Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Stradavar so that its default/shown mode is semiauto

[DE]Momaw

Stradavar has been an unpopular weapon since its release. It recently got buffed significantly but still not a lot of people are using this. Personally I am convinced it's because the game presents the automatic firing mode as the basis of its stats. And, as an automatic assault rifle, the Stradavar is quite poor. Not at all worth considering against the likes of even Braton Prime, to say nothing of the Soma etc.  Where Stadavar is strong enough to be interesting and relatively unique is in its semi-auto firing mode, but the arsenal basically "hides" this mode from the player so they don't realize it unless they start digging through the wiki.

Therefore, I would like to see the Stradavar's default firing mode become the semi-automatic mode, and to have semi's stats shown in the market and in the arsenal so that players really understand what this weapon is capable of.

Edited by Momaw

First off, the semi-auto mode of the Stradavar is terrible stats-wise as well. The Stradavar isn't even close to the Latron Prime in damage or status chance and only has slightly higher critical chance. So, I'm not sure why you think showing the semi-auto stats would make any difference at all.

The Stradavar is a gimmick weapon that is supposed to offer something a little different compared to other rifles. It's not meant to be a endgame/ 3 hour survival type of weapon. Not all weapons DE releases can be endgame level, period. 

Whether Stradavar is better or worse than the Latron Prime is debatable. Your definition of "end game" is subjective.

What is neither, is the fact that Stradavar is significantly stronger on semi-automatic than it is on full auto. Thus the suggested change.

And surely it would be best to do what Taiiat suggests and show stats for all firing modes on weapons, but in the short term...

Looking at the stats for both, not really debatable. Latron's got a lot more potential for damage and status, but it's not available right now, though. And then there's latron wraith, which it is straight up better then stradavar in all but reloading, which isn't available most of the time.

But, back on topic, I kinda have to agree. We've got stradavar, latron, and grinlok for readily available semiauto rifles(May be wrong), so may be worth making semiauto the base mode, or let the player choose.

13 hours ago, Francois878 said:

The Stradavar isn't even close to the Latron Prime in damage or status chance and only has slightly higher critical chance.

The Stradavar is NOT a Prime weapon though and, considering it IS Tenno, it can (and SHOULD) be primed.

I do believe though it needs a lower MR requirement (I mean, 8? really?) and a buff to damage when in semi-auto mode, even if that costs more bullets (a la Quanta Vandal).

34 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

The Stradavar is NOT a Prime weapon though and, considering it IS Tenno, it can (and SHOULD) be primed.

I do believe though it needs a lower MR requirement (I mean, 8? really?) and a buff to damage when in semi-auto mode, even if that costs more bullets (a la Quanta Vandal).

But people are comparing the full auto firing mode to the Braton Prime stats, so the semi auto stats should be held to the same standards, yes?

Because the Stradavar's full auto firing mode is better then the Braton in a number of stats... 

Just now, Francois878 said:

But people are comparing the full auto firing mode to the Braton Prime stats, so the semi auto stats should be held to the same standards, yes?

Because the Stradavar's full auto firing mode is better then the Braton in a number of stats... 

They are comparing a non-prime weapon to what can be considered the assault-rifle benchmark. I think that's a mistake conception. Imagine that, we're comparing weapons that just need some resources to craft (by MR8, if you don't have enough resources to make your own dojo, you really need to learn to farm them) to a weapon that needs (or needed) quite a bit of time to get in the Void.

Now, I love the Braton and I love Latron. But Stradavar isn't either. It's selling point is supposed to be the ability to switch, not the stopping power of either Prime weapons. Not to mention, as I said; it's a prime Priming candidate (if you excuse the pun). Give me a bit more damage when going semi-auto and a reduction to MR (not that it affects me, MR22 ftw woot woot) to weapons more along its line, and we're good. Then we can have it primed and be on par with our better weapons.

15 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

The UI needs a overhaul desperatly, there are so many values not shown, not exclusively to all the weapons with secondary firing modes, but simple values like range (for beam and melee weapons ), projectile speed, alarming range and so on.

