The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10.8.2016 at 5:24 AM, ChaoSoldier1986 said:

I think I'll leave this here for naysayers to mull over.

What do you want to say, actually? FMJ is not a pro-war, pro-weapon movie, quite the contrary.

Beside that, weapons in this game are not real, while the community forming around it is. It is a community of developers and players, and the items in question once were a symbol of gratitude in a very specific context. Questioning that context is also questioning the basis of the community. If there's nothing that can be relied upon, if everything is subject to fluctuations of demand, well, how great can a community like this be?

25 minutes ago, HellsSapper said:

Good lord, this thread is still active?

I guess it'll be until the weapons are back, if they'll actually be. 

I'm fairly confident Braton Vandal will, let's hope for Lato Vandal too. 

Being left with only one weapon missed after that I ended up dealing with missing them both and bring teased to a possible return would be terrible! 

11 hours ago, Marasago said:

What do you want to say, actually? FMJ is not a pro-war, pro-weapon movie, quite the contrary.

Beside that, weapons in this game are not real, while the community forming around it is. It is a community of developers and players, and the items in question once were a symbol of gratitude in a very specific context. Questioning that context is also questioning the basis of the community. If there's nothing that can be relied upon, if everything is subject to fluctuations of demand, well, how great can a community like this be?

You speak of community but look at it from only what you want from it. Firstly if a community is to grow and harmonise, a selfish 15% cannot be allowed to override the wishes of the other 85%.

Secondly you include the developers as part of the community but, again, totally disregard their view. The Devs have publicly admitted they regret their decisions on exclusive gear, with hindsight they can see its a mistake. Is it good for the community that part of it should not be allowed to correct what they see as a error? Community works both ways, there is lots of hyperbole in this topic about the Devs letting players down but what about players letting the Devs down? the devs have come to you guys with their hands up, asking for understanding and maybe even your blessing and are just met with tears and tantrums. One portion of this community should be ashamed of their actions, and it ain't the Devs.

It's sad to say but exclusivity, which was one of the main attractions to the game for me, has been thrown out the window by DE as a lot of newer players have entered the game and requested these "exclusive" items be brought back because they didn't have them. I personally loved the thought of exclusive items, even if I didn't have them myself, such as event weapons, badges, and prime access. Disappointingly DE has decided to appease those who don't understand the thought of exclusivity, which is fine since it's their game, and make it so event weapons are no longer special since you can trade for them or get them from Sorties, get old Prime Access items randomly when they decide to re-release them and get "exclusive" sigils from Tactical Alerts. At this point they might as well go balls-deep and just throw the Braton and Lato Vandal away as well since it would obviously appeal to newer players or those who don't have them already and would be a great attraction. I personally would hate to see it but at this point there's no sense in arguing it since it's obviously best for them to do as a business. The reason they've stayed elusive for so long is because they were to mark those who were in beta/alpha accordingly and I feel this should be respected but I won't be surprised if they get brought back from the dead in the months to come.

11 hours ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

You speak of community but look at it from only what you want from it. Firstly if a community is to grow and harmonise, a selfish 15% cannot be allowed to override the wishes of the other 85%.

Secondly you include the developers as part of the community but, again, totally disregard their view. The Devs have publicly admitted they regret their decisions on exclusive gear, with hindsight they can see its a mistake. Is it good for the community that part of it should not be allowed to correct what they see as a error? Community works both ways, there is lots of hyperbole in this topic about the Devs letting players down but what about players letting the Devs down? the devs have come to you guys with their hands up, asking for understanding and maybe even your blessing and are just met with tears and tantrums. One portion of this community should be ashamed of their actions, and it ain't the Devs.

Again, those items were given for very specific reasons, as a one time thank-you to the players present that time. I'd say, in this context, players not being there that time do not deserve getting those items, even if that's 85% of current players (btw majorities can quickly be found for everything). It's really quite simple.

Exclusive items might be a bad idea, who knows; however, I do think a reward for closed-beta players (for example) justifies exclusivity. If the devs decide to not offer exclusive items in the future, well, why not? But making old exclusive items available to new players, that's just disrespecting the terms of the original situation (which is, as has been stated, a 'thanks for playing, have something nice for your support'-situation).

Do new(er) players really need to be catered to that badly? If so, that's actually rather sad, but probably not surprising, considering the business side of it all.

10 minutes ago, Marasago said:

Again, those items were given for very specific reasons, as a one time thank-you to the players present that time. I'd say, in this context, players not being there that time do not deserve getting those items, even if that's 85% of current players (btw majorities can quickly be found for everything). It's really quite simple.

Exclusive items might be a bad idea, who knows; however, I do think a reward for closed-beta players (for example) justifies exclusivity. If the devs decide to not offer exclusive items in the future, well, why not? But making old exclusive items available to new players, that's just disrespecting the terms of the original situation (which is, as has been stated, a 'thanks for playing, have something nice for your support'-situation).

Do new(er) players really need to be catered to that badly? If so, that's actually rather sad, but probably not surprising, considering the business side of it all.

The replace the item with something else that symbolic....weapons are more then symbols because they can perform certain functions in game that are unique.

