Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Approach Cinematics still bugged

LordPreda

I have made this thread several times already and I will continue to do so.

- When approaching an Infested Corpus Ship mission on Eris the cinematic shows an Intact Corpus Ship

- When approaching an Infested Outbreak mission on a Corpus Node that takes place on a Grineer Asteroid Tileset (like Phorid missions on a Corpus node) the cinematic shows us approaching a CUBE in space, a placeholder for a missing model

These are the old examples. The new examples of broken approach cinematics, introduced with Update Spectres of the Rail, are below:

- Approaching a Moon Survival Mission shows us approaching a random planet or a Corpus ship; not always, but it has happened several times.

- A fissure Mission on Europa had a cinematic showing the approach to a CORPUS SHIP, but the mission itself took place on CORPUS ICE PLANET tileset. The extraction tile was that of a Corpus ship. So, if I wasn't clear, the mission intro was towards a Corpus ship, the mission took place in some icy caverns, and the extraction had me leave those icy cavers via a room leading to deep space.

Please fix these approach cinematics!

Some example screenshots:

- Kala-azar node on Eris:

Spoiler

yA0SAVy.jpg

Approach shows normal, intact Corpus ship

u0jcPOC.jpg

Interior is Infested Corpus ship, which as we know has tiles that show the ship is fragmented, broken into many pieces by Infested tendrils

ArdGDGD.jpg

Here is a picture of the tile proving the ship is fragmented (and thus cannot look "intact" from the exterior; this is from another session, but I have seen it in the latest build as well:

NZsCXK7.jpg

- All Eris nodes have this problem, not just this one. Here is another screenshot from Solium:

Spoiler

Approach shows Intact Obelix

ab2laea.jpg

Interior is devastated:

hTIBtWO.jpg

- Infested Phorid Outbreak mission on Psamanthe, Neptune:

Spoiler

Approach shows Infested Corpus Ship

nZDmr2G.jpg

Tileset is Grineer Asteroid (and Lotus mentions "abandoned Grineer Asteroid Base")

Q1h8skL.jpg

- Mithra and Marduk nodes in The Void, normal missions:

Spoiler

trUx70U.jpg

Approach shows a Galleon in the Void in both cases:

2hmrexb.jpg

zeAoryn.jpg

Missions take place in Orokin Tower tileset:

zF4jJ6z.jpg

- The Cube I mentioned as showing up in an approach cinematic; this picture is from an older build of the game but I have encountered it in the latest build as well, I just forgot to screenshot it; this cube appears to show up in Invasion missions, or at least that is where I have seen it most frequently:

Spoiler

Gxp0ux9.jpg

Why no one is paying attention ? 
He's right, and all these bugs ( even if it's kinda nothing to others people ) are annoying and should have been fixed since a long time ago ....
sometimes during the approche cinematics of corpus ship, your landingcraft just run into it, through the ship as if it's not solid ...

It breakings the mood of the game :/ 
Like the way you're supposed to be in a spaceship ( grineer or corpus ) and when you look through the window of the ship, you won't see the other parts of the ship...
I don't like this incoherence , i know the generation is random, but this is really bothering me since i play :/

Sorry for bad english by the way.

Bug is still in place as of SOTR 11 Update. Here are some new screenshots. Zeipel Node, normal Moon Rescue mission against Corpus:

Spoiler

Approach shows Pluto, I think (that is where I went before going to the Moon)

FuE6yTF.jpg

Mission takes place on Moon tileset:

sURKROc.jpg

A second example, because I later ran Zeipel again.

Spoiler

Approach shows Mars this time (no idea why, maybe it just shows a random planet?)

6BzNeuq.jpg Mission takes place on Moon Tileset:

p9JAJK3.jpg

Edited by LordPreda

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not only approach cinematics are bugged, mission itself sometimes too. Choosing mission in Sedna which should have Galleon tileset, instead of that game load Ceres shipyard tileset or Eris - Oestrus node combining 3 different tilesets in totally wrong order

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Starting to lose faith. i just got used to the cube it's a planet to me now. Funny thing is in every hotfix or update theres always freaking conclave fixes. I dont even think the people that actually play conclave (not just go in and stand around killing each other to get the standing done) make up a 1/4 of the total warframe players. 

46 minutes ago, SirForhie said:

Starting to lose faith. i just got used to the cube it's a planet to me now. Funny thing is in every hotfix or update theres always freaking conclave fixes. I dont even think the people that actually play conclave (not just go in and stand around killing each other to get the standing done) make up a 1/4 of the total warframe players. 

If you're saying that there's a node that's still bugged I think it'll need a more specific report than this.

2 hours ago, Snib said:

If you're saying that there's a node that's still bugged I think it'll need a more specific report than this.

I haven't verified whether or not the Cube is still appearing as of 19.7.2 but it was always tied more to Invasion events than fixed nodes.

90% of the time the approach cinematics are broken, go on a corpus ship and the cinematic show only empty space, or just a floating metal panel, or a grineer galleon, or show the ship way too close to the camera with your ship flying into/through the ship, and same is true with grineer ships, either glitched and it's invisible, too close, etc.
Also the lighting is all over the place, not looking like it's in outer space at all most of the time, but brightly lit or saturated or some other weird looking out of place illumination effect covering the entire ship.
Approaching planets less buggy, I don't think I've seen in a while rain or snow effects in space when approaching a planet with those weather effects going on.

Good to see the infested ships are finally back.

40 minutes ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

show the ship way too close to the camera with your ship flying into/through the ship, and same is true with grineer ships, either glitched and it's invisible, too close, etc.

I only saw this with Corpus ships, but it's true, it happens very often to make it look like we're going to smash into the thing.