Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's double edged for me.

One hand, it's a slap in the face to early players. They won't have something to show their early days. Just like my snipetron vandal, I felt proud to own such a rare weapon, then it was a sortie reward

But that being said, I missed out on those weapon and would love to add them to my collection. Being a LONG time Warframe player (same week founders pack was introduced if I remember) I'm a bit bummed I don't have these special weapons.

I'm absolutely kicking myself for not getting a founders pack, and as much as I'd love to get an excal prime (even if it was in a new pack for the same price that founders was), I wouldnt want it, too much of a slap to original founders.

Edited by SeEnCreaTive

On 26/07/2016 at 6:28 PM, markus230 said:

You can't say for sure. It was the same case with Braton and Lato Vandal, yet now they are bringing them back

Yes, I can. Link it was said so many times now, it's not even funny anymore.

oh boy i still have my Lato vandal however when the braton vandal came out for 1 credit (yeah i remember) i was noob and didn;t get it, didn't realize it was timed thus missed out (was also out of weapon slots at the time) =(

People who didn't get it obviously want it, people who have it don't want to lose the exclusivity of the item (even if they're too polite to say so). You can have many excuses like "i need the mastery rank" "i'm a completionist", the fact of the matter is that it is a shiny goodie that you don't have access to and it makes you frown. I have Lato Vandal, I carry it around to show it off sometimes since secondaries are a waste of a slot anyway. I don't see a reason to bring them back, they're Beta participation rewards. In whatever way you choose to bring them back now it completely wrecks the "sentimental" value of them (for the lack of a better word).

EDIT: now that I thought about it a bit more, the idea of giving out something that was exclusive for the early participation is absolutely preposterous and rude and shame on whoever in the dev team actually thought of this idea in the first place. Remember that this game started small, how about you let the people who gave the game a chance years ago keep their exclusive shiny badge of honor. I know I'm being petty but I stand by it.

EDIT2: Making a poll is silly since the playerbase is way bigger than it was in Closed Beta so of course all of the people who didn't get the weapons (which is the majority) would vote YES

Edited by Berdfess

7 minutes ago, Berdfess said:

People who didn't get it obviously want it, people who have it don't want to lose the exclusivity of the item (even if they're too polite to say so). You can have many excuses like "i need the mastery rank" "i'm a completionist", the fact of the matter is that it is a shiny goodie that you don't have access to and it makes you frown. I have Lato Vandal, I carry it around to show it off sometimes since secondaries are a waste of a slot anyway. I don't see a reason to bring them back, they're Beta participation rewards. In whatever way you choose to bring them back now it completely wrecks the "sentimental" value of them (for the lack of a better word).

EDIT: now that I thought about it a bit more, the idea of giving out something that was exclusive for the early participation is absolutely preposterous and rude and shame on whoever in the dev team actually thought of this idea in the first place. Remember that this game started small, how about you let the people who gave the game a chance years ago keep their exclusive shiny badge of honor.

Or you guys could get compensation, DE hates their mistakes with exclusive MR and weapons. They can give you a digit a badge or a stance instead.

1 hour ago, Berdfess said:

People who didn't get it obviously want it, people who have it don't want to lose the exclusivity of the item (even if they're too polite to say so). You can have many excuses like "i need the mastery rank" "i'm a completionist", the fact of the matter is that it is a shiny goodie that you don't have access to and it makes you frown.

Can't disagree with this part, but it's the only one.

1 hour ago, Berdfess said:

I have Lato Vandal, I carry it around to show it off sometimes since secondaries are a waste of a slot anyway. I don't see a reason to bring them back

Just a matter of tastes. The fact of current owners not using it seems like a good reason to bring it back, after all, I'm sure somebody without it might give it a use once getting it.

2 hours ago, Berdfess said:

they're Beta participation rewards. In whatever way you choose to bring them back now it completely wrecks the "sentimental" value of them (for the lack of a better word).

Same happened with event rewards such as latron, machete, strun, karak wraith, quanta, prova, and even snipetron vandal which were also badges in their moment, badges obtained with more effort than "I was here and got it because of that" or "I went to the market on a specific day and spent the humongous amount of 1 credit to get it". Event weapons gave us the same feeling of "I was there and did something" and bringing them back, like you said, somehow "wrecked the "sentimental" value of those rewards for many players, and it was done without any poll, compensation nor anything, leaving us only our event badges to prove what we did even tough badges usually required way less effort than the weapon itself or thr mod sets added later (which are also being brought back)  I didn't name dera vandal because, on PC, it wasn't actually brought back, same for newer weapons because these are also bound to come back in the future.

I'm not sure if forgot to name any event weapon, but I hope the point is clear anyways.

I want yo clarify, that I'm not saying "DE shouldn't compensate CB players", but instead that they should have taken a similar approach to older players before start bringing event weapons back to avoid that feel of favoritism towards a small group of players. The old event scores still there, so I guess a script to compensate players who obtained weapons from events (leaving us without an actual reward on sorties other than parts to sell) could be done in the same way as it will happen if lato/braton vandal get re released. Rules (or in this case measures) aren't unfair if these apply to everyone.

On 29.07.2016 at 9:55 PM, LOTSL said:

oh boy i still have my Lato vandal however when the braton vandal came out for 1 credit (yeah i remember) i was noob and didn;t get it, didn't realize it was timed thus missed out (was also out of weapon slots at the time) =(

Thanks to this topic, I found out that there are so many players caught in the same BV situation as me...

Playing since the start, I really had hope for this game and I got to see it ride the wave of problems, that slowly built up to this. I didn't go into the founders pack, because I couldn't, I wanted to but couldn't.

