Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Tigris prime?

Just now, (PS4)Basic_Impulse said:

I recently got my hands on the sancti Tigris, I don't have any decent mods for shotguns but wow I love that thing, in almost worried because I don't know how Tigris prime can stand next to it, what with that syndicate proc and all, what do you guys think?

judging by the syndicate version, they will try to find a way to balance it out, plus you still get the syndicate proc which can make or break other weapon selection so idk

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I count 1 prime shotgun not counting this upcoming one.

Sorry but I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.  Are you saying we need more primed shotguns?

If so, that's basically what I'm saying, but Tigris didn't need to be primed.  They could have primed something else, like another shotgun.

Just now, VampirePirate said:

Sorry but I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.  Are you saying we need more primed shotguns?

If so, that's basically what I'm saying, but Tigris didn't need to be primed.  They could have primed something else, like another shotgun.

Definitions of Variety differ. On one side yes you are right, on the other this decision is doing the same too. Just playing both sides of the argument for thought.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Basic_Impulse said:

I agree, it could be put towards something different, maybe something a little unconventional like the buzzlok or amprex, I'm up for anything really though

amprex is corpus and buzzloc is grineer

I would have preferred the sybaris prime

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Definitions of Variety differ. On one side yes you are right, on the other this decision is doing the same too. Just playing both sides of the argument for thought.

Can you help me understand why priming Tigris is a good thing or beneficial?   I just want to see what you or anyone else see in this.

8 minutes ago, -Voltage- said:

I still want a Pump Action Puncture Based Shotgun, with Innate 4m punch through and functions like the terminators shotgun. Asta La Vista ... babay

image.gif

Thats Lever action right there mate.

Also I think this one will be power creepy As F*** considering thats how the Nikana P went.

3 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

Thats Lever action right there mate.

Also I think this one will be power creepy As F*** considering thats how the Nikana P went.

i couldnt find a pump action gif, so the lever action worked xD. I just want a new shotgun not Primed Powercreep

16 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

I think that making it a prime was completely unnecessary.  They could have used that investment to prime something else and provide a better variety

There's only one other Prime shotgun, and Boar functions dramatically different from Tigris, since it's automatic and status-based.

If you're speaking strictly of variety within the Prime Weapons, I think Tigris satisfies that requirement quite well.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

There's only one other Prime shotgun, and Boar functions dramatically different from Tigris, since it's automatic and status-based.

If you're speaking strictly of variety within the Prime Weapons, I think Tigris satisfies that requirement quite well.

Yeah i see what you mean.  I was saying that there were plenty of other weapons that could have been primed instead of tigris, because we already have a useful syndicate version.  It would seem that a primed version would either be less effective than the syndicate version or more so.  Either way, it did not seem necessary, because if the primed version is better, i would just build the primed version and ditch the syndicate version.  That seems like power creep to me.  Nikana, at least did not have a syndicate version of it, so making a prime was interesting.  However, i like Tigris regardless.  It's my favorite shotgun.  Just thought it would have been better to prime something else.

I love how the Sancti looks, and I'm concerned as to which one will be "better" (hopefully they fill two different roles, perhaps Tigris having lower base damage but larger magazine and critical stats to boot). Personally, I want to see Strun Prime, as I remember enjoying the reload mechanic and wishing it was perhaps on a better weapon.

They might give it good crit/status stats. That might just make the damage completely insane.

Overall tigris prime probably needs a really short reload time or a larger magazine to be a real upgrade in a lot of situations.