The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

On 8/5/2016 at 8:11 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Much as I have been salty about individual game design flaws,, I thought I would leave the following, which does contain some heartfelt, positive feedback regarding SoTR:

We have several prime sets we would never have gotten under the old system: Ash, Nova, Vectis and Trinity come to mind. These were locked behind tedious missions such as ODD and T4 Interception previously. We dont care for those and are not much for public groups period. Now, we can run missions we like as they come available. For instance, Axi when they hit Exterminate; we run Exterminate Axi missions like mad. 

Sure we have our issues: over reliance on Nullifiers. Too much knockdown/power sapping out there for our taste. But those are design issues we hope to see Damage 3.0 take care of. Mostly, we enjoy the new Prime Farming method FAR more than the old. And as for Kavats, while they are too grindy - these should be fun additions not a perpetual grind, and they should appear in more places than Derelict - they are also not exactly necessary additions.

Regarding Archwing and new changes: DE mentioned the game having too many systems in this dev stream (78) and even considering that some may need to be dropped. Frankly, Archwing should be one such. More than 2 years of dev time and the mode has yet to arrive at a movement system that is suitable for uniform use across all of its maps, more less become something a large number of players enjoy. How much more dev time do you want to throw at a mode that's spent the better part of this time ignored if not derided by a large portion of your player base? It bears consideration, is all I am saying. 

All that said: The Steam chart just looks like a leveling off to me. Dropping back to an average, as opposed to a net loss. This is a product of a larger problem, namely, that Warframe needs new missions and new things to do beyond a scripted quest that lasts for a day or a week. Were I able to make decisions at DE, I would look into establishing systems that are able to create dynamic content and events on the fly, preferably based on player actions and metrics, and with very little in the way of hands on dev time. This would enable new events, mission modifiers, etc, that would keep content changing while devs focused on the scripted story side. Without adding new things to actually do, this sort of rise and fall off will continue during and after events and updates. 

Still though, I think the changes to the new Relic system are a net positive. 

Archwing tried to be the new replacement for the removed gamemode of rail conflicts.

But archwing never was good for many varied reasons.

Things change and the Warframe of three years ago when there was few games as competition versus todays increasing amount of competitive games is a changed enviroment.

Not happy with the earnings nerfs in warframe but no big deal since many have moved on for at least six months.

Warframe needs more and new stories every week instead of a stat change to a weapon as content for 8 months.

I'm going to bring this up again (and I apologize for doing so).

When using the Archwing, either in its own mission or submersible, the Y-Axis inversion settings switch to Default without actually changing the setting.  This has to be manually reset (by switching to Default, saving, then switching back and saving), and really annoying, especially in submersible missions, and even moreso in ones where there are multiple Archwing parts.

Please fix this.

On another note:  Please Undo credit and syndicate standing nerf, and put some good rewards (non-normal mission rewards) in the Void.

Firstly what I would like to say is that the game is still fun, but after the SOTR update it feels as though the game has become less fun, and here are a few reasons why:

1. affinity/focus farming needs to be fixed because in order to get the first level of you focus power you need 25000 focus, this used to be fine, but after the update I find myself averaging about 100 focus per 45 second counter running normal missions with a normal l so this means that I need to do about 250 lens pickups or about 62.5 minutes in the focus gathering period. as for affinity, formaing weapons and frames is extremely tedious.
  2. Oxium farming needs to be fixed. this is because the current best place to get oxium is baal on europa, and even then with farming frames you only get about 70 oxium per run, so that means that if your farming vauban prime, you need to run this mission about 100 times, and i don't think that anyone wants to do that.
  3. the new relic system has become boring and kinda crashed the trade economy of the game because it is no longer worth buying the parts from people when you can get them in 10 minutes.
  4. the credit nerf needs to be removed, I don't even know why credits were nerfed. currently either the nerf needs to be removed or prices need to fall.
  5.  nullifiers need to be nerfed because corpus higher lvl defense and extractions have been made nearly impossible.
  6. the new player experience: i made a new account to determine the new player experience about a month before the SOTR update and I was having a fun time in the game until the update. after the update it became harder to get mastery points, i found myself running out of credits more, getting resources is now pitifully slow, and the new star map was very confounding because I had to now do junctions for no reason other to impede my progress through the game. another confusing thing for new players is why is natah the reward for the neptune junction but you can get it before doing the junction and second dream before getting to neptune.

all in all, I feel as though this update has been a kick in the pants for most if not all players because we have had things that asked to get buffed nerfed and things that we have asked to get nerfed have been buffed. the things that the player base have been concerned about are not fixed other than bugs and the devs seem to be changing things that little to no people have been asking for, and that makes us as players feel powerless in our part in the game's development. warframe is a good game, but don't get me wrong, the game could very easily be a much better game IMHO.

