Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PC Gamer Article

1 hour ago, Plushy said:

Give founders more free S#&$! I've been touched in my feels because of this ;~;

I think we need a Warframe Founders Day.

Ack! Nooo nono no no no! Founders' prime items have split the community enough, adding more free stuff for founders may just add fuel to the flame. :D

1 hour ago, Misgenesis said:

A good read.

''I asked why they're still playing after so many years, and 'frequency of updates' was one of most consistent answers i got.'' This is a little weird and worrying to me. 

I'm betting it's more "They don't leave bugs to sit and kill everything most of the time."

Nevertheless, <3 DE. Thank you for making this game!

Everyone who is playing or has played Warframe at some point should really read this article....what an underdog story it is! I must say after reading this and what DE did recently to fix the relic bug problem...I'm seriously thinking about buying the nekros prime access to show more of my love and support for this game and DE. I started playing around the time nekros was added and he was one of the first frames that i really liked and farmed for free (still my most played). I decided to support Warframe and DE after getting nekros then and i told myself later (didnt know if nekros prime would or could happen) that i would buy nekros prime if i'm still playing. Since then I spent money and said i probably wouldn't because I've spent more then enough (the most I've ever spent on a game) supporting DE (which is now around 350;). But I might...I just might through down on nekros prime access. So thank you to all those at DE who have worked so hard to make this game better and better...cheers!

Timing on this article was quite strategic.

Didn't Reb just do a guest appearance on the authors stream not too long ago?

Anyways, it's a PCGamer article that is not stating anything new; it read as an advertisement than anything else. Wonder how much that cost.

10 hours ago, GreyEnneract said:

26 million registered users ey.

How many of those are active.

It's in the top 10 played on steam. Then those like myself that don't go thru steam to play. So it's hard to nail down the exact number. If you add the non steam players, id Say in the top 5.

Interesting.  I didn't know about that background.  When I first started Warframe I just assumed they just tried on their own first.  Publishers seems to be about copying instead of trying new things most of the time.

Either way glad they succeeded.

3 hours ago, BBYipho said:

Interesting.  I didn't know about that background.  When I first started Warframe I just assumed they just tried on their own first.  Publishers seems to be about copying instead of trying new things most of the time.

Either way glad they succeeded.

A lot of them want to be efficient and quick with their money. Which make sense, it's a gaming entertainment is a business but a lot tend to mess up to easily. For example there was game called Overstrike or Fuse as it is known. What I really liked about it is its bright and colourful cast of characters with their own personalities and quirks. Then they decide to do "focus group" and found it was "childish". Even tho one of characters were pretty brutal. Seriously, go watch Overstrike trailer and compare it to Fuse (Same game, different name).

Edited by Ibro156

time and again this article always seems to surface when there is a major drop in player stats<< check before and after archwing and youll find this article floating in a post or a few and probably the same attendees saying basically the same thing... sigh!

next big change up this  article will be copied and pasted..

10 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

time and again this article always seems to surface when there is a major drop in player stats<< check before and after archwing and youll find this article floating in a post or a few and probably the same attendees saying basically the same thing... sigh!

next big change up this  article will be copied and pasted..

If you're mentioning the steam charts, then that's not a correct way of checking the playerbase.

If you have info on the playerbase please list a source, and if you want people to believe anything you're saying, again, list a source.

1 hour ago, ravend said:

It's in the top 10 played on steam. Then those like myself that don't go thru steam to play. So it's hard to nail down the exact number. If you add the non steam players, id Say in the top 5.

It specifies in the article that they peak at 100,000 concurrent players a day across all three platforms. They are doing pretty well for themselves.

17 hours ago, Dumfing said:

-snip-
“You will fail.” 

“Western game companies can’t make free-to-play because they don’t update them,” they said, according to Sinclair. “Because they spend way too much time making the graphics good, and they spend way too much time making a type of game that can’t grow and evolve.”

major part of warframe

The outcome requires a "BOOYAH! IN YO' FACE!", I guess.

2 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

Alot it not that alot of them want to be efficient and quick with their money. Which make sense the gaming entertainment is a business but a lot tend to mess up to easily. For example there was game called Overstrike or Fuse as it is known. When I really liked it. Bright and colourful cast of charavters with their own personalities and quirks. Then they decide to do "focus group" and found it was "childish". Even tho one of characters were pretty brutal. Seriously, go watch Overstrike trailer and compare it to Fuse (Same game, different name).

Interesting never heard of that game before.  Looking at the trailers I see a large difference for sure.  The so called "mature" change kind of made it look much more bland to me.  Still haven't looked at any actual gameplay but the change in theme made it something I'm not as interested to try.

9 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

A good read.

''I asked why they're still playing after so many years, and 'frequency of updates' was one of most consistent answers i got.'' This is a little weird and worrying to me. 

help me! It's like the digital version of crack...that is until PokemonGo

I realized I forgot something important in my last post. I think the game is really fun, the gameplay is great. I just think you need to be invested to appreciate it. If someone just showed me a clip, even now, it would be hard to appreciate what it really is.

6 hours ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

help me! It's like the digital version of crack...that is until PokemonGo

Ever pokemon go doesn't need 2000 + hours before getting to the character creation screen. lol ;)

Also interesting read.