The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift of Tennocon alert lvl 200-9999

Rimuru

You guys are funny, all you guys say is "Use this or that frame with this or that mod using this or that weapon", but what about those who simply don't have that? I'm 2 weeks here, maxed my second frame, a Rhino, and nothing I do helps winning this. I tried everything. I destroyed every single container and camera and opened every single locker on the map, and I always lose either at the 12 seconds left mark (when no LS capsules spawn) or I lose at the 00:00 mark, when some capsules did spawn, but the extraction objective does not trigger and I can't complete it still.

Yea, DE reacted fast and reduced the time to 6 minutes, rather than 10, but it's still not enough. Seriously, if it's a gift, why not simply put it behind a Lech Kril boss fight with god mode? You still have to work for it, but completing it is guaranteed. This way, DE makes sure that not-so-well-equipped players and solo players get absolutely nothing.

It's a joke, it's doable, and it's not required of you to do every alert. If you don't know how read some of the existing threads about it or ask for help in recruitment.

The easiest way is to have an Equinox with covert lethality, but any CL setup can do it pretty simply as long as one other person is activating the life support.

You guys are funny, all you guys say is "Use this or that frame with this or that mod using this or that weapon", but what about those who simply don't have that? I'm 2 weeks here, maxed my second frame, a Rhino, and nothing I do helps winning this.

Get a party together with someone who can kill the enemies while you activate the life support for them. Combined you'll complete the mission. It's an alert meant for people with access to the tools for it but you can help out even if you don't.

Happy recruiting.

Edited by PhillipJokar

1 hour ago, Kappatalist said:

This is less of a conventional mission and more of a puzzle. The enemies can't hurt you, but you can't really hurt them. You have to last 6 minutes, but the LS drop pods will only get you to about 5:30.

Run around the level and bust all the containers you can find. Recommend Loot Radar mods. The containers can drop LS powerups to hopefully get you through those last 30 seconds and then some to make it to extraction safely.

^ That

1 hour ago, Kenshin98 said:

actually, I tried doing that. it seems they nerfed the drop rate for those really hard in that missions. I remember only getting like 1 LS when I destroyed the entire containers in the missions. its basically a waste of time 

Isn't LS also RNG? Because usually LS will drop from all uncommon containers (the bigger ones) and lockers, as well as enemies

1 hour ago, Kappatalist said:

Loot rooms seem to have a lot. Guess it's kind of just luck then?

I've heard people saying to use Covert Lethality to kill the enemies, but it didn't work when I tried it.

MOA's can only be finished from behind as of right now

1 minute ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

You guys are funny, all you guys say is "Use this or that frame with this or that mod using this or that weapon", but what about those who simply don't have that? I'm 2 weeks here, maxed my second frame, a Rhino, and nothing I do helps winning this. I tried everything. I destroyed every single container and camera and opened every single locker on the map, and I always lose either at the 12 seconds left mark (when no LS capsules spawn) or I lose at the 00:00 mark, when some capsules did spawn, but the extraction objective does not trigger and I can't complete it still.

Yea, DE reacted fast and reduced the time to 6 minutes, rather than 10, but it's still not enough. Seriously, if it's a gift, why not simply put it behind a Lech Kril boss fight with god mode? You still have to work for it, but completing it is guaranteed. This way, DE makes sure that not-so-well-equipped players and solo players get absolutely nothing.

I managed to reach the time given just by looking through lockers. Play with a friend or recruit players.

People, calm down!  It was a joke.

It isn't an indication of how things are going to be from now on.  It was a joke challenge taken from suggestions made by players at Tennocon.  If you don't find it funny, don't blame DE because it was fellow members of the community that came up with it.  If you aren't geared up for it then either team up with someone who is or get youreslf geared up in time (any frame capable of staggering and any dagger with Covert Lethality)  or just accept that you missed out on one reactor.  There'll be plenty more later.

Just now, Ferah_Frithu said:

I tried it 12 times by now, even asked for help, but help was denied, because I was too much of a "noob" regarding my gear.

So this is just meant for people who already have the resources? What's the logic behind that?

Not every alert is meant to be done by players of every experience level. Some of them have mechanics that need gear people have gotten over time, the same as some of the sorties. However players that don't have the gear setup to kill enemies in this one can still activate life support for those who can.

