I dont like sorties because of artificial difficulty changes for the sake of it, give me enemies that are difficult in their own right, make them dodge and slide/roll and be tricky bastards to fight, not just give them a million more hp.

I see a call for more interesting difficulty,

I hope the fissure mechanism that was shown on the devstream will make it more interesting...

I agree we need more "tricky bastards", in particular nullifiers and bursa seem to be over the top compared to ern... bombard and maniac? idk, we need tricky enemies to fill the spectrum.

6 minutes ago, theraot said:

I see a call for more interesting difficulty,

I hope the fissure mechanism that was shown on the devstream will make it more interesting...

At least with the old way we had a solo / friends / clan outlet where we could go and earn some ducat stuff whilst chilling and chatting. it also gave us group time to just hang out.

I watched the latest devstream and yes i think that will make it better IF we get to farm traces in more abundant amounts over time.

I think relics should be nerfed a bit to reduce the chance so the market can rise a bit again. A lot of people stayed for the buying and selling.

I think the biggest harm this update has done is a lot of the older players me included had trouble adjusting, weve lost clan members because it was too much of a shock.

And i think players senior ones mainly are disenchanted with the game. For me it feels like its been cut out from under me with nothing put back in for me to do.

I imagine that new players will cope better?. Maybe DE wants the big boys gone so they can feed of the young blood.. they are more likely to spend the money after all.

I certainly wont put more money into this game as it stands.

One last thought

I do hope that the current direction the game is heading into is not a reflection of Chinese control from the masters because without being rude you dont understand western players. If your the ones forcing these changes on the devs then the game is certainly on a decline. BDO suffers from the very same thing, the koreans dont understand our mentality which is why there is so many flaws in BDO.

What i would say is release the devs to do what they do best... and stop micro managing because you will kill the game.

Assuming that is the case.

5 minutes ago, BuddaOfLife said:

I think relics should be nerfed a bit to reduce the chance so the market can rise a bit again. A lot of people stayed for the buying and selling.

In what way do you mean nerfed? the chance of getitng what you want, the way they work, cause if you mean nerfing the chance of getting the rarer drops, no, hell no.

1 hour ago, BuddaOfLife said:

I think the biggest harm this update has done is a lot of the older players me included had trouble adjusting, weve lost clan members because it was too much of a shock.

This happened to my clan with the advent of Wukong and Alertium, we used to be a Moon Clan last year, we are Shadow Clan today. So, I simpathyse with this, yet for me it is old news.

How is Warframe going to recover the people? I just don't see it in the near future. Fixing bugs won't do it alone... and they are not done fixing bugs! I suspect unvaulting Ember Prime will bring people back to the game, but they should not do that yet! they need to fix what they have first, or else they will lose people again.

I see people saying that the fissures are too easy and people saying that fissures are too much grind. I kind of get both sides, the thing is we are burning relics much faster than keys, as so for the same supply we need more grind, the lack of ducats reflects this. On the other hand the fissure missions are quick and simple, allowing people to get what they want faster.

So, I would suggest to DE to ease the grind of relics and traces, but also amp the difficulty of fissure missions. Not in a way that makes us waste relics, but in a way that puts a fair challenge and also helps the pl prices grow more.

Anyhow, many people has lots of relics thanks to the convertions from keys, and they have said Mag relics wont be converted to something else when she is vaulted again - when is that? in a few hours? - so these will start to be less common and prices will grow... but not a for a while, there is plenty of supply to go around.

as a veteran who was in a hiatus for 5 months only to wait for THIS update, i've been hugely dissapointed, days after playing and experiencing this new update, and everything feels much harder, farming resources, exp, prime parts, the new void is useless, the new marketplace feels so much worse, kavats are broken, hard to farm and get the dna codes is insanely stupid, why to make them much different than kubrows? the only thing that made me happy, is the star chart 3.0, but i just liked the ui rework, nothing else, i'm now thinking about leaving warframe forever and stop waiting for you to fix all the things that people have been waiting for a long time, feedback thread is useless now, you really don't hear the fans

On July 24, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Rizilliant said:

Helios has never been able to use Synthesis Scanners.. Its even written as such in the description.. He only uses normal scanners.. If you 'thought' Helios was helping you scan synthesis targets, it was likely a teammate, as everyone sees, scans, and gets credit for, the target..

Helios can use Synthesis Scanners, what are you talking about? It's even in a loading tip to give him them while using the recharge widget

Edited by -domi-

I'm so tired...

When I first discovered this game it felt like a godsend compared to all the commercialized garbage games that get churned out, nowadays. It gave me hope that the industry could be saved and that some people still put their heart into their product because making a fun experience was what was important to them and making profit was just a happy side-effect. Before this update I never got the impression that a player was pressured into making microtransactions like other F2P games and that playing entirely for free was perfectly viable and did not consume nearly as much time as this game's grindy contemporaries.

Now? I feel like I'm the victim of an overly-elaborate con. I sank over a thousand hours and probably hundreds of dollars on what I thought would be the savior of online gaming only to have it turn into every other F2P game literally over-night. At least when Blizzard sold-out to Activision, World of Warcraft got gradually worse over time and allowed me ease away from it. This feels like a good friend that I've known for years showing up to shoot my dog and immediately leave. It's not just that SotR was an unfinished, broken, buggy mess, but that everything has been VERY OBVIOUSLY re-oriented around making things grindier and less-varied. Don't think I haven't noticed that the new relic system is an thinly-veiled attempt at adding additional steps to acquiring prime parts or that everything is much less-rewarding than it used to be. I can't even find any reason to bother with killing enemies anymore because of how stale and monotonous they are to fight, and one of the biggest reasons I played this game was to chop-up hordes of enemies with space swords.

I had originally planned to make a thread for this rant, but I decided this thread is as good as any to get my point across. I feel like I can't, or rather shouldn't, trust any game devs anymore. You made me feel stupid for investing so much time and money on this. I wish I could say I had other games to go to, but the reality is that they all pretty much suck, too. I think I'll go dust-off my Super Nintendo and have some FUN, something that apparently ran-out decades ago. Unless something changes drastically, soon, I doubt this game will still be on my hard drive by next week.

-Sincerely, a former-fan.

Edited by Zenchou

[img=https://gyazo.com/c883ad9db0e6275fb6961365449b0f26] 

SO this bug happens to me when i'm looking at my frost (With the Aurora Helmet) and it's kind of annoying since when you see it you can't ''unsee'' it and it becomes really annoying. The bug consists of the "skeleton" of Frost glitching out though the helmet. Please let me know if there's any way to fix this but if not i'll try to tolerate it. (Also let me know if you can't see the pic)

Edited by BanJordanGames