5 hours ago, Alcapwning said:

d the devs seem to be changing things that little to no people have been asking for, and that makes us as players feel powerless in our part in the game's development. warframe is a good game, but don't get me wrong, the game could very easily be a much better game IMHO.

Maybe we have reached the point where money decides the path of the game (Chinese overview) and not sensible listening to the input from the player.

We pay for the wages so we rightly have some input that the devs can sift through to find the gems that may help the game.

If this game has become more about the money its on its way down. as that wont work for our market, which is why other games like BDO etc are failing in the long term (EU market).

Todays market audience have too much choice, too much money and no attention span, they will just move onto the next thing thats out.

DE would do well to remember that a game with no players simply isnt a game.

I only login for the daily now, bit of a waste for 900+ hours..

17 hours ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

Archwing tried to be the new replacement for the removed gamemode of rail conflicts.

But archwing never was good for many varied reasons.

Things change and the Warframe of three years ago when there was few games as competition versus todays increasing amount of competitive games is a changed enviroment.

Not happy with the earnings nerfs in warframe but no big deal since many have moved on for at least six months.

Warframe needs more and new stories every week instead of a stat change to a weapon as content for 8 months.

New stories ever week is beyond the realm of possibility.

I once created a simple, follow the clue quest mod for Oblivion. Could be completed in 3 hours. It took me two weeks, at 20 hours per week, to make and test it.

No dev can keep up with the demand for content.

What Warframe needs is to use systems that create shifting, dynamic content based on player actions. Mission modifiers. Nodes changing because of Invasion missions and who won. Assassin and rogue agent enemies (NPC) dropping into mission. Optional objectives.

The only way to keep up with demand for content is to use systems that generate dynamic stuff. And even then, you aren't going go get Second Dream caliber quests weekly...

On August 8, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Metalman007 said:

I guess I'm not alone and that, at least, feels better.

DE, I have been playing this game, looking forward to the updates and new gear since early 2014.  Sadly I can feel it coming to an end.  This "Specters of the Rail" is a fundamental change in the game itself and it has destroyed the essence of what made this game fun.  I can no longer choose what missions I want to play or how long to play them (Void Missions that is) because it is now dictated to me in Navigation.  I can't share my keys.  Sure, I can go into the Void as long as I want anytime I want now but for what? Argon Crystals? 

The challange of endless missions hoping for that sweet drop, it's all gone now and that was what made this game fun.  Now it's just a stupid race to the finish line every single time over and over and over and I can't even pick what type of mission to play for parts.

I am sincerely sad and frankly heartbroken.  Please fix it.  Put Prime Parts back into the Void where we all know they belong and let us hunt for them again.  Sure the relic system is a cool idea, but PLEASE fix the Void.

Same. Been playing since it first came out on Xbox one. Usually it was the only game I played for 8+ hours a day. Sure it dwindled as time went on but with the recent updates it's gotten worse. Starting with the frame nerd update some time back. This one coming though is going to take the cake. I only login now for the daily and to help some newbs on low planets. I don't bother with void anymore since I know ducats will be non existent soon. Use to have no problem throwing money at DE but now I can't justify it especially since I don't play as much as I use to. Not even nekros prime and Titania will help for me. Plus with all these other games coming, Gears of War 4, Titanfall 2, Watchdogs 2, Battlefield 1, etc, I can see war frame having even less of an active base then now. Hell even tennogen finally coming to console has been overshadowed completely and that's something I've wanted to see for A LONG TIME. Oh well, it was a good 2+ years for me. I honestly never imagined warframe as one of the games I would abandon in time. :/ Farewell. 