Sorry about recruiting chat giving you a hard time, I'm heading to sleep but the alert is on for a couple days so if you don't find anyone tonight toss me a PM and I'll give you an easy run tomorrow if you like.

5 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

I tried it 12 times by now, even asked for help, but help was denied, because I was too much of a "noob" regarding my gear.

So this is just meant for people who already have the resources? What's the logic behind that?

I can help you. How about it?

You can beat this with anything you want. It's just likely easiest if you can covert lethality the enemies to death with a dagger. Also, kubrow with that lock-picking mod might help.

While in there, remember to scan the enemies - 2-4 scans should be enough to max your cephalon standing for the day!

So I have decided to go on Tennocon alert 200-9999, to get the Reactor.
Everything was ok, until the party pooper decided to show up after me.
And guess what? His level was 10004. Because F you, that's why.
He could not find me when I was invisible. He was dispelling it, but as long as I was in my Cloak Arrow bubble, he could not dispel that.
We couldn't kill him, obviously, so we let him wander after me, and I was just avoiding him.
P.S. I have blurred out players names just in case. (Domina was someones kubrow).

20160710123948_1_by_gochna-da9kpfa.jpg

20160710123957_1_by_gochna-da9kpex.jpg

20160710124119_1_by_gochna-da9kpem.jpg

20160710124444_1_by_gochna-da9kped.jpg

2 hours ago, cateater2u2 said:

Went to play a mission and what do i get? level 200-9999 bad guys... how can a MR8 handle that kinda of level?? Seriously has to be a joke...all the bad guys have 9999 on them, sucks is all i say

There are several ways to handle it, some easier than others, depending on gear. The enemies can't kill you, so even without any gear, you can just run around opening containers and breaking crates. True, it's a bit of luck, but it's far from impossible. You should just make sure that you find the extraction well before the timer runs out - you won't have much time to reach it.

1 hour ago, JIM22 said:

or just don't do it

Yeah. I mean, I can imagine that a mission where nothing can kill you and all you need to do is to run around breaking crates and opening lockers is something you should definately give up on. I failed the first time because I didn't know what to expect, then I completed it twice.

34 minutes ago, Ferah_Frithu said:

The "cheese tips" aren't requirements, they are merely tips to make it easier. Ivara + prowl + sleep arrows + dagger + covert lethality + kubrow with lockpick mod + loot detector mods, is quite possibly the easiest way to complete it, but you could literally complete it with anything. It sucks to hear that you destroyed every container and camera and opened every single locker and still lose - But then it comes down to luck.

Just now, AlphaSierraMike said:

Pretty sure invincibility extends to Stalker as well. So yeah, you could've tried shaking his hand or dance in front of him and he can't touch you.

It does, but he could dispel my normal invisibility, so I was using the arrow.
And yes, I did just that, walking all around him, he even pushed me aside and continued the search.
But later on I have focused on the mission, leaving the fanboy behind.

How to nerf-I MEAN BALANCE the game, the Warframes, weapons, mods, and all that kind of stuff that players use to beat unbeatable content.
Put an impossible mission as an allert. Launch a challenge to the Warframe community. People is still gonna do it. Or at least, try.
Then, start reading topics about it, watching videos on it, analyzing stats from the game, from it.
Oooh! So people use Ivara or Inaros with Covert Lethality! Or lots and lots of Specters! Oh... I see some Mags in there too! Maybe a Trinity? Didn't we nerf her enough? Hm look, there's an Ivara pick pocketing and a Nekros trying to Desecrate... Who else is gonna join? Is Ash able to do something with his will-be-nerfed(I mean reworked)-Bladestorm?

Obviously, this post is ironical, I do not want to offend anyone, it's not my aim, it's just making some fun of this game.
Instead, as I said, what I don't like is that DE uses these kind of "tricks" to nerf down all the ways that we have to solve this game.
This is my opinion.

By the way, not gonna play that alert. I have so many Reactors I don't even know what to do with them. Credits? Ah, doing daily Sorties, I have enough of those too. They also give almost no experience for Focus. And they are level 9999. LOL.
The pain and effort are not worth the reward.

Just now, Zombies164 said:

That tin foil hat prevents you from having some fun once in a while?

Sincerely I have NO FUN playing that. It makes absolutely no sense for me. Glad if you find it enjoyable. Good for you!