I voted no, but I am not opposed to why they are doing it, but I do want something that lets me show that myself, a Mastery 10, who still loves Warframe for what it is, Space-ninjas cutting through enemies, like a hot knife through butter, be able to identified for how I was around since the start 3 years ago, and how much I believed in it.

Please don't make it small, just make it something identifiable, you give the people who have money prime Warframes, syandanas, body accessories, flashy lightshow regalias, How can you make those people who have been around for 3 years, in the community, not feel forgotten.

Edited by Undeademon

5 hours ago, Undeademon said:

Playing since the start, I really had hope for this game and I got to see it ride the wave of problems, that slowly built up to this. I didn't go into the founders pack, because I couldn't, I wanted to but couldn't.

I voted no, but I am not opposed to why they are doing it, but I do want something that lets me show that myself, a Mastery 10, who still loves Warframe for what it is, Space-ninjas cutting through enemies, like a hot knife through butter, be able to identified for how I was around since the start 3 years ago, and how much I believed in it.

Please don't make it small, just make it something identifiable, you give the people who have money prime Warframes, syandanas, body accessories, flashy lightshow regalias, How can you make those people who have been around for 3 years, in the community, not feel forgotten.

Same here buddy I was basically since the start(A little later) and I have nothing to show for it except amazing gear and my hours played. Us console people got nothing....well but just the Jade skin. But the Jade skin has no pbr and has multiple texture issues it is by far the worst excal skin in game and I'm considering the default skin.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Same here buddy I was basically since the start(A little later) and I have nothing to show for it except amazing gear and my hours played. Us console people got nothing....well but just the Jade skin. But the Jade skin has no pbr and has multiple texture issues it is by far the worst excal skin in game and I'm considering the default skin.

You had a PC account before moving to Xbox? 

Uh, hmm.

I don't know, it would be cool, especially since Vandal Lato is the only secondary Vandal in the game, but they are Beta Player items.

I mean, if you brought those back, people might start being all, "Skana and Lato Prime!" again.

I think you shouldn't bring them back.

But, I'd like a Vandal Vasto, and Vandal Tigres.

childish clapping intensifies 

*ahem* 

Yes, definitely. I believe unlike Excal, Lato, and Skana Prime, they Braton and Lato Vandal don't hold as much sentimental value. In my opinion, Vandals and Wraiths shouldn't be specific-player exclusive either, like the items from the Founder pack. Although those primes should definitely stay exclusive, Vandals should make a comeback. Especially for us players who weren't around during the event which they were introduced, or for players who have long since sold those Vandals and wish to obtain them again.

As the owner of these weapons i don't care. If DE give us these weapons again I'm not going to bit****g about that. Maybe Lato V. finally get some buff because you know this gun suck a**. I suspect that for most players  these weapons become just another "mastery fodder".

Besides this vote does not make any sense. You might as well ask "who wants to be a millionaire?".

I think that there should be an exchange. 

Give players who had those weapon exclusively before:

1) an achievement only they can have

2) an exclusive skin for them to keep having something exclusive to  represent their participation at the time

3) an exclusive trophy to decorate the Liset

4) let them choose a Prime Accessories pack and give them for free. 

5) 1000 plat.

By giving them a large goodie bag, I think that it would all be cool. 

15 minutes ago, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

2) an exclusive skin for them to keep having something exclusive to  represent their participation at the time

5) 1000 plat.

How about just a skin for their Braton/Lato Vandal and a "Founder-like" Sigil but for Closed Beta?

1 hour ago, -TP-BrazilianJoe said:

5) 1000 plat.

That's a bit much, don't you think?

#2 would really be the only thing necessary. It's not like CBTesters had to spend money or anything, and those that did already have their neat Founder's swag.

That reply by -TP-BrazilianJoe Is just giving examples/an idea on what we would really want, excessive yes, just don't forget who were around the start, to help that snow ball get rolling.
There are people paid to become noticed, and then there are people who couldn't do that, but instead delved into the community, joined in the relentless grinds with other groups of people, banding together to get that precious 0.1% Blueprint.

I honestly don't know how to feel.  I agree that maybe when the game (Finally) exits open beta, but I'm concerned that this would set a dangerous precedence.  Mainly, I'm concerned that this would get more people to demand that items that DE promised would exclusive(Excal Prime being the, well, prime example) become re-released.

I don't have the Braton/Lato Vandal, and I'm fine with that, I missed out, and people that got them deserve to keep them, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.  Re-releasing them would hurt the significance of the item(That being a reward to closed beta users for sticking with the game from the very beginning).

3 minutes ago, UFOLoche said:

I honestly don't know how to feel.  I agree that maybe when the game (Finally) exits open beta, but I'm concerned that this would set a dangerous precedence.  Mainly, I'm concerned that this would get more people to demand that items that DE promised would exclusive(Excal Prime being the, well, prime example) become re-released.

I don't have the Braton/Lato Vandal, and I'm fine with that, I missed out, and people that got them deserve to keep them, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.  Re-releasing them would hurt the significance of the item(That being a reward to closed beta users for sticking with the game from the very beginning).

Everyone always demands Founders exclusive, that's one thing that'll never end u_u But I dont recall these two being Exclusive? Weren't they just rewards for one of the older events, like in closed beta or something?

I missed out on Snipetron Vandal the first time but was able to get it. I also missed out on nearly every Wraith but have been able to get a few of them. (screw you Vulkar Wraith come back to mama). I mean just because it's only been around once, doesnt mean it should come back :P obviously unless its Founders, they paid for that lmao

Edited by -MortisThorne-