Edited by (XB1)Onyx Guarrd

So..where to begin?

1.When one of the big things is a "Arcwing update" you know we are boned. (Btw no new Arcwings for "updated Arcwings" Should be a red flag.)

2.The new Void System. (AKA,the ruin rock things) First off. Why? Well,I know why, to stop void grinding (Something DE has highly been thirsty to stop)

3.Puppies an kitties. Once again why would we want to keep our animals.Unuseable. Well,It is not really for us.

My decremented after Tenno kids and a mix of other stuff is. They are trying to reach bigger group of people at the cost of their older players. More the Facebook mobile Crowd It seems. Wait til "Pocket Tenno" is released on Android.

This update seems. Kind of dumb.

By Removing void keys the games has removed it's strongest hat trick. Farming for good stuff.

No need for hour long Survivals

No more 40 runs  defense.

No more taxi keying. Which is removes one of the things this game had over Destiny. A Community who will work together. By this move alone people who are antisocial now have more a motive to play alone and I can only see this Rift crap causing more strife on Its own bases. As I can see some sick sob standing outside of the escape not letting people go to get their rewards.

The Starcart looks nice. But like a broke clock it is useless. I waste more time being overwhelmed and confused what I am looking at then anything else. Also, Rewards are things I already done.GG DE GG. But, on top of this It is a pain to navigate and even see what you are doing. This also extents to the shop where I was getting annoyed trying to navigate. it was like some guy who created Windows 10 made this 2 things. Trading in actual sane functioning just to look hip and cool.

The funny thing is with All these nerfs and these weird very "Antifarm" "Player nerfing" "Enemy buffing" and "Cool looking but needless" updates. It seem the fear of this becoming a massive Money hungry game is becoming very real thing. DE needs to get their S#&$ together and smack the braintrust over the head who is coming up with these, very facebook gammy ideas.

Nextthing you know. You will not be able to build something unless you have 5 friends who play warframe..That will not happen..hehe..right?

Hello,

about the new archewing fliping screen thing ... you fixed motion sickness on volt to create new one in archewing ... old volt wasn't annoying to me but new archewing is .. felt dizzy many time and like am going to vomit at some point ... ok little flip at sides is ok but 90 or 180 is just awfull enemies are upside down and felt extremely confused and lost my sense of direction ... played many games never felt the same before...

someone ... please listen and fix this

The new Update is released on PS4 now. For me that means R.I.P Warframe and welcome Destiny Rise of Iron....

This is sad. I agree all points above and the new Market is horrible! They hide the blueprints (I think to cheat new Players) and Platin is visible only if you click an Item. There is no good overview.... 

Edited by (PS4)GER_SIGNUM

11 minutes ago, (PS4)GER_SIGNUM said:

The new Update is released on PS4. For me that means R.I.P Warframe and welcome Destiny Rise of Iron....

This sad. I agree all points above and the new Market is horrible? They hide the blueprints (I think to cheat new Players) and Platin is visible only if you click an Item. There is no good overview.... 

I agree the new market doesn't give enough information and isn't intuitive to navigate, it's total trash.

6 hours ago, (PS4)GER_SIGNUM said:

The new Update is released on PS4 now. For me that means R.I.P Warframe and welcome Destiny Rise of Iron....

This is sad. I agree all points above and the new Market is horrible! They hide the blueprints (I think to cheat new Players) and Platin is visible only if you click an Item. There is no good overview.... 

Yeah,When Destiny is looking like the better deal.You know you samped up.

Haven't even got to the part that newer players can't just beat bosses to go to new planets. They got to do tons of new crap. (Oh,look divide the Community some more what a shocker)

The update mostly feels to me like fixing things that weren't broken or needing fixing...how about adding some endgame not removing half of it.

either its sorties, farming Hieracon or flying through boring relic runs. So much for seeing more tilesets nothing much has changed, I guess when you get peanuts for playing anywhere else that's what happens.

Edited by wanderere

This blows!  I have been playing this game for like 11 days and this update comes along and totally hampers what little progress I have made.  Spent the last two days trying to farm a damn Argon Crystal in the Void to complete kubrow quest and now I do not even have access to a location that has them.  I have lost access to Void and Phobos.  The new Star Chart is not intuitive with random requirements to open paths to new planets and they removed the ability to shop around in the market.  I would think that this will reduce the number of micro transactions because you cannot buy it if you do not even know it exists.