If they give you compensation then it's not disrespect.

How is that sad? What's sad is that we never even got a chance.

Feel free to call me salty or whatever, but the only existence of this thread makes me somehow sick. Not because of the weapons being brought back, but because of the entitlement of some players to ask for skins (some were even asking for syandanas and sigils) in return for the pseudo-exclusivity of a couple of free weapons obtained with no effort other than knowing of the game in a certain moment, log in to it and spend the humongous amount of 1 credit on the market during certain weekend and then maybe forget about the game until these days when the game has grown a lot (which won't lock them from any free xclusive because they alreaday ahve it and will eventually get acces to mised event rewards too), while the players who were there for the events, grinded for the scores required to get the rewards and have stayed near warframe to never misan event get no compensation and were'nt even asked if event weapons should return in any way before doing it. It all started in U12.3.0, two and a half years ago with the re-release of the brakk, so I guess now is a little too late to change how things are being done. There was some backlash but wasn't enough to at least set up a talk about compensation nor to stop other evet rewards from being brought back and leaving the arm badges as the only thing to show how players were there in certain moment of the game, so in all honesty I don't see the point of starting to compensate for free items to a small amount of players while those who got here to play, support and help the game grow after CB/OBW seem to have been forgotten.

That's why I guess something bigger than an arm badge is too big for a compensation if there's going to be skins, syandanas, sigils or whatever, I'd prefer the weapons to remain exclusive and having a chance at those cosmetic items insteadsimply because these would get a use while the weapons will most likely end keeping dust or used for conclave and low-mid tier content.

Edited by -----LegioN-----
typos

now what.thnx you.when you back this guns thoue cost come to 0.now 1 will use it.just give who have no this gunt 6k mastery exp.and stop on this you put a knife in oldfugs neck.and know what -you sag before a crowd of newcomers and with each such movement, you lose the trust of the fans present fanatov.mozhet you already stop doing stuff? and take care of the stability of the game and not about throwing a rare gun, which symbolize devotion to the player, you. to the delight of novices who swing and will forget about these babes? beautiful blue baby.

1 hour ago, Rozertreit said:

now what.thnx you.when you back this guns thoue cost come to 0.now 1 will use it.just give who have no this gunt 6k mastery exp.and stop on this you put a knife in oldfugs neck.and know what -you sag before a crowd of newcomers and with each such movement, you lose the trust of the fans present fanatov.mozhet you already stop doing stuff? and take care of the stability of the game and not about throwing a rare gun, which symbolize devotion to the player, you. to the delight of novices who swing and will forget about these babes? beautiful blue baby.

What-the-fuck-GIFS.gif?gs=a

1 hour ago, Rozertreit said:

Are we suppose to decrypt this secret message?

Edited by LogaMC1995

6 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Are we suppose to decrypt this secret message?

6k beautiful blue babes got their neck stabbed with a knife while mozhet(Mozart's secret son?) was playing in front of a crowd which was throwing devotion at him; the cost(of the ticket?) was 0 for oldfugs and 1 for newcomers/novice.

Fanatov(the lead guitar)sag but with such movement he lost the trust of the fans because he showed no stability.

There you go.

Edited by siralextraffo

Why is there a bunch of people asking for compensation if some free weapons that only required you to log in or spend a measly credit? Why? You got them for free, you didn't dish out real money or spend plat for them, it's not about them being 'exclusive' your just trying to find something to complain about. 

As for the guns, I voted yes, everyone should get a fair chance of getting them, plus it would be a nice gesture from DE. 

klick bait? ye. 

I am for releasing the weapons again once beta is over and again  at the start of warframe II

edit: most people want the weapon as MASTERY FODDER. And with the ongoing powercreep I see no reason to release weapons that signifys that People participated in the closed beta.

If you want the master? why not just strip those weapons of the mastery reward? That way it wont lose its purpose and you wont have to get it for other rasons that "getting all the things".

Edited by Kangarad

On 12.8.2016 at 9:57 AM, Ghost_Yo said:

There are players who came to the game relatively recently, but have put just as much time and attention and passion etc. in it as ones who came before. I think they deserve a chance at getting items the others got for free.

Speaking of....

According to Steam I spent 1315 hours, and some money for platinum along the way. I wasn`t playing Warframe for about 2-3 weeks? Guess what I missed a very valid top tier weapon in the form of Dex Sybaris! Do I think I somewhat deserve it? Yes! Was I playing the game during a specific short time frame? No! 

On July 14, 2016 at 7:50 PM, cannonfodder1982 said:

cant understand why anyone would pay over 500 (insert your currency here) for a single game. however each to their own, you just made it sound like your contribution was significant, and if that was unintentional then perhaps not mention it at all in your reply

I've spent over 5k USD on this game. Played since release. No the amount that I spend is not relevant here, However I'm stating that those of us who care about this game do spend money to support DE. Being the only game I play, and I have nothing else to buy? Why not drop a few bucks every other month? As for the Vandals...

I wouldn't mind if the Braton returned. But make the Lato hard to get... Like a 500+ day log in reward... Or make it mastery 15 lock. I don't think players who have just started deserve to have it.