I disagree -the UI should be simple and straightforward. Such values SHOULD be on the arsenal however, to let you know of the Quality of Life of your weapons.

22 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

Now, I love the Braton and I love Latron. But Stradavar isn't either. It's selling point is supposed to be the ability to switch, not the stopping power of either Prime weapons. Not to mention, as I said; it's a prime Priming candidate (if you excuse the pun). Give me a bit more damage when going semi-auto and a reduction to MR (not that it affects me, MR22 ftw woot woot) to weapons more along its line, and we're good. Then we can have it primed and be on par with our better weapons.

No argument on your first point... I've said earlier on that it's a gimmick weapon...

A little more damage all around would be nice as well, IMO... And while I do agree that this Tenno rifle is an excellent candidate for priming, there are other Tenno rifles that are older (Sybaris, Tiberon) who deserve it more...

Sybaris was just Dex'd (and loving it) and Tiberon... beyond just levelling it for MR, I didn't really use it. In fact, I believe that, exactly because of Stradavar's gimmicky nature, it should be primed before others. We don't have any gimmicky Primes, see?

53 minutes ago, Lyravain said:

I disagree -the UI should be simple and straightforward. Such values SHOULD be on the arsenal however, to let you know of the Quality of Life of your weapons.

I feel UI and Arsenal should represent same Stats so you can see what exactly is affected by different mods.

Arsenal could have the in-depth weapon description and possibly weapon debut video clip or link to clip.

...Ugh...I need to keep up with PC updates

Just realized Stradavar Full-auto went from 30 (PS4 build) and got lowered to 25.

At least Semi-auto makes sense at Double Damage when Fire-rate is halved*

Curious though as Specter of Rail 7 update says : 

-Fixed missing UI information for the Stradavar's different fire modes in the Arsenal.

Did they remove it by accident?

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

22 hours ago, Francois878 said:

First off, the semi-auto mode of the Stradavar is terrible stats-wise as well. The Stradavar isn't even close to the Latron Prime in damage or status chance and only has slightly higher critical chance. So, I'm not sure why you think showing the semi-auto stats would make any difference at all.

The Stradavar is a gimmick weapon that is supposed to offer something a little different compared to other rifles. It's not meant to be a endgame/ 3 hour survival type of weapon. Not all weapons DE releases can be endgame level, period. 

It is at least as good as Latron Prime. 50 damage, 20%/2x crit, perfect accuracy, 65 magazine, no recoil, + "anti-nullifier mode" on button press. I would say it has great perks compared to Latron P, enough to make it an equal.

59 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

It is at least as good as Latron Prime. 50 damage, 20%/2x crit, perfect accuracy, 65 magazine, no recoil, + "anti-nullifier mode" on button press. I would say it has great perks compared to Latron P, enough to make it an equal.

No, just no. Latron Prime is in another league, but the Stradavar hasn't to be that good anyways.

It's a fun weapon, a shame it doesn't know if it wants to be an inferior Soma or sidegrade to the Latron (vanila).

8 minutes ago, bubbabenali said:

No, just no. Latron Prime is in another league, but the Stradavar hasn't to be that good anyways.

It's a fun weapon, a shame it doesn't know if it wants to be an inferior Soma or sidegrade to the Latron (vanila).

What is the difference? Latron P has 85 damage with 15%/2.5x vs Stradivar's 50, 20%/2x. Latron Prime's recoil is so huge that I must use Stabilizer in order to fire with full speed and the very small magazine and large reload basically screams for a Primed Fast Hands. Stradivar at least has no such downsides, it's just like a pinpoint laser.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

What is the difference? Latron P has 85 damage with 15%/2.5x vs Stradivar's 50, 20%/2x. Latron Prime's recoil is so huge that I must use Stabilizer in order to fire with full speed and the very small magazine and large reload basically screams for a Primed Fast Hands. Stradivar at least has no such downsides, it's just like a pinpoint laser.

The difference is the ridcolus power of the crit mods. With both of the aim mods and a good target practise you can pop every enemies head with a few shots thanks to the 19x damage multiplier of the Latron Prime.

To be fair though, without Argon Scope or good aim the difference is way smaller between the two.