I have to agree,running low level fissure mission isn't fun,for higher rank players even with unranked frames or weapons there's no challenge.Only getting one drop is the worst aspect and makes ducat farming a lot worse.I enjoyed the T3/T4 Def/Survival longer runs and the same for the T4I multiple waves.The fissure missions are not rewarding enough for ducats or challenge.Overall very disappointed  with this update.I've played warframe since Mesa was the new frame.So quite a while now,but sadly i'm not sure if I will much longer.Here's hoping DE change things sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, wanderere said:

The update mostly feels to me like fixing things that weren't broken or needing fixing <snip>

This seems to be a trend now with Warframe.  Like the pointless change of Shadows of the Dead from duration to health decay.

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Englands Own said:

I have to agree,running low level fissure mission isn't fun,for higher rank players even with unranked frames or weapons there's no challenge.Only getting one drop is the worst aspect and makes ducat farming a lot worse.I enjoyed the T3/T4 Def/Survival longer runs and the same for the T4I multiple waves.The fissure missions are not rewarding enough for ducats or challenge.Overall very disappointed  with this update.I've played warframe since Mesa was the new frame.So quite a while now,but sadly i'm not sure if I will much longer.Here's hoping DE change things sooner rather than later.

On Steam alone it shows this update has caused 12.5% of the players to go do something else with there time.

12 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

On Steam alone it shows this update has caused 12.5% of the players to go do something else with there time.

All I gotta say is. Iron Banner,Nuka world,Xcom 2. This is the worst time for Warframe to Samp people off because their is tons of new context for other games going out September.

7 hours ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

All I gotta say is. Iron Banner,Nuka world,Xcom 2. This is the worst time for Warframe to Samp people off because their is tons of new context for other games going out September.

XCOM 2 ?

Alright, I've spent roughly fifteen hours experiencing the new relic system with the new prime access.  I've got to admit that I like the change.  The increased timewall in exchange for better rng, the option to choose your reward, and a cleaned drop table has been a positive experience thus far.  I don't mind the loss of endless missions for equally endless rewards, I rarely went past 40 minutes of a survival due to a combination of time vs reward and disconnection worries.  I also don't mind the loss of keyshare or the loss of multiple rewards for no sacrifice.  Honestly, I'm amazed you let us (the players) get something for nothing for as long as you did, DE.

What do I like? 

-I like the scenery changes; after grinding the void tileset for prime stuff for years it all got a little dull.  Now the star chart feels relevant again.

-RNG...it genuinely feels improved.  I spent over 80 t3 md keys in search of a spira prime blade and didn't get one.  I feel as though I won't have that experience ever again.

-No more keys, rare resources, and cores as void rewards.  Do you know how it felt to run a t1 cap and be rewarded with a t2 cap key?  It wasn't awesome.

-PUGs.  This one surprised me.  There's nothing like running into a random who's using a radiant relic in public for the hell of it.  It's spontaneous, it's fun, it's cool.

What don't I like?

-Traces.  I get it, it's a necessary evil.  Give and take.  That doesn't mean I have to like it.

-Not enough options to earn relics.  What if I'm not in the mood to run a defense, interception, survival, or excavation for that Axi relic?  Too bad, deal with it.

-Invalidating my key collection.  "Hey, guess what?  Those keys you've amassed over three years?  Yeah those aren't good for a new prime access.  Awesome, right?"

In conclusion

All in all, I like the relic system.  Change is good sometimes.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Over all I really love the update specters of the rail but the archwing update. It make me dizzy and sick to my stomach. All the twist and turning even when your sitting still. You can't find objectives or even find allies to revive when they have fallen. The way point fly across the map you can't pin point a direction to focus on. I really hope you fix it because some poor person might end up with a bad case of vertigo or epilepsy. That would suck.  And by the way the lag in the PS4 is real you can't turn just little or look around without spinning 360 degrees and looking like a top or running off a cliff side on the PS4 now you might want to look into the de. 

Edited by (PS4)Skryre1979